PDA

View Full Version : Miami in 5? Detroit Cryers Union?

pussyface
05-31-2006, 03:55 PM
This thread is to give people a chance to go on record saying Miami is going to close out an overrated Detroit Pistons squad tonight in the Motor City.

It appears to me, as a dispassionate observor, that the "greatest team of all time" is outmatched by the likes of Antoine Walker, an incredibly skilled, athletic swingman long noted for his incredible dedication to the team concept.

...so I'll be rooting for you guys to extend the series tonight to avoid the prospect of a fully rested Shaq in the Finals. ...but you guys aren't a very good team right now, yes yes?

Also...what is the over/under on Rasheed Wallace contested threes tonight?

MadDog73
05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Says the MavsFan whose team got their ass kicked last night...

Detroit wins tonight, loses Game 6 (even though I bet on vbookie Heat in 7).

BTW, I also said Mavs in 6, so we'll see how that goes...

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:01 PM
...the Mavs are in a fight, no doubt about that...but they're likely to pull out the series down the stretch, no?

The Pistons have failed to show up altogether and have played at a losing pace over an extended number of games (12).

MadDog73
05-31-2006, 04:03 PM
...the Mavs are in a fight, no doubt about that...but they're likely to pull out the series down the stretch, no?

The Pistons have failed to show up altogether and have played at a losing pace over an extended number of games (12).

Dude, read my picks, you'll see how I feel.

I was just pointing out the irony of calling out another team, when your own shit isn't exactly together...

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:07 PM
...the timing could be better, but I have a feeling this may be the last night to rip on this overrated team a bit before they join your Spurs on that mythical fishing trip to Lake Wearethetwobestteamsandweknowitdeepdowninside.

JamStone
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Last 12 games, the Pistons are 6-6. Pistons are playing bad, but that's not a losing pace. Simple addition.

Pistons have not showed up for the last 8 or 9 games. That's actually a good thing. To me, that means a better result if the Pistons actually DO show up. Whether they do remains to be seen.

Pistons deserve to lose the series the way it's gone so far. But, all it takes is one win to turn things around. And, while Mavs fans gloat when their team wins and talks smack when they finally have something to talk about--which is so rare--I as a Pistons fan will take my medicine if my team loses.

Yes, they've sucked for much of the playoffs. Got no problem admitting that. LeBron and Dwyane Wade have been pretty incredible in their own right.

If the Mavs lose, will you be showing your pussface around these messageboards?

WayDowntownBang
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
This thread is to give people a chance to go on record saying Miami is going to close out an overrated Detroit Pistons squad tonight in the Motor City.

Wow.

What a way to go out on a limb. It's 3-1 and you're going to step up.

There's no mystery on why they call you pussyface.

MadDog73
05-31-2006, 04:09 PM
...the timing could be better, but I have a feeling this may be the last night to rip on this overrated team a bit before they join your Spurs on that mythical fishing trip to Lake Wearethetwobestteamsandweknowitdeepdowninside.

Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I like ripping on teams after they've actually lost...

Otherwise you can look like a real fool.

WayDowntownBang
05-31-2006, 04:09 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5341/wadecry2nj.jpg

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:22 PM
Hmm, maybe it's just me, but I like ripping on teams after they've actually lost...

Otherwise you can look like a real fool. ---MadDog

---------------------------------------------------------------
Grow a pair, buddy. Im not into kicking a dead horse...i'll kick it while it at least has a few breaths in its dying lungs, like the Pistons.

By the way...im posting today, the day after the Mavs got beat bad. ...so much for that theory.

Spurs+Pistons= holding hands, giving each other reach arounds while fishing tomorrow at Lake WeAreTheTwoBestTeamsInOurMinds.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-31-2006, 04:24 PM

It appears to me, as a dispassionate observor, that the "greatest team of all time" is outmatched by the likes of Antoine Walker, an incredibly skilled, athletic swingman long noted for his incredible dedication to the team concept.

...so I'll be rooting for you guys to extend the series tonight to avoid the prospect of a fully rested Shaq in the Finals. ...but you guys aren't a very good team right now, yes yes?

Also...what is the over/under on Rasheed Wallace contested threes tonight?

You sure talk alot of trash for a fan of a team tha's never won anything.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Vinnie...
you have been hanging around too many Spurs people lately...

the past does not equal the present.

...miami hadn't won anything either until they embaressed you in this series

trust me, I heard plenty of this backwards logic from Spurs dishing out "we have 3 rings" talk.

MadDog73
05-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Grow a pair, buddy. Im not into kicking a dead horse...i'll kick it while it at least has a few breaths in its dying lungs, like the Pistons.

By the way...im posting today, the day after the Mavs got beat bad. ...so much for that theory.

:lol

Yeah, ragging on a team most people have picked as being gone really "takes a pair."

I'm talking about Karma, bitch. I wouldn't talk about how bad another team sucks, when my team ain't exactly blowing away the opposition. That kind of shit has a tendency to bite you in the ass... but that's just my take.

Feel free to talk smack all you want. I just wouldn't be surprised to see a Suns/Pistons Final (even though I concede it's not likely).

Oh, yeah, and since you're "not into kicking a dead horse", you can concede the Spurs are a great team now. :angel

Vinnie_Johnson
05-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Vinnie...

trust me, I heard plenty of this backwards logic from Spurs dishing out "we have 3 rings" talk.

You guys are dead locked 2-2 The Suns are not going to lay down you might want to get by them and whoever is in the east before you run smack.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-31-2006, 04:59 PM
not matter which team from the east makes it to the big dance.. there gonna come out the winner if detroit reaches the finals then they'll heat up..and if miami makes it then wade will walk right in on the suns defence and shaq will own dallas just like duncan did

Winnipeg_Spur
05-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Calling the Pistons overrated would've been a little gutsier when they were actually playing decent. Right now it's not exactly a big secret that they're playing shitty, so I don't know exactly who is overrating them...

SA Gunslinger
05-31-2006, 06:08 PM
The Pistons need to forget about everything and just play. If they do that, they will win. And if they do win, it's a series again.

The Heat will have a lot of pressure in game six, especially if the Pistons blow them out tonight.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-31-2006, 06:27 PM
The Pistons need to forget about everything and just play. If they do that, they will win. And if they do win, it's a series again.

The Heat will have a lot of pressure in game six, especially if the Pistons blow them out tonight.

Alot of If's but I am with you they can win tonight.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 06:44 PM
"I'm talking about Karma, bitch. I wouldn't talk about how bad another team sucks, when my team ain't exactly blowing away the opposition. That kind of shit has a tendency to bite you in the ass... but that's just my take." MadDog

This comment from someone who considers themselves a logical and reasonable person?

You believe the key to the Suns/Mavs series and who comes out on top is whether or not fans of one team are arrogant about their teams chances?

Im pretty sure logic dictates that it will be players, coaches etc that decide the outcome of the series and not the musings of fans on message boards.

In other news, the world does not revolve around you and your vague notions of "karma."

great "take" cool guy.

In closing, it is funny that you make fun of my name, pussyface, which is clearly a ridiculous name, while you come up with the cliche, dorky "maddog." you score a 0 on the creativity scale, and 10 for overall lameness.

Also, I have concluded that you are not worthy of serious consideration/discussion because you have no allegiance to logic (as evidenced by your ludicrous assertions about "karma") yet you are unflinchingly convinced in your own rightousness.

is anything in this post ringing true or am I 100% wrong?

pussyface
05-31-2006, 06:47 PM
if you want to restore any shred of credibility, I believe a good start would be to take back your comment about the relevance of my personal karma to this series.

bdubya
05-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Calling the Pistons overrated would've been a little gutsier when they were actually playing decent.

But that woulda taken a certain degree of sack.

Screw the bandwagon haters - a historic comeback starts tonight!

GO PISTONS!!!

pussyface
05-31-2006, 07:36 PM
wheres bulldog at?
...that guy

resistanze
05-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Calling the Pistons overrated would've been a little gutsier when they were actually playing decent. Right now it's not exactly a big secret that they're playing shitty, so I don't know exactly who is overrating them...

Good point.

Vizzini
05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Vinnie...

Your team still hasn't won anything. The present = Mavs and Miami with no rings. Talk shit when you've won something.You are a master of the obvious. Miami is kicking Detroit's ass right now. Also, guess what Miami has won if they finish off the Pistons? Nothing. The Pistons won nothing last year. It is about winning titles, not about getting to the Finals.

pussyface
05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
...your only point is that the Mavericks and Heat havent broken all the way through.
This happens to be true.
Doesn't mean its that relevant to anything.

ace3g
05-31-2006, 09:37 PM
looks like this game will go down to the wire

u2sarajevo
05-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey p____face.... I am a Maverick fan. And I am begging you, pleading with you.... to shut the heck up.

Haven't you ever heard of bad karma?

pussyface
05-31-2006, 10:55 PM
no...i don't know how you all get down in sarejevo, but I live in the developed world, post enlightenment era...we have evolved beyond silly superstitions.
i prefer to be rational.

go mavs...u2 sucks

Mavs<Spurs
05-31-2006, 11:56 PM
So, you think that we should judge the future without any connection to the past at all?

Interesting position. So, why then are you throwing the Pistons under the bus again?

Kind of arbitrary to pick exactly 2 weeks as relevant and throw out everything else.

Sounds a lot like special pleading. What can you tell me about this...?

pussyface
06-01-2006, 12:00 AM
manu...i dont think you really nailed me here like you might think.
i think we can all, as reasonable, fairminded people, agree that although the history of a given season is relevent, talking about things that transpired in the early 90's is not.

even the detroit guy was sort of feeling me on this one.

Mavs<Spurs
06-01-2006, 12:08 AM
manu...i dont think you really nailed me here like you might think.
i think we can all, as reasonable, fairminded people, agree that although the history of a given season is relevent, talking about things that transpired in the early 90's is not.

even the detroit guy was sort of feeling me on this one.

Let me put it like this: you are making an argument about Detroit being a bad team based upon the last 2 weeks. It seems a little inconsistent, therefore, to criticize Detroit fans for making an argument that Detroit is a championship team because of the last 2 or 3 years because they are using a historical argument.

Let's accept the supposition that winning 2 championships in the early 90's does not have a causative relationship with winning a championship this year.

An inconsistency in your position appears to remain.

We both are using historical arguments to support our point of view. However, the difference between us is that you claim that my use of historical argument is invalid and that historical arguments in general are invalid as support of a given position.

Therefore, is it not the case, that if your argument is true, then it is false? Do you not have a self contradiction in your argument?

:fro

Mavs<Spurs
06-01-2006, 12:15 AM
It appears to me that you have several different propositions being true at the same time (at least 1 of them is wrong).

First, historical arguments used to support a certain point of view are invalid.

Second, the Pistons are not a championship caliber team because of their losses in the last couple of weeks.

Third, one may use historical arguments to a certain extent, just do it reasonably (and I alone am able to determine what qualifies as reasonable).

If you recant the first, then you must admit that it is as legitimate for me to use the last couple of years as evidence for my position or demonstrate why you are not engaged in special pleading (2 weeks is relevant but 2 years is not).

If you don't recant the first, then propositions 2 and 3 are not valid.

Help, please.

pussyface
06-01-2006, 12:21 AM
you believe that having won a title 16 years ago helps estabish that a team in 2006 is a true contender.

my point is that the more recent the history is, the more relevent it is. nothing is more relevent for detroit than their last 10 games.

i never said detroit was a "bad" team. just that they werent ever really gonna win the title and were a mirage.

read my response to you in the thread "game 7." i had spurs and pistons fans alike amening me on the idea that you are misguided.

Mavs<Spurs
06-01-2006, 12:21 AM
It appears to me that you have several different propositions being true at the same time (at least 1 of them is wrong).

First, historical arguments used to support a certain point of view are invalid.

Second, the Pistons are not a championship caliber team because of their losses in the last couple of weeks.

Third, one may use historical arguments to a certain extent, just do it reasonably (and I alone am able to determine what qualifies as reasonable).

If you recant the first, then you must admit that it is as legitimate for me to use the last couple of years as evidence for my position or demonstrate why you are not engaged in special pleading (2 weeks is relevant but 2 years is not).

If you don't recant the first, then propositions 2 and 3 are not valid.

Help, please.

Well, no help appears to be forthcoming.

So, I maintain my position that since this is the same starting five that won it all in 2004 and was minutes away from winning it all in 2005 and had the best record in the league, that it is legitimate to consider the Pistons a championship caliber team (at least until they lose a series whenever that is).

pussyface
06-01-2006, 12:23 AM
read my post.

you sir, are an idiot.
dont overthink it...your just crazy.

pussyface
06-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Read my post about Flip and the boys in the Game 7 thread you prematurely started.

Mavs<Spurs
06-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey p____face.... I am a Maverick fan. And I am begging you, pleading with you.... to shut the heck up.

Haven't you ever heard of bad karma?

No just bad logic.

pussyface
06-01-2006, 12:24 AM
you must be 50+, yes? you have a dad sense of humor.

pussyface
06-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Me: Detroit has historically won 3 nba titles, therefore this years flip saunder's helmed edition is championship caliber.

this is a team that lost its identity as a defensive power by using a fraudulent offense to rack up a ton of wins in the regular season. that record was misleading... most people will agree with me especially after these guys season ends in game 6.

Going 7 with the Cavs is disgraceful. Lebron will someday be an alltime great, but that team of his is garbage. a great team should dismantle one superstar.

...lets not talk about about how the Pistons won a title in 1990 or whenever because its not relevent. I guess you would give Dirk and these Mavs more credit if Rolondo Blackman had led the Mavs to a title in the 1980's. This is just stupid. I capatalized/emphasized that Detroit hadnt shown championship pedigree in the postseason THIS YEAR in my original post to avoid this type of idiocy.

At the end of the day, you can always "you havent ever won anything" to Dallas (at least for another week or two), but if theres any lesson you could have learned from this years postseason it might have been the past does not equal the present.

The 2006 Detroit Pistons were a mirage... they were never gonna win the NBA title.

Good post alot of good points but as a Piston fan I know this team and don't count them out yet. I may eat my words but they have been down this road.-vinnie johnson

Mavs<Spurs
06-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Read my post about Flip and the boys in the Game 7 thread you prematurely started.

premature?

My demise has been greatly exaggerated.

For three points, please tell me where I can find that quotation (or paraphrase-)?

Mavs<Spurs
06-01-2006, 12:28 AM
you must be 50+, yes? you have a dad sense of humor.

No, I'm nowhere remotely close to 50.

Let's not go there, okay.

BTW, just 4 your information,

your does not = you are (from one of your posts higher up)

Burn531
06-01-2006, 12:30 AM
"greatest team of all time" .

Where the hell did that come from?

Mavs<Spurs
06-01-2006, 12:34 AM
read my post.

you sir, are an idiot.
dont overthink it...your just crazy.

your crazy is incorrect.

you are illiterate.

And you still have not decided which of your 3 propositions is false.

Still waiting. Not going anywhere for a while (snickers commerical)???

BTW, I already said to accept the supposition that winning 2 championships in the 1990's does not have a causal relationship with winning a championship this year.

Now, are all historical arguments (including ones that rely on facts about the same starting 5 that they have now) invalid or only the ones where you pick and choose (including arbitrarily limiting the acceptable time spans)?

Mavs<Spurs
06-01-2006, 12:39 AM
It seems that most of the Mavs fans who post do not reason well.
They repeatedly violate logic rules in their arguments.

Perhaps this occurs because of the Mavericks history.
Or perhaps this explains why they are Mavericks fans.

pussyface
06-01-2006, 12:41 AM
BTW, I already said to accept the supposition that winning 2 championships in the 1990's does not have a causal relationship with winning a championship this year. "-the manu

as long as you are ready to admit that Bill Lambeer is not relevent to this series, I am satisfied to end this discussion.

...i am sincerely glad that I finally was able to get through to you...you are a tough nut to crack.

Wallace ²
06-01-2006, 05:49 AM

Did you just use the words "Athletic" and "Antoine Walker" in the same sentence? What player are you watching?

MadDog73
06-01-2006, 09:01 AM

My name is 100% uncreative, as is my "Bandwagon Fan" label... that's about all you got right.

About Karma: of course, logically, I don't believe in Karma. But the Spurs only win Championships when I'm worried sick about it happening. Whenever I'm overconfident (in 2000, 2001, 2004, and 2006) they lose. (2002 was an aberration I cannot explain) :rolleyes

I actually enjoy your takes, and believe me, I'm just having fun.

I'm sticking with Heat in 6, and Mavs in 7, despite the fact that either series could go either way.

pussyface
06-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Wallace: my comments on Walker were sarcastic, such as my compliment about how he is long known for his dedication to the concept of team basketball.

Mavs fans don't respect Walker that much.

If he beats the Mavs i'll never recover

Axe Murderer
06-26-2011, 06:25 PM
"I'm talking about Karma, bitch. I wouldn't talk about how bad another team sucks, when my team ain't exactly blowing away the opposition. That kind of shit has a tendency to bite you in the ass... but that's just my take." MadDog

This comment from someone who considers themselves a logical and reasonable person?

You believe the key to the Suns/Mavs series and who comes out on top is whether or not fans of one team are arrogant about their teams chances?

Im pretty sure logic dictates that it will be players, coaches etc that decide the outcome of the series and not the musings of fans on message boards.

In other news, the world does not revolve around you and your vague notions of "karma."

great "take" cool guy.

In closing, it is funny that you make fun of my name, pussyface, which is clearly a ridiculous name, while you come up with the cliche, dorky "maddog." you score a 0 on the creativity scale, and 10 for overall lameness.

Also, I have concluded that you are not worthy of serious consideration/discussion because you have no allegiance to logic (as evidenced by your ludicrous assertions about "karma") yet you are unflinchingly convinced in your own rightousness.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

DAF86
06-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Wallace: my comments on Walker were sarcastic, such as my compliment about how he is long known for his dedication to the concept of team basketball.

Mavs fans don't respect Walker that much.

If he beats the Mavs i'll never recover

Clear case of bad karma striking, tbh.

Isitjustme?
06-26-2011, 07:38 PM
tbh I lol'd at the same post Axe Murderer did.

Isitjustme?
06-26-2011, 07:43 PM
So what happened to this pussyface guy?

DAF86
06-26-2011, 07:44 PM
He never recovered after Walker beat the Mavs.

Isitjustme?
06-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Hilarious.

Axe Murderer
06-26-2011, 08:08 PM
disappeared off the face of the earth imho

DMC
06-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Jeez. The reach arounds here are becoming almost abusive.

Leetonidas
06-26-2011, 11:32 PM
c-c-c-c-combo breaker!