PDA

View Full Version : If it's Mavs vs. Heat

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Why does everyone think the Mavs will destroy the Heat? Dallas can't stop Shaq or Wade. They can play some good defense when needed. I think Miami could take them.

But I still think the Pistons will come out of the East and beat the Mavs in 6.

SA Gunslinger
06-01-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't want to count out Detroit just yet but yeah, I think it's number four for Snaq Attack.

DuncanInYourFace
06-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Heat In 6

You Heard It Here First

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Who would guard Wade in that series?

The Heat may not have the athleticism, but they have the talent. No one is going to stop Shaq & Wade, and Udonis should be good on the offense with _irk guarding him. Jason Williams against Terry...eh, but Antoine Walker will actually be an X factor if it comes to this series.

Now versus Detroit, Ben Wallace is mobile enough to guard Dirk, Rasheed probably could too. Chauncey would own Terry and Tayshaun would keep Howard in check.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-01-2006, 10:26 PM
the problem isn't wade, or shaq, or the heat tryin to guard nowitzki. its the gonna be the role players and simply put, dallas's role players show up a 1000 times more often than the Heat's do. Terry, Howard, Diop, Harris, Stackhouse will night in and night out be way more consistent than payton, mourning, williams, walker, haslem, posey etc..

If the mavs go to the finals, the trophy will be theirs to lose. They are way too deep and consistint (or at least when compared to the Heat) to lose 4 out of 7. I hate to admit it, but its true. This is their year after getting past our Spurs

strangeweather
06-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Who would guard Wade in that series?

Howard and/or Griffin mainly. The Mavs have done fine against Wade in the past.

And they have two centers that are big and strong enough to slow Shaq down without doubling him.

In addition to the cover problems the Heat have with Dirk, the Mavs have quick guys on the break and an arsenal full of shooters.

If that's the series, Mavs in 6.

Bob Lanier
06-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Mavs in 5 against either one. Miami can't guard Nowitzki, Detroit can't guard Howard, neither can guard Harris, and Terry's capable of exploding against either one. And Dallas's depth is unbelievable.

Wade would present some problems for Dallas, though.

Amuseddaysleeper
even if the mavs dont have an answer for wade and shaq, they are just too deep that its gonna take way more than just wade and shaq alone to beat dallas 4 times out of 7. as i said, the mavs role players are much more reliable than the heat role players

FreshPrince22
Mavs will win it if the Pistons don't pull it out. The Heat are playing a little better than the regular season. But the real difference is that the Pistons are in an incredible slump over the last 10 games or so. Even with the slump they have managed to win games when they have absolutely needed them against Miami (and Cleveland).

Spurologist
06-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Heat in 6

T Park
06-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Ill take the heat.

Wade and Shaq will average about 50 each.

DubMcDub
06-01-2006, 11:03 PM

And they have two centers that are big and strong enough to slow Shaq down without doubling him.

In addition to the cover problems the Heat have with Dirk, the Mavs have quick guys on the break and an arsenal full of shooters.

It is so damn refreshing to encounter a Spurs fan on these boards that displays intelligence and isn't completely blinded by bitter emotions.

Seriously--props to you.

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:05 PM
fuck yall jelous haters...

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:07 PM
fuck yall jelous haters...

3 vs. 0

Who's jealous kid?

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:08 PM
3 vs. 0

Who's jealous kid?

whos jelous? ill tell you whos jelous....all the bitter spurs fans talking about how the heat or pistons are going to own the mavs in the finals....

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:09 PM
whos jelous? ill tell you whos jelous....all the bitter spurs fans talking about how the heat or pistons are going to own the mavs in the finals....

Well you're obviously a troll, maybe Mouse so I'll end my conversing with you.

texas84
06-01-2006, 11:10 PM

I second that. The Mavs aren't going to blow them out, but Dallas presents just as many match-up problems to the Heat as the Heat do to the Mavs. In fact, if it ends up being Phoenix (dear god i hope not!), Phoenix would also create several matchup problems, but I think the Heat's advantages would be much more pronounced against the Suns. Who would guard Shaq if Phoenix makes it????

And anyone who thinks Haslem is gonna get his points against Dirk or that he will hinder Dirk on the other end is smoking something. People need to wake up... Dirk will never be an all-nba defender, but he can hold his own now and be a pretty good team defender. The Mavs wouldn't be where they are now or gotten past the Spurs if Dirk was still a slouch on D.

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 11:11 PM
I merely started this because I wanted to know why a lot of people think Miami would get destroyed. They have way more experience in the Finals than anyone on the Dallas...well, maybe not Avery. But Shaq has been there 4 times (or was it 5?), Payton once, Riley has 4 rings, and they have a roster full of older guys but still decent players. You never know.

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:11 PM
is that the best insult u have? "well, youre a troll" who gives a fuck? Troll or not i cant stand all these jelous spurs fans bashing the mavericks....keep that shit to yourself.

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 11:12 PM
is that the best insult u have? "well, youre a troll" who gives a fuck? Troll or not i cant stand all these jelous spurs fans bashing the mavericks....keep that shit to yourself.

What exactly do we have to be jealous of?

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:12 PM

Its 'jealous' you inbreed dumbass.

Again, what in the fuck do any Spurs fans have to be jealous about??

We have three titles, three fucking rings.

The Mavs have annual reservations at golf clubs and beach resorts.

pking
06-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Surpised to see this thread -- I haven't seen any comments other than 'the heat will destroy the mavs if this matchup comes about'

I think the Mavs can do well against the heat -- as people have said, we've done a decent job against wade...no, we're not going to stop him, but we can do an ok job against him. Also, the role players thing like someone mentioned -- Mavs roll players are pretty consistent, especially in comparison to Miami's.

I think the Mavs could speed it up a bit against Miami.

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:13 PM
What exactly do we have to be jealous of?

if its not jelousy then whats the problem....95% of spurs fans constantly bash the mavs. you tell me why u guys are so damn bitter

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:14 PM
if its not jelousy then whats the problem....95% of spurs fans constantly bash the mavs. you tell me why u guys are so damn bitter

Because we got jobbed the fuck out of the playoffs by the refs in games 3 and 4 of the playoffs, that's pretty good reason.

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:15 PM
Because we got jobbed the fuck out of the playoffs by the refs in games 3 and 4 of the playoffs, that's pretty good reason.

LMAO don't kid yourself

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:15 PM
LMAO don't kid yourself

I'm not.

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 11:16 PM

It's mainly because were so damn close. If three fouls hadn't been called (the only one I think was really a foul was Manu's in Game 7), we win this series. The Mavs won, I know, and they outplayed us, this is true, but we were so damn close to one of the greatest victories ever.

And pking, I've seen a few posts. No topics, but I have noticed some posts on it.

pking

Do you come here just to talk shit?

It's not jealousy. fuck yea they're bitter that we just kicked them out of the playoffs but i'd say it's more hatred than jealousy. They feel like we took an undeserved series lead and took an undeserved victory in game 7. They don't respect us, they don't like us, they think we're cheaters and whiners.

That's fine. Let 'em do it.

Mavs_man_41
I'm not.

sorry to disappoint you....but u are lying to yourself

DubMcDub
06-01-2006, 11:17 PM
3 vs. 0

Who's jealous kid?

http://www.davetheguitarplayer.com/delorean.jpg

Fire up the old time machine. :lol

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:17 PM
sorry to disappoint you....but u are lying to yourself

The problem is, I'm not.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:19 PM

It's not history, its fact.

I'll fire that up as soon as some of you lamers gets lives and figure out this is a Spurs forum you're still posting on while your team is still in the WCF's.

:lol :lol

Not enough saloons open up there?

pking
And pking, I've seen a few posts. No topics, but I have noticed some posts on it.

I actually haven't seen a whole hell of alot of talk about it on here, but just in general some of the NBA boards I visit seem to all have Miami down for the trophy. Local media, of course, is a little more positive...but nationally doesn't seem to be the case.

Either way, we really can't go there yet. Gotta take another one in this series. No more doubting, disrespecting, underestimating the Suns...We just gotta go out there and win.

Oh yea, name's Patti. :) I always forget that my S/N is different on this board than everywhere else.

Mavs_man_41
The problem is, I'm not.

how long is this gonna go on? THE SPURS DID NOT GET SCREWED GET OVER IT

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:20 PM
how long is this gonna go on? THE SPURS DID NOT GET SCREWED GET OVER IT

When the NBA overturns a bogus T a week after you exsit the NBA playoffs... well.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck...

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2006, 11:22 PM

Here's the problem with this, I know it's your only argument, but IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN 1 FUCKING YEAR, if you go on to win does your Mav team get to bring up their 1 title next season, by your own defense no.

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Oh yea, name's Patti. :) I always forget that my S/N is different on this board than everywhere else.

Shouldn't your name be pqueen then? :lol

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:23 PM
It's not history, its fact.

I'll fire that up as soon as some of you lamers gets lives and stop posting at a Spurs forum while your team is still in the WCF's.

Not enough saloons opened up there?

why dont u get a life u have no team to cheer for so why are u here
o wait i know youre here to hate on the mavs

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:23 PM

Oh, so you're that lame chick Patti from ISH.

Figures.

sabar
06-01-2006, 11:24 PM
You're screwed no matter what stance you take.

If you love the team that beat the Spurs, then you're a traitor to the team.
If you bash the team that beat the Spurs, the mavs fans call you a bunch of sheep and bitter losers.

What do fans of non-Spurs teams expect at the spurs forum?
"Go Mavs go"?
"We love the refs"?

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:25 PM

Last time I checked, the SPURS still exsist, not like your mind but nonetheless the NBA team called SPURS does still exsist so that would explain why me, a fan of said team, is on a discussion board dedicated to... said team.

pking
I do think the time machine thing is a little overkill considering that it was just LAST YEAR...however, always coming back with '3-0, bitch!' gets annoying. Of course, I guess that's your 'right' as fans of 3 time champions to do that, but it gets kind of ridiculous -- if you were to win 17 games next year and we win 70, you'll still come back with something about how many more trophies you have. Live in the present.

I know if we win it all this year, it'll be 'This one was handed to you by the officials and we still have two more than you'

Owell.

Leetonidas

Um, we do have a team to cheer for, they're just not in the playoffs. We don't run out on our team and start acting like they don't exist when they're not playing. As you can see, the forum is abuzz with Robertas and Scola talks, and other things.

DubMcDub
06-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Here's the problem with this, I know it's your only argument, but IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN 1 FUCKING YEAR, if you go on to win does your Mav team get to bring up their 1 title next season, by your own defense no.

Maybe you guys should have put your 3 championship trophies in the starting lineup and you would have had a chance against the Mavs in Game 7.

Trainwreck2100

OMFG

Trainwreck2100
Maybe you guys should have put your 3 championship trophies in the starting lineup and you would have had a chance against the Mavs in Game 7.

Mavs_man_41
You're screwed no matter what stance you take.

If you love the team that beat the Spurs, then you're a traitor to the team.
If you bash the team that beat the Spurs, the mavs fans call you a bunch of sheep and bitter losers.

What do fans of non-Spurs teams expect at the spurs forum?
"Go Mavs go"?
"We love the refs"?

you dont have to love them or bash them, and you especialy dont have to blame the refs comon grow up

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 11:27 PM
^Owned! (@ Trainwreck)

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
I do think the time machine thing is a little overkill considering that it was just LAST YEAR...however, always coming back with '3-0, bitch!' gets annoying.

Not when you've been accused of being jealous.

Of what? Being in the WCF?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

We probably would be if it were 1993.

Now there's where you girls will need a time machine.

Because NOTHING the Mavs do this year, next year, or the year after and many many years to follow will ever create jealousy for Spurs fans.

pking
06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
Oh, so you're that lame chick Patti from ISH.

Figures.

Why are you a dick to me? Seriously. I didn't do shit to you and if you read my posts, I don't diss your team. I may disagree with some of you guys but I don't talk a lot of shit or anything.

Whatever, man.

But yea, PQueen would not work for me :lol There's a reason for the King but I won't go into that.

pking
06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Not when you've been accused of being jealous.

Of what? Being in the WCF?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

We probably would be if it were 1993.

Now there's where you girls will need a time machine.

Because NOTHING the Mavs do this year, next year, or the year after and many many years to follow will ever create jealousy for Spurs fans.

did you read my post before that? I dont think any Spurs fans are jealous of the Mavs. I think the poster is ridiculous.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:29 PM
you dont have to love them or bash them, and you especialy dont have to blame the refs comon grow up

Yeah, I mean, 50 freethrows!

Fair as a clam.

You're right.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:30 PM
But yea, PQueen would not work for me :lol There's a reason for the King but I won't go into that.

You're a vestie... wait, a hermie...

texas84
06-01-2006, 11:30 PM
It's mainly because were so damn close. If three fouls hadn't been called (the only one I think was really a foul was Manu's in Game 7), we win this series. The Mavs won, I know, and they outplayed us, this is true, but we were so damn close to one of the greatest victories ever.

You're cool man. I respect that. If Dirk misses the and1 free throw or a foul is called at the end and Manu or Duncan get free throws, I'd be the same way.

BTW- This Mavs fan believes these Finals (no matter who is there) are gonna be good. Any of these teams make it, it's gonna be tight. However, I do think that if its Phx/Mia, Miami may win in 5 cause Phx has has nothing to throw at Shaq, and then that leaves Wade to do his thing.

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2006, 11:31 PM

I assumed it was the duck

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-01-2006, 11:31 PM
PHX would run the Heat into the ground IMO...

pking
06-01-2006, 11:32 PM
You're a vestie... wait, a hermie...
Impressive.

How old are you? 13? 16? Honestly, what's your reason for being such a fuckhead to me?

Pay attention to my posts before you go off talking some shit.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I say Miami wins it whether its the Mavs or Suns.

But Nash deserves a ring.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:34 PM
How old are you? 13? 16? Honestly, what's your reason for being such a fuckhead to me?

I'm 11... inches.

Why? Do you even have to ask with the endless about of shit talking you do at ISH.

Not you wanna play goody goody.

But I guess in your world no one here besides you posts or reads from that site.

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:35 PM
I say Miami wins it whether its the Mavs or Suns.

But Nash deserves a ring.

you want to know why nash will never earn a ring? Even though he is one of my favorite players, and fun to watch, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS , hence the spurs and pistons. And although the mavs defense isnt the best it is much improved and the main reason they are now a legit contender.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:36 PM
you want to know why nash will never earn a ring? Even though he is one of my favorite players, and fun to watch, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS , hence the spurs and pistons. And although the mavs defense isnt the best it is much improved and the main reason they are now a legit contender.

Yeah, your big mouth is gonna need to keep quiet until after the WCF because this thing is going 7 and the Suns are 2-0 in game sevens this year alone.

I did you read what I typed?

I said Miami is winning it. Not the Suns. I said I think Nash deserves one.

pking
06-01-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't talk shit, man. I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. I give my opinion just like I do on here. I don't 'play goody goody' anywhere.

That 11 inches thing...clever. Cute, really.

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:38 PM
I don't talk shit, man. I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. I give my opinion just like I do on here. I don't 'play goody goody' anywhere.

Give me a fucking break.

That 11 inches thing...clever. Cute, really.

Clever? No, the truth.

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah, your big mouth is gonna need to keep quiet until after the WCF because this thing is going 7 and the Suns are 2-0 in game sevens this year alone.

I did you read what I typed?

I said Miami is winning it. Not the Suns. I said I think Nash deserves one.

miami is not winning it. neither is phoenix even if they manage to somehow beat the mavs.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-01-2006, 11:41 PM
miami is not winning it. neither is phoenix even if they manage to somehow beat the mavs.

That's right, the Pistons are going to win it...

Thanks for the vote...

:fro

:drunk

Mavs_man_41
06-01-2006, 11:41 PM
That's right, the Pistons are going to win it...

Thanks for the vote...

:fro

:drunk

much better chance of detroit coming back to win it all than miami winning it

Leetonidas
06-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Impressive.

Pay attention to my posts before you go off talking some shit.

I resent that. :lol

Buddy Holly
06-01-2006, 11:42 PM
much better chance of detroit coming back to win it all than miami winning it

If Detroit can come back from the 3-1 hole they put themselves in and play like they did in the finals last season, then yes, they are going to win the title.

pking
06-01-2006, 11:46 PM
You're full of shit. I don't know why you're being a dick to me and pulling shit out of your ass like that, but whatever. You really have no reason to be disrespectful to me just because I give my opinion. If I came on here like some of these other schmucks and started talking shit about your team and trying to overtake your board with some 'Mavs are the shit!' posts, I'd understand your annoyance with me.

Instead, I'm the one that respects your team and tells the Mavs fan that come on here talking about how you guys are jealous that they're bogus but yet you talk down to me. It's whack, man.

I like my team, I defend them when I think it's warranted...that's what fans do. Other than that, I don't see your beef.

DubMcDub
06-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Again, Trainwreck, I don't think you quite understand the whole Time Machine thing. At all, really.

pking
06-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Sorry, Texas.

mavrific
06-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Spurs fans are pathetic your team has 3 rings...And you still lay awake at nights thinking about the mavs...you can blame the refs all you want...But flopobli had the winning layup and choked...Blame his sorry ass if anything...

pwned...

ponky
06-02-2006, 04:48 AM
Its 'jealous' you inbreed dumbass.

Again, what in the fuck do any Spurs fans have to be jealous about??

We have three titles, three fucking rings.

The Mavs have annual reservations at golf clubs and beach resorts.

Um, if you're going to correct someone's spelling then you should probably know how to spell...it's "inbred," not "inbreed."

Yes we know about your three rings, that's why we have h-i-s-t-o-r-y. The Mavericks are not concerned with history right now, there are games to be played.