PDA

View Full Version : Steelers or Mav's

dbestpro
06-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Which is worse. The officiating against Maverick opponents or the officiating against the Steeler opponents?

thispego
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
yeesh, close one

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
The answer is the chicago white sox, those calls were so bad the umps had to call a press conference.

Spurologist
06-02-2006, 06:44 PM
1. Mavericks
2. Seattle
3. Steelers

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 06:44 PM
1. Mavericks
2. Seattle
3. Steelers

cmon, no sox?

dbestpro
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Okay, add the Sox.

dbestpro
06-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Acutally, the more I see how bad officiating has gotten the more I appreciate the USC- Texas national championship game. The officiating was equally bad, but both teams were able to overcome the ref influence and delivered a great game.

tlongII
06-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Seattle got totally hosed. Spurs vs Mavs is 2nd. Sox would be 3rd.

Spurologist
06-02-2006, 06:49 PM
cmon, no sox?

1. Mavericks
1 1/2. Sox
2. Seattle
3. Steelers

Badda Bing Badda Boom

Shank
06-02-2006, 07:34 PM
You're all fucked in the head.

ducks
06-02-2006, 07:37 PM
is that where you fuck?

Burn531
06-02-2006, 07:46 PM
You're all fucked in the head.

In the words of George Costanza: "Funny guy!! Shank is a funny guy!". :)

DubMcDub
06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Definitely no bias in this thread :lol.

dbestpro
06-02-2006, 08:23 PM
New band wagon team. Go Zebras. You can't lose.

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Acutally, the more I see how bad officiating has gotten the more I appreciate the USC- Texas national championship game. The officiating was equally bad, but both teams were able to overcome the ref influence and delivered a great game.

USC got fucked

shelshor
06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
1. Mavs
2. Steelers
3. Sox

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Kings vs. Lakers

Game 6

DubMcDub
06-02-2006, 08:35 PM
USC got fucked

I can't say this comment surprises me.

"His knee was down! WAAAAAH!!!!" :lol

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I can't say this comment surprises me.

"His knee was down! WAAAAAH!!!!" :lol

I a fucking UT fan motherfucker

DubMcDub
06-02-2006, 08:37 PM
I a fucking UT fan motherfucker

Maybe you should consider re-phrasing your comment earlier, cause it sure doesn't sound like it. :lol

Trainwreck2100
06-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Maybe you should consider re-phrasing your comment earlier, cause it sure doesn't sound like it. :lol

I just fucking woke up.

angryllama
06-03-2006, 02:43 AM
What a bunch of whiny losers. Pitiful.

rayray2k8
06-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Well leave if you dont like it.
Mav fans whine because we whine!
So really, we're all whinning!! :lol

Get over it mav fans, you'll never have spurs fans admit the mavs won the series without bring up the refs.

Go flood the suns forums or something.
Hardly anybody in the forum, respect Mavrick fans with the way they've been acting up lately.

angryllama
06-03-2006, 03:11 AM
Well leave if you dont like it.
Mav fans whine because we whine!
So really, we're all whinning!! :lol
Get over it mav fans, you'll never have spurs fans admit the mavs won the series without bring up the refs.
Go flood the suns forums or something.
Hardly anybody in the forum, respect Mavrick fans with the way they've been acting up lately.

Well, when you smack the Champs off of their pedastal with what has now become legendary transcendant basketball by Nowitzki, and then you watch he and the Mavs follow it up with more of the same where he continually exceeds expectations time and time again, and you hear nothing but bitterness from Spurs homers over whatever excuse they can muster up, you tend to can the discussion and go straight to the smack talk to put them in their place. Their place is looking up at Dirk and Dallas.

Dirk Nowitzki has been flat out amazing in the playoffs. By far the best overall playoff performance by a single player since Jordan graced the stage. You would think that he's terrible and that his team was buttressed by David Stern himself in reading these ridiculous posts on this forum.

The last time I visited this forum, a couple of people and I had some nice real basketball discussions. Most of you are content to whine about the refs and how Nowitzki's performance was based solely on what the refs did for him. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

J.T.
06-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Dirk Nowitzki has been flat out amazing in the playoffs. By far the best overall playoff performance by a single player since Jordan graced the stage.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ONLY A MAVS FAN

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Shank
06-03-2006, 08:45 AM
I do think the last player to have a 50/10 game was Jordan. If so, then he's actually right.

Hook Dem
06-03-2006, 10:07 AM
I do think the last player to have a 50/10 game was Jordan. If so, then he's actually right.
How many from the charity stripe???? :lol :lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Dirk Nowitzki has been flat out amazing in the playoffs. By far the best overall playoff performance by a single player since Jordan graced the stage. You would think that he's terrible and that his team was buttressed by David Stern himself in reading these ridiculous posts on this forum.

MJ never closed out the game at the FT line so no

Shank
06-03-2006, 11:48 AM
How many from the charity stripe???? :lol :lol :lol

In Jordan's highest scoring season (1987), he went to the line 972 times. In the 1989 playoffs, he attempted 229 Fts. In 1998, 223. In the 8 games he topped 50 points in the playoffs, he averaged just over 15 FTA per game. He had a 21 and 27 FTA game.

In Dirk's best scoring season(2006), he went to the line 598 times. He's attempted 165 so far in these playoffs. Depending on how many more games Dallas plays, there's the chance that he could pass those numbers from Jordan but that's yet to be seen.

Again, I'm not saying that Dirk is anywhere on Jordan's level. But let's not act like you're seeing something unusual in the playoffs.

RonMexico
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM

Number of fines on anyone in Suns organization complaining about the officials: 0
Number of fines on Mark Cuban: 10+

No one whines more than you guys have for the past 6 years - congratulations to you for setting the precedent, because the rest of us in the league are desperately trying to catch up, but I don't know if we have the collective number of pussies in our respective cities to make a real push for #1, so it looks like Dallas might stay up there for a while...

Shank
06-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Number of fines on anyone in Suns organization complaining about the officials: 0
Number of fines on Mark Cuban: 10+

No one whines more than you guys have for the past 6 years - congratulations to you for setting the precedent, because the rest of us in the league are desperately trying to catch up, but I don't know if we have the collective number of pussies in our respective cities to make a real push for #1, so it looks like Dallas might stay up there for a while...

Tim Thomas would make up the difference in pussies.

rayray2k8
06-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Well, when you smack the Champs off of their pedastal with what has now become legendary transcendant basketball by Nowitzki, and then you watch he and the Mavs follow it up with more of the same where he continually exceeds expectations time and time again, and you hear nothing but bitterness from Spurs homers over whatever excuse they can muster up, you tend to can the discussion and go straight to the smack talk to put them in their place. Their place is looking up at Dirk and Dallas.

Riiiiiight.
Only a mavs fan indeed.
Jordan dipped in white huh?
I guess Jordan must of took a few German classes, and listen to David Hasselhoff while he was at it.

And you're accusing ME of being homer. :rolleyes

No one will EVER come close to doing what Jordan did.'

Example:
Jordan: 6 rings.
Dirk: 3-point champ
nuff said.

When Dallas gets to 6, then we'll talk.
Till then, try and hold off on the comparison to MJ.

pussyface
06-03-2006, 01:41 PM
rayray.
michael jordan is a more accomplished basketball player than dirk?
thanks for clearing that up for me.
you win again!

Shank
06-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Riiiiiight.
Only a mavs fan indeed.
Jordan dipped in white huh?
I guess Jordan must of took a few German classes, and listen to David Hasselhoff while he was at it.

And you're accusing ME of being homer. :rolleyes

No one will EVER come close to doing what Jordan did.'

Example:
Jordan: 6 rings.
Dirk: 3-point champ
nuff said.

When Dallas gets to 6, then we'll talk.
Till then, try and hold off on the comparison to MJ.

He was saying, in his opinion, that Dirk's 50/12 and outscoring the Suns by himself in the 4th quarter was one of the greatest playoff performances SINCE Jordan played. I'm not going to go back and look up game-by-game performances but I'd like to have you name a more dramatic performance by a single player in the playoffs since 1998. It had nothing to do with Dirk v. Jordan and their individual accomplishments.

But, using your theory, shouldn't Robert Horry be at least as good as Jordan?

Shank
06-03-2006, 01:52 PM
dirk made more freethrows than field goals in the 4th quarter

impressive, hasselhoff is

But tell me he's nothing but a jumpshooter. Please whip out that genius line.

RonMexico
06-03-2006, 04:08 PM
But tell me he's nothing but a jumpshooter. Please whip out that genius line.

Everyone knows that he drives a lot more this year and that's why he's getting to the line... that's also why "Can't Breathe Near Dirk" is on the top of Stu Jackson's points to each official before the game. The problem isn't that he got 18 total free throws, it's that he got 6 to 8 critical ones on touch fouls and an extra technical because of Dirk's new "herky-jerk backdowns" (in Bill Simmons's vocabulary).

schadenfreude52
06-03-2006, 07:37 PM
New band wagon team. Go Zebras. You can't lose.

Haha, very true. But not only for the Mavs; they're bitches for every team. You will never see a completely fair NBA game until refs are able to review the calls through instant replay.