PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Trade Nevin

Melmart1
05-31-2006, 09:49 PM
I know, there are only maybe 5 people here who care, but the Rangers traded problem child Phil Nevin to the Cubs for their supposed problem child, Jerry Hairston, Jr.

LINK (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14708862.htm)

I think this is an excellent trade. Nevin has hit just over .200 for the Rangers since he came. Even if the Rangers pay a part of his salary, this saves them money overall and also clears the way for Jason Botts to finally stay in the majors instead of going back to AAA. Botts has a lot of potential and I like the though of him getting some regular at-bats.

I don't get what the Cubbies want with him though. Obviously they don't need a DH, and its been two years since Nevin played 1B, plus Derek Lee is supposed to be coming back soon.

Oh, and I will never regret having Nevin a Ranger, even if he sucked and was a whiney beyotch. Anyone we can get in exchange for Chan Ho Park is a-OK with me.

T Park
05-31-2006, 10:27 PM
The Cubs need a first baseman.

Bad.

Getting hairston IMO just is a bench move.

Hoping he finally fulfills that "potential"

Phil Nevin's decline is just unreal, dude was a walking god 3 years ago here in SD.

Now, hes being traded to the cubs.

Yikes.

Melmart1
05-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Ya know, the Rangers thought highly of Nevin when they traded for him. They figured in a hitter-friendly park like Ameriquest that he would get his groove back. He had a kick-ass April and really did help the team get over that 1-7 start. But as his BA declined, so did his attitude. I think Nevin would be a Ranger still today if his attitude wasn't so shitty.

The Rangers have to take advantage of the weak-ass AL West by staying ahead of the pack. Having a cancer in the locker room is not the way to do it.

Spurminator
05-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Roids.