PDA

View Full Version : How good are the WNBA Phoenix Mercury?

angel_luv
05-31-2006, 10:07 PM
The San Antonio Silver Stars are beating them by 14 in the 3rd quarter

Should I be impressed or no?

T Park
05-31-2006, 10:40 PM
if the Silver Stars are beating anyone by 14, good shot that the other team is either really off, or the other team sucks badly.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Actually the Silver Stars are supposed to be good this year.

I think tonight was their 3rd win already. Usually it takes 20 games or so before they get to 3 wins :) so they must be better than they've been in the last couple years.

pache100
06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
The San Antonio Silver Stars are beating them by 14 in the 3rd quarter

Should I be impressed or no?

I'm impressed with the Silver Stars so far this year. They beat the Houston Comets in their first game, and that was HUGE. Last year was tough, but I think they have been on track to improvement since Margo Didek was traded; it could have only gotten better (what a waste of good oxygen that woman is).

spurschick
06-01-2006, 06:53 PM
The Stars look good this year. Their home opener was against Indiana, who is really good. The Stars were down by 14 at the half, but got within 9 by the end. The only reason I was impressed by that is because Indiana is clearly the best team in the league and the Stars were able to stay with them in the second half without getting completely blown out.

There are those that say the Stars have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

CubanMustGo
06-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Heck, they are up to #6 in the latest power rankings (http://www.wnba.com/features/powerrankings_060606.html) (has to be an all-time high) and are 4-0 on the road (ditto). Now if they can just get some W's at home.

Beating the last two champions back-to-back on their home floors is not something we have come to expect from the Silver Stars. Stay healthy, ladies.