PDA

View Full Version : Tim Thomas shows his fake toughness

Shank
05-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Thomas not happy about flagrant foul

By Jerry Brown
East Valley Tribune
May 29, 2006

Suns forward Tim Thomas made it plain he didn’t appreciate or respect the flagrant foul from Dallas’ Josh Howard late in the second quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Mavericks in Game 3 of the Western Conference finals.

Howard hit Thomas in the face on a drive to the basket. Thomas then walked through Howard and Dallas teammate Jason Terry on his way to the free throw line, and he and Terry exchanged shoves before each was hit with a technical foul.

Thomas said he plans no retribution against Howard or Terry (“I’m not going to pick on the little guys; I’ll go after a 7-footer or 6-11-plus guy”), even though the opportunities are plentiful.

“Their little guys are constantly going to the lane and it would be easy to take someone out,” Thomas said. “But that’s not me and not the way you play the game. I don’t know if it was trying to set a tone or a message, but it does absolutely nothing.”

Thomas recalled a 2004 playoff game when he was with the Knicks in which he was carried off the court on a stretcher after being hit by Jason Collins of the Nets while in the air. Thomas demanded retaliation from his teammates that time — he did no such thing Monday.

“I’ve been in situations like that before — being paralyzed from the waist down for 10 minutes,” he said. “When a guy is going up and is vulnerable and you come across his body for a hard foul — it’s not a good play.”
------------------------------------

You've been quoted, Tim. Try and do anything of the sort and you and your painted-on beard will be gone for months. Now's not the time to act like you're tough when you've been known as a pussy for years now.

LEONARD
05-30-2006, 03:18 PM
It didn't accomplish "nothing" Tim...

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57562019mc019_dallas_maveri.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060529/capt.54eb2e4f29a74887b73f2a6b82e01cb3.mavericks_su ns_basketball_pnu103.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57562019ab020_mavs_suns.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57562019mc018_dallas_maveri.jpg

The score after that happened was Mavericks 53 Suns 36...and the Suns were in control at the time it happened...

I think him walking THRU the Mavs fired them up...

leemajors
05-30-2006, 03:19 PM
the flagrant was lame. going at someone's head like that is weak.

Shank
05-30-2006, 03:26 PM
And what is sheepishly walking through someone's huddle? I loved it when Thomas walked through them and tried to glare at Howard. He didn't even flinch and Thomas walked away like the fugazi pussy he is.

leemajors
05-30-2006, 03:40 PM
And what is sheepishly walking through someone's huddle? I loved it when Thomas walked through them and tried to glare at Howard. He didn't even flinch and Thomas walked away like the fugazi pussy he is.

i thought him walking through the huddle was pretty funny, but it accomplished nothing at all.

Shank
05-30-2006, 03:49 PM
It was funny because everyone knows he's a puss and won't do anything. They all had a look like, "Look at this bitch right here".

Holmes_Fans
05-30-2006, 04:00 PM
It was really dumb of his to say that. If he gets a flagarant any time in the series even if it is an accident this quote will come back to haunt him.

LEONARD
05-30-2006, 04:04 PM

He missed the ball... :fro

i thought him walking through the huddle was pretty funny, but it accomplished nothing at all.

Sure it did...it cost his team because it fired up the Mavs... :fro

Burn531
05-30-2006, 04:42 PM
I hate the way Thomas acts but I respect his basketball skills. What the hell is that thing he does with his hand after he hits a 3?

Shank
05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
I think he ripped that from John Cena - the "you can't see me" hand wipe?

Way to rip off a wannabe rapper honkey, Tim.

mabber
05-30-2006, 05:12 PM

Unless it's a Spur doing it, then it's just being tough and not allowing any easy scores. :lol Y'all hate the Mavs so damn much you can't even think straight...it's hilarious.

leemajors
05-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Unless it's a Spur doing it, then it's just being tough and not allowing any easy scores. :lol Y'all hate the Mavs so damn much you can't even think straight...it's hilarious.

uhh anyone going at someone's head on the court is weak, regardless of what team they play for. get a clue.

Holmes_Fans
05-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Looked like he was making some kind of attempt at the ball, he came hard on the left and Thomas switched the ball to the left. Howard was an inch away from getting the ball.

v2freak
05-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Doesn't look like a play on the ball to me.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2006, 11:13 PM
After reading through this thread, I feel like Bob Barker should revise his closing comments to...

"Help control the pest population, have your Mav fans spayed or neutered"

90% of Maverick fans are morons! Have a nice day!

leemajors
05-30-2006, 11:32 PM
pssst. spayed. =o

JMarkJohns
05-30-2006, 11:39 PM
pssst. spayed. =o

That's what I originally typed, but when I doublechecked with Merriam-Webster Online, this is what came up.

Main Entry: spay
Pronunciation: 'spA, nonstand 'spAd
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): spayed /'spAd, nonstand 'spA-d&d/; spay·ing /'spA-i[ng], nonstand 'spA-di[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French espeer to cut with a sword, from Old French, from espee sword, from Latin spatha sword -- more at SPADE
: to remove the ovaries of (a female anima

I should've clicked on SPADE. If I had, I'd have seen that it linked my from spay to spade as in garden tool.

Stupid site. I knew what I meant and their confusing definition page fucked up my joke :madrun

greens
05-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Tim Thomas was really hit in the face kinda brutally, in my opinion. Oh and is walking in between two players really that awful? LOL...And what does that little punch-in-the groin Jason Terry do? Oh he shoves Tim along with the help Mr. Dirk, himself...Interesting...looks like Jason Terry learned NOTHING from his suspencion...That's why I'm rooting for the Suns...I've got no respect for the Dallas players because of their attitude problems...there is no other player that I can't stand as much as I can't stand Terry...grow up! SO what if he went through you! Hello, Josh Howard just hit Tim in the face! It's not like Tim was trying to fight Josh or anyone else after that...So what if he walked through you...

Shank
05-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Tim Thomas was really hit in the face kinda brutally, in my opinion. Oh and is walking in between two players really that awful? LOL...And what does that little punch-in-the groin Jason Terry do? Oh he shoves Tim along with the help Mr. Dirk, himself...Interesting...looks like Jason Terry learned NOTHING from his suspencion...That's why I'm rooting for the Suns...I've got no respect for the Dallas players because of their attitude problems...there is no other player that I can't stand as much as I can't stand Terry...grow up! SO what if he went through you! Hello, Josh Howard just hit Tim in the face! It's not like Tim was trying to fight Josh or anyone else after that...So what if he walked through you...

The proverbial "big picture" has eluded you.

JMarkJohns
05-31-2006, 12:31 AM

Care to elaborate? Please... do shed some light on the significance of your calling out of Tim Thomas.

greens
05-31-2006, 12:34 AM

you have your opinions...I've got mine...If you love players who punch other players when they are mad, well, that's good for you, then....Keep rooting for these guys...sorry but they've got no "class"...

pking
05-31-2006, 12:45 AM
There was no play on the ball really, looked like he just didn't want him to get the easy score. I didn't think it was vicious :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2006, 12:52 AM
weak, why did he had to walk through terry n howard to take ft shots, lame, suns rigged this

SAGambler
05-31-2006, 10:18 AM
The JET is really becoming nothing more than a cheap shot artist.

Keep an eye on him. He'll take a shot at someone anytime he thinks the ref isn't looking...

Hell, even Tony was saying how many cheap shots he took at him...

Somebody needs to lay his punk ass out. Maybe he'll stop that shit.

LEONARD
05-31-2006, 10:37 AM

He didn't just "walk between players"...his path went straight into Terry's back, moving him out of the way. And Terry and Dirk's "shove" as you called it was nothing close to a "shove"...

The Mavs have been called soft for YEARS and they finally get a few guys that will stand up for their team and you'd think they were were the '89 Pistons based on some of these Spurs fans responses... :lol

Bitter Spurs fans...I love it... :fro

The JET is really becoming nothing more than a cheap shot artist.

Keep an eye on him. He'll take a shot at someone anytime he thinks the ref isn't looking...

Hell, even Tony was saying how many cheap shots he took at him...

Somebody needs to lay his punk ass out. Maybe he'll stop that shit.

LMAO... :lol

Frenchies aren't known for their toughness, so it's not surprising that he'd consider Terry a cheap shot artist...

Shank
05-31-2006, 11:33 AM
What was really funny is that Frenchie came out and said all that shit AFTER Terry had been suspended. Way to man up.

mabber
05-31-2006, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=LEONARD]The Mavs have been called soft for YEARS and they finally get a few guys that will stand up for their team and you'd think they were were the '89 Pistons based on some of these Spurs fans responses... :lol [QUOTE]

No doubt, but it wouldn't matter if the Mavs beat the Spurs 4-0 and played perfect basketball without any hard fouls or suspensions. The hate of the Mavs & Dallas will override any rational thought by many Spur's fans. It's unbelievably ridiculous.

That's ok though, as the Mavs are still playing so I'm happy.

LEONARD
05-31-2006, 11:57 AM
No doubt, but it wouldn't matter if the Mavs beat the Spurs 4-0 and played perfect basketball without any hard fouls or suspensions. The hate of the Mavs & Dallas will override any rational thought by many Spur's fans. It's unbelievably ridiculous.

That's ok though, as the Mavs are still playing so I'm happy.

Yep, that's the bottom line :fro :smokin

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Thank you Tim Thomas for ONCE AGAIN pissing off the Mavs (ie, Dirk)...calling him a pussy and blowing him a kiss didn't work out so well did it buddy???

Tim Thomas can shoot 3's, but I think he's playoff kryptonite...

Another note to Tim...the Mavs feed off gay celebrations like you blowing on your hand or whatever it is you're doing.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57561977mc021_phoenix_suns_.jpg

Ref: Houston Rockettes last year with their gay hand gesture after 3's...

Pandaemonaeon
06-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Flashback 2004:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Kenyon Martin taped the back page of a newspaper with the headline "Whiny Tim" to his practice jersey Thursday before his New Jersey Nets' Game 3 against the Knicks.

Martin also mocked and challenged Knicks forward Tim Thomas, who criticized his own teammates and called Martin a phony tough guy a day earlier.

"He knows I'm going to be there at 7 o'clock tonight," Martin said. "He knows where to find me. ... Lock me and him in a room together and see who comes out."

A league spokesman said NBA vice president Stu Jackson was monitoring the developments, which have provided the most intrigue in a one-sided series. New Jersey won the first two games by an average of 21 points.

To the amusement of teammates and the Nets' staff, Martin walked out of the trainer's room at the team's practice facility wearing the back page of the New York Daily News across the front of his jersey. He then proceeded to insult Thomas for several minutes.

"If you take a poll around the league and asked people who they want on their team, they're not going to say Tim Thomas. Teammates never questioned how hard I played," Martin said. "They know what they're going to get out of me when I step on the court. I'm not like Pandora's box -- you open it up and don't know what you're going to get. That's him."

Thomas hasn't played since being flagrantly fouled by Nets center Jason Collins in Game 1, taking a hard fall and bruising his hip, lower back and ankle. He has been ruled out of Game 3.

Thomas made his first public comments since the foul at practice Wednesday, criticizing teammates for failing to retaliate and dismissing Martin as "fugazy" -- a slang term for a fake.

"I think it applies to him more than me," Martin said.

Asked to rank the use of the word "fugazy" on a 1 to 10 insult scale, Martin gave it a zero.

"If it was coming from someone who did something in his career, maybe," Martin said. "Coming from him, it's nothing."

Amid the increasing tension, Nets coach Lawrence Frank said he felt no need to remind his team of the NBA rule prohibiting players from leaving the bench area during a fight.

"Our focus is on winning, our focus isn't on bench control or fighting," Frank said.

Thomas wasn't at the Knicks' morning shootaround but was expected to be in street clothes at Thursday's game.

Martin was surprised Thomas would make such inflammatory comments on the eve of a game he wasn't planning to play in.

"He's a career underachiever. He hasn't done nothing in his career. I've been to the finals twice," Martin said. "His teammates in Milwaukee last year questioned him. That should tell you something right there.

"Sooner or later his teammates now are going to start questioning him calling people out when he's not playing."

Yeah Martin's a punk, but he actually makes a pretty good point. "Pandora's Box" :lol

fyatuk
06-02-2006, 10:25 AM

You act like this doesn't go both ways. There's no such thing as rational thought in a good rivalry :P

mabber
06-02-2006, 12:27 PM
You act like this doesn't go both ways. There's no such thing as rational thought in a good rivalry :P

Your statement is true when fans of both teams hate each others teams, but Mav fans don't hate the Spurs and San Antonio nearly as much as Spurs fans hate the Mavs & Dallas. There's a huge difference there.

BillsCarnage
06-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Teammates never questioned how hard I played," Martin said. "They know what they're going to get out of me when I step on the court. I'm not like Pandora's box -- you open it up and don't know what you're going to get."

:lmao :lmao

Hey Kenyon, how this years PO's work out for ya??

:lmao

MadDog73
06-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Your statement is true when fans of both teams hate each others teams, but Mav fans don't hate the Spurs and San Antonio nearly as much as Spurs fans hate the Mavs & Dallas. There's a huge difference there.

Do you have a poll or something? I don't think Spurs fans "hated" the Mavs until all the trash talk started during the series...

I still think most "I hate the Mavs" posts are just a result of egging on from Mavs Fans... who sure are enjoying it, even if they don't "hate" the Spurs!

In any case, why wouldn't Mav Fans hate the Spurs? How many times have the Spurs eliminated them?

mabber
06-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Do you have a poll or something? I don't think Spurs fans "hated" the Mavs until all the trash talk started during the series...

I still think most "I hate the Mavs" posts are just a result of egging on from Mavs Fans... who sure are enjoying it, even if they don't "hate" the Spurs!

In any case, why wouldn't Mav Fans hate the Spurs? How many times have the Spurs eliminated them?

No, I'm just going by what I read & hear. All the Mav fans I know have a huge amount of respect for the Spurs. Of course, I'm only going by who I know so I should have qualified my prior statement (my bad). Yes, it sux that we were 0-2 vs. them in playoff series prior to this year but I've never noticed any hate.

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/61515.jpg