PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of tom cats argh

Vashner
05-31-2006, 03:06 PM
3 tom cats parked outside my house waiting for a female cat that's still nursing a 6 week old kitten.

I tried repellant spray... alarm siren.. throwing rocks etc..

I know you can't blow them away... so what legally can I do??

They have been there 2 nights now without moving.. I beeping hate these cats...

Edit add: To the person that would think I would poision them.. wtf? I said what can I do legally and if I wanted to hurt the kat I have a huge pile of guns I would of blown the fuckers into hamburger meat if that was the intent.

The female is feral and does need to be fixed..

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Anti freeze and a pound of raw meat is the trick I've heard people use, but I'm not sure that falls under the realm of legality.

pache100
05-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Turn your garden hose on as strong as it will go. If you have a spray nozzle, put it on "jet". When they start howling, turn the hose on 'em. Cats HATE WATER. Keep doing that until they get the message. Is the mama cat yours? If so, take her to the vet and have her fixed ASAP; if not, take her in anyway if you can catch her (if the baby is 6 weeks old, it's old enough to be weaned). That will do more than anything to get them to leave the area and stay away.

Sportcamper
05-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Humane Trap (http://www.pestproducts.com/images/52860.jpg)

You can get on of these free from your local animal control shelter... (Or purchase one from a feed & grain store for about $35.00)...A little tuna is all it takes to catch a feral feline...Take the trapped animal to the shelter & catch another...You don’t really want to indiscriminately poison animals...Besides, it is a federal offense.... :rolleyes

midgetonadonkey
05-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Break some glass and put it in a can of tuna.

CosmicCowboy
05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
get a rottweiler...

atxrocker
05-31-2006, 06:03 PM
alley cats are like roaches, tough and wont go away