PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzness...

Sportcamper
06-02-2006, 11:11 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/dirk_nowitzki.jpg

Down by seven and feeling as if a tremendous season might be slipping away, Dirk Nowitzki turned to his Dallas Mavericks teammates during a timeout and simply said, "Give Me The Ball!." No Way was Dirk about to let the Mavericks lose this one... Not with a trip to the NBA Finals this close...

Nowitzki carried the Mavericks on his back... Nowitzki scored 15 straight Mavericks points during the fourth quarter and finished with 50 Points...

Chants of "M! V! P!" got louder each time he went to the foul line in the fourth quarter. He got a big ovation from the crowd of 20,977 when he went out with 1:12 left in the game!!!

It was one of the greatest play-off performances in NBA history.... :elephant

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 11:15 AM
That is the most weak rip-off of a name ever.

CubanMustGo
06-02-2006, 11:19 AM
:wrongf

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Dirk > All

:wrongf

Look around...is it ok for Spurs fans to start Dirk threads???

Sportcamper
06-02-2006, 11:32 AM
As a fan of the NBA....I can appreciate the tremendous effort from last nights game....Not to mention the incredible growth & leadership Dirk has taken this season...

Sportcamper
06-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Now will somebody please post a current picture of Cassandra Johnson... :lol

themvp
06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
Dirk > All

Read this little fvcker : Dirk has done nothing yet. STFU

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Read this little fvcker : Dirk has not done nothing yet. STFU

:lol

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Didn't know a simple ">" could piss someone off so much.

> = :madrun

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Dirk > All

Look around...is it ok for Spurs fans to start Dirk threads???

Maybe if SC was a Spurs fan.

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Didn't know a simple ">" could piss someone off so much.

> = :madrun

LOL...these guys are so damn easy to get fired up... :lol

MadDog73
06-02-2006, 12:52 PM
"Nowitzness" ???

I don't know.. no witness? No wits? That makes no sense.

How about... Sir Dirkless.

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I like "ReDIRKulous" the best... :fro :fro

picnroll
06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Nitwitnesses. Lots of those.

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 12:55 PM
LOL...these guys are so damn easy to get fired up... :lol

you sure are a sadistic little shit ain't ya?

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 12:56 PM
you sure are a sadistic little shit ain't ya?

:fro

Texas_Ranger
06-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Dirk > All

:lol :lol :lol

Sportcamper
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
In all seriousness...Did anyone else think last nights playoff game was a classic? Give Dirk his props...He took over the game in the 4th quarter...The guy was unstoppable...

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 01:10 PM
In all seriousness...Did anyone else think last nights playoff game was a classic? Give Dirk his props...He took over the game in the 4th quarter...The guy was unstoppable...

Instant Classic :fro

MadDog73
06-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Dirk is really impressing me. He's the main reason the Mavs beat the Spurs, and he's doing it again against the Suns.

It'll be fun to see how he handles Detroit or Miami...

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Dirk is really impressing me. He's the main reason the Mavs beat the Spurs, and he's doing it again against the Suns.

It'll be fun to see how he handles Detroit or Miami...

He hit those FTs

ballhog
06-02-2006, 01:17 PM
You probably wouldn't think that as Dirk was getting facialized numerous times in game 4. Everyone knew they were going to win, just like we know Suns will win game 6. Mavs will win in 7. Dirk's sure not the greatest ever.

themvp
06-02-2006, 01:17 PM
If you watch NBA top 10 plays of the day, that announcer or whoever he is, said when Nowitzki was in action: "Eins, zwei, drei!" and then "Drka, drka, drka, drka..." - if you understand Slovenian/Croatian/Serbian then you should laugh :lol

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 01:18 PM
He hit those FTs

Yep...he earned 18 FT's and hit 17...

Earning them is one thing...hitting them is something SA fans are probably more blown away with... :lol

5/6 on 3's...
9/20 on 2's...
12 reb's...
3 asst's...
only 1 TO...

Yep, all he did was hit FT's... :lol

MadDog73
06-02-2006, 01:20 PM
You probably wouldn't think that as Dirk was getting facialized numerous times in game 4. Everyone knew they were going to win, just like we know Suns will win game 6. Mavs will win in 7. Dirk's sure not the greatest ever.

Leonard's is just being himself.

No one is seriously saying Dirk is the best ever.

BUT, if you're going to criticize him in Game 4 (as many did), then give him some props in Game 5.

NoMoneyDown
06-02-2006, 01:21 PM

Yep 17-18 from the charity stripe is definately great! :smokin

MadDog73
06-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Yep 17-18 from the charity stripe is definately great! :smokin

It actually is.

Phenomanul
06-02-2006, 01:23 PM

Earning them is one thing...hitting them is something SA fans are probably more blown away with... :lol

5/6 on 3's...
9/20 on 2's...
12 reb's...
3 asst's...
only 1 TO...

Rub in the fact that Dirk was awarded many free-throws in our series that were unmerited... that alone gave the Mavs the necessary edge to get over the Spurs hurdle... And the worse part is that they barely accomplished it...

But go ahead, bask in the light of the pinnacle of the Maverick's history... We will take it back next year...

THE SIXTH MAN
06-02-2006, 01:23 PM

5/6 on 3's...
9/20 on 2's...
12 reb's...
3 asst's...
only 1 TO...

Keep trying to validate your team cupcake :smokin

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 01:24 PM
But go ahead, bask in the light of the pinnacle of the Maverick's history... We will take it back next year...

That's the part I don't get

MadDog73
06-02-2006, 01:25 PM
I guess I'll repeat my claim here, since apparently it's still true:

Spurs fans are just pissed because our team doesn't shoot free throws as well.

Nobody here would be complaining if Duncan made 17-18 FTs and scored 50 points doing it...

NoMoneyDown
06-02-2006, 01:25 PM
It actually is.

Hence my post (well, part of it anyway).

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 01:26 PM

:lol

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Rub in the fact that Dirk was awarded many free-throws in our series that were unmerited... that alone gave the Mavs the necessary edge to get over the Spurs hurdle... And the worse part is that they barely accomplished it...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Keep trying to validate your team cupcake :smokin

If stating facts = validation, then ok...

I guess I'll repeat my claim here, since apparently it's still true:

Nobody here would be complaining if Duncan made 17-18 FTs and scored 50 points doing it...

EXACTLY!!! :fro

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
wait a minute

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ballhog
06-02-2006, 01:37 PM

5/6 on 3's...
9/20 on 2's...
12 reb's...
3 asst's...
only 1 TO...

Dirk had 2 less free throw attempts than the whole Suns team? That doesn't seem strange. Oh, yeah that happens every night. What's the over/under for the next game 20? I'd take the over every time.

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Dirk had 2 less free throw attempts than the whole Suns team? That doesn't seem strange. Oh, yeah that happens every night. What's the over/under for the next game 20? I'd take the over every time.

It is what it is...they fouled him a lot and the Suns shoot more jumpers than the Mavs...

Sportcamper
06-02-2006, 01:51 PM
http://static.flickr.com/37/74353767_04c2efc838_m.jpg

Aaugh!!!...My thread has been banished to the “Ducks incoherent nobody ever reads forum”....Thank You Kori.... :lol

Sportcamper
06-02-2006, 01:54 PM
OOOPS...I am flooded... :angel

Phenomanul
06-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Duncan pushed into Nowitzki by Dampier... free throws for Nowitzki...

Nowitzki falls out of bounds after loosing control of the ball, Barry looked at him... free throws for Nowitzki...

Nowitzki charges into Duncan, who is clearly set 2 feet outside of the arc... free throws for Nowitzki...

Nowitzki steps on Duncan's foot, and rams into Duncan... free throws for Nowitzki...

Nowitzki pushes off of Bowen with 7 seconds remaining in the game... free throws for Nowitzki...

Not to mention the refs were blowing their whistles before contact was even drawn.... awarding you guessed it... Nowitzki...

Technical on Raja Bell?... for what??? who knows.... FT awarded to Nowitzki...

Hell, your lack of memory amazes me LEONARD...

Oh yeah... Michael Finley's rescinded technical awarded a free throw to you guessed again.... Nowitzki...

But relish your moment....

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 02:33 PM

Nowitzki falls out of bounds after loosing control of the ball, Barry looked at him... free throws for Nowitzki...

Nowitzki charges into Duncan, who is clearly set 2 feet outside of the arc... free throws for Nowitzki...

Nowitzki steps on Duncan's foot, and rams into Duncan... free throws for Nowitzki...

Nowitzki pushes off of Bowen with 7 seconds remaining in the game... free throws for Nowitzki...

Not to mention the refs were blowing their whistles before contact was even drawn.... awarding you guessed it... Nowitzki...

Oh yeah... Michael Finley's rescinded technical awarded a free throw to you guessed again.... Nowitzki...

Phenomanul
06-02-2006, 02:44 PM

Hard to deny the gift wrapped... circumstantial or not... season the Mavs are being awarded... But like you said, it's a good thing Nowitzki can actually hit his free throws...

LEONARD
06-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Hard to deny the gift wrapped... circumstantial or not... season the Mavs are being awarded... But like you said, it's a good thing Nowitzki can actually hit his free throws...

I could, but I won't bother detailing all of the missed / bad calls that went against the Mavs...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 02:48 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Phenomanul
06-02-2006, 02:50 PM
I could, but I won't bother detailing all of the missed / bad calls that went against the Mavs...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's because you won't find any that decided the outcome of the game in the Spurs' favor...

There, I spared you the trouble... or dare I say, you were just speaking without basis?

Louae
06-02-2006, 03:20 PM

16 free throws of examples.... WOW, and that's about a game's worth of free throws for Nowitski.

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2006, 03:28 PM
That's because you won't find any that decided the outcome of the game in the Spurs' favor...

I seem to recall Parker pushing Dirk in the back while he was going for the game winning tip-in with 2 seconds left in the game. Spurs won. Sounds like a deciding factor to me.

bulletedge
06-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Actually, Parker had a handful of Dirk's jersey. Check the replay.

Drbio
06-02-2006, 04:34 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Game%205%20WCF/nowitness.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Actually, Parker had a handful of Dirk's jersey. Check the replay.
Yeah, that was it. Anyways, funny he hasn't responded.

Phenomanul
06-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, that was it. Anyways, funny he hasn't responded.

It negates Duncan's no-call at the end of regulation in Game 7... But you still have attrocious calls that decided both games 3 and 4 both in favor of Dallas....

SA Gunslinger
06-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Nowitzki is a good shooter. That's it.

Every other aspect of his game is average, below average, or absolutely horrible.

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2006, 08:40 PM
It negates Duncan's no-call at the end of regulation in Game 7... But you still have attrocious calls that decided both games 3 and 4 both in favor of Dallas....Players decide games. The refs didn't cause Ginobli to make turnovers, or Duncan to miss a point blank 8 footer.

Give it a rest will ya. You make the rest of your fanbase that has accepted the loss look bad.

DubMcDub
06-02-2006, 08:40 PM

He did this:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/fb118516-8a3f-4838-8d3b-b9d488aa66dc.jpg

Phenomanul
06-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Players decide games. The refs didn't cause Ginobli to make turnovers, or Duncan to miss a point blank 8 footer.

Give it a rest will ya. You make the rest of your fanbase that has accepted the loss look bad.

But that didn't happen... even those that typically don't complain about the refs due to 'objectivity' saw it... Different game altogether when the other team is awarded the free-throws that give them the lead or the tie... you haven't seen me complain about Ginobili's foul on Dirk, have you... that was the right call.

It's harder to accept the loss when the media makes it look like we were annihilated... we lost Game 7 in overtime... and that game could have gone either way... think of it this way, the Mavs were close to adding themselves to the ultimate list of chokers... instead the Spurs relinquished their quest for a back-to-back.... and gracefully exited the stage without comments against the refs....

Avery complained in every single post conference during the series....
"bear-hug defense"
"up hill battle against the refs"
"Big-man shortage"

His whole game strategy was predicated on fouling the living game out of Duncan... and then he has the audacity to complain??? even after the games he won... including Game 7... I was all??? Dude, you just won Game 7 and you are talking about waging an uphill battle against the refs??? And that game the whistle was blown equally 39 to 32 free-throws in favor of the Spurs...

I won't even bother to mention Cuban's infantile rants.... If I dislike the Mavs it's 100% because of this guy...

Yes, we blew our chances... I've admitted that much in several threads, but that doesn't take away the fact that I sincerely believe this series was horribly officiated...

picnroll
06-02-2006, 09:19 PM
hegamboa give it up. These guys would be pissing blood if their team got jobbed by the refs like the Spurs did. Since it's the Spurs and they that beat their teams and have dominanted lately they're enjoying the jobbing and our complaining about it.

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2006, 09:28 PM
But that didn't happen... even those that typically don't complain about the refs due to 'objectivity' saw it... Different game altogether when the other team is awarded the free-throws that give them the lead or the tie... you haven't seen me complain about Ginobili's foul on Dirk, have you... that was the right call.

It's harder to accept the loss when the media makes it look like we were annihilated... we lost Game 7 in overtime... and that game could have gone either way... think of it this way, the Mavs were close to adding themselves to the ultimate list of chokers... instead the Spurs relinquished their quest for a back-to-back.... and gracefully exited the stage without comments against the refs....

Avery complained in every single post conference during the series....
"bear-hug defense"
"up hill battle against the refs"
"Big-man shortage"

His whole game strategy was predicated on fouling the living game out of Duncan... and then he has the audacity to complain??? even after the games he won... including Game 7... I was all??? Dude, you just won Game 7 and you are talking about waging an uphill battle against the refs??? And that game the whistle was blown equally 39 to 32 free-throws in favor of the Spurs...

I won't even bother to mention Cuban's infantile rants.... If I dislike the Mavs it's 100% because of this guy...

Yes, we blew our chances... I've admitted that much in several threads, but that doesn't take away the fact that I sincerely believe this series was horribly officiated...At the end of the series, with all said and done, I believe the Spurs had 2 more FTA's than the Mavs. Had the Spurs made most of their FT's, we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we?

angryllama
06-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Wow. I came by to see how Spur fans were taking the conference finals. I never expected to see fans who claim to mirror their "all class" organization so willing to blame the loss to Dallas on the referees. Not only that, but to attempt to discredit one of the all-time great playoff performances because of baseless biases.

Dallas is young, and the best player on the planet right now, Dirk, is only 27. You guys better get used to losing to him and his cohorts on occasion.