PDA

View Full Version : Maybe no Javtokas afterall

picnroll
06-01-2006, 08:36 PM
link (http://www.infobasket.lt/naujienos-r-javtokas---i-tel-avivo-maccabi-/)
link (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=364)

Robertas Javtokas - to Tel Aviv Maccabi?

LRytas captain Javtokas in interview for Israel press said, that most likely next season he will wear yellow Maccabi shirt.

26yo 211cm center cofirmed that has got proposal from one of the best team in Europe and most likely in nearest future will accept it. Player said, that Spurs want to see him in the team too, but he is more interested in Maccabi proposal because of bigger quarantee of minutes in court and not on the bench.

Of course, it's early to decide what will happen, because only yeasterday LRytas newspaper said, that Javtokas is almost finished to negotiate with Spurs about his contract.

T Park
06-01-2006, 08:39 PM
trade his rights.

If he aint coming this year, he aint never coming.

Well that sure fucks up the offseason already.

whottt
06-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Didn't the Spurs fix this aholes leg so he could walk again? Like just out of the kindness of their hearts?

What a douchebag.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I've said elsewhere, and I'll say it again here.

I can't imagine that Pop has ever seriously entertained the notion of brining in Scola and Javtokas at the same time. Can you really imagine Pop dealing with 2 rookie bigs for very long? He was ballistic with Rasho and Nazr -- imagine him with two rookies.

Solid D
06-01-2006, 08:45 PM
If the Spurs paid for rehab "just to help him to at least have a decent quality of life" as Pop once put it....

it seems odd that Robertas would pass up an opportunity to join the Spurs.

Sii
06-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Amente over at sr said today the Spurs and Javtokas were very close and just waiting for the cap numbers to come out and July 1 to finish the deal

T Park
06-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Whottt is right.

The Spurs pay for his surgery, now hes gonna go "More minutes" on us?

Fuck this guy.

SpursWoman
06-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Take back his leg....or send him the bill. :fro

exstatic
06-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Amente over at sr said today the Spurs and Javtokas were very close and just waiting for the cap numbers to come out and July 1 to finish the deal
Yeah, and Chris Webber is signing anyday now...since 2001.

whottt
06-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Slovenia >>>> Lithuania...

Freaking gotdamn ungrateful blood sucking commie bastard. Sabonis was afraid of the NBA too...pussies.

picnroll
06-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Just curious, could a player have in his contract a player option on a second year but only to return to Europe not to another NBA team and only if they signed a long term contract in Europe?

T Park
06-01-2006, 08:52 PM

lmfao

Ive got a bridge for you....

SpursWoman
06-01-2006, 08:53 PM
:spin

MannyIsGod
06-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Hey, if the guy wants to stay in Europe, then I don't see a problem with that.

whottt
06-01-2006, 08:56 PM
His sh change his name to Stephen Javtokason after pulling this minutes crap.

T Park
06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
:lol @ whottt

Trade his rights.

Do a Giricek with this stiff.

King
06-01-2006, 09:00 PM
You guys sure blow with the wind, huh? When he does decide to come over here, you guys are going to be all over his jock.

Sii
06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
His current team is replacing him becuase they expect him to join the Spurs. I doubt they would have not even tried to re-sign him just so he could go to Maccabi.

I find it hard to believe he would go against joining the Spurs after all they did for him..unless Pop wants Scola more and has told Javtokas his playing time would be limted

whottt
06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Then again, maybe Javtokas watched the Mavs series...

whottt
06-01-2006, 09:04 PM
You guys sure blow with the wind, huh? When he does decide to come over here, you guys are going to be all over his jock.

What are we supposed to do? Celebrate this Vodka drinking bitch fucking us at the last moment with a punk ass powerplay? Our hero.

Did it hurt when your mama dropped you on your head? Tool!

SpursWoman
06-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Then again, maybe Javtokas watched the Mavs series...

And got scurred?

Sii
06-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah, because one series out of 100's Pop has been a part of means he wont play anymore big men :rolleyes

Bruno
06-01-2006, 09:06 PM
He wants more money.

A question : If Javtokas signs with Maccabi, will he play with Maccabi against Spurs at Paris in october ? :lol

T Park

YAY

WERE LOSING OUT ON A GOOD CENTER THAT WOULD HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!!

YAY

better? :rolleyes

Sii
What are we supposed to do? Celebrate this Vodka drinking bitch fucking us at the last moment with a punk ass powerplay? Our hero.

Shouldnt you wait for something to actually happen before ripping the guy a new asshole? He could be a Spur soon for all we know

whottt
Cheez...and you have 93 posts of that quality? Lucky us. :fuckingrolleyes

King
06-01-2006, 09:09 PM

So, when you typed your reply, did you purposely make it an irrelevant response? Because I didn't say anything about celebrating or not worrying about it.

The point is, you have one report saying he's about to sign - and people are pumped, and you have one report saying he's not - and it's 'fuck him! let him rot there! we don't need him!' And when he does come over here, you'll be back to jocking him. Nobody knows what the hell he is doing - and you don't get that.

You're a freaking joke, whottt. You're a punchline.

Sii
06-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Cheez...and you have 93 posts of that quality? Lucky us. :fuckingrolleyes

better than fucking blasting away at this guy when nothing has even happened yet. not to mention Reports yesterday had him on his way to SA. But hey - dont let an absense of facts get in the way of asshole ripping.

King
06-01-2006, 09:11 PM
YAY

YAY

better? :rolleyes

Again - one report says he's coming. One report says he's not. Now, that leads me to believe that there's no definite answer, wouldn't you say?

You're already calling the offseason a failure.

Wait for something to happen - or hell, at least let the reports go to a 2:1 ratio.

picnroll
06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Javtokas wasn't resigning with Ryatas because they are not playing in the top division again next year. Macabi is losing their big man Vujacic I think to the NBA, so they need a replacement because they definitely want to remain at or near the top in Europe. Javtokas is their best answer and they probably just made him a sweet offer.

whottt
06-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum...what we say or do here has no bearing on what the Spurs will do...nor will it have any bearing on what Javtokas will do. Why are you acting as if it does? If you can prove we hurt Javtokas feelings or something, then do so...otherwise what are you bringing to this dicussion relevant to the topic?

S'what I thought.

Why don't you two forum cops go cornhole each other to celebrate your levelheadedness...

ChumpDumper
06-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Javtokas wasn't resigning with Ryatas because they are not playing in the top division again next year. Macabi is losing their big man Vujacic I think to the NBAI heard nothing about that. Everything I heard said Vujacic never wants to leave Europe. I'd almost take him over Javtokas.

King
06-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum...what we say or do here has no bearing on what the Spurs will do...nor will it have any bearing on what Javtokas will do. Why are you acting as if it does? If you can prove we hurt Javtokas feelings or something, then do so...otherwise what are you bringing to this dicussion relevant to the topic?

S'what I thought.

Pretty sure I didn't even hint at any of those, but carry on.

The sky is falling. Javtokas is never coming. We're lottery bound.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Well if he isn't coming over, that complicates things a bit.

FromWayDowntown
Again - one report says he's coming. One report says he's not. Now, that leads me to believe that there's no definite answer, wouldn't you say?

Except that the report seems to say pretty clearly that Javtokas is inclined to take the Maccabi offer. If there's confusion, Javtokas has created it.

Sii
Javtokas wasn't resigning with Ryatas because they are not playing in the top division again next year. Macabi is losing their big man Vujacic I think to the NBA, so they need a replacement because they definitely want to remain at or near the top in Europe. Javtokas is their best answer and they probably just made him a sweet offer.

Yeah and Reports yesterday had his team thinking he would end up in the Spurs training camp this summer and on the roster for next season so they moved ahead

T Park
06-01-2006, 09:21 PM
then you are forced to go for Scola, and hope you can score a rebounding big through FA or sign and trade.

MannyIsGod
06-01-2006, 09:22 PM
YAY

YAY

better? :rolleyeshttp://hometown.aol.com/mrjmtchr/myhomepage/parrot%20pic.jpg

King
06-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Except that the report seems to say pretty clearly that Javtokas is inclined to take the Maccabi offer. If there's confusion, Javtokas has created it.

Well, there are always these: Of course, it's early to decide what will happen, because only yeasterday LRytas newspaper said, that Javtokas is almost finished to negotiate with Spurs about his contract.

and

"Whole article is about R.Javtokas' possible replacement in LRytas - E.Zukauskas. and only last chapter says that in R.Javtokas and Spurs contract left to finish financial details."

and

Finally, he says that he doesn't plan to have a contract prior to World Championship in Japan - all things most probably will be resolved thereafter.

No argument from me that there's confusion. If he stays, he stays. But, these reports don't state solidly that he will or won't.

genghisrex
06-01-2006, 09:28 PM
I heard nothing about that. Everything I heard said Vujacic never wants to leave Europe. I'd almost take him over Javtokas.
I think I read somewhere yesterday that Vujacic might go to the Raptors.

picnroll
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I heard nothing about that. Everything I heard said Vujacic never wants to leave Europe. I'd almost take him over Javtokas.
I think I was a little off on Vujcic. Seems he's leaving Maccabi but not to the NBA. Seems he signed Real Madrid.

Ariel
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Actually he said it was close, but not guaranteed.

trade his rights.

If he aint coming this year, he aint never coming.

Well that sure fucks up the offseason already.

:lol @ whottt

Trade his rights.

Do a Giricek with this stiff.
It might be hard to trade his rights if his mind is set on staying in Europe, unless they find a taker immediately who's willing to talk him into signing w/them by guaranteeing more minutes + money than the Spurs can.

picnroll
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
I think I read somewhere yesterday that Vujacic might go to the Raptors.
Think that was Garbajosa.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2006, 09:30 PM
No argument from me that there's confusion. If he stays, he stays. But, these reports don't state solidly that he will or won't.

I suppose there would be a bit more confidence if this article said something like Javtokas got a significant offer from Maccabi, but has said that he's interested in seeing what the Spurs have to offer before making any decisions.

Mr. Body
06-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Man, this forum is bipolar. Now all of a sudden Javtokas is the biggest backstabber since Benedict Arnold, when actually nothing is settled. This might be floated out there to make sure San Antonio is serious and get a better bargaining position than if he had no other offers. That's business smart.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 09:32 PM
The article says "in interview for Israel press said ..."

Your best bet is to find that interview and translate it. Then you'll know what Javtokas said himself. I'm pretty sure that I saw that article a few days ago (it's in Hebrew) and it came out PRIOR to the article that came out yesterday.

picnroll
06-01-2006, 09:35 PM

Your best bet is to find that interview and translate it. Then you'll know what Javtokas said himself. I'm pretty sure that I saw that article a few days ago (it's in Hebrew) and it came out PRIOR to the article that came out yesterday.
The top link is dated 2006-06-01 18:36:01

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 09:37 PM
The top link is dated 2006-06-01 18:36:01

Umm.. I know that. And that article is in Lithuanian and says IN AN INTERVIEW WITH THE ISRAELI PRESS .

So you need to find that original interview (which wasn't today) which is in Hebrew.

T Park
06-01-2006, 09:38 PM
If he thinks the SPurs are gonna flop out big money for him, before hes even proved anything in the NBA.

Then hes wrong.

IMO, if he came over, and proved that hes a good rebounder, shot blocker, and athletic, hed be the starting center.

strangeweather
06-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Umm.. I know that. And that article is in Lithuanian and says IN AN INTERVIEW WITH THE ISRAELI PRESS .

So you need to find that original interview (which wasn't today) which is in Hebrew.
Exactly.

It could be something like him saying "I would be honored to play for Maccabi next year" to the local paper there, and having it turned into the headline "Javtokas Leaning Toward Maccabi." Crap like that happens with US free agents all the time.

Sii

do you know where it can be found. because if that came out before the reports yesterday then this is all meaningless

whottt
Man, this forum is bipolar. Now all of a sudden Javtokas is the biggest backstabber since Benedict Arnold, when actually nothing is settled. This might be floated out there to make sure San Antonio is serious and get a better bargaining position than if he had no other offers. That's business smart.

Why insult Benedict Arnold like that? Did he stab someone in the back, after they saved him from a life of crippledom?

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 09:45 PM
do you know where it can be found. because if that came out before the reports yesterday then this is all meaningless

I'm looking for it.

I saw it 2 or 3 nights ago and I showed it LJ and said "Too bad I don't speak Hebrew because this is about Javtokas".

I'm trying to find it again.

Ariel
06-01-2006, 09:45 PM

That's a great observation. However, it could be damn hard to both find the interview and translate it, so I guess we'll be left wondering...

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 09:46 PM
That's a great observation. However, it could be damn hard to both find the interview and translated, so I guess we'll be left wondering...

I already saw the interview once. I just need to find it again.

Give me a minute.

T Park
06-01-2006, 09:47 PM
:lol

You cant speak hebrew Kori?

Damn, more fuel or for Shank to insult you with :lmao

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Kori. :)

exstatic
06-01-2006, 10:13 PM
This forum is bipolar NOW? This forum is ALWAYS bipolar. :lol It's funny watching people jump off of a cliff over shit that isn't even shit yet, and won't be for at LEAST 6 weeks if not months. Entertainment at it's finest.

Sii
06-01-2006, 10:28 PM
I already saw the interview once. I just need to find it again.

Give me a minute.

minute up :smokin

j/k

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I can't find it yet. I am trying to remember how I found it in the first place (I don't normally just read Israeli newspapers). But I think I sent the link to LJ on IM that night -- so I'm waiting til he gets home to see if he still has the link (I can't find it on my computer and I gave his computer a quick look but didn't see it).

He's playing basketball right now, so I have to wait for him to get back.

ploto
06-01-2006, 10:40 PM
There were reports a week or so ago that Robertas did not want to come to the NBA and sit on the bench. This is not really any new news.

Secondly, he will want a contract before he joins his national team practice. I have no idea where people came up with the notion that he or the Spurs would wait until after the WC. The Spurs will finalize their roster long before mid-September and players will want contracts in hand before they start to practice with their teams.

Why all the bridge-jumping-- Maybe Scola is coming. Wouldn't you rather have him than Robertas anyway??

Also, the speculation that he would not be returning to his current team does not impy he was leaving for the Spurs. Maybe it was because he was leaving for Maccabi.

And as for sources, unless the source is with the player, the source has no clue what is really going on. Team sources help with things like the draft or possible trades, but when it comes to players signing contracts, only those really close to them really know. Robertas signed his deal at the same time last year- long before he could sign with the Spurs- because he wanted a guarantee. By the time Nazr is dealt with etc... in July, it may simply be too late into the summer for Robertas' time schedule. He has no contract right now anywhere.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Also, the speculation that he would not be returning to his current team does not impy he was leaving for the Spurs. Maybe it was because he was leaving for Maccabi.

Actually the article yesterday did imply he was leaving for the Spurs.

Why all the bridge-jumping-- Maybe Scola is coming. Wouldn't you rather have him than Robertas anyway??

Not necessarily. It depends on the price.

T Park
06-01-2006, 10:42 PM
I have no idea where people came up with the notion that he or the Spurs would wait until after the WC

Javtokas said that himself.

ploto
06-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Actually the article yesterday did imply he was leaving for the Spurs.
Speculation- it appeared to me.

Seems hard to believe-- players never risk playing with their national team without a contract somewhere and insurance to cover them if they get injured. That is why he signed last season with a European team.

Sii
06-01-2006, 10:47 PM
and this new report seems to be speculation also...hell its not even known if these comments were made after the reports yesterday. They could have been made before SA and RJ got close to an agreement

Ariel
06-01-2006, 10:48 PM
I have no idea where people came up with the notion that he or the Spurs would wait until after the WC.

Exactly: (http://forums.interbasket.net/showpost.php?p=2121&postcount=4)

he says that he doesn't plan to have a contract prior to World Championship in Japan - all things most probably will be resolved thereafter.
PS: Original Lithuanian article here (http://bc.lrytas.lt/lt/disp.php/lt_index/news_194).

Spurologist
06-01-2006, 10:49 PM
So when is the definitive answer coming out. All this imply this imply that is 100% factual for: Javtokas himself is unsure of his future. A bold statement of where he is going would be nice.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 10:49 PM
and this new report seems to be speculation also...hell its not even known if these comments were made after the reports yesterday. They could have been made before SA and RJ got close to an agreement

Exactly.

I WILL find that damn article that is in Hebrew. I honestly don't know how I found it in the first place. Hebrew is a different alphabet so I know I just didn't google it.

ploto
06-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Not necessarily. It depends on the price.
What I meant is that maybe the Spurs have decided they would rather have Luis than Robertas-- maybe their interest in Robertas isn't as great as some people assumed.

I also have found it hard to buy into the notion that the Spurs would stock their big men with 2 foreign rookies and a second year guy who hardly played at all last year. Always seemed to me that we would see one or the other- but not both- and isn't Scola the much better option.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 10:54 PM
What I meant is that maybe the Spurs have decided they would rather have Luis than Robertas-- maybe their interest in Robertas isn't as great as some people assumed.

Maybe no one here (including you) or any one in the media has the remote idea of what the hell is going on.

ploto
06-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Exactly: (http://forums.interbasket.net/showpost.php?p=2121&postcount=4)

PS: Original Lithuanian article here (http://bc.lrytas.lt/lt/disp.php/lt_index/news_194).
From last summer when he signed:

"I'm going to participate in Lithuania NT training camp, so I wanted guarantee for the next season."

Seems odd he would be negotiating with teams right now if he had no plans to sign until September. Actions speak louder than words.

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Exactly.

I WILL find that damn article that is in Hebrew. I honestly don't know how I found it in the first place. Hebrew is a different alphabet so I know I just didn't google it.

How did you actually know it was about Robertas?

Ariel
06-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Exactly.

You read that article, as in visiting a web page?

If so, could it still be stored in your browser's history?

If so, and you haven't deleted history records in the past few days, you should be able to find it by merely going through the history sidebar.

ploto
06-01-2006, 11:03 PM
I thought there was an article- maybe Turkish press- that made it sound like Robertas did not want to sit on the bench-- maybe about 2 days ago?? That sounds like this article's claims. But this article is news in the sense that it is about Maccabi.

picnroll
06-01-2006, 11:06 PM
link (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=144&page=5)

Here's another poster talking abot Javtokas' situation for what it's worth. This guys from Slovenia and follows European player movement pretty closley

According to some Israeli and Lithuanian sources Robertas Javtokas from Lietuvos Rytas is talking with San Antonio Spurs and Maccabi Tel-Aviv, but he is more interested in signing with Maccabi Tel-Aviv because of assured playing time on court.

San Antonio Spurs ofcourse can offer him bigger contract, but Maccabi will do everything to get him, because of most probable Nikola Vujcic's departure--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by elaj : Yesterday at 11:41 PM..

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
I thought there was an article- maybe Turkish press- that made it sound like Robertas did not want to sit on the bench-- maybe about 2 days ago?? That sounds like this article's claims. But this article is news in the sense that it is about Maccabi.

Dude, you nor the press know what really is going on, only Robertas and the Spurs.

ploto
06-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Dude, you nor the press know what really is going on, only Robertas and the Spurs.
I would guess that Robertas knows more than the Spurs. :)

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:15 PM
I would guess that Robertas knows more than the Spurs. :)

I would guess I don't give a shit. :)

Solid D
06-01-2006, 11:17 PM
So are you all saying it's now pronounced Yav - "took us" ?

:smokin

ChumpDumper
06-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I sense a CIA operation in progress.

milkyway21
06-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Mike Monroe reports Javtokas is coming for the training camp if his old team has a replacement for him.

Spurs draft pick Javtokas likely to leave old team

Web Posted: 06/01/2006 12:00 AM CDT
Mike Monroe
Express-News Staff Writer

The Lithuanian team for which 2001 Spurs second-round draft pick Robertas Javtokas has played for the past five seasons is so convinced :rolleyes (?) Javtokas will be in the Spurs’ training camp this fall it has signed a player to replace him.
A report on Eurobasket.com indicated that recent player signings by the Lithuanian professional league team Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius, for which Javtokas, a 6-foot-11, 240-pound center, has played since 2001, were motivated in part by the belief Javtokas will not return to the club so he can pursue a spot on the Spurs roster. The report cited Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius general manager J. Vainauskas saying his club “doesn’t have much hope on keeping R. Javtokas . . .“

Because Javtokas’ contract with his Lithuanian team has expired, the Spurs would not have to pay a buy-out fee to Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius before signing him.

Javtokas, a member of the Lithuanian national team since 2000, suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident on May 1, 2002, and did not play basketball for more than a year. Since returning to the court, he has been a consistent physical force for Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius and the Lithuanian national team. Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius won the 2005 Lithuanian League title and moved up to Euroleague competition in 2006.

With center Nazr Mohammed an unrestricted free agent this summer, the Spurs must make some decisions about the big men they will bring to training camp in October. French teen-ager Ian Mahinmi, the 6-foot-10 center-forward they selected with the 28th pick in the first round of the 2005 draft, is expected to join their summer league team in Utah in July.

...which one is really the real story?

ChumpDumper
06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Feh, Mike got his scoop from this board.

SilverPlayer
06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Is it just me or am I the only one who thinks that Javtokas is gonna be a poor poorman's Ben Wallace. That he is our answer for a defensive presence in the paint to put next to Tim. I want this guy so much more than I want Scola.

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Okay, I got to find that damn Hebrew interview so we can see what Javtokas said exactly.

Ariel
06-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Feh, Mike got his scoop from this board.
I don't think so. If that were the case, he'd at least know Javtokas is leaving his old team, what's left to know is where he is headed to.

Solid D
06-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Okay, I got to find that damn Hebrew interview so we can see what Javtokas said exactly.

Unless you can read Hebrew or can recognize some of the Hebrew alphabet (right to left, no less), there is little chance you could see the word Javtokas embedded in the article.

Solid D
06-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Example:

במחזור ה אחרון של העונה הסדירה ניצחון משכנע 76-100 אצל הקבוצה המפתיעה של גבעת שמואל. חמישה שחקנים במאזן דו ספרתי
31/05/2006

חמישה ימים לפני המשחק נגד עירוני נהריה בפיינל פור של ליגת העל, נראה שמכבי עלית תל אביב מוכנה לאתגר.
גינדי גבעת שמואל, אחרי סדרה מרשימה של ניצחונות, קיוותה לסיים העונה עם ניצחון על האלופה. אבל כבר ברבע הראשון למדה שמה שהיה טוב נגד יתר הקבוצות, אינו מספיק מול הצהובים, שסיימו את הרבע הראשון ביתרון 12-23 עם תצוגה מרשימה של ניקולה וויצ`יץ` (9 נק` ו-7 ריב`).
באסטון ספגה עבירה שלישית מיד בפתיחת הרבע השני אבל במחצית 33-47 למכבי.
הפער צמח ברבע השלישי ל-51-70. ברבע האחרון קלעו חניכיו של פיני גרשון 30 נק` וקבעו את תוצאת הסיום 76-100.
וויצ`יץ` שיחק רק 17 דקות אבל קלע 18 נק` ב-64% מהשדה וכמו כן הוריד 10 ריבאונדים. עוד קלעו למכבי: פארקר 16, ששון 16 נק`, 4 ריב` ו-3 אס`, באסטון 15, סולומון 12 ו-4 אס`, גרין 8 נק` ו-5 ריב`, שארפ 5, דותן 2 נק`.
לגבעת שמואל הירבו לקלוע: באוארס 20 נק` ו-6 אס`, וואלאס 12 נק` ו-7 ריב`, ברנר ותמיר 10 נק` כ"א.

שפטו: סמי בכר, ירון זריף, עומר אסתרון, 1,000 צופים באור יהודה.

milkyway21
06-01-2006, 11:41 PM
some MVPs, slum dunk contest honors, very good offensive rebounder;

but, i worry about his 42-45% FT stats :rolleyes

milkyway21
06-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Example:

במחזור ה אחרון של העונה הסדירה ניצחון משכנע 76-100 אצל הקבוצה המפתיעה של גבעת שמואל. חמישה שחקנים במאזן דו ספרתי
31/05/2006

חמישה ימים לפני המשחק נגד עירוני נהריה בפיינל פור של ליגת העל, נראה שמכבי עלית תל אביב מוכנה לאתגר.
גינדי גבעת שמואל, אחרי סדרה מרשימה של ניצחונות, קיוותה לסיים העונה עם ניצחון על האלופה. אבל כבר ברבע הראשון למדה שמה שהיה טוב נגד יתר הקבוצות, אינו מספיק מול הצהובים, שסיימו את הרבע הראשון ביתרון 12-23 עם תצוגה מרשימה של ניקולה וויצ`יץ` (9 נק` ו-7 ריב`).
הפער צמח ברבע השלישי ל-51-70. ברבע האחרון קלעו חניכיו של פיני גרשון 30 נק` וקבעו את תוצאת הסיום 76-100.
וויצ`יץ` שיחק רק 17 דקות אבל קלע 18 נק` ב-64% מהשדה וכמו כן הוריד 10 ריבאונדים. עוד קלעו למכבי: פארקר 16, ששון 16 נק`, 4 ריב` ו-3 אס`, באסטון 15, סולומון 12 ו-4 אס`, גרין 8 נק` ו-5 ריב`, שארפ 5, דותן 2 נק`.
לגבעת שמואל הירבו לקלוע: באוארס 20 נק` ו-6 אס`, וואלאס 12 נק` ו-7 ריב`, ברנר ותמיר 10 נק` כ"א.

שפטו: סמי בכר, ירון זריף, עומר אסתרון, 1,000 צופים באור יהודה.and how are we supposed to read this Solid D? :D

Solid D
06-01-2006, 11:44 PM
http://www.maccabi.co.il/GameSummary.asp?ID=33&Type=1&SeasonYear=200506

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Example:

31/05/2006

31/05/2006

01010101010101010101110001001010010101000010101000 0101001001010101010101
01010101010101010101010101010101010100010101000000 0001010010101001010101000101
01010101010101001011111000000001010000100001010101 0000100100101010101

Spurologist
06-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Example:

31/05/2006

Translate to:

Javtokas

Sign

Spurs

Kori Ellis
06-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Unless you can read Hebrew or can recognize some of the Hebrew alphabet (right to left, no less), there is little chance you could see the word Javtokas embedded in the article.

I realize that. But I know it was interview with Javtokas -- I think I saw it linked on another site, it had his picture, looked like interview format and it was about 2 days ago.

Someone here can likely read Hebrew if I find it. I just can't find it.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Okay, I give up .. I can't find it again on my computer. LJ is looking on his.

Bottomline is that we won't know what he's doing for sure until he's actually signed. By the reports, he's probably considering both the Spurs and Maccabi. If he can get guaranteed playing time in Maccabi, then he'll probably just go there.

And you can't fault the guy for wanting to play (even though a lot of people here will).

ChumpDumper
06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
If Razzmatazz doesn't think he can beat out Oberto and Rasho, it's just as well he never joins the NBA.

timvp
06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
My stance on Javtokas is that if he isn't willing to take a small two-year contract to start off with (like Manu did) and prove that he's an NBA player by his play on the court, then I don't want him. He shouldn't be worried about playing time if he believes that he's good enough. If he doesn't think he's good enough, he should go sign with a Euro team and the Spurs are fine too because the last thing they need is another timid center.

The main reason I want Javtokas is so that the Spurs can trade away Rasho for nothing and be fine. With only seeing him play 10 or 12 times, I'd already take him over Rasho, especially considering their contracts.

But bottomline is if he doesn't want to man up and prove his worth in the NBA, so be it. Let him make his money in Europe and the Spurs will go out and find a player who wants to play here.

timvp
06-02-2006, 12:08 AM
If Razzmatazz doesn't think he can beat out Oberto and Rasho, it's just as well he never joins the NBA.

Exactly.

picnroll
06-02-2006, 12:18 AM
I guess maybe Scola's looking better.

My theory is that going after Kidd has jinxed the Spurs. Nothing great trade or draftwise has happened since that abomination.

Buddy Holly
06-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Can we atleast get through this lost in translation period before we start to hang Robertas.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2006, 12:21 AM
I guess maybe Scola's looking better.

What do you guys think Scola is worth?

In other words, what's the max you want the Spurs to pay him to get him?

timvp
06-02-2006, 12:25 AM

3-years, $9M.

Anymore than that and the Spurs are just caving in. Make him earn it.

Don't make him the highest paid second round pick of all-time.

milkyway21
06-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Because Javtokas’ contract with his Lithuanian team has expired, the Spurs would not have to pay a buy-out fee to Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius before signing him.

so how much is the buy out fee for Scola as of this time? It was one issue they didn't pursue him last yr. It was too much.

picnroll
06-02-2006, 12:31 AM
I want somebody to make a really good trade offer for him. Probably won't happen since he's unproven in the NBA. Bruno was raving about him in todays game but said he can't defend the basket for squat. That's what I've seen and heard and fear. If he can't defend the basket it isn't going to work.

genghisrex
06-02-2006, 12:32 AM
3-years, $9M.
Sounds about right, although with the new rules I'd prefer 2-years $5-6M. At least that way if he bombs the Spurs have an expiring contract to deal next summer.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2006, 12:32 AM
$10 in 3 years is pretty much the most, IMO. Give him the option on year 3 if it makes him feel better.

Ariel
06-02-2006, 12:37 AM

We were talking about it yesterday in some other thread. To me, it's like this:

His buyout is reportedly around 3.5M, to which the Spurs can contribute 500K, needing to cover about 3M on his salary. If he currently makes around 2M per year, for him not to lose too much money he'd need 3M + 2M x LENGTH.

If it's a 1 year deal, that's 5M. If it's a 2 years deal, 7M. If it's a 3 years deal, 9M. A 1 year deal makes no sense money wise, rights wise, etc. 3 years is too big a risk for both Scola and the Spurs, considering the former could lose a lot of money if he does well, and the Spurs could end up with another bad contract if he doesn't. So IMO, a 2 years 7M deal would sound like a reasonable compromise for both.

Ariel
06-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Jasikevicius signed a 3 years, 12M contract last season, and supposedly Garbajosa is about to do the same for the Raptors, so that's not above market value for a player of his caliber. Of course, market value might not be what he is worth to the Spurs, but that's not Scola's fault.

milkyway21
06-02-2006, 12:51 AM
so how much the Spurs can offer?

Reports say:
The NBA free-agent pool this summer isn't deep compared to other years, and the Spurs don't have a first-round pick in next month's draft.
But they will explore signing two previous selections: Argentine forward Luis Scola and Lithuanian forward/center Robertas Javtokas. Depending on how much of the Spurs' $5.1 million midlevel exception Scola seeks — the team also has a $1.75 million exception available — Javtokas might be more cost effective.
Trading Scola's rights or working a sign-and-trade deal with Mohammed are other options.

hmmn, guess financially we're not really the best destination for this summer huh? Except that we have Tim Duncan/Manu/TP as biggest come ons for FA. :lol

Solid D
06-02-2006, 05:18 AM
3-years, $9M.

Anymore than that and the Spurs are just caving in. Make him earn it.

I would agree with this. Johnny Ludden reported that Fabri Oberto received a 3-year, $7.3M deal with the third year at Fabri's option. So as a minimum, matching or anything less than this for Luis would probably not be acceptable to him or his agent, as well.

Bruno
06-02-2006, 05:27 AM
3 years/$10M (starting salary : $3.1M) with a player option for the third year
or even
3 years/$12M (starting salary : $3.7M) with a player option for the third year

are contracts that I won't hesitate to give at Scola. I think that this guy can be a starting PF in nba.

timvp
06-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Jasikevicius signed a 3 years, 12M contract last season, and supposedly Garbajosa is about to do the same for the Raptors, so that's not above market value for a player of his caliber. Of course, market value might not be what he is worth to the Spurs, but that's not Scola's fault.

Yeah, but those guys weren't second round picks. There is a huge difference. A second round pick doesn't really have any leverage when coming to the NBA ... while a Euroleague free agent has tons of leverage.

Seriously though, giving Scola even a $9M contract probably makes him the highest paid second round draft pick of all-time.

Ariel
06-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Yeah, but those guys weren't second round picks. There is a huge difference. A second round pick doesn't really have any leverage when coming to the NBA ... while a Euroleague free agent has tons of leverage.
True. Basically your value is determined by the team that holds your rights as opposed to, of all 30 teams, that which values you the most. However, it should also be noted that
a trade is still possible if both parties are too far off to reach an agreement and a second team is willing to satisfy both their demands.
he can still earn top non NBA money and be a star in Europe should he so choose, he isn't forced to take the Spurs' offer or sit down. Life outside the NBA must not be that bad if several top European stars have rejected significant offers to remain with their teams.
So, having your rights owned by a given team does take bargaining power from a player, but it could be a double-edged sword as it could just as easily turn you off from coming to the NBA altogether, resulting in the loss of an asset for the team in question.

Summing up, it's in both their best interest that everyone negotiate in good-will, as pressure tactics could backfire and hurt either party involved.

Seriously though, giving Scola even a $9M contract probably makes him the highest paid second round draft pick of all-time.
But that's a half-truth. You're highly unlikely to find a second round pick coming to the NBA with his pedigree as well, and for those who did -like Manu-, circumstances and market value were different. That's not even considering the fact that he should have been a sure fire first round pick, if not lottery pick, that same year had it not been for his contract status.

So, IMO, that which you point out is just a mere anecdote in light of the special circumstances surrounding Scola's case.

spurster
06-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Negotiation tactics. To avoid being low-balled by the Spurs, Javtokas keeps the option to play for someone else and points out one of the advantages (more playing time). I would guess this is more a sign of him and/or his agent being smart rather than anything certain one way or the other.

timvp
06-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Negotiation tactics. To avoid being low-balled by the Spurs, Javtokas keeps the option to play for someone else and points out one of the advantages (more playing time). I would guess this is more a sign of him and/or his agent being smart rather than anything certain one way or the other.

I just don't see the Spurs offering more than a two-year LLE offer. That's the max Javtokas would get.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Kori, on the Spurs central forum there’s a guy who posts, goes by the name Spurs Fan Israel. I think he is in the Israeli Army according to his personal info so if you find that article he just might be your translator. Happy hunting.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2006, 11:41 AM
he can still earn top non NBA money and be a star in Europe should he so choose, he isn't forced to take the Spurs' offer or sit down. Life outside the NBA must not be that bad if several top European stars have rejected significant offers to remain with their teams.Define "top non NBA money" if you would. It would be nice to know what that really means.

ploto
06-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Define "top non NBA money" if you would. It would be nice to know what that really means.
Last summer a European team reportedly offered Jasikevicius $2.5M Euros (over $3M US) per season. I think that would have made him the highest paid player in Europe. Additionally, the tax situation is much better for players over there, as well as a lot of perks that teams will give like a place to live, a car, ...

strangeweather
06-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Additionally, the tax situation is much better for players over there
I was under the impression that taxes were higher in Europe than over here. Is that incorrect?

Bruno
06-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I was under the impression that taxes were higher in Europe than over here. Is that incorrect?

It depends on european country. In Spain there are few taxes.
€2.5M in Spain should be equivalent to $4M in nba.

Mr. Body
06-02-2006, 01:07 PM

In general this is true. How can you get better than no income tax, anyway (Texas, Florida...)?

ploto
06-02-2006, 01:22 PM
It depends on european country. In Spain there are few taxes.
€2.5M in Spain should be equivalent to $4M in nba.
Yeah- the team was in Spain.

In general this is true. How can you get better than no income tax, anyway (Texas, Florida...)?
NBA players have to file a state income tax return in every state in which they play for the pro-rated amount of salary they received for games played and number of days spent within that state. So it helps for the games played in SA, Dallas, Houston, etc... but not for almost half of them played in states with a state income tax.

Bruno
06-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah- the team was in Spain.

Yep, richest european teams are in Spain (Tau, Barcelona, Unicaja, Madrid ...) and in Russia with very rich owners.
Nikola Vujicic has received an offer at $2.5M/year from Madrid.
If Scola stay with tau (he sill sign an extension), he should get at least €2.5M/year and likely €3M/year.

ploto
06-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Nikola Vujicic has received an offer at $2.5M/year from Madrid.
Which I guess brings us back to the original topic- which could open that spot for Robertas on Maccabi.

Who knows- Bruno- maybe you will get your wish and Ian will come. If Robertas decides to stay in Europe- and we know how cheaply Ian can be signed since the amount is pre-determined by draft position.

I do have a question for our cap experts and I don't feel like looking it up- how does it work for a team over the cap who wants to sign a first round draft pick, but it is not from that summer's draft- but a previous one. Is there no problem at all doing this??

Bruno
06-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Who knows- Bruno- maybe you will get your wish and Ian will come.

??? It's not my wish at all. I think he should stay one more year in europe and play a lot instead of being the 5th bigmen with Spurs.

I do have a question for our cap experts and I don't feel like looking it up- how does it work for a team over the cap who wants to sign a first round draft pick, but it is not from that summer's draft- but a previous one. Is there no problem at all doing this??

No problem at all.

ploto
06-02-2006, 02:23 PM
??? It's not my wish at all. I think he should stay one more year in europe and play a lot instead of being the 5th bigmen with Spurs.

Sorry- I thought you were the one who wanted Ian here now- and discussed how his trip to SA meant maybe the Spurs were thinking about bringing him now. My bad. :(

I agree. It would be better for him to play another year in Europe and that goes along with the Spurs general theory of development, as well.

Doc Jerome
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
If Javtokas elects not to sign; oh, well. On to the next option. He would have helped. Given the state of the new NBA, Ian Mahinmi is a better fit for the Spurs at the Center spot. And in all likelyhood, Rasho will still be here to welcome him.

Ultimately, I am not concerned so much with this news.

Ariel
06-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Define "top non NBA money" if you would. It would be nice to know what that really means.
I'm too late, as by the time I read this many others have done the job for me. As you see, "top non NBA money" means in all likelihood more than the Spurs would give him, at least for the next 2 or 3 years.

However, I still think this can be pulled off if the Spurs offer an amount large enough to cover the buyout (around 3.5M), plus a decent salary (I'm guessing around 2M). That's why I suggested a 2 years, 7M contract or possibly 3 years, 9M (or something in between, like third year as a player option).

He'd still be leaving money on the table, but the prospect of a bigger payday should be enticing enough for him to take it.

Ariel
06-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Is this the article in question? (http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3255665,00.html)

I got the link courtesy of noamt at SR, whose sayings support Kori's theory that Javtokas supposedly imminent signing by Maccabi is mostly speculation by the Lithuanian media, rather than a reflection of his own words.

noamt recalls Robertas saying that he has offers from Europe, and that though Maccabi is a great option, he has not yet received any concrete offers from them. Additionally, the Israeli media is reporting that Maccabi has approached another Lituanian center, Darjus Lavrinovic.

I think this speaks clearly in the sense that we've been over-analyzing the situation, and that we have to let the events unfold before jumping to conclusions based on dubious media reports.

Solid D
06-02-2006, 05:10 PM
When it comes to conclusions, we have some people with some great hops!

Melmart1
06-02-2006, 05:14 PM
When it comes to conclusions, we have some people with some great hops!

Enough to start a brewery :drunk

Kori Ellis
06-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Is this the article in question? (http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3255665,00.html)

I got the link courtesy of noamt at SR, whose sayings support Kori's theory that Javtokas supposedly imminent signing by Maccabi is mostly speculation by the Lithuanian media, rather than a reflection of his own words.

noamt recalls Robertas saying that he has offers from Europe, and that though Maccabi is a great option, he has not yet received any concrete offers from them. Additionally, the Israeli media is reporting that Maccabi has approached another Lituanian center, Darjus Lavrinovic.

I think this speaks clearly in the sense that we've been over-analyzing the situation, and that we have to let the events unfold before jumping to conclusions based on dubious media reports.

Thanks. It looks like the same article (or something similar).

Buddy Holly
06-02-2006, 05:26 PM

It has been FOOOOUND!!! :elephant

Solid D
06-02-2006, 05:31 PM
:tu

Bruno
06-02-2006, 05:45 PM
another article about Javtokas an Maccabi:
http://www.lrytas.lt/?id=11492514261147658422&view=4

I've translated this article and it says :

First they sum up the news from the Israelian newspaper : Javtokas will sign with Maccabi because Vujicic will leave Maccabi. They didn't confirm the news and insist that it's according to an Israelian newspapaer.

Spurs are interested in Javtokas (despite being an average offensive player) but that Spurs haven't still make an offer.

To finish they write a former quote from Javtokas where he say that his priority is the Lithuanian national team and that he will take time before making his choice.

It confirms Kori's theory that Javtokas with maccabi isn't a done deal.

picnroll
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Well I'm glad we have this cleared up. :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 06:26 PM
I never got that.

If you're good, you'll get minutes. If you suck, be happy you're getting a paycheck at all. Stop fucking asking for guaranteed minutes, damn.

http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/newsmanager/anmviewer.asp?a=3224&z=1

ALVAREZ6
06-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to waste his time and career coming to the NBA and not playing.

Kind of like Carlos Delfino, these guys just wanna play. There's no point in joining a team where you won't play.

Ariel
06-02-2006, 06:31 PM
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9549/breakingnews4ua.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

'In a surprising turn of events, Lithuanian center Robertas Javtokas announced he's leaving basketball to pursue his true calling as a buddhist monk in China'

exstatic
06-02-2006, 06:36 PM
LMFAO! :lol:rollin
I had heard that he was going to either found, or join a cult on Bora Bora.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to waste his time and career coming to the NBA and not playing.

Kind of like Carlos Delfino, these guys just wanna play. There's no point in joining a team where you won't play.

What happened to competitive instinct, and the desire to EARN your minutes.

ducks
06-02-2006, 06:48 PM
I can see him asking. it is better to ask and be honest about it now then in the middle of the season pouting

stepphen jackson wanted a starter clause in his nba contract when his contract ran out and he got the boot becuse of it

Kori Ellis
06-02-2006, 06:48 PM
We don't know that he is insisting on guaranteed minutes, but I'll move this into the Javtokas thread.

ALVAREZ6
06-02-2006, 06:49 PM
What happened to competitive instinct, and the desire to EARN your minutes.
I would agree with it, I just posted what I think is going through the guy's mind.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I can see him asking. it is better to ask and be honest about it now then in the middle of the season pouting

stepphen jackson wanted a starter clause in his nba contract when his contract ran out and he got the boot becuse of it

If they did that with SJax, I doubt they'll let Javkotas bully them around.

According to the article it doesn't really seem like he's just "asking" it seems like he's using the other Euro team as leverage in negotiations with the Spurs. Kind of a "give me more minutes or I'll go to so and so team" type deal. Idiot. That might work with some other team (read: Hawks) but no classy/winning organization is going to guarantee you minutes.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 06:52 PM
We don't know that he is insisting on guaranteed minutes, but I'll move this into the Javtokas thread.

Well, that's what the reports coming out of that Israeli news claim.

My comments are assuming it's true. Until we have more info to claim otherwise.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2006, 06:53 PM
If they did that with SJax, I doubt they'll let Javkotas bully them around.

According to the article it doesn't really seem like he's just "asking" it seems like he's using the other Euro team as leverage in negotiations with the Spurs. Kind of a "give me more minutes or I'll go to so and so team" type deal. Idiot. That might work with some other team (read: Hawks) but no classy/winning organization is going to guarantee you minutes.

Well that article is wrong on some points.

First of all it says the Israeli article came out today and that the other article that said he was leaning toward coming to the Spurs came out yesterday when in fact the Israeli article came out first. Therefore anything in there is speculation.

Solid D
06-02-2006, 06:55 PM
http://www.b92.net/news/pics/2005/09/800632794432db8feec5d2875226112_orig.jpg

It would be nice to see him give it a shot in the NBA. There's no time like the present.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Well that article is wrong on some points.

First of all it says the Israeli article came out today and that the other article that said he was leaning toward coming to the Spurs came out yesterday when in fact the Israeli article came out first. Therefore anything in there is speculation.

So Spursreport is wrong, too?

They have the "he's coming" article then the "maybe not after all" right above that. I'm assuming they put them out in the order they were published? Both are dated June 1st so I'm not sure which came first. But the "maybe not after all" one mentions the "earlier reports which claim he's coming" article...so I can only assume it was indeed published AFTER that.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2006, 06:59 PM

They have the "he's coming" article then the "maybe not after all" right above that. I'm assuming they put them out in the order they were published? Both are dated June 1st so I'm not sure which came first. But the "maybe not after all" one mentions the "earlier reports which claim he's coming" article...so I can only assume it was indeed published AFTER that.

Well if you read this thread that you are posting in, you'll see that we've been talking about it since yesterday.

That Israeli article was published two days ago. A Lithuanian article was published yesterday (June 1st) after the Israeli article saying that he may be coming to the Spurs. Then another Lithuanian article was published citing that in the Israeli article he was saying he's leaning toward Maccabi.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Well if you read this thread that you are posting in, you'll see that we've been talking about it since yesterday.

That Israeli article was published two days ago. A Lithuanian article was published yesterday (June 1st) after the Israeli article saying that he may be coming to the Spurs. Then another Lithuanian article was published citing that in the Israeli article he was saying he's leaning toward Maccabi.

I wasn't posting in this thread. :rolleyes But ok, I'll read up on that.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2006, 07:02 PM
I wasn't posting in this thread. :rolleyes But ok, I'll read up on that.

Yeah -- that's kind of my point. This thread is on the same subject. That's why you didn't need to start a new one.

Ariel
06-02-2006, 07:05 PM

The American reports are based on the Lithuanian reports that are based on the Israeli reports that are based on a Javtokas interview. If you want to know the truth, go to the source. Everything else adds nothing but confusion.

ducks
06-02-2006, 07:14 PM
I think it is almost a done deal
but until he signs it is not

Ariel
06-02-2006, 07:16 PM
I think it is almost a done deal
but until he signs it is not

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3207/crystalball7aa.jpg (http://imageshack.us)