PDA

View Full Version : Beaten baby 'left for dead' with her murdered family

atxrocker
05-31-2006, 05:00 PM
GARDEN GROVE, California (AP) -- A 1-year-old girl spent up to three days alone with the bloody bodies of her murdered family, her face kicked or beaten and lips cracked from dehydration, police said.

"She was left for dead," Lt. Mike Handfield said Tuesday. "If she would have been here any longer, she could have perished from lack of food and water."

Police found the bodies of a man in his 30s, a woman in her late 20s and a 7-year-old boy on Monday when they conducted a welfare check at the family's home, located on a street lined with two-story, stucco houses about 35 miles southeast of Los Angeles in Orange County.

Police said they expected to release the names of the victims on Wednesday, after autopsies were completed and relatives were notified.

The girl was treated at a hospital for dehydration and facial injuries and taken into protective custody.

The girl smiled at the officer who found her, Handfield said. "She clung to him and he hugged her. She was glad to be next to a warm human body, to have somebody with her."

Because of the girl's dehydrated state, detectives believe the killings may have occurred Friday evening -- the last time the family was heard from.

Investigators did not know the motive for the attack, and no arrests had been made. Authorities did not say what type of weapon was used in the attack but ruled out a murder-suicide.

There were no signs of forced entry, and evidence at the scene suggested that the family knew the attacker or attackers, Handfield said.

The slain man had a history of arrests on nonviolent charges and had once spent time in prison.

Handfield declined to elaborate but said investigators do not believe the crimes were connected to the killings.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/31/left.for.dead.ap/index.html

jman3000
05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
The girl smiled at the officer who found her, Handfield said. "She clung to him and he hugged her. She was glad to be next to a warm human body, to have somebody with her."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/05/31/left.for.dead.ap/index.html

That one kinda choked me up... absolutely horrible.

Old School Chic
05-31-2006, 09:38 PM
What a tragedy... I hope the little baby finds peace and love in a good home.

spurs=bling
05-31-2006, 09:39 PM
:depressed

~Sweetmelody~
05-31-2006, 10:29 PM
OMG- How sad! :(

Vizzini
05-31-2006, 10:37 PM
horrible, absolutely horrible.

Pistons < Spurs
05-31-2006, 11:18 PM
jeezus...and I thought I had a bad day.

Hopefully extended family or adoptive parents will be there for that little girl.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Now that officer can adopt her and we can have a wonderful movie to go spend $5 on. =)

CharlieMac
05-31-2006, 11:44 PM
That shit is unacceptable.

Chief
06-01-2006, 02:42 AM
how sad, may the lord bring peace to that little girl and to her parents and brother.