PDA

View Full Version : 'Die Hard 4' in the works

atxrocker
05-31-2006, 11:10 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/31/film.diehard.reut/index.html

'Die Hard 4' in the works
Studio negotiating with 'Underworld' director

Wednesday, May 31, 2006; Posted: 10:44 a.m. EDT (14:44 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- A fourth "Die Hard" movie is slowly coming together, with Len Wiseman (the "Underworld" films) in talks to direct Bruce Willis in the action franchise.

In "Die Hard 4," Willis' John McClane character comes out of retirement to battle an Internet terrorist organization.

The three "Die Hard" films, which came out in 1988, 1990 and 1995, have earned $740 million worldwide and influenced a generation of action filmmaking. The franchise also made then-TV actor Willis into a bona fide film star.

In recent weeks, producer Arnold Rifkin had hinted that he was looking for a hot, young filmmaker to inject new life into the franchise. Wiseman, whose vampire thriller "Underworld: Evolution" opened at No. 1 in January, fits the bill. He made his feature directorial debut with 2003's "Underworld," both films starring his wife, Kate Beckinsale.

The last "Die Hard" film, "Die Hard: With a Vengeance," was directed by John McTiernan, the biggest name indicted so far in the Hollywood wiretapping scandal involving disgraced celebrity sleuth Anthony Pellicano. He is scheduled to be sentenced in U.S. District Court in July after pleading guilty in April to lying to federal agents.

Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

holy fuck all these old hollywood actors never know when to give up. we got harrison ford filming another indiana jones, sly with rocky and now bruce with die hard. its just fuckin sad.

Trainwreck2100
05-31-2006, 11:14 AM
They got to get Samuel L. back, Zeus was the shit.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2006, 11:32 AM
It might be alright, but it's no Snakes on a Plane.

leemajors
05-31-2006, 11:34 AM
It might be alright, but it's no Snakes on a Plane.

i was pleased with the teaser before x-men, but it really needed more snakes.

sa_butta
05-31-2006, 11:35 AM
holy fuck all these old hollywood actors never know when to give up. we got harrison ford filming another indiana jones, sly with rocky and now bruce with die hard. its just fuckin sad.Why dont they just end it all and make an Old fart All-star Action movie. Begin possible names of this movie.

jman3000
05-31-2006, 11:35 AM
a couple of years ago we had "Terminator 3"... is that it? I just woke up... but what other series can they expand upon? Twins? Hudson Hawk? Tango and Cash? It's getting extremely weak in Hollywood.

Vashner
05-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Let me guess. Bruce Willis shoots someone..?

ShoogarBear
05-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Yippie ki yay

Vashner
05-31-2006, 01:29 PM
I just want something original....

All they can do is sequels or political movies...

Star Wars had most sales ... people camping out.. do you see them making any sci fi?

NOpe.. does not matter what we want.. matters WHAT meathead and hollywood WANT us to view.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2006, 01:33 PM
You're kidding, right? There's not enough Sci-Fi/Comic book stuff?

No, wait, I got it. You're saying corporate America manipulates the public to its will, and doesn't respond to supply and demand.

Cool.

Vashner
05-31-2006, 01:49 PM
No there is not enough sci fi.... on big screen..

Hollywood is not corporate america...

And yea look at how much revenue Star Wars made... $$$

I want ORIGINAL.. not just some crap..

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-31-2006, 01:52 PM
CatWoman wasn't original enough for ya?

Die Harderer will be awesome...

DarkReign
05-31-2006, 02:32 PM
CatWoman wasn't original enough for ya?

Die Harderer will be awesome...

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao