PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Pistons recent decline

Dunc
05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
The local sports radio guy in the morning plays this game called "what if?" every so often. As you might assume from the name, he supplies you with a scenario that could have happened but didn't (what if the Pistons drafted D-Wade, for instance), and then callers call up and supply possible outcomes. If that makes sense. Anyway, I've been thinking about this lately. My question to you is:

What if the Pistons didn't blow the 10 point lead in the second half of game 3 against Cleveland? They go up 3-0 in that series, they take away Cleveland's momentum from the big 4th Q run they made in game 2, and maybe we're looking at the Pistons sweeping the Cavs instead of going to 7 games. Just something to ponder.

That said, I still say Pistons over Heat in 7 :)

Vizzini
05-31-2006, 10:30 PM
It is something to ponder, but any team can do that at any time and get better results. It is all still candy and nuts to me, and Christmas is a long way off.

Mavs<Spurs
05-31-2006, 10:43 PM
That sounds pretty cool.

If Sheed didn't hurt his ankle, the Cavs series would have ended sooner. It definitely affected his shot (he was like 1 for 9 or something after the injury). I know that affects your shot. Everybody that plays knows your ankle affects your shot because you can't plant your feet and step into your shot. People that don't play don't realize how much of your shot depends on your legs. Besides that, your options are limited. Defenders don't have to worry about your driving to the hoop. Also, you can't get the same kind of elevation on your post moves (turnaround...).

That's real. It affected the game and it was not a mistake the Pistons made or the other team forced. It just happened.

What would this series be if Sheed were not injured?

This stuff does not happen in a vacuum. It affects the outcomes and you can't just pretend that it doesn't matter or didn't affect who won.

It is what is.

I am right there with Dunc, Pistons in 7.

:fro