PDA

View Full Version : Phil Hellmuth has nothing on Kori Ellis

kris
05-30-2006, 12:54 AM
I know in my experience Kori has been the top player I have played with or seen play while sitting out.

She does get out early on occasion, but usually when she breaks into the top half of a tournament style game, she ends up winning it all. I don't think I have ever been able to put two correct guesses in a row as to what she has.

I've probably seen her take down at least 7 tournaments total.

Her negative is when she gets out early, but the reactive side of that is she becomes dominant early when she doesn't get knocked out.

Good job Kori, but I'm going to try to beat you to 10 trophies.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2006, 03:32 AM
:lol Thanks Kris.

My strength is my downfall. I'm super risky. That's why I get out early sometimes (a lot?).

Also, I don't overly get into the statistics, hand strength, etc. I am probably more mathematical than almost anyone, but I don't really kill myself on that part ... it would ruin it for me. I like playing for the fun of it, try to read people, and I don't like being bullied out of a hand. So I stay in hands that I statistically shouldn't. And I hate playing online. The human element of it is why I like to play. Playing online would bore me to death.

I don't think you can beat me to 10 trophies though :)

katyon6th
05-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Kori doesn't take any shit from nobody. She scares me when we play because it's hard to see her fold and when I'm bluffing (I'm the master bluffer :lol riiight) I get super super neverous if Kori is still in.

Can I get a trophy?

kris
05-30-2006, 11:22 AM
You got a trophy the other day when you took down that massive 20 man tournament. Any time you beat 8 maybe 7 or more people tournament style, that's a trophy. That 20 man trophy is looking pretty shiny though.