PDA

View Full Version : SI: SA Most Popular Free Agent Destination

Slinkyman
05-31-2006, 09:35 AM
According to a Sports Illustrated poll of 248 NBA players, 27 percent named the Jazz as the team (other than they're own) for which they would least like to play. Toronto was second at 16 percent, followed by Atlanta (10 percent) and Milwaukee (six percent).
San Antonio was picked as the team respondents would most-like to play for at 13 percent, followed by Miami (11 percent).
The survey was completed in January, and runs in the issue of the magazine that hits news stands today.

Desert News (deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635211717,00.html)

MoSpur
05-31-2006, 09:45 AM
This doesn't surprise me anymore.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Well, it should, because it's not like the Spurs are free spenders nor is San Antonio the prototypical demographic match for most 25 year-old millionaires.

So it's a tribute to the Spurs organization, to Pop, and probably especially to Tim.

SenorSpur
05-31-2006, 09:51 AM
Let's not forget Pop's immense respect around the league with both players and coaches alike.

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2006, 09:55 AM
they are only usin us as leverage that a strong ball club is takin interest in them (even though sumtimes we are not) to demand a higher contract, and next thing you know it they will bolt to that team. i really dont care wat they say or the ballers say, put ink to paper then talk.

1Parker1
05-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, it should, because it's not like the Spurs are free spenders nor is San Antonio the prototypical demographic match for most 25 year-old millionaires.

So it's a tribute to the Spurs organization, to Pop, and probably especially to Tim.

Pop sucks :)

Phenomanul
05-31-2006, 10:18 AM
Darn it... we lost our 'dark-horse' opportunity to sweep through this year's FA market.

pas2704
05-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Go Spurs Go!!!! We'll We Back!!!

George Gervin's Afro
05-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Props to our front office and God who allowed Tim & Dave be the number 1 picks the 2 years we won the lottery. :fro

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2006, 10:24 AM
It doesn't hurt your reputation among players when vagabonds like Tony Massenburg and, to a lesser extent, Brent Barry, freely tell interviewers that they've never played in a better situation than San Antonio. And I suspect that there are some former Spurs who've become disgruntled in their post-San Antonio situations who've said similar things to teammates.

It also helps to have a loyal fanbase that leaves players alone (for the most part) off the court, a championship pedigree, a selfless superstar who is among the 15 or greatest players to ever lace up sneakers, a competent front office that builds around its foundation, and a coach who knows that he isn't the straw that stirs the drink.

SPARKY
05-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Did the respondents include any non-Slovenians?

pache100
05-31-2006, 11:06 AM
It doesn't hurt your reputation among players when vagabonds like Tony Massenburg and, to a lesser extent, Brent Barry, freely tell interviewers that they've never played in a better situation than San Antonio.

Although not quite as much of a "vagabond", Robert Horry has said that, too. And I think Michael Finley is coming around to that conclusion as well, based on some of his comments of late.

And I suspect that there are some former Spurs who've become disgruntled in their post-San Antonio situations who've said similar things to teammates.

Speedy Claxton. He said the other day that one of the worst things he ever did was leave the Spurs organization with the promise to start on another team. Because he started for about 5 minutes and then was back coming off the bench. He said if he was going to be stuck coming off the bench, he'd much rather be doing it in San Antonio. I thought that was amazing, coming from Speedy.

It also helps to have a loyal fanbase that leaves players alone (for the most part) off the court, a championship pedigree, a selfless superstar who is among the 15 or greatest players to ever lace up sneakers, a competent front office that builds around its foundation, and a coach who knows that he isn't the straw that stirs the drink.

:tu

ShoogarBear
05-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Damn, prison has made you bitter.

polandprzem
05-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Damn, prison has made you bitter.

:lmao

LilMissSPURfect
05-31-2006, 03:17 PM
THE SPURS are SPURS
"the class of the nba"

jman3000
05-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Kinda surprising... but at the same time, not really.

Jimcs50
05-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Only for players less than 6'7" tall.

7 footers need not apply.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2006, 03:34 PM
This is very surprising. I figured they had moved up, but #1?

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Unfortunatly, the moderator of this thread is not a big fan of open debate and discussion and will not allow me to post my thoughts.

Censorship is overrated.
Opinions are not.

MadDog73
05-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Unfortunatly, the moderator of this thread is not a big fan of open debate and discussion and will not allow me to post my thoughts.

Censorship is overrated.
Opinions are not.

I don't know, I think the opposite is true...

Kori Ellis
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM

Censorship is overrated.
Opinions are not.

This thread has a moderator?

SpursWoman
05-31-2006, 04:10 PM
This thread has a moderator?

There must have been one flying by and witnessed him openly discussing how revolting he finds San Antonio.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:11 PM
I posted something along the lines of this:
"Who the hell wants to live in San Antonio?
...what a shithole.

As many here have noted, SA is not an attractive city, but I remember last year when they (ESPN) reported that Houston was the hot destination for free agents. We all know how that worked out for them, making a huge splash with the signing of "Big Shot" Stromile Swift, the man destined to put them over the top as a contender. On a related note, even I will have to admit that Houston is twice the nightmare SA is as a city.

...good luck on a spirited 06-07 campaign."

Slinkyman
05-31-2006, 04:14 PM
...what a shithole.

As many here have noted, SA is not an attractive city, but I remember last year when they (ESPN) reported that Houston was the hot destination for free agents. We all know how that worked out for them, making a huge splash with the signing of "Big Shot" Stromile Swift, the man destined to put them over the top as a contender.

How is calling SA a shithole debating an issue? Also, it's not the city but the team that all these players want to play for so i don't think calling a city names is relevant.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:15 PM
in my opinion, SA is not a great American city. that was not the only content in my post, either.

...thin skinned humans around these parts.

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2006, 04:15 PM
pussyface might have a point if the poll had anything to do with free agency. It doesn't. The poll asks NBA players which team, other than their own, they'd most like to play for -- it makes sense to me that those players would most frequently choose San Antonio.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:16 PM
it is only my humble opinon, but also an assesment based on experience grounded in reality.

...also its relevent to this discussion (the attractiveness of SA to free agents is the heart of the matter here.)

so get real

ChumpDumper
05-31-2006, 04:19 PM
City smack is weak.

It might matter if you were an NBA player.

I really just wanted to see how many times you would repost it.

MadDog73
05-31-2006, 04:20 PM
it is only my humble opinon, but also an assesment based on experience grounded in reality.

...also its relevent to this discussion (the attractiveness of SA to free agents is the heart of the matter here.)

so get real

The attractiveness to SA is the fact that 1 million bucks here goes a hell of a long way...

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM

so get real

I'm not sure that is the heart of the point. I think it has much more to do with admiration of other franchises, which is distinct from the many issues (money, playing time) that come into play with free agency.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Well, guys don't have to summer here, so it's not too bad really.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Listen fellas...
you will have a hard time convincing me that the attractiveness of a city is not a consideration for free agents in the NBA.

As a GM, do you think it would be equally easy to recruit to Minnesota as Miami?
...or San Antonio as Las Angeles?

....sorry, city talk is in because its relevent to this discussion and SA's ability to land top flight free agents.

...off to play basketball, will continue this later

fyatuk
05-31-2006, 04:31 PM

so get real

Obviously SA's got something going for it since we seem to have a growing population of professional athletes, both current and retired...

ChumpDumper
05-31-2006, 04:32 PM
there is no way you are ever going to convince me that the attractiveness of a city is not a consideration for free agents in the NBA.Take it up with 248 NBA players, douchebag.

SpursWoman
05-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Take it up with 248 NBA players, douchebag.

Eh....grain of salt....etc., etc.

Its loser talk. Just ask the Dallas Mavericks, they've been spewing it for years.

CubanMustGo
05-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Listen fellas...
you will have a hard time convincing me that the attractiveness of a city is not a consideration for free agents in the NBA.

As a GM, do you think it would be equally easy to recruit to Minnesota as Miami?
...or San Antonio as Las Angeles?

....sorry, city talk is in because its relevent to this discussion and SA's ability to land top flight free agents.

...off to play basketball, will continue this later

So, in other words, you just :owned yourself, because SA IS the #1 place FAs look at according to this poll of NBA players. If it's such a "shithole" as you contend, it wouldn't be.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2006, 04:53 PM
You have to excuse doucheface for not knowing what to do when people challenge him. The seventh graders always show the utmost respect.

strangeweather
05-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Well, guys don't have to summer here, so it's not too bad really.
And it's a hell of a lot better place to spend the winter than some NBA cities.

SpursWoman
05-31-2006, 06:21 PM
So, in other words, you just :owned yourself, because SA IS the #1 place FAs look at according to this poll of NBA players. If it's such a "shithole" as you contend, it wouldn't be.

Pretty much. I guess he was looking so hard at the heart of the matter, that he missed the actual content of the matter. :lol

pussyface
05-31-2006, 06:35 PM
By asserting that SA is a shithole, I was challenging the credibility of the "free agents most want to play here" list.

as i said, last year Houston was the supposed hotspot, and Houston is also an unabashed shithole (even more than SA...purgatory on Earth...).

mikejones99
05-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Dallas and Detroit are shitholes but NBA players will go anywhere if the price and playing time are right.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM
certainly Detroit is a shithole...

Dallas we can certainly discuss, and I'm not lame like a lot of you guys who are just gonna act like SA is SF or NY or something just because you happen to live there.

Unlike a Detroit, Dallas is to a large extent a glamorous city ala Los Angeles (wealth, socialites, pretty people, "shopping") Culturally, there are certainly cities that have it goin' on to a much greater extent. It certainly wouldn't be my first choice among places to live. Relative to America's greatest cities, Dallas is a second-tier city, but hardly a shithole by objective measures.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 06:55 PM
the funny thing is that a lot of you who get offended and attack me personally because I don't care for San Antonio as a city have probably never lived anywhere else in their lives.

strangeweather
05-31-2006, 07:13 PM
the funny thing is that a lot of you who get offended and attack me personally because I don't care for San Antonio as a city have probably never lived anywhere else in their lives.
I've lived all over the place, and San Antonio isn't a bad place to live at all. You can do a lot worse. Personally, I'd rather live in SA than the Metroplex, but I can understand how you can disagree -- they're very different.

No, it's not South Beach or Beverly Hills -- but not everyone is looking for that anyway. The basketball players who make that their primary goal are probably not the ones who are going to come here anyway.

Coming to SA as a basketball player, you get a stable organization and coaching situation, a solid veteran team that plays like a team and is consistently in the hunt for titles, a city full of fanatical basketball fans, an affordable housing market, a decent place to raise kids, and warm weather.

Is it so hard to believe that's attractive to guys once they grow up and realize that there's more to life than shopping for Bentleys and partying all night?

pussyface
05-31-2006, 07:18 PM
"I've lived all over the place, and San Antonio isn't a bad place to live at all. You can do a lot worse. " strangeweather
...hehe...man I'm afraid your damming the city with faint praise. this is not exactly the way people who live in cities like san francisco/new orleans/boston/chicago talk about their city, which is telling and was my point in the first place.

As for your other points, you can raise a family and be a family man in Miami just as easily as SA. Just because it has the advantage of also offering an attractive nightlife does not mean that it doesnt also have all the other things you think are nice about SA.

You can sit on your lawn in the suburbs of your gated community going to Home Depot in Miami just as well as SA.

An "affordable housing market" isn't really a big draw for top tier free agents making money hand over fist. More than anything, this is an indication that SA is not a highly desirable place to live.

Obviously, you are right in that having an outstanding team/organization will always draw some quality guys.

strangeweather
05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
...hehe...man I'm afraid your damming the city with faint praise. this is not exactly the way people who live in cities like san francisco/new orleans/boston/chicago talk about their city, which is telling and was my point in the first place.
Since you mentioned it, I don't live there anymore. But of all the cities you just mentioned, New Orleans is the only one I'd put higher on my own personal list than SA.

As for your other points, you can raise a family and be a family man in Miami just as easily as SA. Just because it has the advantage of also offering an attractive nightlife does not mean that it doesnt also have all the other things you think are nice about SA.
True. But it's worth noting that a veteran minimum contract goes a lot further at SA's cost of living than in Miami.

And you shouldn't underestimate the value of an entire city where every sports fan is a Spurs fan, as opposed to having a city full on 'Fins fans that will go see your games if you're doing well enough. I'm not trying to disrespect Miami -- there are great fans there too. But I've never been anywhere where people were as into the NBA as San Antonio.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
...what a shithole.

Man, you're a fucking idiot. Where do you live? Portland?

You can't live in Dallas. I live in Dallas (Plano actually), and it's a shithole to the nth degree.

You might have an argument if you live in the upscale part of Ft. Worth, but Dallas sucks donkey balls.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
An "affordable housing market" isn't really a big draw for top tier free agents making money hand over fist. More than anything, this is an indication that SA is not a highly desirable place to live.

....i guess your right that it could help nudge a guy making the veteran minimum towards SA, but those arent usually the guys who are gonna get you overt the top in free agency

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 07:34 PM
sorry, city talk is in because its relevent to this discussion and SA's ability to land top flight free agents.

City talk < owners staring at you in the shower.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 07:35 PM
..plano sucks...

if you read what I said, I gave an objective analysis of Dallas.
Its not the greatest city out there.
...it does however have the Dallas Mavericks

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Unlike a Detroit, Dallas is to a large extent a glamorous city ala Los Angeles

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

The only reason I can bare this 'glamorous' city of Dallas is because I'm on the road 8 months of the year for work.

It takes at least 30 minutes to go anywhere, even in the middle of the night. Gas is 30 cents higher than the rest of Texas. The city council makes my kindergarten class council look intelligent. The only nice parts of 'Dallas' aren't even in city limits :lol

Dallas is the ass crack of Ft. Worth. Glamorous. :lol The only thing glamorous in this town are all the fake boobs at the strip clubs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 07:39 PM

I live and work in Plano, that doesn't change my observations of the city of Dallas. Plano, Frisco, Allen, Carrolton, Addison > Dallas.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 07:42 PM
haha...aggie are you white trash?
this guy loves ft. worth, cow town, texas.
if I had to live in Ft. Worth, suicide would be a viable option.

Than again, I don't watch Nascar, follow pro wrestling, or attend events on the blue collar comedy tour.

....gig 'em little buddy!

ps... please stop using those little animations in your posts. I think they are annoying so I don't use them, but than again, i'm not gay.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 07:45 PM
"I live and work in Plano, that doesn't change my observations of the city of Dallas. Plano, Frisco, Allen, Carrolton, Addison > Dallas"--aggie
----------------------------------------------------------------
honestly man, this is the statement of suburban trash who has never lived in an urban setting and knows no other way of life.

I feel sorry for you if you really believe any of this.

I am glad for you that you have been raised amongst white picket fences and shopping malls and have embraced it so wholeheartedly.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
White trash? LOL.

I work in IT as a project manager. Yeah, that's really white trash :rolleyes

I guess you've never been down to Sundance Square in downtown Ft. Worth. The clubbing and bar scene there >>>>>>>>>>>> anything in Dallas, not to mention the fact the women there don't walk around with a stick up their ass like all the fake bakes in Dallas.

I'll give you this - you picked the right user name.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 07:48 PM
honestly man, this is the statement of suburban trash who has never lived in an urban setting and knows no other way of life.

Suburban trash? I lived in downtown Ft. Worth for six months, nothing suburban about that.

I feel sorry for you if you really believe any of this.

I am glad for you that you have been raised amongst white picket fences and shopping malls and have embraced it so wholeheartedly.

Believe it? It's called observations. Some of us know how to use our brains for something than wasteing crack and pot on.

No white picket fences, but it's nice to not have to worry about getting mugged or shot. I'll give you this - if you like living in a van down by the river, south central Dallas is the place for you.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 07:50 PM
"The clubbing and bar scene there >>>>>>>>>>>> anything in Dallas"--aggie
---------------------------------------------------------------------
hehe...too funny.
I am not really an advocate for the Dallas nightlife scene.

Dude, do you want to go "clubbing" and drop some exstacy???? We will go out dancing all night!!!!!!!!!!

So where does Allen have Dallas covered?
The reason you are losing this argument is becuase you have an agenda and aren't objective...im not gonna lie to you and tell you i'd rather live in eagle pass than SA.

i dont care what yr profession is...white trash comes from all socioeconomic levels.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 07:52 PM
No white picket fences, but it's nice to not have to worry about getting mugged or shot. I'll give you this - if you like living in a van down by the river, south central Dallas is the place for you." aggie
Some of us know how to use our brains for something than wasteing crack and pot on.
" aggie

Wow...listen to this guy's bold pronouncements sitting in his ivory tower in the suburbs. it must be nice to be so sheltered from the realities of society and the world.

i don't think you are coming across very well with statements like this. congratulations on your smug sense of superiority in living a charmed life.

Melmart1
05-31-2006, 07:55 PM
ps... please stop using those little animations in your posts. I think they are annoying so I don't use them, but than again, i'm not gay.

Wow, advice on how to post from someone who doesn't even know how to use the quote button. Mav fan's contradictions know no end...

PS- :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Melmart, im not here because I am a computer expert.
You've got me there.

My posts are simple text; thats sufficient to get my points across.
I make it a point to not queer them up with superfluous animations and such.
I'm sorry if you would prefer I included such things as a means to hold your smallish attention span.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 08:00 PM
pussyface... the copious use of silicon and bleach does not make a place "glamorous." And :lmao at you waxing poetic about the "urban scene" in Dallas.

milkyway21
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
San Antonio was picked as the team respondents would most-like to play for at 13 percent, followed by Miami (11 percent).

Tim Duncan & ShaQ are still the top dogs in this generation who could lead a team to winning a ring. Plantar Pasciitis or bad toes doesn't matter :angel

though S.A.'s loss in the WC semi this yr might decrease by at least 2% and LeBron's Cavs may increase a little bit because he's young and shown composure battling defensive team like Detroit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Dude, do you want to go "clubbing" and drop some exstacy???? We will go out dancing all night!!!!!!!!!!

You're a real moron. Like I said, pussyface is a great nickname. To me, girls + dancing = clubbing. I'm sorry your two left feet don't permit you to enjoy a good night of working the dance floor with a hot woman. But you've always got those rosy palms, so to each his own.

So where does Allen have Dallas covered?

Um, it's not Dallas. Game over.

The reason you are losing this argument is becuase you have an agenda and aren't objective...im not gonna lie to you and tell you i'd rather live in eagle pass than SA.

Riiiiiiiiight, you're so fucking objective with your "Dallas is glamorous, SA is a shithole' talk. Fucking goob. The only person who thinks I'm losing this is you, and judging from your rather limited mental capacity, that's not surprising.

i dont care what yr profession is...white trash comes from all socioeconomic levels.

So define white trash for me. I'd love to hear it.

Wow...listen to this guy's bold pronouncements sitting in his ivory tower in the suburbs. it must be nice to be so sheltered from the realities of society and the world.

Well yeah, that's kind of the idea behind staying in school and getting a college degree - not having to live in the slums and being able to provide a safe place to live and grow up for your family. What's your idea of providing for your family? Siphoning rain water from the gutters of your double wide?

i don't think you are coming across very well with statements like this. congratulations on your smug sense of superiority in living a charmed life.

What statements are those? Dallas is a fucking dirty city. The 'upscale' part of town is generally made up of people who are way too full of themselves to be around in any way. Lots of women are fake bake, fake boobs, collagen, botox, and 5 pounds of make up.

Then you've got all the hypocrites that go to church every Sunday, won't vote to lift the liquor laws, and yet are out Saturday night getting coked up and doing lines off the chests of strippers. Bible thumpers unite!

Then you've got all the $30K millionaires that are in debt up to their eyeballs and living on credit cards maxed out at 18% interest.

Yeah, Dallas is a fucking awesome town, 'glamorous' even. I mean you're talking about a town that inspires usernames like pussyface and owners like Cuban.

What a fucking 'glamorous' town :rolleyes

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM
dallas is a "glamour" city.
thats might not be a good thing.
if you want to argue that (bleached blondes, boob jobs etc) than you may have a great point.

but...my point stands...conventional wisdom holds that Dallas is glamorous, not "down home" or "soulful" or however other cities might be decribed.

not really a matter of my opinion, and i've gone on record with my objections to Dallas as a city.

but...all of your criticisms could apply to other "glamorous" cities, with the obvious example being LA.

Slinkyman
05-31-2006, 08:05 PM
I think it's about time to lock this bitch.

Melmart1
05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
My question is- beyond weak city smack that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL INTENT OF THIS THREAD, does pussyface have anything to add? Cus this is getting beyond ridiculous.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
"I'm sorry your two left feet don't permit you to enjoy a good night of working the dance floor with a hot woman."--aggie
Oh man....I should just let you keep typing...do you realize how much of a tool you are for allowing these words to be attributed to you? hehehe...
----------------------------------------------------------------
"Define white trash."--aggie
Someone who believes Ft. Worth is an outstanding city.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:09 PM
melmart, im dissapointed you feel that way.
aggie and i are obviously getting into it, but I feel that i've generally made some pretty cogent, objective points in this thread.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Glamorous isn't the term most people use to describe Dallas. Fake, pretentious, snobby, yeah. Glamorous, not so much.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
"I'm sorry your two left feet don't permit you to enjoy a good night of working the dance floor with a hot woman."--aggie
Oh man....I should just let you keep typing...do you realize how much of a tool you are for allowing these words to be attributed to you? hehehe...

:lmao Yeah, what am I thinking? Dancing with women? I must be crazy. When's your next Dungeons and Dragons party? Sign me up.

Melmart1
05-31-2006, 08:11 PM
melmart, im dissapointed you feel that way.
aggie and i are obviously getting into it, but I feel that i've generally made some pretty cogent, objective points in this thread.

Yes, because accusing me of having a short attention span is totally objective considering you have never met me :rolleyes

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:11 PM
...people would describe Hollywood or Beverly Hills or South Beach the same way, for instance.
However...that doesnt mean that it would be "wrong" to assert that Holllywood or BH or SB is generally considered to be a place of glamour.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:12 PM
"Define white trash."--aggie
Someone who believes Ft. Worth is an outstanding city.

Yet one of the best bars in Ft. Worth was copied for a bar in Dallas.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:12 PM
melmart- I suspect anyone with as much of an affinity for little animated cute things in every post has a somewhat limited attention span

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:13 PM
..people would describe Hollywood or Beverly Hills or South Beach the same way, for instance.
However...that doesnt mean that it would be "wrong" to assert that Holllywood or BH or SB is generally considered to be a place of glamour.

South Beach is very much a place one would think of as glamorous or star struck. Dallas, no.

(and I speak having spent some time in Miami, and it blows Dallas off the face of the earth as far as being a great and 'glamorous' city).

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Yet one of the best bars in Ft. Worth was copied for a bar in Dallas---aggs

hehe...are you serious? you are grasping at straws man.
okay...i concede...this proves the overall cultural superiority of Ft. Worth to Dallas.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
Aggs-
my point is that the things being used in this thread to discredit Dallas as not glamorous-cocaine, boob jobs, fake tanning- could be just as easily said of the most obviously glamorous destinations out there.

Even many people who might totally disagree with me might agree that I am arguing my points far more effectively than you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm not grasping at straws, that was what some of us big kids call an exaggeration.

The point remains the same, the cultural center of downtown Ft. Worth (Sun Dance Square) trumps anything Dallas can put together (I guess lower Greenville is about as close as you can get to Sundance).

I'm looking for a little more culturally than how many different flavors of weed I can buy, which seems to be what you're basing your observations on.

Slinkyman
05-31-2006, 08:16 PM
No way is Dallas glamorous, do you think people on the west or east coast give a shit about dallas? it's just another hick town in texas to them.

milkyway21
05-31-2006, 08:18 PM
this is a good thread topic, gone bad:lol

but pls don't lock this one Kori.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Aggs-
my point is that the things being used in this thread to discredit Dallas as not glamorous-cocaine, boob jobs, fake tanning- could be just as easily said of the most obviously glamorous destinations out there.

Even many people who might totally disagree with me might agree that I am arguing my points far more effectively than you.
You're right, Knox-Henderson is right up there with Rodeo Drive or Times Square or Lakeshore Drive. Lake Ray Hubbard might as well be South Beach. Fair Park is THE place for celebrities to be seen. All the beautiful people came out for the Borders bookstore opening on Mockingbird. What a town.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 08:25 PM
No way is Dallas glamorous, do you think people on the west or east coast give a shit about dallas? it's just another hick town in texas to them.
No, no, you're wrong -- as they're flying over, they all look down in awe and say, "Oh look, there's Dallas. So glamorous."

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Aggs-

Have you been to South Beach? Dallas cannot hold a candle to Miami or South Beach. It's not even close. :lol

Yeah, calling San Antonio a shithole is a very effective argument. Or saying that a guy who enjoys dancing with hot women is stupid. Or that anyone who likes Ft. Worth is white trash.

Funny, Nash and Dirk were known to frequent a certain club and two bars in downtown Ft. Worth, I guess your boy Nowitzki is white trash too. LOL.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm in a field which I've never heard anyone consider white trash, in fact it's pretty high on the scale of professionals. In this profession there are lots of conventions and seminars to attend. Popular large convention sites include NYC, Boston, Washington, Chicago, Las Vegas, LA. Smaller venue sites include Portland, Seattle, Phoenix/Scottsdale, San Antonio. Seminar site favorites are places like Santa Fe, Aspen and Vail, Sedona, Cour D'Ailene, Carmel, etc.. Nobody really has any interest in going to Dallas. There just is no there there.

Slinkyman
05-31-2006, 08:29 PM
No, no, you're wrong -- as they're flying over, they all look down in awe and say, "Oh look, there's Dallas. So glamorous."

I don't know, i can see Paris Hilton getting on her private jet, her pilot asks, "where to today miss hilton? paris? london? NY?" paris replies, "no, i wanna go some place glamorous... ya know like dallas" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 08:31 PM
I'm in a field which I've never heard anyone consider white trash, in fact it's pretty high on the scale of professionals. In this profession there are lots of conventions and seminars to attend. Popular large convention sites include NYC, Boston, Washington, Chicago, Las Vegas, LA. Smaller venue sites include Portland, Seattle, Phoenix/Scottsdale, San Antonio. Seminar site favorites are places like Santa Fe, Aspen and Vail, Sedona, Cour D'Ailene, Carmel, etc.. Nobody really has any interest in going to Dallas. There just is no there there.
Yes, but are these glamorous conventions and seminars?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM

Add St. Louis to your list. Great downtown.

Spurologist
05-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Didn't know I was opening a tour guide thread

picnroll
05-31-2006, 08:37 PM
St Louis isn't a popular venue for some reason but it's great. I did some training there. St Louis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dallas. There is actually some real history and culture there not a facade of what money buys. Dallas is kind of like a Hollywood set. Step behind the front and there's nothing behind it.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Chances are extremely high this guy has never been to any of the towns he's bitching about.

milkyway21
05-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Didn't know I was opening a tour guide threadexactly! :lol
Bad for tourism.

from what I read here from Aggie I think i don't want to go to Dallas anymore :lmao

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:47 PM
i go to college in new orleans and evacuated last semester to SLU...st. louis is without question a miserable place to live, even my friends from there admit that. anyone who has ever lived in a city with real vibrance knows this, even those that love st. louis sentimentally, etc.

...as I said, Dallas is a second tier city. it is not la/ny/london. it also has a reputation for wealth and glamour, something i'm personally not really too into.

it would be better to try to attack this vulnerability than to continue to beat your heads against the wall and deny the common assumption/conventional wisdom that dallas is on the wealthy/glamorous tip.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Add St. Louis to your list. Great downtown.
Well... Laclede's Landing is bustling, and then there's the Hill, but the latter is not really downtown. Mostly though, once the sun goes down, it's dead down there. People drive in to go to the Cardinals game, then leave.

So I start to question how you define a "great downtown."

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:51 PM
extra stout...
im with you buddy...since when are you into common sense?

im no great Dallas booster, but i'll happily put it up on its merits against St. Louis.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 08:53 PM
it would be better to try to attack this vulnerability than to continue to beat your heads against the wall and deny the common assumption/conventional wisdom that dallas is on the wealthy/glamorous tip.
Dallas may have that in terms of "conventional wisdom," but that's borne out of how things were during the halcyon 1960's and 1970's. Some people (Euro-bumpkins, mostly) think Miami is all art-deco and zoot suiters and flamingos too. It doesn't mean that's what Miami is.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Dallas is a third tier city. Not NYC, not London, not Paris. Then not LA, not Chicago, not Boston, not Philadelphia. You can't throw up a couple of art museums, a symphony hall and an opera house and all of a sudden have depth, history, interest. San Antonio has tons more history and depth than Dallas.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 08:59 PM
hehe...
good point hotshot.
If Dallas is third tier city, what does that make SA? 5th or 6th?
(Not cleveland...not detroit...not tampa... not pittsburgh... hehe)
I think you are tryin to imply that SA is 2nd tier while Dallas is 3rd.
all i can really do is nod my head on this one and say when your right, your right.

Whereas i am providing a levelheaded, sober, and reasonable assesment of my city, you guys are uniformally knee jerk "your town sucks, mine is great."

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 09:03 PM
deny the common assumption/conventional wisdom that dallas is on the wealthy/glamorous tip.

Like I said, none of the wealth resides in Dallas, it all resides north of it.

So I start to question how you define a "great downtown."

Me and a couple of folks from work made a weekend road trip there back at the start of April. We went down to the new Cardinals stadium, the Arch, etc., over to the Anheuser brewery, out to Harrah's to gamble, and back down by the stadium to hang out that night at the bar district, we all had a great time.

Certainly on par with any weekend you could put together in Dallas.

I just want to know what pussyface thinks is so great about this place. Between almost getting run over by all the drunken dumbfucks with a boat out on Lewisville on the weekends, watching the fake bakers apply their eighteenth coat of make up at Tiki Bob's, paying $10 for a beer down on Greenville, explaining to your boss's girlfriend that you don't want to do a line of coke off her best friend's boobs for the fourteenth time that night, and listening to the city council members on the news accuse each other of corruption while they all are standing there with their hands in the fucking cookie jar at the same time, I can't say I see much that is worth writing home about regarding this town.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Dallas is a third tier city. Not NYC, not London, not Paris. Then not LA, not Chicago, not Boston, not Philadelphia. You can't throw up a couple of art museums, a symphony hall and an opera house and all of a sudden have depth, history, interest. San Antonio has tons more history and depth than Dallas.
Philadelphia? What? Talk about your shitholes.

Jdspur20
05-31-2006, 09:05 PM
..plano sucks...

and that means what to the rest of the NBA?, oh wait, there is still the one divsion banner.

oh and by the way, in Dallas, there are the cowboys, and then there's everybuddy else.

picnroll
San Antonio has a uniqueness that makes it interesting. If Dallas were a store it would be Wal Mart, maybe K Mart. San Antonio would be an eclectic botique.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Whereas i am providing a levelheaded, sober, and reasonable assesment of my city, you guys are uniformally knee jerk "your town sucks, mine is great."

Apparently your reading comprehension sucks. Dallas is 'my town', I have a Dallas address. It fucking sucks.

San Antonio is every bit as cultural as Dallas. About the only thing Dallas has on San Antonio is more dumbasses in debt because they bought too much house, too much car, too much boat, and too much coke.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Me and a couple of folks from work made a weekend road trip there back at the start of April. We went down to the new Cardinals stadium, the Arch, etc., over to the Anheuser brewery, out to Harrah's to gamble, and back down by the stadium to hang out that night at the bar district, we all had a great time.
In other words, you hit the tourist attractions. When you lived in SA, did you hang out by the Alamo every Saturday?

Jdspur20
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
I think it's about time to lock this bitch.

lol seriously

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
In other words, you hit the tourist attractions. When you lived in SA, did you hang out by the Alamo every Saturday?

Like I said, great downtown.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 09:11 PM
people...your twisting my words...go back to page 1 and look at what I have said about Dallas as a city, including its various shortcomings.

is there anything about SA that anyone doesnt like?
one thing I have really noticed from posting on this board is that when you guys have the "authority" of having the majority of people on your side, you do not consider the counterarguments that are being made or provide logical counterpoints.

aggie hates dallas because other people that live there do "too much cocaine." sounds really oppressive. the funny thing is that the fact that their are so many of you on this site who have simalar biases so many of you actually believe you are winning this argument intellectually.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Dallas has the diversity of pretty much every growing large American city, and the cultural stuff that goes along with that.

San Antonio has its mellow siesta-funkiness. If somebody is looking for the haute couture hustle-and-bustle urban life, that's not to be found in SA. You have to slow down to half-speed there.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 09:16 PM
...many of you also believe I am responsable for "city smack" talking that you dont like.

i did call SA a shithole.

but when asked to back up my thoughts, i didn't just hide behind "all aspects of Dallas are better than all aspects of SA." I offered a nuanced, idiosyncratic analysis that took both cities to task.

99% of "city smack" has been angry San Antonions trying to diss Dallas to "get back at me."

This won't work because I have an adult relationship with my city; I can appreciate its pros and cons and not just blindly worship and love it like a 3 year old loves their mother.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 09:18 PM
is there anything about SA that anyone doesnt like?
SA has an enormous inferiority complex for whatever reason. It's like the mentality of the wiry little 105-pound Mexican dude who feels like he has to prove something.

But it's not a shithole. El Paso is a shithole. Amarillo is a shithole. Corpus Christi, even with the beach is windblown little shithole. Beaumont I think literally is the asshole of the state of Texas. San Antonio is just a giant Mexican Kurort.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
extra stout...good post man...the last 2.

i think that was a pretty good analysis.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 09:20 PM
aggie hates dallas because other people that live there do "too much cocaine." sounds really oppressive. the funny thing is that the fact that their are so many of you on this site who have simalar biases, many of you actually believe you are winning this argument intellectually.

It's not so much about the coke as it is all the pretentious assholes that are doing the coke.

Plus, it's just a dirty city. Traffic sucks hard, even at 3 AM. Everyone here is so fucking uptight.

Think Ferris Bueller, Cameron/lump of coal/diamond. San Antonio is just way more laid back than Dallas. Same goes for Miami, San Diego, Portland, and Seattle as well.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 09:20 PM
totally agree...wouldnt look to visit Dallas as a tourist or anything

nbascribe
05-31-2006, 09:21 PM
they are only usin us as leverage that a strong ball club is takin interest in them (even though sumtimes we are not) to demand a higher contract, and next thing you know it they will bolt to that team. i really dont care wat they say or the ballers say, put ink to paper then talk.

Next we gonna here that because the Ferarri dealership is TOO FAR AWAY from the Quarry, it's another reason for not coming here. :rolleyes

pussyface
05-31-2006, 09:22 PM
Dallas is dirty?
That seems really ridiculous to me.
My honest perception is that Dallas is really, really, clean...almost too cookie cutter clean.

I live in New Orleans now...that is a dirty city (but a great one).

Russ
05-31-2006, 09:26 PM
My honest perception is that Dallas is really, really, clean...almost too cookie cutter clean.

If Dallas was clean, they'd do more sweeping. :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Dallas is dirty?
That seems really ridiculous to me.

I live in New Orleans now...that is a dirty city (but a great one).

I don't know where you were at in Dallas. Between Irving, Garland, North Richland Hills, anything south of the Trinity, I don't know where you get clean.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 09:30 PM
we can debate which city sucks more ass all day....

ultimately, what makes this thread compelling is that it offers interesting insight into the psychological outlook of the good people of San Antonio.

nbascribe
05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Dallas is a pretty good city.

It's a little high but then again there are more things that would attract free agents there.

San Antonio is a place to 'retire' to because it's still a small town feel but yet has a budging big city populous eager to go 'metro'.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 09:38 PM
It's not so much about the coke as it is all the pretentious assholes that are doing the coke.

Plus, it's just a dirty city. Traffic sucks hard, even at 3 AM. Everyone here is so fucking uptight.

Think Ferris Bueller, Cameron/lump of coal/diamond. San Antonio is just way more laid back than Dallas. Same goes for Miami, San Diego, Portland, and Seattle as well.
San Diego, yes. Very laid back.

Seattle and Portland? Not so much. They're not million-miles-an-hour like New York, but life certainly moves faster than do-it-whenever SA. They're kinda like Europe.

Extra Stout
05-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Oh, BTW, this notion that San Antonio has a low cost of living is sooooo 1997.

johngateswhiteley
05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
san diego is the best city to live in by far, imo, that is if you don't mind the cost of living which is roughly 70+% higher than san antonio. and yeah, san antonio has been getting costlier to live in so it is not as cheap as it use to be, but it's still pretty cheap.

CubanMustGo
05-31-2006, 10:01 PM

Trust me. If you think the COL in SA is high you need to spend some time on either coast.

nbascribe
05-31-2006, 10:09 PM

Newsflash....IT'S 2006!!!

it's one of the main reasons why many people living in Cali are coming here and buying up houses with cash. It's one of the biggest reasons why companies are relocating here; cost of wages are much lower than in other palces in the country.

San Antonio is still TOURIST. Military is cut back. Healthcare field does not have MAJOR growth. The financial aspect for jobs is promising but it requires degreed individuals and that is something that this city does not really have enough of.

Oh and considering that I have TWO places I pay rent for, I can attest to the low cost here. it's one of the reasons why I can do such a venture of fly to home #2 ever two weeks for the weekend.

SequSpur
05-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Pop is a dipshit. Since when did the Spurs organization attract a top free agent for nothing? And no Finley doesn't count.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 10:42 PM
Trust me. If you think the COL in SA is high you need to spend some time on either coast.

Or Dallas.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
aggie, yr flat wrong on 2 counts

cost of living is not high in dallas.

but if it were, that would not be an indication of being a shitty city (it would indicate that competition for resources is high because a lot of people want to be there.)

if high cost of living=shitty city, than city's like NY and London have nothing on Fargo, North Dakota.

nbascribe
05-31-2006, 11:03 PM
Every city has it's high rent districts Aggie.

I could show you an expensive part of Oakland, CA AND an expensive part of Birmingham, AL.

While some states have a higher cost of living than others, on the average Texas is one of the lowest because land is cheaper, wages in general are lower. If you are coming from a city that has a high income and YOU bring that income to TExas, you're living like a king.

T Park
05-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Since when did the Spurs organization attract a top free agent for nothing? And no Finley doesn't count.

lmao

why doesn't he count genius?

Please explain.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 11:12 PM
cost of living is not high in dallas.

:lol Not compared to some places on the west and east coasts. Compared to the rest of the state?

I've got a cousin who is a VP for EDS, and his comments the first time we had dinner after I moved to Dallas: "welcome to Dallas, the city that thinks it's too good for the rest of Texas."

pussyface
05-31-2006, 11:17 PM
"compared to the rest of the state"? i didnt realize we were having a regional conversation.

maybe you should have said "cost of living is high relative to other minor cities in state."

i have a world view that extends beyond the borders of the republic of texas.

...also, i think you accidentally put a gay little smiley face in your last post.

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:19 PM
ultimately, what makes this thread compelling is that it offers interesting insight into the psychological outlook of the good people of San Antonio.

Yes because the opinions of a few posters (some of which don't even live in SA) provides an accurate assessment of a city of over a million people. :rolleyes

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
i have a world view that extends beyond the borders of the republic of texas.

as do I. as someone who has lived in various places, including Europe, I have been happiest here. Does the fact that I love it here mean its the best place ever and you should think so to? No. Does one person calling it a shithole make it so? No. But then again I am supposed to have an inferiority complex because I live here....Extra Stout said so. :rolleyes

T Park
05-31-2006, 11:24 PM
no one finds the irony in a guy named pussy and is a mavs fan?

Come on.....

SequSpur
05-31-2006, 11:25 PM
San Antonio Fucking Sucks.

It's a po dunk town that thrives on lowpaying customer service and now one of the lowest paying auto plant.

No baseball, no football, a shitty dome, a shitty arena in a bad neighborhood, no recreational activities, not enough parks, bike trailes or a solid transportation system.

San Antonio is just plain lacking in everything.

San Antonio is so shitty, we don't even have our own Medicare Fee Schedule for healthcare. Austin does. How shitty is that?

San Antonio is a shithole.

pussyface
"Yes because the opinions of a few posters (some of which don't even live in SA) provides an accurate assessment of a city of over a million people. " samikeyp
no...this is not a scientific study...but an interesting sampling....anecdotal evidence abounds.

I think your in some level of denial if you doubt extra stout's claim that SA people can tend to have a bit of an inferiority complex (even if you personally don't. I lived in Chicago, a great city, but certainly felt the inferiority complex caused by "second city syndrome."

samikeyp
Sequ...and you are still here...why? :)

pussyface
05-31-2006, 11:26 PM
"no one sees the irony of a mavs fan being called pussy?" tpark
Quick! Someone teach TPARK the meaning of the word ironY!
what you are describing does not meet the definition of ironic.

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:27 PM
I think your in some level of denial if you doubt extra stout's claim that SA people can tend to have a bit of an inferiority complex (even if you personally don't. I lived in Chicago, a great city, but certainly felt the inferiority complex caused by "second city syndrome."

Not at all...some people do feel that way...my point was that he was trying to say that ALL people from SA feel that way...I disagree.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 11:28 PM
...of course to say that would be an overgeneraliztion. the point is worthy though.

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:29 PM
the point is invalid because he is implying all when in fact its just some.

SequSpur
05-31-2006, 11:34 PM
Sequ...and you are still here...why? :)

I have no frickin idea. Every day I watch the news and every weekend that goes by doing the same shit, I begin to wonder.

San Antonio Sucks.

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:35 PM
:lol

Sequ rules.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 11:35 PM
SAMIKEYP...you have got to be kidding me...
you are saying that generalizations have no place whatsoever because they are not true across the board? these things take root because there is truth in them. you are crazy.

milkyway21
05-31-2006, 11:42 PM

It's a po dunk town that thrives on lowpaying customer service and now one of the lowest paying auto plant.

No baseball, no football, a shitty dome, a shitty arena in a bad neighborhood, no recreational activities, not enough parks, bike trailes or a solid transportation system.

San Antonio is just plain lacking in everything.

San Antonio is so shitty, we don't even have our own Medicare Fee Schedule for healthcare. Austin does. How shitty is that?

San Antonio is a shithole.:huh

how about having the 3-time NBA Champs San Antonio Spurs team? And the Alamo?

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:42 PM
SAMIKEYP...you have got to be kidding me...
you are saying that generalizations have no place whatsoever because they are not true across the board? these things take root because there is truth in them. you are crazy.

Didn't say that anywhere that I know of...If I did, please show me and I will recant.

I acknowledge Stout's point that there are San Antonians who feel inferior to people in Dallas and Houston. I just don't believe its everyone and I don't believe (again, just an opinion) that its as many people as some might think. Its all good though...this wouldn't be any fun if we all agreed.

I never denied I might be crazy. :lol

SequSpur
05-31-2006, 11:44 PM
:huh

how about having the 3-time NBA Champs San Antonio Spurs team? And the Alamo?

The Alamo sucks.

The Champs are Small Ball Chumps now.

Try again.

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:54 PM
You mean the fact that three championships of which you had no part of doesn't change your mind, Sequ? :lol

milkyway21
05-31-2006, 11:56 PM
The Alamo sucks.

The Champs are Small Ball Chumps now.

Try again.:lol

I'll try after the Spurs wins 4th title again.

Until then...

but hey they(Spurs, esp Duncan), are like the tourist attractions in S.A. inviting good players to join the team to win a ring. How's that sucks? Of course I'm not thinking of a Kobe Bryant who wants a "larger market" but there are other good players out there.

SequSpur
05-31-2006, 11:56 PM
You mean the fact that three championships of which you had no part of doesn't change your mind, Sequ? :lol

Without the Spurs winning, San Antonio has nothing but tortillas, nachos, rice and beans.

That gets old real quick...

Hey, we went to the new Maliks the other day, good food.

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Cool...we need to get the wives and go sometime. If I can convince Erica to go...she is not a big fan of Malik's.

SequSpur
05-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Cool...we need to get the wives and go sometime. If I can convince Erica to go...she is not a big fan of Malik's.

Sure, it's was much better this time. They have the flavor down. I think they are putting pico de gallo in the steak now.. :lol

samikeyp
05-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Very Puro San Antonio :lol

She loved Lion and Rose though....I noticed after Kori planned a GTG there....WOAI followed suit. :)

samikeyp
06-01-2006, 12:00 AM
We need to get Melmart there when she gets back. :)

SequSpur
06-01-2006, 12:01 AM
The Lion and Rose pub was good. I am taking my momma there next week. She is from England, so she'll like the menu, I'm sure.

Yeah, to bad Pop f'ed it up... They were fixin to do some big biz there.

samikeyp
06-01-2006, 12:01 AM
true true

samikeyp
06-01-2006, 12:13 AM
Back to the original topic......

The way the organization conducts themselves and the way it treats players probably had something to do with the results. Good weather for the most part, lower cost of living, no state tax are probably all factors as well. I do know that several former Spurs and even some players that never played for SA have ended up retiring here. When I was 19 I worked at a Mobil station and met Benoit Benjamin that summer. He said he and his wife fell in love with the city and made it their off-season home.

SA Gunslinger
06-01-2006, 12:23 AM
When I was 19 I worked at a Mobil station and met Benoit Benjamin that summer. He said he and his wife fell in love with the city and made it their off-season home.

:lol

That's a blast from the past.

The Spurs draft two of the best bigmen to ever play the game with their lottery picks.

The Clippers get Benoit Benjamin and Michael Olowkandi. It's funny how destiny works.

Louie Vega
06-01-2006, 02:31 AM
...what a shithole.
On a related note, even I will have to admit that Houston is twice the nightmare SA is as a city.
...."

This coming from a person who's city is mostly taken up by that fucken ghetto known as Oak Cliff. Oak Cliff is like 50% of that fake ass city. Dallas better than Houston? SSHHHHIIITTTT!!! Now you are really fooling yourself hoto! I bet you think Dallas is better then New York right? Or how about Hawaii? Maybe you should leave Dallas every once in a while. Let me guess? YOu must live in the Wilmer Hutchins district right?

Louie Vega
06-01-2006, 02:35 AM
San Antonio is a shithole.

I will tell you just like I tell people that complain about living in America! Shut the fuck up and get the fuck out !!!!
Go live in Austin asshole. With their 1 fucken freeway and minor league baseball team.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2006, 02:49 AM
pussyface has never been to Texas.

And San Antonio simply has scoreboard in this survey.

End of thread.

Louie Vega
06-01-2006, 02:59 AM
...what a shithole.

As many here have noted, SA is not an attractive city, but I remember last year when they (ESPN) reported that Houston was the hot destination for free agents. We all know how that worked out for them, making a huge splash with the signing of "Big Shot" Stromile Swift, the man destined to put them over the top as a contender. On a related note, even I will have to admit that Houston is twice the nightmare SA is as a city.

Let's talk about what this is really about. It is about being an ouutright asshole! It is about kicking people who are fans of the Spurs and who live in San Antonio while they are down. You won the series. Finally! What more do you want? To make people feel like shit cause we don't have the fucken Cowgirls or the fucken dallas stars? Come on dude. Your team won. What the fuck more do you want? This is exactly why I don't want the mavs to win the title. You don't know how to win with class. After your team has won a few like the Spurs maybe you will know what that means. But til then, FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ponky
06-01-2006, 03:03 AM
Let's talk about what this is really about. It is about being an ouutright asshole! It is about kicking people who are fans of the Spurs and who live in San Antonio while they are down. You won the series. Finally! What more do you want? To make people feel like shit cause we don't have the fucken Cowgirls or the fucken dallas stars? Come on dude. Your team won. What the fuck more do you want? This is exactly why I don't want the mavs to win the title. You don't know how to win with class. After your team has won a few like the Spurs maybe you will know what that means. But til then, FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you getting so bent out of shape because someone disses your city? Fuck, I live in Austin and go to San Antonio all the time, the city has nothing to do with the Spurs/Mavs rivalry. Gimme a fucking break, your fans have won three championships and missed the boat for the first time since what, last year?!?!?!? How can you be down about that!!?!?!?!

jmard5
06-01-2006, 05:20 AM
...what a shithole.

Because players want to play in a team where they feel they are wanted. A loyal, "true" fan base can do this to you. The players feel respected.

Now a team paired with someone named Cuban... i don't know. :rolleyes

samikeyp
06-01-2006, 06:53 AM
the city has nothing to do with the Spurs/Mavs rivalry.

I think that is why people get pissed. The rivalry should be about basketball, not the respective cities themselves. Talking trash about basketball teams is part of the rivalry, dissing someone's city makes it personal to some.