PDA

View Full Version : Cuban / Sarver

CosmicCowboy
05-30-2006, 10:32 AM
Anyone heard ANY smack from the owners in this series? It's hard to believe those two "worst owners in the NBA" punkass bitches are keeping their mouthes shut...does Cuban just hate the Spurs and San Antonio?...You would think he would hate Phoenix as well for knocking them out last year...

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 10:43 AM
It's still early...

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't expect Sarver to instigate anything, but he would probably retaliate.

Cuban's not saying anything because he's up in the series and has the better team, so he shouldn't need any "help". But if Dallas goes down 2-3, the floodgates will open.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 11:10 AM
2 douchebags, but only one can be king douchebag.

Taco
05-30-2006, 11:15 AM
I don't expect Sarver to instigate anything, but he would probably retaliate.

Cuban's not saying anything because he's up in the series and has the better team, so he shouldn't need any "help". But if Dallas goes down 2-3, the floodgates will open.

Yeppers

ponky
05-30-2006, 01:21 PM
We don't hate on the Suns the way we hate on the Spurs. If the Spurs had beaten us we would be rooting for the Suns, same as you guys. They have shown footage of both owners during the game, reacting to the game and yelling.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
We don't hate on the Suns the way we hate on the Spurs. If the Spurs had beaten us we would be rooting for the Suns, same as you guys. They have shown footage of both douchebags during the game, being fucking douchebags.

picnroll
05-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah, Cuban only whines nationally when Mavs are down. If it's Miami - Dallas and Miami is up Cuban will be bitching about Shaq non-stop.

Mavtek
05-30-2006, 01:29 PM
The Mavs were up 3-2 in the series when he "said something", sorry to bring facts up......

Mavtek
05-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Cuban only whines nationally when Mavs are down. If it's Miami - Dallas and Miami is up Cuban will be bitching about Shaq non-stop.

Oh and Cuban didn't whine "nationally" he "whined" on a local radio station, and it happened to be quoted nationally.

Oh and is saying the water in the riverwalk is nasty whining? I thought he was just telling the truth is all, huhm anway more facts for ya........

picnroll
05-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Cuban blogged immediately after game 1 of the Spurs series. You remember, the one Stern fined the dipshit for. He was cool with the games 3 and 4 hosings, did some sqawking about Terry's nut shot being more of a Cuban style nut rubbing.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Oh and Cuban didn't whine "nationally" he "whined" on a local radio station, and it happened to be quoted nationally.

Oh and is saying the water in the riverwalk is nasty whining? I thought he was just telling the truth is all, huhm anway more facts for ya........

Here's another fact you conveniently ignored: Mark publicly whined about Terry's suspension and defended a punch to the groin.

Mugshot
05-30-2006, 01:36 PM
The Mavs were up 3-2 in the series when he "said something", sorry to bring facts up......

You're wrong. Don't forget to gargle afterwards.....

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Cuban blogged immediately after game 1 of the Spurs series. You remember, the one Stern fined the dipshit for. He was cool with the games 3 and 4 hosings, did some sqawking about Terry's nut shot being more of a Cuban style nut rubbing.

Oh please he publicly said that he wrote the BEFORE the game, and just because he waited for his first loss of the POs doesn't mean it hade anything to do with that He wasn't whining at all

Mavtek

He didn't whine, he said the 12 best refs should officiate in the Playoffs, not sure how that's whining. He stated an opinion, that's not whining, don't be stupid.

Taco
http://www.mycigarblog.com/blog/archives/images/BBF-3.jpg
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50177845/Flex_Straw.jpg

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 01:41 PM
He didn't whine, he said the 12 best refs should officiate in the Playoffs, not sure how that's whining. He stated an opinion, that's not whining, don't be stupid.

Yes, I fucking called that shit

Mavtek
05-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Here's another fact you conveniently ignored: Mark publicly whined about Terry's suspension and defended a punch to the groin.

What would you have him do? Let me guess he should be more like your owner and not say anything at all? You think the Maloofs sat back and said nothing when Artest was suspended?

Not sure where you going, but I don't think him defending his player is whining. If it is then every lawyer is now a whiner and we should get rid of them all, cause who needs them unless of course it's you that gets arrested for something.

Mavtek
05-30-2006, 01:44 PM
You guys lost, it's time to move on...................

You're all Dwelling........................

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 01:46 PM
What would you have him do? Let me guess he should be more like your owner and not say anything at all? You think the Maloofs sat back and said nothing when Artest was suspended?

Not sure where you going, but I don't think him defending his player is whining. If it is then every lawyer is now a whiner and we should get rid of them all, cause who needs them unless of course it's you that gets arrested for something.

I don't think an owner should publicy defend a punch, no. Nor should the Coach. Or the player, for that matter.

Let the media and fans defend him, let the owner and coach worry about the things they can control.

I H8 Mavs Fans

The first one to bring up last round was you.

MadDog73

You're on our board. YOU move on.

TDMVPDPOY
05-30-2006, 01:47 PM
the both of them should go hire a room

Mavtek
05-30-2006, 01:49 PM
You're on our board. YOU move on.

And this topic relates to the Spurs how? DWELLING............

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 01:51 PM
And this topic relates to the Spurs how? DWELLING............

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 02:03 PM

T-Pain
05-30-2006, 06:08 PM
yeah i hear sarver is a Cuban wannabe

ponky
05-30-2006, 06:43 PM
This thread is weak. If you hate Cuban then stop obsessing so much about him and devoting threads to his every movement.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Nothing like getting advice from someone who trolls on another team's board.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 06:53 PM
They have little else to do except wait for the reply to their audition tapes for "The Benefactor 2."

ponky
05-30-2006, 06:59 PM
They have little else to do except wait for the reply to their audition tapes for "The Benefactor 2."

Or wait for the game to start...oh wait, you wouldn't know anything about that, your team done gone fishin'

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey you live to troll, not me.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, cause we'll never see any trolls posting here DURING THE GAME now, would we?

veruca
05-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Like typical bandwagon Mav fans, they only nitpick what they want to respond to; it's pretty amusing how they NEVER respond to the question of why they continue to troll this forum but whine at what SPURS fans address in a SPURS FORUM!!! You'd think they'd get it by now but then again they are from Oklahoma, oops, I mean Dallas!

CubanMustGo
05-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey, I didn't see this anywhere else ... a Los Angeles Times article on everyone's fav owner from Sunday's edition:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nbacol28may28,1,1459028.column

GO MAVERICKS!

From the desk of Mark Cuban
Owner, Dallas Mavericks

To Stu Jackson
VP, Basketball Operations
National Basketball Assn.
New York, N.Y.

Dear Stu,

As the Game 1 video, which I've overnighted to your home, office, gym and neighborhood Starbucks (and which is also on my blog), shows clearly, Boris Diaw walked at the end of Game 1.

Please add the following names to the list of officials we don't want to see the rest of the postseason: Forte, Joseph; Fryer, Bernard; Willard, Gregory.

We take special exception to Forte, who had to be blind or on the take to call Devin Harris for hooking Steve Nash, who's a notorious flopper as well as a little ingrate.

On the other hand, we'd like to commend the work of Joey Crawford, Jimmy Clark and Joe DeRosa, who worked our Game 2 victory.

As usual, thanks for your prompt attention to these matters,

Mark

I don't care how many millions they pay Jackson, I don't want his problems. He not only hears from the Mavericks but all the other teams, too.

Even in this postseason, the best since the Bulls' heyday, there's no question the system is messed up. Both teams work the referees on every possession, trying to draw contact or fake it by flopping. The referees go back to their hotel, go over the video of the game on their laptops, review all calls and file a report so Jackson has an answer when the losing general manager calls.

Just by engaging in a dialogue, the league is playing along with the teams, which think they're cheated regularly, at the expense of its own referees.

Everyone pines for legendary referees like Mendy Rudolph. Of course, back then opposing coaches swore the real obstacle to winning in Boston Garden wasn't some leprechaun but Mendy.

The great referees dispensed frontier justice like Judge Roy Bean. Joe Gushue once ejected the New York Daily News' Dick Young from the press table. Earl Strom confronted hecklers, once choked partner Dick Bavetta and claimed Wilt Chamberlain saved his career by grabbing him before he could punch a St. Louis Hawks official.

Now referees aren't allowed to have personalities, to the point of barring them from talking to the press. It's all corporate … except for Cuban, who has paid more than $1 million in fines and made matching donations to charity to show how much it bothered him.

There's more to Cuban than his enfant terrible act, breathing life into his franchise. Despite an ego struggle with coach Don Nelson, they kept it together for five seasons until Nellie walked away, when Cuban turned to Avery Johnson, whom Nelson had nominated as his successor.

Cuban's willingness to answer e-mails makes him the people's owner of all time. On the other hand, he's a little too down-to-earth, acting like a yahoo on talk radio.

His team, he claims, either wins or has it stolen by referees, supervised by the bumbling league office while the national press, which hates Cuban, the Mavericks and Dallas, makes up lies.

Cuban's May 23 blog, the day after his team eliminated the Spurs, was standard conspiracy theory, noting TNT's website had put up a montage of players from Detroit, Miami and Phoenix, with San Antonio's Tim Duncan where Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki should have been.

"I guess we didn't get the memo," wrote Cuban. "Unbelievable? Not to the Mavs family. We don't care what the national media thinks. We don't care what the NBA thinks. We believe!"

Actually, if it wasn't for Cuban, no one would have anything against the Mavericks, who are low-key guys and indisputably an elite team. Nor is Dallas some burg pining to be major league. The Cowboys once billed themselves as America's Team and had the national TV ratings to back it up.

With Cuban around, America's Team may now be Whoever's Playing the Mavericks.

As great as the Mavericks-Spurs series was, Cuban, not Nowitzki, may have been the MVP for going onto the floor in Game 1. (Ka-ching! This is the league, that'll be $200,000. Do you want to use the credit card on your account?)

Coaches think drawing a technical foul buys a call or two, but 200K buys more than that.

The Mavericks won Game 3 because of a 50-32 edge in free-throw attempts, with Duncan fouling out when Nowitzki came down on his foot. They won Game 4 when the officials put Nowitzki on the line at the end after a little bump by Bruce Bowen. In Game 7, the officials let Nowitzki get away with going over Duncan's shoulder and hacking him to prevent the winning layup.

There are always questionable calls both ways and the Mavericks proved themselves as worthy as the Spurs. Nevertheless, with Cuban's exuberance and Johnson's determination to toughen his team up, Big D now stands for Dizzy.

Dallas fans booed the Spurs' Michael Finley, the fourth-leading scorer in Mavericks history, who left only after being dumped for luxury tax relief.

If that wasn't bad enough on the yahoo scale, several media outlets encouraged fans to boo Nash, whose departure to Phoenix had been lamented locally while he was twice most valuable player for the Suns.

Even Cuban, who suggested Finley was a "crybaby," thought that was a bit much and, as Jerry Stackhouse noted, it might be good to "let sleeping dogs lie."

RonMexico
05-31-2006, 08:45 AM
Avery and Cuban both yell about the officiating because they have no desire to motivate their teams to show any heart or class... even when the free throws are in their favor

RonMexico
05-31-2006, 08:47 AM
In response to Cuban's claim that Diaw traveled in Game 1 - I want him to look at the tape of every game Dirk and Jason Terry have played in this season and tell me they don't travel/carry about 80% of the time... yeah, he can't because both of those guys get away with everything... including Devin "Dry-Hump" Harris.

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2006, 09:32 AM
hey is mark cuban buyin a mlb team pittsburg or sumshit, watchout no salary cap

CubanMustGo
05-31-2006, 10:11 AM
According to SI "News and Rumors" section, he responded to a writer's email saying he was interested in buying the Cubs.

Spurologist
05-31-2006, 10:31 AM
I couldn't find Cuban to direct my comments at him, so I found the next best thing.

http://hem.passagen.se/sagabo/kabinett/albino/gorilla.jpg

Hook Dem
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Or wait for the game to start...oh wait, you wouldn't know anything about that, your team done gone fishin'
We're still waiting for your team to start last night's game! Got their ass waxed didn't they?

Spurologist
05-31-2006, 10:44 AM
This thread is weak. If you hate Cuban then stop obsessing so much about him and devoting threads to his every movement.

Cuban wants the attention. In other news, Dirk made it on time to his therapy appointment with David Hasselhoff.