PDA

View Full Version : Robertas Javtokas will sign with Spurs ?

Pages : [1] 2

Bruno
05-31-2006, 04:30 AM
http://www.lrytas.lt/?id=11490661951148736702&view=4

It's in lithuanian, so I don't understand all but this article says that Javtokas will sign with San Antonio and will be replaced by Zukauskas in Rytas.
Financial terms are unknown for the moment.

Can somebody with a better knowledge of lithuanian language confirm this great news, please ?

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2006, 04:41 AM
javtokas signin for anything lesser than 2mill is a fuckn steal compared to orbs who cant jump even 1mm of the ground for a reb

timvp
05-31-2006, 04:45 AM
It's pretty early in the summer for anything like this to be close to official. I'm guessing that RJ's team is getting ready for Javtokas' expected departure. I doubt the Spurs are guaranteeing him anything as of now ... unless he just wants like a standard training camp invite.

Bruno
05-31-2006, 05:04 AM
It's pretty early in the summer for anything like this to be close to official. I'm guessing that RJ's team is getting ready for Javtokas' expected departure. I doubt the Spurs are guaranteeing him anything as of now ... unless he just wants like a standard training camp invite.

It's the start of the signing season in europe : Spurs must decide now if they want to sign their euros. Garbajosa has already reach an agreement with Toronto and there still are a lot of moves in Europe.
BTW, Mahinmi with likely sign with l'ASVEL (Lyon) and the funny thing is that he will play against Spurs in October.

Kori Ellis
05-31-2006, 05:17 AM
I never understood exactly how this part works. Are NBA teams supposedly allowed to discuss contracts right now with the foreign players whose rights they have? Or do they have to officially wait until July 1st like with the rest of free agents?

Kori Ellis
05-31-2006, 05:18 AM
BTW, Mahinmi with likely sign with l'ASVEL (Lyon) and the funny thing is that he will play against Spurs in October.

That's funny.

Bruno
05-31-2006, 05:29 AM
I never understood exactly how this part works. Are NBA teams supposedly allowed to discuss contracts right now with the foreign players whose rights they have? Or do they have to officially wait until July 1st like with the rest of free agents?

I don't think they have to wait and you can discuss with all players not playing in nba at any time.
The reason why you have to wait with nba players is that they are under contract with another nba team until July 1st.

exstatic
05-31-2006, 06:24 AM
I don't think they can talk hard numbers, since there is no cap figure, and everything drives off of that, but if we own their rights, I would think that we could talk ballpark figures.

SsKSpurs21
05-31-2006, 06:49 AM
man ive been searching everywhere for a lithuanian to english translator...no such luck. id like to see him and scola in some summer league action before they make any major decisions to sign them.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 08:00 AM
It's the start of the signing season in europe : Spurs must decide now if they want to sign their euros. Garbajosa has already reach an agreement with Toronto and there still are a lot of moves in Europe.
Bruno will l'ASVEL be one of the teams that qualifies to play in the Euroleague next year?

Vashner
05-31-2006, 08:02 AM
This guy is a center?

Doc Jerome
05-31-2006, 08:08 AM
That's great news. I still think that Mahinmi should and will get an invite to Spurs training camp. I just hope that signing with I'ASVEL (Lyon) won't interfere, or proove to be another Scola situation.

Texas_Ranger
05-31-2006, 08:42 AM
That's great news.

agree

Bruno
05-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Bruno will l'ASVEL be one of the teams that qualifies to play in the Euroleague next year?

No, l'ASVEL won't play the euroleague.
L'ASVEL will likely play the Uleb Cup (the second best european competetion in europe).

To sum up Mahinmi's situation :

He will sign with a french team but he won't sign with Pau-Orthez.

It's the french semifinal, four teams are qualified (Strastbourg, le Mans, Nancy and Pau-Orthez).

If Le Mans win the championship, L'ASVEL won't be qualified for the Uleb Cup and Mahinmi will likely sign with Strasbourg, Le Mans and Nancy. Le Mans will play the euroleague, Strasbourg and Nancy will play the Uleb Cup.

If Strasbourg, Nancy or Pau-Orthez win the championship, L'ASVEL will play the Uleb Cup and Mahinmi will likely sign with L'ASVEL.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm assuming then that Pau has interior players that would keep Mahinmi from seeing much playing time. I wonder if Mahinmi is still progressing at the rate the Spurs had hoped.

Bruno
05-31-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm assuming then that Pau has interior players that would keep Mahinmi from seeing much playing time. I wonder if Mahinmi is still progressing at the rate the Spurs had hoped.

The reason given by Pau-Orthez president for not signing Mahinmi was "he is more focus on his persornal development than on the team development".
That can mean more things :
- Ian wanted guaranteed playtime and Pau-Orthez can't guarantee it.
- Ian wanted to play some PF and Pau-Orthez wanted to play him only at C.
- Ian wanted to sign a one year contract while Pau-Orthez wanted a 2 years contract.

Solid D
05-31-2006, 09:47 AM
This guy is a center?

Yes. Most def. He has been used primarily as a screener, rebounder and interior defender. He's a better than avg. shot-blocker in Europe but how that translates to the NBA game is unclear. He's not flashy and not the great leaper he used to be. He's just a strong, solid post player. My opinions are based on having watched him play in the Olympics last summer and several games telecast on NBAtv over the past few years.

ducks
05-31-2006, 10:02 AM
- Ian wanted to sign a one year contract while Pau-Orthez wanted a 2 years contract.

he must think he would be ready next year to join the spurs!

timvp
05-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Is Mahinmi going to be signing his contract soon or will they wait until after summer league? If he tears up summer league, perhaps the Spurs would want him this season.

Bruno
05-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Is Mahinmi going to be signing his contract soon or will they wait until after summer league? If he tears up summer league, perhaps the Spurs would want him this season.

I don't know but I think he will sign before the summer league because french teams have still started to sign players : french players are usualy signed before american players because of a quota rules.
We will know if l'ASVEL play the ULEB cup between june 6th and june 16th and I think Ian will sign just after that.

whottt
05-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Yes. Most def. He has been used primarily as a screener, rebounder and interior defender. He's a better than avg. shot-blocker in Europe but how that translates to the NBA game is unclear. He's not flashy and not the great leaper he used to be. He's just a strong, solid post player. My opinions are based on having watched him play in the Olympics last summer and several games telecast on NBAtv over the past few years.

He's still a great leaper...I've seen it(and you can to if you click on some of the vid links), and I've seen it noted by Euro analysts during games, recent games.

He's not more highly regarded for the same reasons he wasn't originally highly regarded...he doesn't have much of an offensive game and he has a tendency to pick up a lot of fouls.

Kori Ellis
05-31-2006, 05:52 PM
So does anyone here know Lithuanian that can translate that article accurately?

I know someone here must know it.

Bruno
05-31-2006, 06:07 PM
So does anyone here know Lithuanian that can translate that article accurately?

I know someone here must know it.

I've found a french-lithuanian dictionary and i start the translation.

Sutarties su NBA San Antonijaus „Spurs“ klubu detales baigiantį derinti Robertą Javtoką Vilniaus „Lietuvos ryto“ komandoje gali pakeisti Eurelijus Žukauskas.

An agreement (Details aren't defined for the moment) between Spurs and Javtokas has lead to Zukauskas signing.

I will translate too the last paragraph who should be about Javtokas too.

ace3g
05-31-2006, 06:14 PM
"An agreement (Details aren't defined for the moment) between Spurs and Javtokas has lead to Zukauskas signing." that is really good news, I am excited about this guy wearing the silver and black next season

Gino2882
05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Is this report legitimate or do we wait until an announcement from the Spurs?

Javtokas immediately passes Oberto and makes Nazr a less likely sign...2 good things IMO.

Ariel
05-31-2006, 06:20 PM
I've asked for a first-hand translation on a board where there are several Lithuanians, but it might take a while.

ace3g
05-31-2006, 06:20 PM
I would rather the spurs get rid of Nazr than Rasho

Duncan,Javtokas,Rasho,Oberto,maybe Scola, and horry for a front line: looks good

Bruno
05-31-2006, 06:27 PM
„Lietuvos ryto“ ekipoje E.Žukauskui numatyta Roberto Javtoko vieta. 26 metų 211 cm ūgio vidurio puolėjas rudenį tikriausiai užsivilks NBA San Antonijaus „Spurs“ ekipos marškinėlius. Pasak V.Buloto, „Spurs“ vadovai nori matyti R.Javtoką San Antonijuje. Šiuo metu derinamos finansinės sutarties detalės.

Rytas has signed Zuakauskas because Javtokas (26 years old, 6'11") will play with Spurs for the start od the season in autumn. According to V.Buloto (Rytas president ?), Spurs front office wanted to have Javtokas with Spurs. Financial agreement will be reached later.

timvp
05-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Rytas has signed Zuakauskas because Javtokas (26 years old, 6'11") will play with Spurs for the start od the season in autumn. According to V.Buloto (Rytas president ?), Spurs front office wanted to have Javtokas with Spurs. Financial agreement will be reached later.

Yeah that seems far from completed.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 06:30 PM
I'd guess that reduces the probability of Spurs signing Scola.

T Park
05-31-2006, 06:31 PM
well if they have replaced him on the team, and Javtokas wants to go to SA, and the Spurs want him, don't see why it won't happen.

T Park
05-31-2006, 06:32 PM
I'd guess that reduces the probability of Spurs signing Scola

Don't see why.

The Spurs have the LLE.

Use that on RJ.

ace3g
05-31-2006, 06:33 PM
I'd guess that reduces the probability of Spurs signing Scola.

we will see what we get from Nazr, because he most likely wont be here next season, we wont have to sign Javtokas for much his first season, there is still a good chance scola will be here

picnroll
05-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Because Spurs have other pressing needs to address, backup PG, long three. Unless they use trades to address those they need their MLE. I just figure that with the resources they have they can only bring one of Javtokas or Scola short of dumping contracts like Barry and maybe even more.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 06:36 PM
we will see what we get from Nazr, because he most likely wont be here next season, we wont have to sign Javtokas for much his first season, there is still a good chance scola will be here
Holt's not going to take on equivalent salary to Nazr plus MLE money.

Bruno
05-31-2006, 06:37 PM
another article : http://www.basketnews.lt/news-5200.html?PHPSESSID=814ddebc15f4a639d85f55e13d9b9b 13

„Yra abipusis noras, todėl sutartis turėtų būti pasirašyta", - sakė krepšinio agentas.

"Both Spurs and Javtokas wished to see Javtokas with a Spurs jersey, that's why a contract will be signed" has said Javtokas' agent.

ace3g
05-31-2006, 06:40 PM
the spurs "might" look at the barry for JR Smith trade again we will also have to wait to see how Skandinize plays in the Summer Leagues. Other people have been mentioning Marcus Banks for the Backup PG postion? but all of these are rumors we will just have to wait and see what the spurs will do this offseason

Bruno
05-31-2006, 06:41 PM
My translation was made with a dictionary, I don't know lithuanian at all.
I think that I haven't make msitake on the meaning of the sentences but things like tense could be wrong.

T Park
05-31-2006, 06:47 PM
no thanks on Marcus banks for back up point.

Ariel
05-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Here's what a Lithuanian poster on another board said (http://forums.interbasket.net/showpost.php?p=2509&postcount=7):

Whole article is about R.Javtokas' possible replacement in LRytas - E.Zukauskas. and only last chapter says that in R.Javtokas and Spurs contract left to finish financial details.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 07:26 PM
I still say we should sign Ian and bring him over this year. Let him practice against TD every day to learn, and send him up I35 to Austin to play for the Toros every night.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 07:28 PM
no thanks on Marcus banks for back up point.

Yeah, 12 points, 5 assists, and 1 steal per game on 48% shooting, 80% FT shooting is much worse than what we'd get out of Beno or Van Exel :rolleyes

ducks
05-31-2006, 07:31 PM
marcus is going to want 4 million or so
I also heard he wants a 5 year deal with 25 or so million

seems a BIT OUT OF THE SPURS PRICE RANGE FOR A BACKUP

exstatic
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, 12 points, 5 assists, and 1 steal per game on 48% shooting, 80% FT shooting is much worse than what we'd get out of Beno or Van Exel :rolleyes
He won't be seeing 30 minutes in SA. Project Beno to those minutes and you have 15/5.1.

ducks
05-31-2006, 07:40 PM
actually banks is looking for a 4 year $17 mil to a 5 year $29 million deal

NOT IN SA

Bruno
05-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Here's what a Lithuanian poster on another board said (http://forums.interbasket.net/showpost.php?p=2509&postcount=7):

Thanks, I was quite close in fact.
The next step is to translate ducks and it will be way more difficult than lithuanian.

T Park
05-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Hahahah....

BgT
05-31-2006, 07:57 PM

he must think he would be ready next year to join the spurs!
:lmao :lmao
Maybe you didn't mean that serious, so it's not headed towards you.
All this hype about Javtokas and Mahinmi is really funny. What kind of players do we have at the team? How do you like Rasho? You don't? Javtokas will be better? Well, Rasho came to NBA as European club champion. He was actually playing for the best team in Europe when he was... hm... when he was as old as MAhinmi is now. Manu? Manu was MVP of the Euroleague. What is Mahinmi (born in 1986) right now? A very athletic guy with lousy technique. This is reality. What is he going to be next season? A very athletic guy with lousy technique. And in 2008/09? A very athletic, (little bit) stronger guy with lousy technique.

I've seen some posters here, who ask questions like: "Why are these players so skinny?" That's because european youngsters work on technique a lot. Psychical preparation is not THAT important. And if someone in Europe has lousy technique at age of 20, he is wasted. When it comes to technique, of course, he COULD be earning money with pure athleticism. While this might work for some of the clubs in Europe, I don't think this is what Spurs want.

Spurs drafted Mahinmi, knowing it's a lottery. Most probably, he will never be ready to play for Spurs. The FO knows that, don't think they don't know it. But there is that tiny, very tiny, possibility that Mahinmi will be a success story, with his athleticism he could be good for Spurs.

Bottom line: Mahinmi has probability 0.95 to never play in NBA and Spurs knew it the day they drafted him. Why they drafted this guy? Because of those remaining 0.05. They had low draft pick and they've chosen the risky option. I think they made a correct decision.

T Park
05-31-2006, 08:19 PM
:lol

seems we have found our first Mahinmi hater.

ducks
05-31-2006, 08:21 PM
dude you do relax that manu was a 58 round draft pick right?

ducks
05-31-2006, 08:25 PM
BgT have you seen him play?

Gino2882
05-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Have you seen enough if Mahinmi to say he has bad technique?

One who watches Manu could also say he has bad technique.

Ariel
05-31-2006, 08:35 PM
huh?

unorthodox <> bad technique

exstatic
05-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Spurs drafted Mahinmi, knowing it's a lottery. Most probably, he will never be ready to play for Spurs. The FO knows that, don't think they don't know it. But there is that tiny, very tiny, possibility that Mahinmi will be a success story, with his athleticism he could be good for Spurs.

Bottom line: Mahinmi has probability 0.95 to never play in NBA and Spurs knew it the day they drafted him. Why they drafted this guy? Because of those remaining 0.05. They had low draft pick and they've chosen the risky option. I think they made a correct decision.

That may be true for second rounders, but Ian can come over ANY time and get his 3 year guaranteed contract, as a first round pick. Do you think the Spurs would take a total flyer on a player who had a .05 chance of playing, knowing the cap ramifications? They never have before, dumping first round picks in any year they see no prospects. As for the difference between Rasho and Javtokas or Mahinmi, it all comes down to this: both of them can jump over a phone book. When your centers were Rasho and Nazr, the standard just isn't that high, and the price will be right.

Javtokas is just going to be a banger and defender. His improvement will be his hands and his ability to dunk drop off passes and o-rebounds. Mahinmi could be something special, though. The last time SA drafted someone that young, that raw, and that French with their first rounder...well, he's an All Star now. He's the anti-euro: loaded with major hops and athleticism. The French leagues are rapidly becoming a direct pipeline to the NBA, with Parker, Diaw, Mikael Pietrus in GS, Johan Petro in Seattle and Mahinmi all being drafted in the first round in the past few years, and all who have come to the league having some degree of success.

T Park
05-31-2006, 08:39 PM
People said Petro wasn't that good, and to me, near the end of the year, he started showing off how good he will be.

If Sam Presti said draft Mahinmi? I trust him.

Hes never been wrong yet.

Despot
05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
As far as i'm concerned, Spurs fans have a right to be excited about our prospects given our teams history in the draft.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 08:44 PM
If Sam Presti said draft Mahinmi? I trust him.

Hes never been wrong yet.
Nice to see T Park showing Beno some love. :lol

T Park
05-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Presti picked out Beno?

Fire him.

No seriously.

If Beno would get back to his original weight, and grow a pair in the offseason, he would be my favorite to take back the back up point duties next year.

BgT
05-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Have you seen enough if Mahinmi to say he has bad technique?

seems we have found our first Mahinmi hater.
If I'm Mahinmi hater, you are Spurs minus Duncan hater. :lol

I'm just being realistic.

Javtokas... well, ok, he could be useful, yes.

BgT
05-31-2006, 09:12 PM
BgT have you seen him play?
Mahinmi? The white 6-0 SF from France? Of course!!

exstatic
05-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Mahinmi? The white 6-0 SF from France? Of course!!
He's black, 6'10" and a PF/C.

BgT
05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
He's black, 6'10" and a PF/C.
But he IS from France, right? I didn't know there are black people in Asia. :depressed

strangeweather
05-31-2006, 10:18 PM
That's because european youngsters work on technique a lot. Psychical preparation is not THAT important.
Actually it would be pretty sweet! "I sense that you're about to go right, then dish to the cutter...." We should so try that! :spin

T Park
05-31-2006, 10:26 PM
But he IS from France, right? I didn't know there are black people in Asia.

troll alert....

SequSpur
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
We have enough Immigration Sponsorships already. Fuck this shit, we need some American Athletic Ballers.

Foreigners are notorious for being pussies in the paint and when it comes to dealing with injuries.

Time to move on.

T Park
05-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Like who?

T Park
05-31-2006, 10:38 PM
Foreigners are notorious for being pussies in the paint and when it comes to dealing with injuries.

Yeah that Tony Parker dealt with his injuries like a total wuss......

Leetonidas
05-31-2006, 10:39 PM
But he IS from France, right? I didn't know there are black people in Asia. :depressed

:wtf

ducks
05-31-2006, 10:41 PM
I could care less what his color is or where he is from as long as he can ball and prove bgt wrong!

loveforthegame
06-01-2006, 01:44 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA060106.en.BKNspurs.javtokas.40f82157.html

Spurs draft pick Javtokas likely to leave old team

Web Posted: 06/01/2006 12:00 AM CDT
Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

The Lithuanian team for which 2001 Spurs second-round draft pick Robertas Javtokas has played for the past five seasons is so convinced Javtokas will be in the Spurs’ training camp this fall it has signed a player to replace him.

A report on Eurobasket.com indicated that recent player signings by the Lithuanian professional league team Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius, for which Javtokas, a 6-foot-11, 240-pound center, has played since 2001, were motivated in part by the belief Javtokas will not return to the club so he can pursue a spot on the Spurs roster. The report cited Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius general manager J. Vainauskas saying his club “doesn’t have much hope on keeping R. Javtokas . . .“

Because Javtokas’ contract with his Lithuanian team has expired, the Spurs would not have to pay a buy-out fee to Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius before signing him.

Javtokas, a member of the Lithuanian national team since 2000, suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident on May 1, 2002, and did not play basketball for more than a year. Since returning to the court, he has been a consistent physical force for Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius and the Lithuanian national team. Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius won the 2005 Lithuanian League title and moved up to Euroleague competition in 2006.

With center Nazr Mohammed an unrestricted free agent this summer, the Spurs must make some decisions about the big men they will bring to training camp in October. French teen-ager Ian Mahinmi, the 6-foot-10 center-forward they selected with the 28th pick in the first round of the 2005 draft, is expected to join their summer league team in Utah in July.

jbspurs
06-01-2006, 02:02 AM
But he IS from France, right? I didn't know there are black people in Asia

And Japan is in Europe!!! :lol :blah :spin

Ariel
06-01-2006, 04:22 AM
BgT have you seen him play?Mahinmi? The white 6-0 SF from France? Of course!!

He's black, 6'10" and a PF/C.But he IS from France, right? I didn't know there are black people in Asia. :depressed
Apparently sarcasm is a lost art, BgT. Next time, try this:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4203/sarcasmalarm0jr.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Slo spurs fan
06-01-2006, 04:50 AM
Apparently sarcasm is a lost art, BgT. Next time, try this:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4203/sarcasmalarm0jr.gif (http://imageshack.us)
And we have a WINNER!!!! :elephant

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2006, 07:26 AM
sumone just got pwned

ducks
06-01-2006, 08:02 AM
http://www.chinaspurs.com/bbs/upload/forum14_f_114_2_1093632969.jpg

http://www.basketground.com/public/images/pagine/6390/JAVTOKAS4006001136415326379.jpg

http://www.basketground.com/public/images/pagine/6390/BLAIR4006001136415372855.jpg

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/2518/javtokas19ba.jpg

http://img309.imageshack.us/img309/3065/javtokas29yn.jpg

odom left in the background

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Because Javtokas’ contract with his Lithuanian team has expired, the Spurs would not have to pay a buy-out fee to Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius before signing him.

Ding ding ding...

SPARKY
06-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Javtokas replaces Mohammed. So you have TD/Nesterovic/Horry/Oberto/Javtokas. That's likely the bigman rotation heading into next season.

ducks
06-01-2006, 08:17 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/fotos/noticias/jornada1/med_1818_20.jpg
http://www.elta.lt/Easy/EasyAdmin/sys/photos/use/Robertas_Javtokas_of_Lithuania_copy_1.jpg

http://www.euroleague.net/fotos/noticias/jornada1/med_1770_19.jpg

picnroll
06-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Going back and checking the boxscore when USA played Lithuania for the bronze Javtokas had 9 points on 4-6 and 1-5 form the line, grabbed 6 rebounds had an assist, no TOs and got a couple of blocks. Played 29 minutes and fouled out. If he could settle in and give that kind of production for the Spurs, maybe a couple more rebounds, he'd more than replace Nazr.

boutons_
06-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Does Javtokas takes precedence over LJ's scrotum hound?

Mutually exclusive or can Spurs get them both?

austinfan
06-01-2006, 10:00 AM
How do you pronounce Javtokas' name? And does anyone know if the World Championships are going to be televised decently in the U.S., i.e. more than just the Final. Because obviously I want to watch the US, France, Argentina and Slovenia play, but I also want to check out Lithuania too, now.

picnroll
06-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Does Javtokas takes precedence over LJ's scrotum hound?

Mutually exclusive or can Spurs get them both?
Doubt there's room for the nutty buddy.

travis2
06-01-2006, 10:10 AM
How do you pronounce Javtokas' name? And does anyone know if the World Championships are going to be televised decently in the U.S., i.e. more than just the Final. Because obviously I want to watch the US, France, Argentina and Slovenia play, but I also want to check out Lithuania too, now.

I'd want to see it written in the native alphabet...but it's probably yahv-tohk-ash...

strangeweather
06-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Javtokas replaces Mohammed. So you have TD/Nesterovic/Horry/Oberto/Javtokas. That's likely the bigman rotation heading into next season.
Jesus, I hope not. I'd like to have one real PF on the roster besides Tim.

Taking it to the Hole
06-01-2006, 11:09 AM
If Scola comes over and we get rid of Rasho, then we will have another true PF behind Tim. I don't think we need to keep either, Rasho or Nazr. The center spot has in our past been a integral part of our team, and Rasho and Nazr proved all season long that they are not comfortable with not knowing their roles. I didn't like how Pop had to continuosly change who would play center on a game to game basis. For once, we need to find our legit center so that we can stabilize the roatation and people's roles.

leemajors
06-01-2006, 11:21 AM
If Scola comes over and we get rid of Rasho, then we will have another true PF behind Tim. I don't think we need to keep either, Rasho or Nazr. The center spot has in our past been a integral part of our team, and Rasho and Nazr proved all season long that they are not comfortable with not knowing their roles. I didn't like how Pop had to continuosly change who would play center on a game to game basis. For once, we need to find our legit center so that we can stabilize the roatation and people's roles.

rasho is a legit center. problem is, few teams in the NBA have legit centers anymore. he's great against teams that do, like houston and miami, but outside of them there are few true centers in the league. as timvp said, evolve or die.

Bruno
06-01-2006, 12:09 PM
rasho is a legit center. problem is, few teams in the NBA have legit centers anymore. he's great against teams that do, like houston and miami, but outside of them there are few true centers in the league. as timvp said, evolve or die.

I kinda disagree with that.
Most of nba teams plays with a real center.
A reason why he sucks against some teams is that he had to defend the opposite PF because Duncan defend the Center.
Rasho in a eastern conference team (you have more big centers in the eastern conference) with a real PF(who defend the opposite PF) and a SF who is a better rebounder than Bowen (Rasho isn't a good rebounder) can be a quite good starting center.
Rasho can be usefull in a team like Toronto or Chicago.

picnroll
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Rasho sucks because he's timid, unaggresive, lacks confidence. Spurs brought him in form Minnessota and Pop thought he could breathe some fire into him. He couldn't.

Gino2882
06-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Rasho really isnt a big problem. However, like has been mentioned his position is evolving. He is built to guard guys like Shaq and Yao, and is VERY valuable against these guys.

Javtokas/Rasho would make a nice center rotation IMO.

Borosai
06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Mr. Timmy Duncan will be our starting center.

My pants have spoken once again.

Solid D
06-01-2006, 04:50 PM

On TV broadcasts, they say "Yav' - t'kiss" (almost like Spartacus the way it flows...Yav-tacus).

timvp
06-01-2006, 06:37 PM
On TV broadcasts, they say "Yav' - t'kiss" (almost like Spartacus the way it flows...Yav-tacus).

:tu

On TV, I hear them saying his name like it rhymes with octopus. Something like yoctopus.

:smokin

ChumpDumper
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I heard it pronounced more like razzmatazz.

ducks
06-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I call him big jake (he needs a nickname)

timvp
06-01-2006, 06:43 PM

No Shot Rob.

:smokin

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 06:44 PM
The Shark

Skark boy

Aquaman

Flipper

strangeweather
06-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Crash

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 06:52 PM
The Punisher

Can anyone figure out why?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Next Year's Lineup: PG Tony Parker/Beno Udrih/Sasha Vujacic
SG Manu Ginobili/Michael Finley/Sasha Vujacic
SF Bruce Bowen/Robert Horry/Melvin Sanders
PF Robertas Javtokas/Luis Scola/Robert Horry
C Tim Duncan/Chris Mihm/Fabricio Oberto
Trade Rasho and Brent and maybe Oberto to Lakers for Sasha Vujacic and Chris Mihm.

Bruno
06-01-2006, 07:02 PM

His nickname is Robis in Lithuania.
I like "The Shark".

strangeweather
06-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Trade Rasho and Brent and maybe Oberto to Lakers for Sasha Vujacic and Chris Mihm.
That doesn't remotely work under the cap.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I heard it pronounced more like razzmatazz.

I hear it like YAV-ta-cuss

Solid D
06-01-2006, 08:26 PM

I hear it like YAV-ta-cuss

I said (Yav t') kiss, you said cuss. What does that tell you about our minds? :lol

T Park
06-01-2006, 08:38 PM
lol

every summer it seems we get a lesson in how to pronounce someone's name.

Ginobili's name thread lasted like 500 pages i think.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 09:44 PM

I said (Yav t') kiss, you said cuss. What does that tell you about our minds? :lol

That you want to kiss Javtokas and I don't??

:angel

SpursWoman
06-01-2006, 09:46 PM
D'oh! :lmao

Solid D
06-01-2006, 10:11 PM
That you want to kiss Javtokas and I don't??

:angel

:lol I feel like I'm in the Middle School Forum, now.

SpursWoman
06-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Solid & Robertas sitting in a tree...K-I-S......etc., etc. :lol :makeout

Bruno
06-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Almost done (acording to today Lithuanian newspaper) :elephant

http://www.lrytas.lt/?id=11495010371148944642&view=4

The center (Javtokas) finalizes detail of his contract with Spurs and will sign with them after July 12th when nba teams will be allowed to sign players for next season. Javtokas will be in autumn the ninth Lithuanian player to wear a nba jersey.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Almost done (acording to today Lithuanian newspaper) :elephant

http://www.lrytas.lt/?id=11495010371148944642&view=4

The center (Javtokas) finalizes detail of his contract with Spurs and will sign with them after July 12th when nba teams will be allowed to sign players for next season. Javtokas will be in automn the ninth Lithuanian player to wear a nba jersey.

word?

Bruno
06-05-2006, 07:29 AM
word?

edited ;)

SPARKY
06-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Not that it's a shocker but Mohammed's gone. The party line, of course, is that the Spurs would like him back but will see what interest there is in him in free agency.

Hopefully Javtokas can make the jump.

whottt
06-05-2006, 08:31 AM
From what I have seen...Javtokas is going to be a nice addition to this team and he's also going to surprise a lot of people with his effectiveness.

He's got athleticism, toughness, size, work ethic, can defend, rebound, dunk and block shots.

He's going to be a nice fit on this team...better than Nazr and Rasho IMO. He's pretty much got the exact skill set and game that the Spurs have been looking for from the C position, a more complete version of that skill set and game than either Rasho or Nazr by themselves.

The key for him is going to be handling fouls and limiting bonehead plays in the more inside oriented NBA game...and also if those surgically repaired legs can hold up in an 82 game schedule.

Mr. Body
06-05-2006, 08:59 AM
He's going to be a nice fit on this team...better than Nazr and Rasho IMO. He's pretty much got the exact skill set and game that the Spurs have been looking for from the C position, a more complete version of that skill set and game than either Rasho or Nazr by themselves.

The one thing he's missing is a reliable outside shot, reliable or otherwise. He's not Nenad Krstic in that department. But everything else you say is spot on. He's athletic, he's pretty strong, he's demonstrated by coming back from his injury that he's hard working. And above Rasho, he'll sure as hell try to dunk everything within his power to dunk. That alone is worth the price.

ploto
06-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks Bruno.

Solid D
06-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Nice update Bruno!

To be sure, we'll never see Robertas take the ball to the rim and softly drop it in so as not to cause a stir.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I'll withhold comment until I hear from the Israeli press.

timvp
06-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I'll withhold comment until I hear from the Israeli press.

:lol :tu

The way Presti was hyping him last night, it sounds like a done deal.

If the Spurs are going to try to play with the Twin Tower attack next season, I could see Javtokas starting. However, it'd probably be smarter to go out and get a real power forward to put next to Duncan.

T Park
06-05-2006, 06:57 PM
get a real power forward

what is Javtokas then?

a real nothing?

I don't see the power forwards available that help immediately.

MAYBE, an Evans, or an PJ Brown. Other than that, the cupboard is bare.

ploto
06-05-2006, 06:58 PM
The way Presti was hyping him last night, it sounds like a done deal.

See what happens when you and I agree. ;)

timvp
06-05-2006, 07:00 PM
what is Javtokas then?

A hopeful center.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 07:00 PM
The center (Javtokas) finalizes detail of his contract with Spurs and will sign with them after July 12th when nba teams will be allowed to sign players for next season. Javtokas will be in automn the ninth Lithuanian player to wear a nba jersey.

Bruno is that the actually tense of the word that means finalize? So does it mean "is finalizing"?

Rummpd
06-05-2006, 07:01 PM
I watched him play on a public health trip to Lithuania = GREAT NEWS = tough and smart player who just needs some NBA seasoning.

whottt
06-05-2006, 07:17 PM
The one thing he's missing is a reliable outside shot, reliable or otherwise. He's not Nenad Krstic in that department. But everything else you say is spot on. He's athletic, he's pretty strong, he's demonstrated by coming back from his injury that he's hard working. And above Rasho, he'll sure as hell try to dunk everything within his power to dunk. That alone is worth the price.

Spurs aren't really looking for a reliable outside shot from their C's...or at least that hasn't been the top priority in the past. That hasn't traditionally been the sought after skill for any C in the past. IF it was...Rasho would be on the court more, he's got a nice 15 footer.

Shaq doesn't have one either.

This guy has everything the Spurs have been wanting from their C's...and his offensive game is very much in the mold of the traditional non-superstar C.

From everything I have seen, Javtokas is a pretty atypical Euro C.

The question is not whether or not he has the right kind of game, or the skill set the Spurs are seeking from their C, he does, the question is how well he is going to translate to the NBA...and can those shattered legs hold up.

As RC Buford said at the Olympics in 04...if not for that motocycle accident, Javtokas would have already been on the Spurs a long time ago.

This could turn out well...we might have traded a little bit of athleticism for maturity, gratuity and perspective...and proven determination. Could be a good trade off...and it's obvious the guy has plenty of ahtleticism still.

I think we're going to like Javtokas when all is said and done. If only those legs can hold up...

timvp
06-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Spurs aren't really looking for a reliable outside shot from their C's...or at least that hasn't been the top priority in the past. That hasn't traditionally been the sought after skill for any C in the past.

Oh so you whine that Reggie Evans can't shoot but you are fine with putting Javtokas next to Tim? Duncan is the true center of the team. Javtokas not being able to shoot should factor in just the same as Evans not being able to shoot.

Double standard.

Bruno
06-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Bruno is that the actually tense of the word that means finalize? So does it mean "is finalizing"?

I haven't a great level of precision in the translation (I translate each word one by one with a lithuanian/french dictionary and then I try to rebuild sentencesin french and then I translate them in english :spin ). I can't translate tenses because I don't know how tenses works in lithuanian.

For this sentence :
Vidurio puolėjas = center
baigia = I haven't an exact translation for this world but it's linked with the end/finalizing
suderinti = arrange
kontrakto = contract
su = avec
San Antonijaus „Spurs“ = :)
detales = details

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh so you whine that Reggie Evans can't shoot but you are fine with putting Javtokas next to Tim? Duncan is the true center of the team. Javtokas not being able to shoot should factor in just the same as Evans not being able to shoot.

Double standard.Well I think outside shooting has been a factor inasmuch as a shot from the key is outside. Spacing is paramount in our offense and is one of the reasons Pop wavered between Rasho and Nazr - of course defense was even more of a factor, but spaceing wasn't too far behind.

Pop did live for a time with some spacing issues when Nazr was out there as long as he was doing other things well. I imagine he'll tolerate the same from Javtokas if his boarding and D is up to snuff. When I saw Rytas play, their defense looked fairly similar to that of the Spurs (maybe slightly less helping), so maybe RJ's learning curve won't be too steep.

RJ also has the potential for blocking a few shots, something I can't really say for Evans. So LJ is right, RJ alongside Duncan would continue the twin towers -- and that might be the more likely route Pop will take given what's available.

whottt
06-05-2006, 07:34 PM

Double standard.

Crack much? This reminds me of when you correctly called the waiving of Ron Mercer and kept patting yourself(and Pop) on the back as we proceeded to not win a title due to shitty, choking, and scared shooting...Well done. Too bad they don't give a trophy for keeping the chokers. But go ahead and keep claiming bode...

I don't view Javtokas as an alternative to Evans...they fill different needs. Is that a simple enough answer for you?

Just in case it isn't...I'll go further and give you a chance to get your early hate-on going for Javtokas. Javtokas is a much better offensive player than Reggie Evans...he's a better defender and shotblocker as well.

And Duncan still likes calling himself a PF on offense, or didn't you see Horry being announced as the starting C because Duncan wasn't ready to give up that title? It's not about D. He's always been a C on D...the Spurs have had two of them on D.

Additionally...while Javtokas does not have a decent outside shot...Duncan still does, and putting him out there opens up a hell of a lot for everyone else on the team.

How many bigs with an outside shot do we need? Only one on the court at a time.

I'd be with you on the Evans thing if only you were right about one aspect of Evans game...that he was any kind of a defensive player outside of his rebounding...he isn't. And he's a bonehead on top of it.

I think there are better alternatives than Evans for the small big you seek...I want it to be a SF that plays in the PF slot for our small ball linep...just like Dirk, Diaw and Marion are.

Ariza, my first choice for that role, also doesn't have an outside shot...so no double standard slick. I just think you've convinced yourself Evans is a lot more than he actually is...he's not a good defensive player, and his offensive game is nil.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Did LJ ever say that Evans was a good defender? I doubt it.

Anyway, Javtokas is cheaper than Evans, so I'll take it.

Neither one of them are that athletic forward that I think the Spurs need but they will fill the role of a decent bigman.

whottt
06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Did LJ ever say that Evans was a good defender? I doubt it..

TimVP has drawn parallels between about to be 26 Evans and about to be 26 Wallace...thinking we can strike some Ben Wallace lightning with Evans.

There's just one problem...Wallace was a good defensive player, and was a shotblocker and ball thief, prior to turning 26...he was just incredibly bad on offense. Evans is every bit as bad offensively and he can't block shots, steal the ball, or defend just about every position on the court as Wallace could. Plus, he's a bonehead..and the worst part of Evans D is his perimeter D.

TimVP wants to gamble and get lucky...I don't think that's necessary. It's not like we have to get a SuperStar. The skill set we need is available.

And Reggie Evans is never going to be anything close to Ben Wallace on D.

I am not going to be outraged if we get Evans...he's just not going to be the solution that TimVP thinks he will be and I think there are others that can be, that we have an opportunity to get. Javtokas is going to be more of a solution for a traditional C than Evans is going to be for a small ball big.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I don't think that he compared them thinking that Evans will be a Ben Wallace type defender. He just used Wallace as the example because he didn't come into his own until late. He does not think at all that Evans will become BWallace. Just that Evans' rebounding will outweigh his deficiencies and that he could be a decent enough defender in the Spurs system. I agree with that. But I wouldn't pay him more thane $2M/year to find out.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Anyway, I would like Evans/Javtokas/athletic foward combo over Nazr/Rasho/Marks.

whottt
06-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Ariza's a better option and still a possibility to sign...In spite of TimVP's selective CnP'ing...the Magic have said they won't give up cap space to resign Ariza. What makes that a beautiful statement? They have no capspace...this year, or next.

Ariza is obviously the choice here for his penetrating, and perimeter d ...yet sadly, I'm a better Dominican than TimVP ;). Have a better knuckle ball too :smokin

picnroll
06-05-2006, 08:00 PM
For three years the Spurs have depended on Horry in 4th quarter crunch time. Is Javtokas going to change that? Will he be in at crunch time? Javtokas is a Nazr replacement, hopefully smarter and better on D, but at crunch time the Spurs will be dependent on Horry, hoping he can rejuvenat rathr than decline further unless they can get an upgraded for that crunch time big. Javtokas isn't that crunch time upgade I don't think.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Javtokas isn't that crunch time upgade I don't think.Never touted as such. If you have a list of available championship-clutch three-point shooting power forwards, I'm all ears. Otherwise we have Horry for one more season, a Horry who knows why he wasn't played against Dallas. He'll do what he can to be in it again. Whether its enough remains to be seen.

Solid D
06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Here is a blog from interbasket.net where someone appears to be able to translate

http://forums.interbasket.net/archive/index.php?t-468.html

View Full Version : Is it true? Is Javtokas signing with Spurs on July 12?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jukimol06-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Someone please translate this news in English...

http://www.basketnews.lt/news-5234.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

caaprius06-05-2006, 04:15 PM
well, it says that Javtokas is working on contract details with Spurs and on 12th of july, first day when official signings can be made, they will make it official.

vBulletin v3.5.4, Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

strangeweather
06-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Ariza's a better option and still a possibility to sign...In spite of TimVP's selective CnP'ing...the Magic have said they won't give up cap space to resign Ariza. What makes that a beautiful statement? They have no capspace...this year, or next.
Do they need cap space/an exception to sign him, or do they have some rights to him?

picnroll
06-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Never touted as such. If you have a list of available championship-clutch three-point shooting power forwards, I'm all ears. Otherwise we have Horry for one more season, a Horry who knows why he wasn't played against Dallas. He'll do what he can to be in it again. Whether its enough remains to be seen.
No one of Horry's pedigree but if you're saying Horry took a bit of the year off and didn't come in ready I might be tempted to go with the somewhat maligned Tim Thomas. At least that will gve you two guys, one of whom might be ready to go. Horry was a hero in 2005 but the failures of 2004 and 2006 have many of his fingerprints on them.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
The fact that we have Horry is the reason Thomas didn't sign here.

picnroll
06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
The way I understand we had an excellent chance until Kurt Thomas went out.

whottt
06-05-2006, 09:05 PM
He's a RFA and the Magic want him back but have said said they won't go much over the minimum to re-sign him...and that they won't give up capspace. They are way over the cap this season and will be over it next season as well. He's a project at a non-need position for them...he can be had, for far less than the MLE IMO as some are speculating...possibly in the 2.5 - 3 million range, possibly less. It's also possible that they may be interested in working a trade with us for one of our overseas prospects that isn't ready for the NBA yet(this would be Sanikidze)..

The resistance to many Spurs fans on going after him is due to the lack of success of teams signing the RFA's of other teams historically....but the Magic don't have a whole lot of leverage here...they are seriously over the cap by 25-30 million or so and their primary goal is to clear cap space to lure talent to play with Howard, and not take a lux tax hit for a lottery team...SF is not a need for them. They don't want to have to use their MLE here...

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Do they need cap space/an exception to sign him, or do they have some rights to him?They should have Early Bird rights to him, and with Penny coming off the payroll they should have a decent amount of room under the tax threshold. Still remains to be seen how much they'd want to pay for an SF when they are loaded there. They have alot of options, much will depend on Grant Hill's health and what they do with him.

Solid D
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM
http://www.basketnews.lt/player-1702.html

By the way, this Lithuanian site lists Robertas at 211 cm and 117 kg. Metric conversion is 6'11" (83.0707 inches) and 258 lbs. (257.94 lbs).

whottt
06-05-2006, 09:12 PM
They should have Early Bird rights to him,
This is moot....they don't want to go over the cap here. MLE, E Bird Rights or otherwise. Magic are not looking to spend money this offseason.

If nothing else...Spurs should make him an offer for everything they aren't offering Scola....see what the Magic do.

Buddy Holly
06-05-2006, 09:12 PM
How much very little on Viktor?

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 09:19 PM
This is moot....they don't want to go over the cap here.They're over the cap for next year as it is, and about $12 million under the tax threshold if the numbers stay flat.

There has also been news that Otis isn't crazy about the length of Hedo's deal, so what if he is dealt? What if Hill retires and insurance covers the $16 million he's owed next season?

I'm not against signing Ariza, I just don't think Orlando's failing to match is a slamdunk, even if we offered the LLE or Scola Scraps.

ploto
06-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Javtokas is a Nazr replacement, hopefully smarter and better on D...
I totally agree and have said all along that Robertas is a cheaper, smarter, more athletic replacement for Nazr. He is a guy who will battle with the tough guys inside. But I hope people will be careful with the expectations just like "they" said Fabricio would be the starter this season. I have hopes for Robertas but it will take him some time to adjust. It takes most foreign players 2 years to adjust to the different game, the vastly different schedule of playing more games and having much fewer practices, the travel,...

Solid D
06-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I totally agree and have said all along that Robertas is a cheaper, smarter, more athletic replacement for Nazr. He is a guy who will battle with the tough guys inside. But I hope people will be careful with the expectations just like "they" said Fabricio would be the starter this season. I have hopes for Robertas but it will take him some time to adjust. It takes most foreign players 2 years to adjust to the different game, the vastly different schedule of playing more games and having much fewer practices, the travel,...

True. I agee.

Solid D
06-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I think a lot of us have been watching Robertas' status and storylines because - 1) yes he was one of the two Corey Hightower (Lakers) draft picks the Spurs picked up and 2) the accident and long, heart-rending recovery process that ensued has been fascinating and inspirational.

whottt
06-05-2006, 10:11 PM
They're over the cap for next year as it is, and about $12 million under the tax threshold if the numbers stay flat.

They also won't have a starting 2 guard...non whatsoever...or any back up PFs or Cs, shooting...none of those things. Nor is Ariza the fix for any of those things.

There has also been news that Otis isn't crazy about the length of Hedo's deal, so what if he is dealt? What if Hill retires and insurance covers the $16 million he's owed next season?

Well if he's not crazy about Hedo he's certainly not going to be doling out for his lesser talented and developed back up that has no discernible J...

I could have sworn I already read somewhere that Grant Hill is going to try to come back again...and next year is the last year on his deal. Don't see it being in Grant's best interest to retire next year under any circumstances. And it's always about Grant's best interest, isn't it?

It's not like Hill's ever lost any sleep over royally assfucking the Magic for the past 6 years....I see no reason for him to change now.

I'm not against signing Ariza, I just don't think Orlando's failing to match is a slamdunk, even if we offered the LLE or Scola Scraps.

Orlando has a young core they are going to need to resi, they've got some draft picks they are going to have to pay for, they have no depth at PF and C and 2 guard, no shooting, and after next year...no 2 guard period.

That tax margin isn't that big.

Exactly how much are they willing to pay here?

For what? Why? Why is Ariza someone they are going to give up cap space for?

What is their greatest need?

Other than for Grant Hill to fuck off?

Like I said earlier...how much are they going to pay for 3 SF's, none of which truly fill their need? With the one you claim they are unhappy with doing the best job at a relatively cheap price....

Look...either they are rebuilding or trying to win now...they are over the cap. If they are rebuilding they are trying to get under it...if they are trying to win now, they've got bigger needs than a guy that could barely get on the court for them this season...

Ariza is not that good...he's not worth fucking up their cap reclamation project for, he's not a win now player(for them)...and he's not as good as Hedo.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Look...either they are rebuilding or trying to win now...they are over the cap. If they are rebuilding they are trying to get under it.You'd think if they were trying to get so far under the cap they wouldn't have given Tony Battie (no one's answer to anything) a $25 million extension in March, wouldn't you?

All thet have to do to get way under the cap is wait a year. A couple million (the most anyone would ever spend for Ariza in year two) isn't a deal breaker, especially when Hedo will be the only SF left, if that.

It could go either way at this point, though the Battie extension points more towards coach having the most say in the decision instead of the bean counters.

Knoxville Spur
06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
I thought this might be interesting, I posted it on the other thread also:

Javtokas averaged 21.8 PPG, 14.7 RPG and 4.6 BPG last season per 48 mins.
For comparison, Duncan career 28 PPG, 15.2, 3.0 per 48

Of course the competition is a not quite is good, but it looks like Robertas has the potential to be a very good rebounder and shotblocker in the NBA. I don't see him playing more than 25 mins a game, but he and Duncan could combine to punish teams on the inside during that time.

whottt
06-05-2006, 10:58 PM
You'd think if they were trying to get so far under the cap they wouldn't have given Tony Battie (no one's answer to anything) a $25 million extension in March, wouldn't you?

All thet have to do to get way under the cap is wait a year. A couple million (the most anyone would ever spend for Ariza in year two) isn't a deal breaker, especially when Hedo will be the only SF left, if that.

It could go either way at this point, though the Battie extension points more towards coach having the most say in the decision instead of the bean counters.

Who's the 2 guard? Who're the shooters? Trade Hedo and they trade their best...

Their young core is going to be eating their future cap space quickly. Extending Battie illustrates just how dire their bigman situation is on the bench...they'll be looking to fix that before working on a project SF not as talented as the one they are looking to deal.

That's why you have to ask yourself, are they in it to win now, or rebuilding?

If rebuilding they just draft and probably do resign Ariza, if win now they have better places to spend their money while dancing around the lux tax.

I think they are trying to win now. Orlando doesn't exactly have a banner history of retaining it's Superstars and Howard's going to be sick of the losing right about the time his deal is up...

I think their desire in keeping Ariza is not that strong...if it was they'd just say so and scare off any potential suitors.

You tell me a better use for the Scola scraps...

whottt
06-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Here's the entire body of the snippet posted by TimVP the other day:

Despite an earlier report to the contrary, the Magic likely will match any reasonable offer that restricted free-agent forward Trevor Ariza receives this summer. Ariza came to the Magic last season from the New York Knicks as part of the trade involving guard Steve Francis, and the Magic like his open-court abilities and offensive rebounding. They won't sacrifice future salary-cap space to keep him, but he isn't expected to get any big-money offers, anyway. Ariza still needs to develop a jump shot.

Big money being the key phrase here...what is big money for Ariza, and the over the cap lottery Magic?

Honestly...I think they are looking at LLE type pay for him.

They need shooters and centers/forwards...Veterans...all of which we have.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Who's the 2 guard? Stevenson?

#11?

MLE signee?

They could spend all their exceptions, sign their pick, match Ariza and still not go over the tax threshold. If Augmon retires and Garrity and Grant go down with injuries (how strong a possibility is that?) Ariza becomes critical.

Too many question marks right now. I simply think it's up to Brian Hill, seeing as the money isn't a terribly critical issue in either a win-now or rebuilding scenario.

whottt
06-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Stephenson's deal is up after next season..that sends them into the following season with Millicic up...after that Nelson and Howard.

Again...it comes down to if they are trying to win now or rebuild.

Remember...the Spurs once were so tight on their cap in win now mode they traded Leandro Barbosa for basically pennies of cap room.

Ariza beceomes critical for what? Winning? Shit..in that case they are resigning everyone. Ariza being critical for them bodes badly for their future...

Ariza got more minutes under Larry Brown than under Brian Hill btw.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Honestly...I think they are looking at LLE type pay for him.It would be pretty easy for them to match an LLE offer, they don't have to shell out the big money for Howard and Nelson until the year following the end of that deal.
They need shooters and centers/forwards...Veterans...all of which we have.If you're talking about a trade, that's entirely different. Would it not be easier for them to trade Hill or Garrity, who are in the final years of their deals to fill their needs, then sign Ariza on the cheap to replace them?

Too many options to make any call at all.

whottt
06-05-2006, 11:22 PM
You tell me a better use for the Scola scraps...

And don't give me names like Jones, Jeffries or Evans...because the scraps won't get any of them.

whottt
06-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Would it not be easier for them to trade Hill or Garrity, who are in the final years of their deals to fill their needs, then sign Ariza on the cheap to replace them?

Why'd they trade Francis for Penny?

They want expiring deals...not to deal them away.

Edit...then again they did resign Battie...Fuck this, the Magic are fucking idiots and always have been, so forget trying to use logic on their decisions to figure out their plan...

The bottom line is I can't think of anything better to do with the money and their interest in resigning him is lukewarm at best. Guy can be had and should be one of the things the Spurs look into...they really need shooting.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 11:26 PM
I personally don't think Scola scraps are going to amount to more than the LLE, so it's kind of moot.

If they are, I'd try for Chuck Hayes. Houston needs to replentish its guard corps and, unlike Orlando, the Rockets would have to blow MLE money to match.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Why'd they trade Francis for Penny?

They want expiring deals...not to deal them away.

Edit...then again they did resign Battie...Fuck this, the Magic are fucking idiots and always have been, so forget trying to use logic on their decisions to figure out their plan...Now you understand. I have to believe it's the coach's call at this point -- it's the only thing that makes sense.

whottt
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Well if it's the coach's call...the minutes he got correspond accordingly with their lukewarm interest in resigning him....

They don't feel he's a major key for their success right now. This is obvious.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Well, he got more minutes than Garrity or Augmon during their big run at season's end -- and the way Hedo was playing, he couldn't be kept off the floor for more than 12-15mpg. Looks like once again Grant Hill's health will be a major determining factor.

whottt
06-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Look, point is, IMO, if we are going to do this small ball thing, this is the guy we have a legitmate chance at getting. He's can penetrate, defend and rebound...he can't shoot, shooting isn't a need for this team anymore, and it's not a need against this new way of soft interior d small ball teams...Ariza got the skills.

The Magic are not that interested in him...the quotes are there, they are not willing to sacrifice cap space for him...Why is cap space their concern? Rebuilding purposes? Or big FA purposes?

There are a variety of ways the Spurs can go after this guy...

They can try and get him on the low..
Offer the Magic a shooter with an expiring contract...

Or...if Scola wants too much...they can make him an unreasonable offer. 3 mil per year?

To me the guy is perfect for what we need...he's long, can run, can defend on the perimeter, board.

Get him. It can be done...it can be done easily. It's not like we're trying to sign Elton Brand here...

whottt
06-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Well, he got more minutes than Garrity or Augmon during their big run at season's end

Not exactly a career highlight beating out those two. I thought they were dead.

-- and the way Hedo was playing, he couldn't be kept off the floor for more than 12-15mpg.

If Hedo is playing so well then why are they gripping over his pay? And why then would they pay his lesser talented backup more than the cheap?

Looks like once again Grant Hill's health will be a major determining factor.

They've also got a buttload of draft picks to use to get other back up SF's, some of whom might be less of a project than Ariza...

I am telling you, they aren't gripping over keeping this guy.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 11:55 PM
The Magic are not that interested in him...the quotes are there, they are not willing to sacrifice cap space for him.Sure the quotes are there, but are they to really be believed?

Smith: We like Trevor, but won't match any offers over the minimum.

Buford: GREAT! All we have to do is make an offer just over the minimum. Let's make it two years starting at $1.2 million, the remainder of our MLE.

Smith: Psych! I'm matching this shit! What a bargain!

Buford: But I read on the internets....

Smith: You're always honest with the media?

Buford: Susie, get me Chuck Hayes' agent.

CIA Otis.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Not exactly a career highlight beating out those two. I thought they were dead.But you said they weren't using him. Those were the other guys they were using.
If Hedo is playing so well then why are they gripping over his pay?There you go again, trying to apply logic to the Magic.
And why then would they pay his lesser talented backup more than the cheap?If they moved Hedo. That was the only reason I brought it up. It made no sense to me either.
They've also got a buttload of draft picks to use to get other back up SF's, some of whom might be less of a project than Ariza...So they could also adress their other needs that you listed as well.
I am telling you, they aren't gripping over keeping this guy.As small as our offer would be, it would be a viable option.

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Sure the quotes are there, but are they to really be believed?

Smith: We like Trevor, but won't match any offers over the minimum.

Buford: GREAT! All we have to do is make an offer just over the minimum. Let's make it two years starting at $1.2 million, the remainder of our MLE.

Smith: Psych! I'm matching this shit! What a bargain!

Buford: But I read on the internets....

Smith: You're always honest with the media?

Buford: Susie, get me Chuck Hayes' agent.

CIA Otis.

And doing that hurts us how?

It doesn't.

Sign LJIII for the min...

Que: Spurfan paranoia about how LJIII is now coveted by the Hornets like he's the second coming of Larry Bird.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 12:14 AM
And doing that hurts us how?Susie couldn't call anyone for a week.

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:15 AM
But you said they weren't using him. Those were the other guys they were using.

False...I said he was getting less minutes under Hill than he did under Brown.

There you go again, trying to apply logic to the Magic.

There is a logic stupid though it may be...they want a shorterm core signed as cheaply as possible but they are trying to lower their cap for signing their own young talent and perhaps aquiring it elsewhere...the bottom line is that 2 guard and shooters are their primary needs.

If they moved Hedo. That was the only reason I brought it up. It made no sense to me either.So they could also adress their other needs that you listed as well.As small as our offer would be, it would be a viable option.

Bottom line is that you guys think they are more interested in him than they are...even if they won't let him go for nothing...they'll let him go for an immediate need. Shooter.

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Susie couldn't call anyone for a week.

LJIII for the vet min makes that moot.

Sanikidze waiting around for us to call does as well...

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 12:18 AM
What makes anyone think LJ wants to come back here again?

ace3g
06-06-2006, 12:19 AM
for all of you who havent seen Javtokas in game footage here is something posted by timvp on youtube, hope you guys enjoy

Javtokas highlight video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwkeNIOkOo&search=javtokas)

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:19 AM
What makes anyone think anyone wants to play here?

You think he likes his ring?

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:20 AM
You mind not fucking up this Ariza thread with Javtokas talk? Thanks.

Solid D
06-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Bring on 5-Down and RobertasDumper.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 12:23 AM
False...I said he was getting less minutes under Hill than he did under Brown.If Brown had anyone playing like Hedo, that might be relevant. He was the second SF during the Magic's best run. Period.
There is a logic stupid though it may be...they want a shorterm core signed as cheaply as possible but they are trying to lower their cap for signing their own young talent and perhaps aquiring it elsewhere.Well, anything we'd offer would make sense then
..the bottom line is that 2 guard and shooters are their primary needs.MLE/LLE, draft picks, and/or keeping Stevenson are all options there, and none of them eat into the money that they could use to match an Ariza offer
Bottom line is that you guys think they are more interested in him than they are.Yes, GMs are always open and honest with the media, I forgot.
even if they won't let him go for nothing...they'll let him go for an immediate need. Shooter.They can have both. Easily.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 12:24 AM
What makes anyone think anyone wants to play here?

You think he likes his ring?I think he likes playing more than one game a season.

velik_m
06-06-2006, 12:27 AM
You mind not fucking up this Ariza thread with Javtokas talk? Thanks.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 12:28 AM
We can't help it. Javtokas is the only thing we've ever agreed on.

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:34 AM
If Brown had anyone playing like Hedo, that might be relevant. He was the second SF during the Magic's best run. Period.

It's Larry Brown we're talking about here...it is relevant. It's always relevant when 20-21 year old project got more PT under Larry Brown than someone else...

Well, anything we'd offer would make sense thenMLE/LLE, draft picks, and/or keeping Stevenson

They aren't real high on Stephenson, nor should they be...you notice he didn't get extended.

They can have both. Easily.

Said a fan of an elite team that's been shot out of the playoffs by Steve Smith and Hedo...tell me how easy it is.

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:38 AM
I think he likes playing more than one game a season.

Then he shouldn't get injured in training camp...

Seriously, is that the best you have left now?

You just described 99% of the players in the NBA...

If it's that much of a factor...and they've watched Pop long enough...we aint signing anyone.

BTW, you started Larry Birding LJIII much more quickly than I expected....

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 12:44 AM
It's Larry Brown we're talking about here...it is relevant. It's always relevant when 20-21 year old project got more PT under Larry Brown than someone else...Again if Brown was coaching during Springtime for Hedo, Trevor would still be getting 12-15mpg.
They aren't real high on Stephenson, nor should they be...you notice he didn't get extended.I don't think he had a deal that could be extended. He has an option this year. If he takes it, they can play him or trade him. If not, hey, more room under the tax threshold to spend on a guard to go along with their pick.
Said a fan of an elite team that's been shot out of the playoffs by Steve Smith and Hedo...tell me how easy it is.Since one has nothing to do with the other, yes, it is very easy to get an SG through the draft and/or free agency and match on a reasonalble Ariza deal without coming close to the luxury tax. A "win now" strategy pretty much demands doing so.

Phenomanul
06-06-2006, 12:45 AM
for all of you who havent seen Javtokas in game footage here is something posted by timvp on youtube, hope you guys enjoy

Javtokas highlight video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZNwkeNIOkOo&search=javtokas)

Is this recent material??? He looks pretty athletic... that up an under was flawless...

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Seriously...after checking that video, anyone think Javtokas lacks athleticism or an under the basket game? That baby hook he's got is nice. And he's got form and style on those dunks.

He could come real close to approximating Drob in his later years...perhaps more.

That hook will translate to the NBA, that leaping ability will translate to the NBA, the work ethic that got him his career back will translate to the NBA. But will his legs?

No comparisons between this guy and Oberto...Oberto's lack of athleticism is what hurt him in his transition...You can still tell Oberto is a fundamentally solid player, just over-matched in his first year.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Then he shouldn't get injured in training camp...

Seriously, is that the best you have left now?

You just described 99% of the players in the NBA...

If it's that much of a factor...and they've watched Pop long enough...we aint signing anyone.

BTW, you started Larry Birding LJIII much more quickly than I expected....I'm not Larry Birding anyone, so you can stop trying to distract from the matter at hand

You haven't proved to me that.

1) LJIII wants to be here.

2) The Spurs would conceivably want him back after dropping his option for the minimum salary after trying to trade him away.

3) LJIII doesn't want to be in OKC.

4) LJIII can remember one play in the Spurs offense.

5) Young NBA players prefer to ride the IR once they have averaged 18mpg.

I'm sure there is a quote on the internets you can find from him.

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Again if Brown was coaching during Springtime for Hedo, Trevor would still be getting 12-15mpg.
Maybe...or maybe LB would have moved Hedo to the 2. You can't say that for certain.

I don't think he had a deal that could be extended. He has an option this year. If he takes it, they can play him or trade him. If not, hey, more room under the tax threshold to spend on a guard to go along with their pick.

They're not real high on him.

Since one has nothing to do with the other, yes, it is very easy to get an SG through the draft and/or free agency and match on a reasonalble Ariza deal without coming close to the luxury tax. A "win now" strategy pretty much demands doing so.

If you want a shitty one...again I ask..what the Magic trying to do...win now? Or rebuild.

I think it's pretty obvious they are trung to win now, they have cap issues, they may subside for a bit in 2 years but they'll be back in abundance around 08....and exactly how does Ariza fit any of their needs? He can't shoot. They need it..he doesn't have it.

ace3g
06-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Is this recent material??? He looks pretty athletic... that up an under was flawless...

yeah all that footage is recent (meaning after his accident and recovery) I have known about Javtokas ever since they drafted him, like I do with all the players the spurs draft and keep updates on them

Javtokas is ready for the nba, trust me

whottt
06-06-2006, 12:55 AM
I'm not Larry Birding anyone, so you can stop trying to distract from the matter at hand

Yes you are...you're making it sound like teams are going to be beating down the door to sign him and he's going to be able to pick his team at his leisure....

There isn't a dearth of SF's in the NBA right now...only on the Spurs.

You haven't proved to me that.

1) LJIII wants to be here.

Prove to me that he doesn't...

2) The Spurs would conceivably want him back after dropping his option.

Watch much basketball during the Mavs series?

3) LJIII doesn't want to be in OKC.

Ever been to OKC?

4) LJIII can remember one play in the Spurs offense.

As opposed to anyone else we sign?

5) Young NBA players prefer to ride the IR once they have averaged 18mpg.

No one likes riding the pine...no one.

I'm sure there is a quote on the internets you can find from him.

Shit...I guess we better start scouring the Korean Leagues for players...no one is going to sign here...they might not get PT.

Get fucking real....lame lame lame lame lame.

Phenomanul
06-06-2006, 12:56 AM
yeah all that footage is recent (meaning after his accident and recovery) I have known about Javtokas ever since they drafted him, like I do with all the players the spurs draft and keep updates on them

Javtokas is ready for the nba, trust me

It certainly looks that way... man I hadn't even seen the very last play on that clip... it looked like a play Manu would make...

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Maybe...or maybe LB would have moved Hedo to the 2. You can't say that for certain.He certainly would've played Hedo at every position during the season.
They're not real high on him.So they put his expiring deal together with Garrity's and get another shooting guard, with no net change in salary
If you want a shitty one...again I ask..what the Magic trying to do...win now? Or rebuild.You can't even answer that, so why are you asking me? I simply think Hill and Smith are in a honeymoon phase and on the same page right now. If you really know how they feel, you'll know what will happen to Ariza. One indirect quote on the internets isn't quote enough for me.
I think it's pretty obvious they are trung to win now, they have cap issues, they may subside for a bit in 2 years but they'll be back in abundance around 08....and exactly how does Ariza fit any of their needs? He can't shoot. They need it..he doesn't have it.All depends on what else they do in the draft and otherwise. You have real tunnelvision with this guy, so I understand that the Magic must never want Trevor Ariza under any circumstances. That simply isn't the case, though -- there are all kinds of possible scenarios that would make the Magic's matching an Ariza offer an easy decision.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Yes you are...you're making it sound like teams are going to be beating down the door to sign him and he's going to be able to pick his team at his leisure....Not at all. I'm making it sound like the Spurs didn't want him back for the minimum.
There isn't a dearth of SF's in the NBA right now...only on the Spurs. If Augmon and Hill are gone, guess what Orlando will need?[/quote]Prove to me that he doesn't...[/quote]Don't need to.
Watch much basketball during the Mavs series?I watched the Spurs let his minimum salary deal go.
Ever been to OKC?No accounting for taste.
As opposed to anyone else we sign?Absolutely. He didn't remember plays anywhere he has played. All things being equal, I prefer a player who would.
No one likes riding the pine...no one.And who does LJIII knock out of the rotation?
Shit...I guess we better start scouring the Korean Leagues for players...no one is going to sign here...they might not get PT. Shit...I guess maybe we should come up with something better than LJIII. I think Sharrod Ford would actually be a better choice, but I know better than to hope for the Spurs to sign someone they already kicked to the curb.

whottt
06-06-2006, 01:22 AM
So they put his expiring deal together with Garrity's and get another shooting guard, with no net change in salary

They can do a lot of things....teams could never let any RFA's go...but they do.

You can't even answer that, so why are you asking me? I simply think Hill and Smith are in a honeymoon phase and on the same page right now. If you really know how they feel, you'll know what will happen to Ariza. One indirect quote on the internets isn't quote enough for me.All depends on what else they do in the draft and otherwise. You have real tunnelvision with this guy, so I understand that the Magic must never want Trevor Ariza under any circumstances. That simply isn't the case, though -- there are all kinds of possible scenarios that would make the Magic's matching an Ariza offer an easy decision.

You miss the point entirely...the Spurs have nothing to lose if the Scola scraps are as small as you claim.

Oh we might miss out your latest Rockets choke artist...

And BTW, I drafted Bobby Sura for my fantasy league team this year because of years of your inane prattling about how good he was...

And you have the audacity to ask me why I am being a dick...Fuck you!

whottt
06-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Not at all. I'm making it sound like the Spurs didn't want him back for the minimum.
The Spurs are owned by Peter Holt you know...they almost didn't want Tony Parker back over 2 million dollars...

This year NVE and Finley were available...

If Augmon and Hill are gone, guess what Orlando will need?
Two new overpaid and useless pieces of shit?

Don't need to.
Yes you do...that's an assinine statement.

I watched the Spurs let his minimum salary deal go.

Did you also watch the Spurs let Jason Hart and Devin Brown go their first time around?

Absolutely. He didn't remember plays anywhere he has played.
He's young...

.And who does LJIII knock out of the rotation?

Ask any big on the Spurs not named Tim Duncan...if we're playing the Mavs again.

but I know better than to hope for the Spurs to sign someone they already kicked to the curb.

Like Devin Brown...and Jason Hart...and Avery Johnson....and Steve Kerr...and Raja Belle(attempted) and even my god...Steve Smith in 04(attempted).

I am sure there are others...*cough*Melvin Sanders*cough*

Speedy Claxton..cough cough cough.

You lucky timvp carries a permanent redass over my AJ stance or there's no way you'd still have that title after the above statement you just made...

I think it's time you went to bed...I am actually starting to feel sorry for you.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 01:32 AM
Dumbasses like you and Ghost will never unblur the line between fantasy and real basketball. You need to quit one or the other.
Oh we might miss out your latest Rockets choke artist...If you can show me where Hayes choked this season, fine. Otherwise, you can't tell me he wouldn't be easier to sign simply because of the source of the funds needed to keep him.

whottt
06-06-2006, 01:35 AM
If you like him...he'll choke. The burden of proof lies on you to prove otherwise, your record speaks for itself.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 01:46 AM
The Spurs are owned by Peter Holt you know...they almost didn't want Tony Parker back over 2 million dollars...So we wouldn't carry him on the IR again. Agreed.
Two new overpaid and useless pieces of shit?I can see how the possiblity angers you. It must be difficult being so angry at the internets all the time.
Yes you do...that's an assinine statement.Not really, being strung along all summer by a team that didn't want him back would naturally disincline a player (and his agent) from dealing with that team again. It's up to you to disprove that.
Did you also watch the Spurs let Jason Hart and Devin Brown go their first time around?Sure, they got better. No real indication LJIII has
He's young...26 isn't that young - it's old enough to determine whether a guy can learn a play.
Ask any big on the Spurs not named Tim Duncan...if we're playing the Mavs again. Nah, he doesn't knock Finley out of the rotation if he doesn't make the playoff roster.
Like Devin Brown...and Jason Hart...and Avery Johnson....and Steve Kerr...and Raja Belle(attempted) and even my god...Steve Smith in 04(attempted).

I am sure there are others...*cough*Melvin Sanders*cough*

Speedy Claxton..cough cough cough.Again those guys were actually good -- or improved in the meantime. Quit Boris Diawing LJIII. It sickens me.

You lucky timvp carries a permanent redass over my AJ stance or there's no way you'd still have that title after the above statement you just made...I don't give a shit about the title. Your attempt at Boris Diawing LJIII means it stays though.
I think it's time you went to bed...I am actually starting to feel sorry for you.I think you should fuck yourself. I've always felt sorry for you.

I have given very real reasons why these signings might not happen.

Your reason for them happening is, well, you want them to.

Either one is possible, and I won't discount either out of hand. But I'm not going to make the stretches of logic that you have made:

Orlando won't re-sign Ariza because Hedo would've been a shooting guard in New York.

LJIII isn't Larry Bird, but he is Boris Diaw.

MannyIsGod
06-06-2006, 01:47 AM
On the subject of spacing regarding the Spurs offense, one of the worst things that Nazr and Rasho casued for different but simillar reasons was the closing off of the lane. Both were non factors to score under the basket off of passes from the penetrators because neither could finish: Rasho prefering to brick shit, and Nazr prefering to pump fake away the game or bobble the ball away

If Robertas can finish underneath the goal, that will help open up the lanes as he becomes an option for the guards to pass too. There are several ways a player can help space the floor.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 01:48 AM
If you like him...he'll choke. The burden of proof lies on you to prove otherwise, your record speaks for itself.So all the Spurs are chokers.

Javtokas is a choker.

Ariza is a choker.

LJIII is a choker.

Understood.

More great logic from you.

whottt
06-06-2006, 02:07 AM
LMAO...you're angry when you're owned.

Plenty of indication LJIII has improved BTW...careers highs in FG%, 3PT%, PTS and offensive boards...

What did Devin Brown and Hart do to show they had improved?

Brown played 13 games with the Nuggets...

Hart didn't even play in the NBA between stints...

And you said Spurs don't resign players they have given up on...that's what you said...nothing to do with improvement...that was not part of your statement.

Own up for once in your life cunt.

whottt
06-06-2006, 02:08 AM
So all the Spurs are chokers.

Javtokas is a choker.

Ariza is a choker.

LJIII is a choker.

Understood.

More great logic from you.

Obviously...if I like them it trumps your choker loving.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 02:12 AM
LMAO...you're angry when you're owned.

Plenty of indication LJIII has improved BTW...careers highs in FG%, 3PT%, PTS and offensive boards...So he IS Larry Bird after all, then. A bit of a damper on your deperation angle.
And you said Spurs don't resign players they have given up on...that's what you said...

Own up for once in your life cunt.
I know better than to hope for the Spurs to sign someone they already kicked to the curb.I know your penchant for hyperbole extends to every single facet of your life. Your anger blinds you to simple text.

And we would never get off on these tangents had you not been initally owned. All I had to do was present a scenario where Orlando would match a small offer sheet for Ariza. Rather than just accept that and run along you had to dig in like every other time and argue that Orlando would never under any circumstances match on Ariza. When confronted with the shear lunacy of it all, you have to try to go off on a tangent or dredge up old arguments where you were also owned and start the ownage all over again.

Let me finish this one for you:

You: Cunt! You said Hedo>Manu!

Me: Well, you can't say anything with Shane Heal's dick in your mouth.

You: Cunt! Choker lover!

Me: Goodnight.

You: See! I owned you!

Melmart1
06-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Chump and Whottt need to get a room.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Sorry I was typing while you were posting.

My stance on players the Spurs let go remains unchanged.

As do my opinions on Ariza and LJIII.

Now just say you owned me on something I didn't post several more times, with the requisite "cunt" and "bitch" liberally thrown in, update your fantasy message board argument stats and let us get on with our lives.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 02:48 AM
You made a dumbass statement about the Spurs resigning players once they let them goMost of them do not come back, so:
I know better than to hope for the Spurs to sign someone they already kicked to the curb.You are, of course, free to hope all you like. I only said I know better than to do so. Which is true, especially for a guy who never remembered an NBA play.

GrandeDavid
06-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Wow, first time I've ever watched video of this guy. I sort of wrote him off after that motorcycle accident but have been aware for some time about his comeback to the court. Based on that video that LJ put up on him at YouTube.com, I can't wait for the Spurs to bring him over. Assuming that at least some of that is post-accident, he looks like today's NBA big man. He looks very athletic, smooth in the post, live on defense. DAMN!

Bruno
06-16-2006, 03:58 AM
Some news about Javtokas :
http://www.lrytas.lt/?id=11504444421149096571&view=4

Rough translation (I don't know lithuanian laguage so if somebody can get a better translation made a by a lithuanian... )

Javtokas has received an official invitation from nba
06/16/2006

An official letter from Spurs is arrived in Lithuania, former NBA champions have informed Robertas Javtokas about their wish to see him playing for them.

" We congratulatas Robertas Javtokas for his great season in Lithuanian domestic championship and in Euroleague, we are now working on last details of his contract with agent Herbert Rodoy " write Spurs Gm RC Buford in a letter received by Lithunian agent Virginijus Bulotas from "Interperformances" agency.

The 26 years old and 6'11" player who plays with the lithuanian NT will sign a contract with Spurs in July.

"It seems that it will be a two years contract with an option on the third year." said Virginijus Bulotas.

A nba rule don't allow player to sign a contract for the new year bafore July 12st.

Spurs have drafted Robertas Javtokas from Rytas team in the second round and with the 56th pick of the nba 2001 draft.

Bruno
06-16-2006, 03:59 AM
I don't know if the third year is a team option or a player option.
A 3 years contract means that it's not a LLE deal or minimum contract but a MLE deal.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2006, 04:11 AM
An official letter from Spurs is arrived in Lithuania, former NBA champions have informed Robertas Javtokas about their wish to see him playing for them.

" We congratulatas Robertas Javtokas for his great season in Lithuanian domestic championship and in Euroleague, we are now working on last details of his contract with agent Herbert Rodoy " write Spurs Gm RC Buford in a letter received by Lithunian agent Virginijus Bulotas from "Interperformances" agency.Competing letter from Eyal Berkovic to follow.

polandprzem
06-16-2006, 04:45 AM
Looks like he is coming.

Maybe the game will looks better, but no championship

donny
06-16-2006, 05:16 AM
Some news about Javtokas :
http://www.lrytas.lt/?id=11504444421149096571&view=4

Rough translation (I don't know lithuanian laguage so if somebody can get a better translation made a by a lithuanian... )

spurs have sent an official invitation to robertas javtokas.

"we congratulate javktokas with good season both in lithuanian championship and in euroleague. We are ready to sign a contract with R. Javtokas. Final details are being adjusted now with javtokas' agent Herb Rudoy" - thise letter from R.C. Buford was received on wednesday evening by virginijus bulotas (interperformances representative in Lithuania)

26 years old 210 cm player should sign a contract in july.

V. Bulotas: "the contract will probably be 2+1"

by NBA rules new contracts can be signed starting from 12 july.

S.A. spurs have drafted Javtokas in 2001 NBA draft second round (pick 56). from that moment javtokas was always in their horizon.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2006, 05:27 AM
spurs have sent an official invitation to robertas javtokas.

"we congratulate javktokas with good season both in lithuanian championship and in euroleague. We are ready to sign a contract with R. Javtokas. Final details are being adjusted now with javtokas' agent Herb Rudoy" - thise letter from R.C. Buford was received on wednesday evening by virginijus bulotas (interperformances representative in Lithuania)

26 years old 210 cm player should sign a contract in july.

V. Bulotas: "the contract will probably be 2+1"

by NBA rules new contracts can be signed starting from 12 july.

S.A. spurs have drafted Javtokas in 2001 NBA draft second round (pick 56). from that moment javtokas was always in their horizon.Welcome to the forum, donny. Expect more translation requests. :spin

Bruno
06-16-2006, 05:27 AM
dėkui ! and welcome on this board.

Did they say if the third year is a team option or a player option in this article ?

donny
06-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Welcome to the forum, donny. Expect more translation requests.

no problem :) as long as i have to translate from lithuanian :)

dėkui ! and welcome on this board.
Did they say if the third year is a team option or a player option in this article ?

no, there was no such information... :(

polandprzem
06-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Hello donny :)

It's good we have another international guy. But look out! cause Sequ said no more internationals, and he mean that.....

furry_spurry
06-16-2006, 07:33 AM
we are now working on last details of his contract with agent Herbert Rudoy

Same agent as Manu and Fabricio. :)

TDMVPDPOY
06-16-2006, 08:25 AM
once he signs with us, is he goin to spread that lithuanian love to the ladies in SA?

skyphaz
06-16-2006, 10:22 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lTsnMFr7-g0&search=Javtokas

one more video footage for Robertas Javtokas.. just to prove his worth
and i must say that those flashy plays are very common for him, every matc is something to watch when tehe's RJ on the court

furry_spurry
06-16-2006, 10:25 AM
once he signs with us, is he goin to spread that lithuanian love to the ladies in SA?
Married.

clubalien
06-16-2006, 10:34 AM
furry so you are saying that is a yes?

AndRe-LT
06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Hello fans from San Antonio ! I'm huge RJ fan from Lithuanian capital Vilnius ! ( RJ past team town BC Lietuvos Rytas ) He played in this team for 7 years, and was KEY FACTOR of this team titles ( ULEB CUP CHAMPION 2005 (he got MVP), Lith champs 3 times ) and if he woudn't love speed and motorcycles he would play in NBA maybe 3 years ago ! (I'm about that horrible accident in 2002)
P.S. THIS GUY IS JUST CREATED FOR NBA :flag:
P.S.S. SOrry for BAD english

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: SPURS :cheer :cheer :cheer

picnroll
06-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Welocme AndRe-LT. Looking forwad to Robertas in silver and black. In your opinion does RJ have much physical limitations form the accident? How effective a rebounder is he?

AndRe-LT
06-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Welocme AndRe-LT. Looking forwad to Robertas in silver and black. In your opinion does RJ have much physical limitations form the accident? How effective a rebounder is he?

You know, when he came back after accident he had alot limitations! but now he 110% ready to play in this league !
Rebounds: for Lith. fans he is Lithuanian Ben Wallace ! Plusses: Athletic, true warrior on the field, very strong in Defence, his blocks and dunks are amaizing, very effective on defensive rebounds ( less on offensive ) very effective in 1on1 playes Minuses: Poor shooting from middle range (distance), poor stamina ... Sorry guys need to run :idiot
:worthy: RJ

Kori Ellis
06-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the forum. It's good to have a Lithuanian here.

T Park
06-16-2006, 06:30 PM
awesome, we finally have a legit good lithuanian on the team.

Only been coveting one since Sarunas Marcilonus. (spelling sorry)

Great to see lithuanian posters too!

We are very excited at the prospects of Robertas coming over.

ducks
06-16-2006, 06:41 PM
if the contract is 2.1 is the lle could be that! last year it was like 1.8
that would be sweet

tempest186
06-16-2006, 06:51 PM
I think the 2 + 1 was probably referring to the length of the contract. Unfortunately I think that because it is 2 + 1 (either player or team option) then it can't be a LLE contract. I could be wrong though.

whottt
06-16-2006, 07:01 PM
If you are reading this in English, thank a veteran..

Even if you aren't American? Since it is written in English...I don't know how you could read it any other way. I suggest a rephrase.

whottt
06-16-2006, 07:02 PM
<<<<<<< rubs hands in anticipation of all the Sabonis VS Drob arugments he'll be having in the next year :smokin

whottt
06-16-2006, 07:03 PM
<<<<<<< Has always seen the potential for a Lithuania/Slovenia rivalry...it's going to happen. ;)

T Park
06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Even if you aren't American? Since it is written in English...I don't know how you could read it any other way. I suggest a rephrase.

I suggest a mind your own business.

whottt
06-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I enjoying making the US military look like it's supporters are a bunch of numbskulls.

Russ
06-16-2006, 08:03 PM
awesome, we finally have a legit good lithuanian on the team.

Only been coveting one since Sarunas Marcilonus. (spelling sorry)

So who is the best Lithuanian player all time?

Tennis -- the late Vitas Gerulaitis.

Bball?

My vote: Arvidas Sabonis -- in his prime the best 5 in the world.

So welcome Javtokas -- I was calling for his arrival way back in the summer of '04. :)

thispego
06-16-2006, 08:06 PM
:lmao

METALMiKE
06-16-2006, 08:07 PM
damn,this guy looks good. :tu

CosmicCowboy
06-16-2006, 10:38 PM
damn,this guy looks good. :tu

Yeah I agree but it was a highlight tape.

You could put the same thing together for Rasho and half the posters in here would be wanting to give him the max or trade Tony and Manu for him.

SPARKY
06-16-2006, 10:42 PM
The athleticism and instinct are evident in those clips. I don't expect him to be a star, but he definitely looks like a step in the right direction. With any luck, the Spurs will have a bigman rotation full of int'l bigs with speed and aggressiveness inside. The league's moving in that direction and the Spurs might just be ready.

:)

JMarkJohns
06-16-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm I pushing things if I count him as another "Arizona" player once he makes it in the NBA?

One semester isn't much, but of two can qualify you, then I think one should as well!

CosmicCowboy
06-16-2006, 10:52 PM
The athleticism and instinct are evident in those clips. I don't expect him to be a star, but he definitely looks like a step in the right direction. With any luck, the Spurs will have a bigman rotation full of int'l bigs with speed and aggressiveness inside. The league's moving in that direction and the Spurs might just be ready.

I'm there. I trust the Spurs front office.

Life is still good to be a Spurs fan.

exstatic
06-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah I agree but it was a highlight tape.

You could put the same thing together for Rasho and half the posters in here would be wanting to give him the max or trade Tony and Manu for him.
You could put together a "highlight" reel of Rasho's entire career, including U18 ball, and it wouldn't have 10 dunks in it. :lol

AndRe-LT
06-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Hello again :blah , you know, Rasho, and Oberto ain't competitors for Javtokas ( I think so :owned ) couse : 2005 Uleb cup Semis Javtokas just eated Oberto and Tomasevic (pamesa centers) :oops and that about Rasho in Euro 2005 Lith - Slovenia match Rasho was just destroyed! Stats:
Javtokas: Min. 27; 2PFG. 8/14; 3PFG 0/0; FT 6/11; Reb 5; AS 1; PF 2; TO 3; ST 2; BS 1; PTS 22
Nesterovic: Min. 10; 2PFG. 1/5; 3PFG 0/0; FT 0/0; Reb 2; AS 0; PF 0; TO 1; ST 0; BS 1; PTS 2 :nutkick:

P.S Who can tell me about Nazarh situation ? in Lith press was article about Mohhamed, that he would leave Spurs is it true ? and that two main candidats to replace him, are Scola and Javtokas, but Scola have 1 year contract with TAU left, and Spurs are intrested to buy Javtokas couse he's Free Agent !!

sabar
06-17-2006, 02:36 AM
P.S Who can tell me about Nazarh situation ? in Lith press was article about Mohhamed, that he would leave Spurs is it true ? and that two main candidats to replace him, are Scola and Javtokas, but Scola have 1 year contract with TAU left, and Spurs are intrested to buy Javtokas couse he's Free Agent !!

Hello!

Nazr is most likely going to be signed and traded, he really doesn't want to be here. Shipping away Rasho is porbably a priority but I don't think it will happen. I expect next season to see Rasho/Javtokas at center. Scola's rights will probably be traded. A lot of rumors still going on, trades and signing should start soon.

ChumpDumper
06-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Is there a decided dearth of emoticons/smilies in Lithuania?

AndRe-LT
06-17-2006, 02:52 AM
Hello!

Nazr is most likely going to be signed and traded, he really doesn't want to be here. Shipping away Rasho is porbably a priority but I don't think it will happen. I expect next season to see Rasho/Javtokas at center. Scola's rights will probably be traded. A lot of rumors still going on, trades and signing should start soon.
Thanks alot :)

Is there a decided dearth of emoticons/smilies in Lithuania?
No, there isn't :wtf

MannyIsGod
06-17-2006, 06:16 AM
:lmao at Chump.

velik_m
06-17-2006, 06:19 AM
Hello again :blah , you know, Rasho, and Oberto ain't competitors for Javtokas ( I think so :owned ) couse : 2005 Uleb cup Semis Javtokas just eated Oberto and Tomasevic (pamesa centers) :oops and that about Rasho in Euro 2005 Lith - Slovenia match Rasho was just destroyed! Stats:
Javtokas: Min. 27; 2PFG. 8/14; 3PFG 0/0; FT 6/11; Reb 5; AS 1; PF 2; TO 3; ST 2; BS 1; PTS 22
Nesterovic: Min. 10; 2PFG. 1/5; 3PFG 0/0; FT 0/0; Reb 2; AS 0; PF 0; TO 1; ST 0; BS 1; PTS 2 :nutkick:

you do know Javtokas will play WITH Rasho not against him?

SPARKY
06-17-2006, 06:28 AM

I am looking forward to Radoslav enjoying many a :nutkick: in practice next season.

Also, I can't wait to see how many players Robertas 'just eated' at the end of next season.

AndRe-LT
06-17-2006, 07:17 AM
you do know Javtokas will play WITH Rasho not against him?

:smokin I meant, they will compete for the spot in starting 5 !
And RJ will :nutkick: Rasho ass :lol

polandprzem
06-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Hello!

I've got a tip for you.

Do not leave 1$ on your vbookie. Cause when the next vbookie bet will be released and you having a ZERO the system will add 25$ to your account.

Thak you. :kisses

polandprzem
06-17-2006, 07:23 AM
:smokin I meant, they will compete for the spot in starting 5 !
And RJ will :nutkick: Rasho ass :lol

Well, you know. Hmm... We are talking about NBA not Europe :rolleyes. So don't be so excited.
Robaertas is good and I liked him mmore in spurs squad then Scola cause of a more athletic (more NBA) body. But he is a little bit stiff.

Damn I'm pessimistic about spurs getting a trophy in Tims Duncan's era :(