PDA

View Full Version : Dominican Mathematician

mcornelio
06-02-2006, 08:17 PM
An recent Dominican immigrant to New York wanted a job, but the foreman won't hire him until he passes a little math test.

"Here's your first question," the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9."

"Without numbers?" the Dominican says, "Dat is easy." And he proceeds to draw three trees.

"What's this?" the boss asks.

"Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine," says the Dominican.

"Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."

The Dominican stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has ust drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go."

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"

"Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty tree. Dat is 99."

"All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent the number 100."

The Dominican man stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go. One hundred."

The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!"

The Dominican leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree and says, "A little dog came along and crap by each tree. So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd, dat make one hundred. So, when I start?"

timvp
06-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Shoulda just went to play for the Yankees or Mets.

:smokin

DannyT
06-02-2006, 08:39 PM
exactly my point ...immigration sure isnt a problem for them and their families is it

what lines do they waitin in ?

ball players are makin the country and MLB soooo much money but you dont ever here them effected by the laws of immigration.....yes yes i know they are given their passports and cards upon arrival but shouldnt they have to wait in line just like errryone else?

or is that not how the MLB worker problem works

and good joke by the way but isnt there a joke of the day thread somewhere