PDA

View Full Version : Kill Me Now - Hollywood Remaking Seven Samurai

leemajors
06-01-2006, 05:42 PM
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/

Hong Kong action star Donnie Yen is set to lead in the Hollywood remake of Japanese classic "The Seven Samurai", alongside George Clooney and Chinese starlet Zhang Ziyi, a film company said.

Clooney as a samurai? please stop this trash hollywood. :drunk

katyon6th
06-01-2006, 05:43 PM
If Tom Cruise can do it, George Clooney can!

Believe.

Jekka
06-01-2006, 05:45 PM
The remakes just need to stop. This is depressing.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Snakes On a Plane is looking better and better all the time...

Marklar MM
06-01-2006, 05:46 PM
http://ziyiphoto.free.fr/photos/ZiYi%20TV%20Spot/ziyi_pantene08.jpg

she is the chick from Rush Hour 2.

leemajors
06-01-2006, 05:46 PM
If Tom Cruise can do it, George Clooney can!

Believe.

listening to cruise scream SAKE!!! was entertaining. remaking one of the best movies ever with americans as samurais could be entertaining as butchery, but i would prefer it not happen. :depressed

ShoogarBear
06-01-2006, 05:47 PM
I already know who else HAS to be in it . . .

Dakota Fanning.

They just have to write a role now . . .

ShoogarBear
06-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Oh, and the original is simply one of the bestest everest. Kurosawa rules.

leemajors
06-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Oh, and the original is simply one of the bestest everest. Kurosawa rules.

yes indeed. i was very pleased with the recent release of kagemusha on criterion. my collection nears completion.

Jekka
06-01-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm still confused as to why Realm of the Senses is considered a Japanese film classic. That movie was crazy. At least Hollywood will never remake it ... I hope.

ShoogarBear
06-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah, it'll be remade with Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts as "One Wacky Weekend with an Egg".

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2006, 05:57 PM
I already know who else HAS to be in it . . .

Dakota Fanning.

They just have to write a role now . . .

And helping the samurai will be a talking sword, voiced by Gilbert Godfried.

ShoogarBear
06-01-2006, 06:00 PM
And helping the samurai will be a talking sword, voiced by Gilbert Godfried.

Gilbert Gottfried actually makes me laugh, annoying as he is.

Also, full disclosure requires me to admit that I thought that The Magnificent Seven rocked, too. Althought that wasn't really a remake but an adaptation. Which is funny because Seven Samurai was Kurosawa's adaptation of a Western.

SA Gunslinger
06-01-2006, 06:03 PM
They remade the Seven Samurai once already. The Magnificent Seven wasn't an exact remake, but you can see the similarities if you watch both films. Kurosawa had a huge influence on many western filmmakers. Many of the spaghetti western storylines were "borrowed" from Kurosawa samurail films.

My two favorite Kurosawa films are Akahige and Ikiru.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2006, 06:04 PM
The Magnificent seven=the shit. Ramses and Steve McQueen took crap from nobody.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2006, 06:07 PM
The Magnificent seven=the shit. Ramses and Steve McQueen took crap from nobody.
:tu Don't forget James Coburn cutting some suckas up, and Charles Bronson being his usual bad ass self.

ShoogarBear
James Coburn was the shit.

That knife vs. gun draw was classic.

tlongII
I'd hit it.

http://www.helloziyi.us/Galleries/arena3.jpg

angel_luv
06-01-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/

Hong Kong action star Donnie Yen is set to lead in the Hollywood remake of Japanese classic "The Seven Samurai", alongside George Clooney and Chinese starlet Zhang Ziyi, a film company said.

Clooney as a samurai? please stop this trash hollywood. :drunk

George Clooney as anything makes for a good movie. :D

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2006, 06:28 PM
:tu Don't forget James Coburn cutting some suckas up, and Charles Bronson being his usual bad ass self.

Bronson wasn't that badass, his relationship with the children saw to that. It took off some of the hardass factor.

jman3000
06-01-2006, 06:28 PM
I never saw the fascination with George Clooney... he's not like spectacularly good looking.

NASpurs
06-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I'd hit it.:tu

Too bad I can't see the back view :lol

http://www.e-kolay.net/haber/images/ziyi1.jpg

angel_luv
06-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I never saw the fascination with George Clooney... he's not like spectacularly good looking.

He is manly handsome- a strong face, great smile, beautiful eyes, nice hair, good body. Need I go on?

Cause I don't mind. :D

ShoogarBear
06-01-2006, 06:33 PM
George Clooney is a good actor, but he is definitely NOT badass.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2006, 06:35 PM
George Clooney is a good actor, but he is definitely NOT badass.

I don't know about that, he would make an awesome Batman

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2006, 06:35 PM
If Clooney gets to be a samurai it's just a matter of time before Oprah remakes The Natural and casts herself in Robert Redford's role.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2006, 06:36 PM
If Clooney gets to be a samurai it's just a matter of time before Oprah remakes The Natural and casts herself in Robert Redford's role.

I see her redoing the miracle worker, or the diary of anne frank, and casting herself as the lead of those

ShoogarBear
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm so confused. I thought Tom Cruise was the last samurai, yet now here come seven more.

Maybe they'll get Soderbergh to direct. The other samurai can be Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Bernie Mac, and Elliott Gould.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm so confused. I thought Tom Cruise was the last samurai, yet now here come seven more.

Maybe they'll get Soderbergh to direct. The other samurai can be Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Bernie Mac, and Elliott Gould.

And the entire second half of the movie can be completely unnecessary

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2006, 06:42 PM

I think they'll leave Gould out and have a two headed samurai played by Scott Caan and Casey Affleck. Or maybe as conjoined twins. And they'd always bicker about which one got to wield the katana. Movie gold!

ShoogarBear
06-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Y'all some funny sumbitches.

leemajors
06-02-2006, 12:13 AM
They remade the Seven Samurai once already. The Magnificent Seven wasn't an exact remake, but you can see the similarities if you watch both films. Kurosawa had a huge influence on many western filmmakers. Many of the spaghetti western storylines were "borrowed" from Kurosawa samurail films.

My two favorite Kurosawa films are Akahige and Ikiru.

well yeah, but this is a bit different. inspired by, taking a general plotline from, and remaking a movie are quite different. fistful of dollars is yojimbo reworked, and so is last man standing. hollywood remaking a movie like this and mentioning george clooney just makes me cringe.

jcrod
06-02-2006, 12:47 AM

If Brad, Mac and Matt join George, if would be a ocean's 11 reunion. They should call it Clooney's Seven Samurai's Save Hollywood.

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2006, 01:43 AM
clooney = douchebag

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 01:45 AM
Man

Everytime I see your screen name, I keep wondering where I've heard that name. 1) Is that your real name 2) Did you go to a high school on the NorthEast side by any chance? More specifically...Mac.

shelshor
06-02-2006, 01:52 AM
well yeah, but this is a bit different. inspired by, taking a general plotline from, and remaking a movie are quite different. fistful of dollars is yojimbo reworked, and so is last man standing. hollywood remaking a movie like this and mentioning george clooney just makes me cringe.
I thought "Last Man Standing"--if we're talking about the one with Bruce Willis--was adapted from a short story by Dashiell Hammett, the same guy who wrote both "The Maltese Falcon" and "The Thin Man", among others
I have heard that "Fistful of Dollars" is a rework of "Yojimbo"
This remake business has got to stop---has there ever been a remake that was better than the original?

SA Gunslinger
06-02-2006, 04:10 AM

If the original gets more noteriety and inspires a younger audience to watch the original, I think it would be great. Kurosawa has to be right there among the greatest filmmakers ever and his works should be celebrated.

leemajors
06-02-2006, 08:06 AM
I thought "Last Man Standing"--if we're talking about the one with Bruce Willis--was adapted from a short story by Dashiell Hammett, the same guy who wrote both "The Maltese Falcon" and "The Thin Man", among others
I have heard that "Fistful of Dollars" is a rework of "Yojimbo"
This remake business has got to stop---has there ever been a remake that was better than the original?

Last Man Standing has Kurosawa in the writing credits, Gunslinger, i think Kurosawa is pretty much the best director ever and i agree to an extent. but wouldn't a better way to get people to watch his films be to re-release some of them? =]

shelshor
06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Last Man Standing has Kurosawa in the writing credits, Gunslinger, i think Kurosawa is pretty much the best director ever and i agree to an extent. but wouldn't a better way to get people to watch his films be to re-release some of them? =]
It seems we're both right, tho the Hammett was his novel "Red Harvest"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0116830/

Shaolin-Style
06-02-2006, 02:36 PM
i'd be all for this given anyone but clooney or tom hanks as samurais

SA Gunslinger
06-02-2006, 02:56 PM

I don't think younger people will watch the original because it's B/W and subtitled. But I think they might watch it if they like the re-make.

I know some people that saw Point of No Return and didn't realize it was a remake. When they found out that La Femme Nikita was a better movie, they ended up watching it and agreed.

If the remake of Seven Samurai is inevitable, I hope it's successful. If I had a choice in the matter, I would prefer a Japanese filmmaker to remake it in Japanese.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-02-2006, 10:57 PM
That chick is uber hot.

You think thets bad

rememba when Hollywood decided to remake The Omen SCENE FOR SCENE.

Guru of Nothing
06-02-2006, 11:41 PM
How about a Gone with the Wind remake too - Dude, Where's My Crib!.

I'm thinking of a climatic scene - Keanu Reeves saying, "Whatever bitch!"

ShoogarBear
06-03-2006, 12:01 AM
How about a Gone with the Wind remake too - Dude, Where's My Crib!.

I'm thinking of a climatic scene - Keanu Reeves saying, "Whatever bitch!"
Or Scarlett Johannson saying "Fuckin' ay you won't evah see this ho' get hungry up in this mothafucka again".

Bob Lanier
06-03-2006, 12:15 AM
:nope

Guru of Nothing
06-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Or Scarlett Johannson saying "Fuckin' ay you won't evah see this ho' get hungry up in this mothafucka again".

That's pretty damn funny.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 12:21 AM
When are they going to remake Citizen Kane with Dave Chappele

"Rosebud bitches"

Guru of Nothing
06-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Maybe Snoop Dogg in Das Booty?

Sort of a sequel to Soul Plane.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Halle Barry as the new love interest in "Casablanca," it is set in Africa after all.