PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Speaks

pussyface
05-30-2006, 12:21 PM
according to online wagering sites like bodog.com, the Dallas Mavericks are the odds on favorites to win the NBA title, a slight favorite over Miami.

This in spite of the eminent Bill Walton's pronouncement that the East winnner would be a "prohibative favorite."

Do you agree Dal should be regarded as the favorite?

I think Dal/Mia could be the most exciting NBA Finals matchup in recent memory, although I give the matchup edge to Dallas, a team Shaq has never beaten since coming to Miami.

...Dallas and Miami will be exciting/showtime/fun...can't wait.

Dirk/Wade have been the most exciting (and excellent) players of this years playoffs

jamezyjamez
05-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I think it's a conspiracy by American Airlines for Miami to play Dallas in the NBA Final.

pussyface
05-30-2006, 12:26 PM
oops...meant to post this in nba

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
As I said elsewhere, I think Mavs have a slight advantage. They are deeper than the Heat, have better guards, and Dirk and Wade will cancel each other out.

I guess the big question is, can Shaq keep his energy up against a faster Dallas team? And can he hit some free throws?

But I agree, it should be a good Finals.

spur219
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Dallas beat San Antonio of course they will be the favorite,

pussyface
05-30-2006, 12:48 PM
yeah, i tend to agree with that logic.
when all is said and done, i think it might be clear that dallas/sa were the two best teams.

...Walton wont know what to say, like Barkley when the spurs got knocked out in 7.

Barkley also said this season that the Heat were "not a good team."

Drbio
05-30-2006, 01:09 PM
I think it's a conspiracy by American Airlines for Miami to play Dallas in the NBA Final.

Genius. :lol

clubalien
05-30-2006, 02:28 PM
what are the odds that the spurs win?