PDA

View Full Version : Ruby Tuesday Commercials

davi78239
05-31-2006, 11:26 PM
What's up with all these Ruby Tuesday commercials? We don't have any in our market, but yet lately there have been a lot of them on certain channels. Maybe we're going to get some in the future. I don't know.

snowboarder
05-31-2006, 11:41 PM
same here in california, none here but they still advertise

KEDA
06-01-2006, 12:09 AM
I ate at one in Baton Rouge, it was ehhhh

reminded me of a Fridays, Bennigans, Chilis.

jman3000
06-01-2006, 12:50 AM
I ate at one in Baton Rouge, it was ehhhh

reminded me of a Fridays, Bennigans, Chilis.

To me all those places are basically the same thing... all that crap on the wall and a bar qualifies em.

1Parker1
06-01-2006, 08:41 AM
You guys don't have a Ruby Tuesdays?

It's ok...they have a GREAT salad bar. :tu

batman2883
06-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Isnt There One In The Forum?

1Parker1
06-01-2006, 08:43 AM
I don't get it...:wtf

pache100
06-01-2006, 08:53 AM
What's up with all these Ruby Tuesday commercials? We don't have any in our market, but yet lately there have been a lot of them on certain channels. Maybe we're going to get some in the future. I don't know.

I had heard there was one on the NW side, but I couldn't find any listing for it within 50 miles. I am really surprised they don't have one in Austin.

I ate at one in Savannah GA a couple of years ago because it was about a block from our hotel. It was pretty decent. They have a great selection of burgers and the one I had was very good (mushroom swiss, I think). Those silver dollar burgers they show on the commercials look very good. I don't know why the local stations don't block that national advertisement since we don't have them. I do remember though, that they showed commercials here for Boston Market a long time before they came to town; what's up with them, did they all close up? I know there were a couple of locations here, but I don't find listings for them, either.

We also still get occasional KMart commercials, and we don't have those, either.

No. Just about everything else, but no Ruby Tuesday.

1Parker1
06-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Ruby Tuesday's Burgers are HUGE. They litterally put a steak knife in the middle of it when they give it to you. I can't even eat HALF of it. But they do have a wide array of burger selections of any style (I even tried their Mama Mia Pizza Burger which was pretty good)

travis2
06-01-2006, 08:57 AM
There used to be one in Ingram Park Mall...is it no longer there?

PeterBurns
06-01-2006, 10:16 AM
It's an Regional Ad.
What they do is buy bulk advertising in regions. San Antonio is a part of that region.
Occasionally you can still see a Kmart commercial that part of a national buy also.

SpursWoman
06-01-2006, 11:16 AM

:lol

I asked User the same thing when we saw that commercial, because he works right by there and always goes somewhere in the Forum for lunch.

It's a Red Robbin or something like that....I mistook it for a Ruby Tuesday's...

pache100
06-01-2006, 11:58 AM
:lol

I asked User the same thing when we saw that commercial, because he works right by there and always goes somewhere in the Forum for lunch.

It's a Red Robbin or something like that....I mistook it for a Ruby Tuesday's...

Yep, there's a Red Robbin there. I have to say I like Ruby Tuesday better than Red Robbin (I don't get the fascination with that place).

2Blonde
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=pache100]We also still get occasional KMart commercials, and we don't have those, either.[QUOTE]

I love that new Kmart commercial with the father showing off his weight loss by wearing his old gym shorts from the 70's/80's era. When he asks if anyone wants ice cream and bends over, I loose it every time :lmao :lmao

pache100
06-01-2006, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=pache100]We also still get occasional KMart commercials, and we don't have those, either.[QUOTE]

I love that new Kmart commercial with the father showing off his weight loss by wearing his old gym shorts from the 70's/80's era. When he asks if anyone wants ice cream and bends over, I loose it every time :lmao :lmao

http://i2.tinypic.com/11bn7gh.gif That IS funny!

katyon6th
06-01-2006, 12:41 PM

I love that damn commercial!! :lmao

leemajors
06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
they took kmart away, and kmart bought joe boxer. i had to switch to izod boxers because of this.

pache100
06-01-2006, 02:57 PM
they took kmart away, and kmart bought joe boxer. i had to switch to izod boxers because of this.

I have a friend who wore the Jaclyn Smith pantyhose exclusively for years and years. When all the KMarts closed in Houston, she now drives to Lufkin to buy her pantyhose. :rolleyes I don't like any pantyhose that much.

Melmart1
06-01-2006, 03:06 PM
There is a Red Robin in San Antonio? I had no clue. I used to eat there all the time when I lived in Seattle. They had one right on the waterfront and it was nice cus they didn't charge extra for the 'ambience' like a lot of waterfront restaurants do.

I lived in Virginia for three years and passed by a Ruby Tuesday's every damn day and never once ate in there. But on a road trip I ate at one in Alabama and it was good- couldn't finish the whole hamburger. The salad was kick-ass too.

METALMiKE
06-01-2006, 04:25 PM
their chicken blows here in PA... :(

havent tried the burgers YET.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 04:34 PM
There is a Red Robin in San Antonio?

There's two.

One at the Forum and one at Northwood.