PDA

View Full Version : Guys I would like the Spurs to consider this offseason.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-01-2006, 04:44 AM
These are off the Free Agent list:

Ronald Murray, Cleveland

Has really surprised me this year. He has guarded the other teams top perimeter player at times with some success. He's a scorer, but if he can play defense in Cleveland imagine what he could do here. Also, he can run the point when TP is out of the game. Solid player.

Speedy Claxton, PG, New Orleans

We still have love for you man. Come back! No explanation needed here.

Nazr Mohammed, C, San Antonio

Not going to happen, but if we could keep him that'd be great. He brings length/rebounding to our frontline. He's a good tough kid.

Reggie Evans, PF, Denver

See Timvp's thread.

Bobby Jackson, PG/SG, Memphis

Perfect backup pointguard. He can man-up and guard those tough PG's that TP can't handle. He bring soffensive punch is a mentally tough player. He is what this team could use so badly.

Francisco Elson, Denver (Restricted)

Still can't forget this kid Putting KG in his place. The guy is a good defender and does not mind mixing it up. I think we could get him cheap, too. Him or Evans, Denver has to let one of them go.

Jannero Pargo, Chicago

Not great on offense, but a good defender. Some of you remember back in his LA days when he was one of the few guys in the league that could stick with TP. He's kind of a poor man's Raja Bell.

Lindsey Hunter, Detroit

Annoyin offense, but great defender. Dude is a pest.

Walter McCarty, LA Clippers

Would fit in perfectly next to Tim in our small-ball lineup. Dude can step out and hit the 3, and can step in and guard the bigs. He's a poor man's Robert Horry.

Antonio Davis, Toronto

I still have images of him in Chicago chasing down Brendan Haywood. I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer backpedal that fast. Davis is a beast. One of the toughest players in the league. He could be our enforcer.

polandprzem
06-01-2006, 04:49 AM
Go to sleep already man.

Third same thread :rolleyes. I'm not even reading about the FA :cuss

Please_dont_ban_me
06-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Go to sleep already man.

Third same thread :rolleyes. I'm not even reading about the FA :cuss

Nobody's forcing you to read anything.

polandprzem
06-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Nobody's forcing you to read anything.

Yup. But I have right to make an opinion.

So why not I try to spam all the ST with the same stuff? hmm?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Yup. But I have right to make an opinion.

So why not I try to spam all the ST with the same stuff? hmm?

It's our offseason.

You know what happens in the offseason? Free Agency. So if you have issues with it, I suggest you stop logging onto these boards. Check out the upper right hand of this screen...take your mouse to the little icon that says "log out".

timvp
06-01-2006, 05:20 AM
Ronald Murray, Cleveland

Has really surprised me this year. He has guarded the other teams top perimeter player at times with some success. He's a scorer, but if he can play defense in Cleveland imagine what he could do here. Also, he can run the point when TP is out of the game. Solid player.

Hell No.

Speedy Claxton, PG, New Orleans

We still have love for you man. Come back! No explanation needed here.

Not going to happen.

Nazr Mohammed, C, San Antonio

Not going to happen, but if we could keep him that'd be great. He brings length/rebounding to our frontline. He's a good tough kid.

Not unless he comes cheaply and the Spurs can move Rasho and Oberto.

Reggie Evans, PF, Denver

See Timvp's thread.

Great Idea.

Bobby Jackson, PG/SG, Memphis

Perfect backup pointguard. He can man-up and guard those tough PG's that TP can't handle. He bring soffensive punch is a mentally tough player. He is what this team could use so badly.

Please not another old point guard.

Francisco Elson, Denver (Restricted)

Still can't forget this kid Putting KG in his place. The guy is a good defender and does not mind mixing it up. I think we could get him cheap, too. Him or Evans, Denver has to let one of them go.

No room. No game.

Jannero Pargo, Chicago

Not great on offense, but a good defender. Some of you remember back in his LA days when he was one of the few guys in the league that could stick with TP. He's kind of a poor man's Raja Bell.

I've always been high on Pargo. I think he's a very underrated player. If given a chance, he'd become a solid player in this league.

Lindsey Hunter, Detroit

Annoyin offense, but great defender. Dude is a pest.

No. Too old and can't shoot.

Walter McCarty, LA Clippers

Would fit in perfectly next to Tim in our small-ball lineup. Dude can step out and hit the 3, and can step in and guard the bigs. He's a poor man's Robert Horry.

No. Couldn't get off the bench with the Clippers. Career looks to be over.

Antonio Davis, Toronto

I still have images of him in Chicago chasing down Brendan Haywood. I don't think I've ever seen a 7 footer backpedal that fast. Davis is a beast. One of the toughest players in the league. He could be our enforcer.

No. Too Old. Not Enough Game.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-01-2006, 05:21 AM
^ Old doesn't always equal bad.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 05:25 AM
Flip Murray is a streaky shooter who can't play any D and was so horrible at backup point in Seattle that they had a small forward (DWilkens) run the point ahead of him. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis hated Flip at the point.

Speedy - Likely too expensive

Nazr - Ehh.. I'm not a Nazr fan because he hasn't made any effort to catch up on D.

Elson - I don't think the Spurs are going to pick up any 7 footers. I think they'll look for mobile power forwards.

Pargo - Is he any better than Beno?

McCarty - Do you need a poor man's Horry if you have a real Horry?

ADavis - Is he retiring? He's old.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Flip Murray is a streaky shooter who can't play any D and was so horrible at backup point in Seattle that they had a small forward (DWilkens) run the point ahead of him. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis hated Flip at the point.

Speedy - Likely too expensive

Nazr - Ehh.. I'm not a Nazr fan because he hasn't made any effort to catch up on D.

Elson - I don't think the Spurs are going to pick up any 7 footers. I think they'll look for mobile power forwards.

Pargo - Is he any better than Beno?

McCarty - Do you need a poor man's Horry if you have a real Horry?

ADavis - Is he retiring? He's old.

Murray is streaky, but somebody off the bench who can go for 25-30 on any given night he's hot is a weapon we could use. He doesn't get intimidate on defense like a Beno or TP.

Pargo is a much better defender than Beno. Between TP/Beno/Vanexel it's no wonder we got violated at that position by the leagues top point guards.

polandprzem
06-01-2006, 05:42 AM
It's our offseason.

You know what happens in the offseason? Free Agency. So if you have issues with it, I suggest you stop logging onto these boards. Check out the upper right hand of this screen...take your mouse to the little icon that says "log out".

I don't have mouse http://www.edu.info.pl/images/cms/1_CMS-FOTKI/Miasta_akademickie/mysz.jpg. I have a cock http://kokogut.sourceforge.net/kogut.png

strangeweather
06-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Jannero Pargo, Chicago

This is the best idea in this thread. I hadn't realized he was available, but he would be a great guy to throw into the mix if he was fairly cheap.

Anyone know what his market value is likely to be this summer?

Slinkyman
06-01-2006, 10:49 AM
This is the best idea in this thread. I hadn't realized he was available, but he would be a great guy to throw into the mix if he was fairly cheap.

Anyone know what his market value is likely to be this summer?

Pargo made 895,000 last year and i don't see him getting a big raise since his was stuck behind Hinrich and Duhon and didn't see much playing time.

strangeweather
06-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Pargo made 895,000 last year and i don't see him getting a big raise since his was stuck behind Hinrich and Duhon and didn't see much playing time.
That's perfect. Sign the guy up.

Taking it to the Hole
06-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Is Pargo restricted, or unrestricted?

strangeweather
06-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Unrestricted.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Murray is streaky, but somebody off the bench who can go for 25-30 on any given night he's hot is a weapon we could use. He doesn't get intimidate on defense like a Beno or TP.

In theory, the Spurs already have that guy in Michael Finley. Even if Finley won't go for 25-30 on any given night, he'll give you 10-15 on almost every night, which is more significant, I think, than a one-dimensional, hope he's got it guy like Flip.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-01-2006, 12:59 PM
In theory, the Spurs already have that guy in Michael Finley. Even if Finley won't go for 25-30 on any given night, he'll give you 10-15 on almost every night, which is more significant, I think, than a one-dimensional, hope he's got it guy like Flip.
Flips a little smaller.

He can play the 1 or 2. Finley's more of a 2-3 or even 4 guy if you're playing small ball.

A guy I would compare to Finley is Penny Hardaway, who is interiested in coming here. I would absolutely not bring him in. He's basically Michael Finley with less defense/athleticism.