PDA

View Full Version : Let's trade for Jasikevicius

raspsa
05-30-2006, 12:00 AM
If Pop is looking for a proven point guard, why not trade for Jasikevivius. Indiana will be looking to rebuild and maybe the Spurs can offer someone they like in exchange. Jasikevicius is a mature, tough competitor and won't disappear in crunch time. He's a real threat from 3-point range. I'd love to see him in a Spurs jersey.

MannyIsGod
05-30-2006, 12:06 AM
This is the same guy who even with the Pacers starting guard out for big chunks of the season couldn't beat out anthony Johnson? Color me unconvinced.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 12:11 AM
They're not going to give up on that guy after one season, he's a work in progress.

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 12:14 AM
They're not going to give up on that guy after one season, he's a work in progress.

Dude is old and slow. The lack of work is there and there will be no progress

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2006, 12:15 AM
May as well bring back Nick Van Exel. No thanks.

raspsa
05-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Bird wants him to be a PG, Carlisle thinks he should be a SG..no wonder they guy was confused in just his rookie season. This guy had terrific games against the US squad a couple of years back.

ponky
05-30-2006, 12:18 AM
then the cameras would have both Eva and Miss Universe to ogle at

Bob Lanier
05-30-2006, 12:54 AM
He sucks.

Forget shooting, or playmaking (which make Tony Parker's look like Steve Nash's), or defense (which make Nick Van Exel's look like Bruce Bowen's) - this guy is too slow and too weak a dribbler to get the ball into a position to initiate the offense without his man being picked off of him at least once (and frequently 2-3 times).

That's to advance the ball 60 feet in the open floor - you're looking at 6-9 seconds left on the shotclock to run a play if the opposing team makes any effort to pressure him. In the New Jersey series, he was so frustrated by Jacque Vaughn that Carlisle eventually resorted to Stephen Jackson bringing the ball upcourt and then waiting a few more seconds so that "Runi" could build up enough momentum to cleanly take the ball on a dribble handoff.

And who knows just how good a shooter he is in the NBA?

Horry For 3!
05-30-2006, 01:09 AM
Bird wants him to be a PG, Carlisle thinks he should be a SG..no wonder they guy was confused in just his rookie season. This guy had terrific games against the US squad a couple of years back.
Yeah, he is too old now and sucks in the NBA

timvp
05-30-2006, 01:12 AM
I'd rather have Beno.

Pero
05-30-2006, 04:38 AM
Forget shooting, or playmaking (which make Tony Parker's look like Steve Nash's), or defense (which make Nick Van Exel's look like Bruce Bowen's)

You`re kidding right? Agree about the defense though. I`d rather have him than Van Exel though. And I`d rather have Beno than any of these two.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 04:41 AM
I'd rather have Beno.I'd rather have Andre Barrett.

TDMVPDPOY
05-30-2006, 04:45 AM
I'd rather have Beno.

ducks
06-02-2006, 04:04 PM
how did I miss this thread

who said he was the second coming ....

he overrated euro!

DarrinS
06-02-2006, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Lanier]He sucks.

Forget shooting, or playmaking (which make Tony Parker's look like Steve Nash's), or defense (which make Nick Van Exel's look like Bruce Bowen's) - this guy is too slow and too weak a dribbler to get the ball into a position to initiate the offense without his man being picked off of him at least once (and frequently 2-3 times).

QUOTE]

WOW! That says it all.

Mr. Body
06-02-2006, 04:59 PM
We need speedy, athletic playmakers. Not old, slow spot-up shooters.

ALVAREZ6
06-02-2006, 06:18 PM
We already have a bunch of 3-point shooters.

and that is the only thing that this Yasicabbages brings, so I'd say hell no.

SA Gunslinger
06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Brent Barry>Jasikevicious