PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Hunter - stop gap backup PG solution?

picnroll
05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Not my first choce, I'd lke Banks of those the Spurs might afford, but as a stop gap measure Hunter might be a good choice. He's still a hellacious defender, pair him with Bowen and no offense is safe, and he's a competent ballhandler and can distribute some. He's also a FA after the season and he should be relatively cheap at 35 y.o. If Spurs are in a pinch he could hold the fort for a year or two.

exstatic
05-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Lindsey has always been more of a defender and shooter than a PG.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Lindsey will retire a Piston.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 07:38 PM
Lindsey will retire a Piston.
Maybe Hunter wants to get into coaching. No better place to be tutored than SA.

T Park
05-31-2006, 07:48 PM
agreed, Hunter will stay in Detroit.

Look at guys like Bobby Jackson, Speedy Claxton, and others.

Marcus Banks, wtf, the guy couldn't play backup point in Boston, what makes you think he can do it in SA?!?!?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Marcus Banks, wtf, the guy couldn't play backup point in Boston, what makes you think he can do it in SA?!?!?

I feel sorry for people who miss obvious things like a guy starting 50 games and averaging 12 and 5 in Minnesota.

Tpark, you were a lot more fun when you were just spouting personal attacks without attempting basketball talk. Stick with the trash talk.

I'd love to have Marcus here in SA, but no way that the TWolves let him walk, they've got their starting PG for the next 10 years, and I think he'd cost more than we could afford.

Ariel
05-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Apparently Jay Williams is back, and he looked awesome in workouts. There's supposedly a workout report coming soon in DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/) about it. If he is back, he'd be awesome. Of course, I'd expect him to look at other options first (teams who need a PG badly and could showcase him better, like Atlanta or Boston), but a championship caliber team like the Spurs could be an attractive option as well.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Javtokas and Williams would give us the all motorcycle accident team. Rodman could be an alumni.

Ariel
05-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Javtokas and Williams would give us the all motorcycle accident team. Rodman could be an alumni.
Can Rodman rebound even half the way he did? if so, I'd welcome him with open arms as well.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2006, 08:44 PM
I love Hunter as a player, but I doubt he's going anywhere.

strangeweather
05-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Can Rodman rebound even half the way he did? if so, I'd welcome him with open arms as well.
Rodman might still be half of what he was, but I think it's the crazy half, not the rebounding half. Sorry.

timvp
05-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Hunter would be turned into a spot shooter on the Spurs and that'd be gross. He might be the worst shooter in the league out of people who actually shoot from range.

Defensively, I love him.

Hassdabballman
05-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Maybe Hunter wants to get into coaching. No better place to be tutored than SA.

y would he go to SA to coach? Thats like saying duncan will coach in detroit when he's done playing.

FreshPrince22
05-31-2006, 10:40 PM
He'll either be a Piston or he'll retire. He owns a custom car company in Detroit, so I don't see him leaving.

picnroll
05-31-2006, 10:44 PM
y would he go to SA to coach? Thats like saying duncan will coach in detroit when he's done playing.

Players that have tutored under Popovich
Avery Johnson
Terry Porter
Danny Ferry
Mario Elie

Guys that have passed through Detroit
Carlisle
Brown
Saunders
Next ?

Pistons < Spurs
05-31-2006, 10:47 PM
I can definetly see Hunter eventually get into coaching...but as others have said, I believe it will be with the Pistons.

Ariel
05-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Rodman might still be half of what he was, but I think it's the crazy half, not the rebounding half. Sorry.
I wasn't serious about Rodman, dude. But my point is, I don't care how many accidents Robertas Javtokas or Jay Williams have been in, as long as they're reasonably well now.

strangeweather
05-31-2006, 10:58 PM
I can definetly see Hunter eventually get into coaching...but as others have said, I believe it will be with the Pistons.
It's a legit possibility if you guys can settle into a stable coaching situation. It's tough to break in as an assistant coach when the whole staff may get turned over.

strangeweather
05-31-2006, 11:01 PM
I wasn't serious about Rodman, dude.
I know, I was just kidding as well. What is it he's going now -- playing exhibition ball in the Phillipines or something? :lol

But my point is, I don't care how many accidents Robertas Javtokas or Jay Williams have been in, as long as they're reasonably well now.
:tu Jay Williams would be a total coup if he can really play again.

Buddy Holly
05-31-2006, 11:06 PM

Why?

He may end up coaching New York or Toronto or Cleveland or Utah or Miami.

Just because the guy lives there doesn't mean he'll coach there.

milkyway21
05-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Not my first choce, I'd lke Banks of those the Spurs might afford, but as a stop gap measure Hunter might be a good choice. He's still a hellacious defender, pair him with Bowen and no offense is safe, and he's a competent ballhandler and can distribute some. He's also a FA after the season and he should be relatively cheap at 35 y.o. If Spurs are in a pinch he could hold the fort for a year or two.picnroll, i thought we're going "younger" this time?

He's OLD. :oops

Pistons < Spurs
05-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Why?

He may end up coaching New York or Toronto or Cleveland or Utah or Miami.

Just because the guy lives there doesn't mean he'll coach there.

He's been a detroiter for a long time. Even when he was playing in LA and elsewhere. As mentioned, he does have his buisness here already. But my biggest reason is becasue of the close friendship he and Dumars are suposed to have. Joe D IMO would love to give him that opportunity....and to have him on his bench as he trusts and understands the way he thinks. I think Joe would love to have a guy like Hunter w/ the bunch of kids we have on the team right now ( Acker/Maxiell/Jojhnson). but that's all just opinion. we shall see...but if there was any player on this team that I'd expect to stay in Detroit, it would absolutely be Lindsay.

SequSpur
05-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Hunter sucks.

JamStone
05-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Hunter does suck. He's solid on defense. And, he'll have a good offensive game once every four to six games. But, he pretty much sucks now.

He sucks and he's still one of the top 10 back-up point guards in the league, maybe better. That's how bad basketball players are these days. Point guards suck nowadays. There are only like five or so pure point guards in the league. And, only a couple of them are actually any good.

I like Lindsey Hunter. But, yeah, Hunter sucks.

FreshPrince22
05-31-2006, 11:51 PM
Hunter sucks.

He's a game changer. A spark. He won't put up flashy numbers, but he makes those momentum changing plays constantly in big moments. Every time someone wants to call him washed up he comes up huge. For this team that absolutely needs energy to win, he's invaluable.

bdubya
06-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Carlisle
Brown
Saunders
Next ?

Laimbeer.

SequSpur
06-01-2006, 12:03 AM
He's a game changer. A spark. He won't put up flashy numbers, but he makes those momentum changing plays constantly in big moments. Every time someone wants to call him washed up he comes up huge. For this team that absolutely needs energy to win, he's invaluable.

Yeah sure bro....... :rolleyes

SA Gunslinger
06-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I remember Lindsey Hunter was a scorer when he first broke into the league.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-01-2006, 01:15 AM
I'm not a fan of his.

But he's a superb defender. He really gets into people's grills. I'd take him.

ABDENOUR POWER
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Laimbeer.

Yep.