PDA

View Full Version : Pietrus or another french players will fit perfectly for Spurs !!!!

drclic
05-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Ok,

Spurs need a quick and short power ? We have full of that kind of player in France ...

Start with Flo Pietrus (brother of Mike Pietrus-Golden State) ... just watch his game against Nowitsky 2-3 years ago in european championship ... just impressive ...
good rebounder, great leaper, excellent defense(the best french ), not so bad to shoot the ball (around perimeter) ... just 2m01(maybe 6-8), okay but good mentality, a lot of energy (i'm sure you will be bluffed by it)... and he wants so much to come to NBA that you can sign him for less than anybody of his talent.
Perfect agains Nowitsky (far the best i saw on this guy).
It's a Malik Rose-like, or a Reggie Evans-like.

let Tony just talk to the guy during the summer and give him a NBA contract !!! It's incredible that his brother Mike is so overrated and he's so underated ...
If Spurs need to play small-ball during playoff, he's your guy !!! no doubt !!!

Drclic.

spur219
05-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Michael Pietrus is not overrated. He just never gets a chance to show his skills with him sharing minutes with Dunleavy. He needs to go to a place where he can get more minutes.

Texas_Ranger
05-30-2006, 08:44 AM
It would be good to have him in our team, he is a great player

drclic
05-30-2006, 08:47 AM
yeah yeah don't misunderstand me ... Mike Pietrus is a good player : his shoot is oveera

drclic
05-30-2006, 08:49 AM
sorry, his shoot is overrated !!!
he can help spurs replace bowen ...
He's a good kid, very coachable, with energy and athleticism ... he sure can defend on the guy ... and make some shoots ...

His older brother flo is not the one to forget !!! i think his more vaulable agaisn the mavs or suns ...

Bruno
05-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Florent Pietrus is likely not good enough to play in nba.
The best (and only) way for him to play in nba is to participate at some summer leagues but it will be complicate with the french national team.
4 points, 3 rebounds in 18 minutes with Unicaja (Spain) are weak stats

Duncanoypi
05-30-2006, 09:10 AM
i like Mikael Pietrus....is he a FA?...

picnroll
05-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Florent played with the Spurs SL team and he wasn't any good even there.

samikeyp
05-30-2006, 09:23 AM
isn't Mahinmi French?

Mavschick
05-30-2006, 09:24 AM
i like Mikael Pietrus....is he a FA?...

He won't be a FA until '08-'09.

He reminds me a lot of Boris Diaw or Jumaine Jones, athletic guys who have springs for legs, can play D, have decent shooting range, and whose best position is SF but can play multiple positions.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Ok,

Spurs need a quick and short power ? We have full of that kind of player in France ...

Start with Flo Pietrus (brother of Mike Pietrus-Golden State) ... just watch his game against Nowitsky 2-3 years ago in european championship ... just impressive ...
good rebounder, great leaper, excellent defense(the best french ), not so bad to shoot the ball (around perimeter) ... just 2m01(maybe 6-8), okay but good mentality, a lot of energy (i'm sure you will be bluffed by it)... and he wants so much to come to NBA that you can sign him for less than anybody of his talent.
Perfect agains Nowitsky (far the best i saw on this guy).
It's a Malik Rose-like, or a Reggie Evans-like.

let Tony just talk to the guy during the summer and give him a NBA contract !!! It's incredible that his brother Mike is so overrated and he's so underated ...
If Spurs need to play small-ball during playoff, he's your guy !!! no doubt !!!

Drclic.
should change your screenname to "French Salesman" http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif :tu

DDS4
05-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Pietrus is GSW's best on-ball defender. That's not saying much, but he's still pretty good. Very athletic, streaky shooter, lost some confidence towards the end of this season. On the right team, he could pay dividends.

T-Pain
05-30-2006, 06:17 PM
i thought Mike Pietrus was Canadian

Bruno
05-30-2006, 06:19 PM
This thread is a bout Florent Pietrus not Mike Pietrus.

timvp
05-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Florent played with the Spurs SL team and he wasn't any good even there.

That's putting it nicely. He was horrible.

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Mike Pietrus has had plenty of opportunities and that jump shot is average at best. His in the league because of his tight D and athleticism. I would rather take a look at his brother, Florent Pietrus. Anyone French or any body know more about him.

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 06:22 PM
That's putting it nicely. He was horrible.

That answers my question. :lol

Bruno
05-30-2006, 06:26 PM
I would rather take a look at his brother, Florent Pietrus. Anyone French or any body know more about him.

Florent Pietrus is a poor man Noel Felix.

timvp
05-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Florent Pietrus is a poor man Noel Felix.

He was more like a homeless man's Ken Norman.

exstatic
05-30-2006, 06:36 PM
Tony Parker
Boris Diaw
Mike Pietrus
Ian Mahinmi

All First round picks. I'd say France was well scouted, and if Flo Pietrus were any good, he'd be in the L by now. Next.

Bruno
05-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Tony Parker
Boris Diaw
Mike Pietrus
Ian Mahinmi

All First round picks. I'd say France was well scouted, and if Flo Pietrus were any good, he'd be in the L by now. Next.

Don't forget Frederic Weis.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2006, 06:53 PM

Or Johan Petro. :)

exstatic
05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
How could anyone forget Frederic? I'm sure Carter hasn't forgotten tea-bagging him during that game. :lol

SequSpur
05-30-2006, 08:02 PM
We don't need any more got damn foreigners. We need tall athletic american brothas.

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 08:12 PM

No one in the states really knows he good he is/was.

http://www.freewebtown.com/fredbullot/Nouveaux%20fichiers/clip_image070.jpg

jabol130
05-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Didn't F.Pietrus already play in the Spurs training camp last year or the year before. His brother is awesome, we should definitely pursue him.

intlspurshk
05-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Yes, F.Pietrus played in SPURS summar games and he didn't look v .good nor v. bad.

danyel
05-31-2006, 05:18 PM
We don't need any more got damn foreigners. We need tall athletic american brothas.

Yeah, just like Nazr...