PDA

View Full Version : Put a fork in Detroit, D. Wade has the flu

Vizzini
06-02-2006, 11:43 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2467803

Looks like an epic performence is in store and the Heat move on. Wade's illness coupled with Detroit's ineptitude recently is going to create one of the big stories of the 2006 playoffs. The way he has been playing, he will now probably drop in 45, 20 of which will be in the 4th quarter, drawing comparison to a certain living legend. Damn, I hope I'm wrong.

DarkReign
06-02-2006, 01:13 PM
He doesnt have the flu. DWade for all his greatness, is a drama queen. He wants the world to say things like "Oh my, he did all this with the flu ladies and gentlemen! Jeez, what an effort, he willed his team to victory!" and other like minded penis-slobbering.

Its fake. In terms of fakenss and drama, Miami ranks just behind LA and NYC. Hell, NYC one could argue is less dramatic and fake than Miami.

JamStone
06-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Nice media ploy to set up one of the greatest performances in an NBA playoffs game ever.

He probably coughed once and had itchy eyes.

Sneeze and it's "flu like symptoms."

Come on, Pat Riley, why did you need to do this?

1Parker1
06-02-2006, 01:53 PM
He doesnt have the flu. DWade for all his greatness, is a drama queen.

:tu :tu

He'll drop 40 and the media will go crazy tommorow comparing his performance with the infamous MJ flu game where he dropped 35+ and was dehydrated after the game.

1Parker1
06-02-2006, 01:54 PM
BUT,

go PISTONS!!! :elephant

pussyface
06-02-2006, 01:57 PM
...you guys really have a championship mentallity.

one guy on the opposing team gets a flue and all of a sudden your expecting the worst for your dream team.

I guess it is all a joke and you guys aren't serious.

It seems like there is an ill-wind blowing in Detroit.

pache100
06-02-2006, 01:57 PM
:tu :tu

He'll drop 40 and the media will go crazy tommorow comparing his performance with the infamous MJ flu game where he dropped 35+ and was dehydrated after the game.

I hope he does drop 40 and has to take IV fluids during halftime. And the Pistons still win.

Vizzini
06-02-2006, 02:02 PM
ESPNEWS all ready had the comparison as one of their stories. "Dwyane Wade is compared to Michael Jordan a lot, tonight he will be able to draw more comparisons, though in an unusual way..." I guess this is the praise you get for falling seven times and being able to magically get up one more than the times you have fallen. Only D. Wade is able to do that.

DarkReign
06-02-2006, 02:30 PM
ESPNEWS all ready had the comparison as one of their stories. "Dwyane Wade is compared to Michael Jordan a lot, tonight he will be able to draw more comparisons, though in an unusual way..." I guess this is the praise you get for falling seven times and being able to magically get up one more than the times you have fallen. Only D. Wade is able to do that.

...and Jesus. Oh, and Darko too.

Hell, why not the top 5 picks in the 2003 draft.

Spurologist
06-02-2006, 02:31 PM
wtf is up with Wade in crucial playoff games

DarkReign
06-02-2006, 02:36 PM
wtf is up with Wade in crucial playoff games

Its called Overly Dramatic.

Its so when/if he does fail, he has a built-in excuse.

BUT! heres the kicker

If he wins, its the greatest performance since MJ played 1 on 5 in game 7 against the Pistons and won by 30.

Its queenish, dramatic, TNT-fueled garbage that applies to the lowest common denominator and homers. Chicks will watch because poor DWade had a hangnail this morning.

mike detroit
06-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Chicks will watch because poor DWade had a hangnail this morning.

so true. I've often noticed on the Heat board that the stupidest posts are usually by people with names that are some form of "DWADEZGIRL"

ALVAREZ6
06-02-2006, 06:02 PM
He doesnt have the flu. DWade for all his greatness, is a drama queen. He wants the world to say things like "Oh my, he did all this with the flu ladies and gentlemen! Jeez, what an effort, he willed his team to victory!" and other like minded penis-slobbering.

Its fake. In terms of fakenss and drama, Miami ranks just behind LA and NYC. Hell, NYC one could argue is less dramatic and fake than Miami.
Exactly.

Wade does this crap all the time, just like his commercial.

He always falls to the ground and takes forever to get up before shooting FT's, acts like he hurt his knee/ankle or something, limps around a little bit. Then goes and shoots his FT's, stays in the game in such a heroic way.

DubMcDub
06-02-2006, 06:03 PM

Miami may be a drama-laden city but Wade is not a drama queen in the least. He's one of the most down to earth and humble players in the NBA.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Miami may be a drama-laden city but Wade is not a drama queen in the least. He's one of the most down to earth and humble players in the NBA.
:tu

Wade's cool. Blame the media, not him.

The only reason he falls down is cuz he plays the game like a football player and is like a basketball midget. The opponents like to take him down too cuz of his constant penetration. Manu did that all last year. Then cuz he has a 3 point shot stopped for a while. So I don't see why the complaints about Wade getting hurt. Manu does a lot of the same, except gets back up faster. It's cuz he's a more muscular penetrator than Manu, and a damn good one, so he goes at the hole stronger and falls down harder.