PDA

View Full Version : "Antoine Walker doesn't win championships"

Spurologist
06-02-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't remember if it was you who said but whoever it was, man up and retract your statement now.

If you do man up and stay by your original arguement, please post your reasons now.

gmanrulz
06-02-2006, 09:45 PM
im pretty sure whoever said that meant walker as ur go to guy wont win a championshop, not as a guy whos the 3rd or 4th option behind 2 superstars

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Did the Heat win the Finals?

Maybe post this at a later time yeah?

Amuseddaysleeper
06-02-2006, 09:55 PM
the heat havent won the championship, they still have to go through the best team they have yet to face in the playoffs

the mavericks

(never in a million years did I think I'd ever say that)

Spurologist
06-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Did the Heat win the Finals?

Maybe post this at a later time yeah?

Please read or get some houreyes glasses

Here you go

If you do man up and stay by your original arguement, please post your reasons now.

rascal
06-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Dallas has no answer for Shaq. Their only hope is an injury to Shaq. Two go to stars (Shaq and Wade) are better than one (Dirk).

Horry For 3!
06-02-2006, 10:00 PM
The Heat hasn't won a championship yet so the statement stands

:wtf

Spurologist
06-02-2006, 10:07 PM
The Heat hasn't won a championship yet so the statement stands

:wtf

Correct, but whodunnit will continue.

This thread will be a like giant douche: no matter how much you flush, it will always rise to the top.

Dre_7
06-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't remember if it was you who said but whoever it was, man up and retract your statement now.

:lmao

Yeah, Shaq, D Wade, and Riley are just lucky to be riding Antoine Walker to the Finals :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
06-03-2006, 12:00 AM
i think your mistaken, Im pretty sure it was

"Michael Finley doesn't win championships.................even when riding on coat tails"

:smokin

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Lmao.

That's like saying Speedy Claxton won our championships.

GO SPurs Go
06-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Ok, here I am, I said it. Here are the reasons why I still stand by that statement!
(Warning, this content is not appropriate for children under the age of 18)
1. Walker is a walking piece of shit. He walks and runs while touching his balls (seriously, I watched the replay and was surprised. Not because he was touching his balls, but because I didn't know he had any) and he is not scared to drive in.
2. He is getting more points than before because he is getting more touches than before. Nearly all of his points come from open shots (cause of Shaq) beyond the arc.
3. See 1 and 2

Spurologist
06-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok, here I am, I said it. Here are the reasons why I still stand by that statement!
(Warning, this content is not appropriate for children under the age of 18)
1. Walker is a walking piece of shit. He walks and runs while touching his balls (seriously, I watched the replay and was surprised. Not because he was touching his balls, but because I didn't know he had any) and he is not scared to drive in.
2. He is getting more points than before because he is getting more touches than before. Nearly all of his points come from open shots (cause of Shaq) beyond the arc.
3. See 1 and 2

Check your history before posting please. Boston Celtics.

DirkAB
06-03-2006, 04:26 PM

How long have you been following the NBA? Isn't that what happens when players play with Shaq every year? They get more open looks than they have ever had anywhere else, that's common knowlege. So are you suprised by Walker getting all these open looks?

Bob Lanier
06-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Antoine Walker wasn't even a starter until the beginning of April.

pussyface
06-03-2006, 05:54 PM
im saying it right now, on june 3 2006: antoine walker doesn't win championships.

antoine walker will retire without ever winning an nba championship when miami cuts him loose after a poor/inconsistent/antoinwalkerlike showing in the NBA finals.

i cant wait to see this guy in the finals...I am licking my chops over the prospect of facing Antoine more than any other player (even Jason Williams)

picnroll
06-03-2006, 07:37 PM
How long have you been following the NBA? Isn't that what happens when players play with Shaq every year? They get more open looks than they have ever had anywhere else, that's common knowlege. So are you suprised by Walker getting all these open looks?
Obviously you haven't been following the NBA this year. Pistons didn't double Shaq at all. They stayed home. More often than not if Walker got an open look it was a result of Wade.

Leetonidas
06-03-2006, 07:38 PM
You're thinking of what Kori said. But she said...

"Teams with Antoine Walker don't make it to the Finals."

Spurologist
06-03-2006, 07:44 PM
You're thinking of what Kori said. But she said...

"Teams with Antoine Walker don't make it to the Finals."

True but he's in the finals.

Point is, Walker is playing more within the team concept instead of jacking up contested three pointers like he did in Atlanta and Boston.

Spurologist
06-03-2006, 07:55 PM

Kori Ellis
06-03-2006, 09:37 PM
True, I did say either that teams with Antoine Walker don't make it the Finals (or don't win Championships).

I hate Antoine Walker and Gary Payton. But I think Wade is incredible. So if he wins a title, then I don't care that the other two came along for the ride.

DirkAB
06-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Obviously you haven't been following the NBA this year. Pistons didn't double Shaq at all. They stayed home. More often than not if Walker got an open look it was a result of Wade.

That's one team that is able to go without doubling the guy, and they are already eliminated, so are there any more? Will the Mavs double him? So are you saying that being on Shaq's team isn't a huge advantage for shooters? That was the only point that I made in that post, and you disagreed with my post, so I guess you are saying that having Shaq on your team holds no advantage for a scorer.

GO SPurs Go
06-04-2006, 03:57 PM
No, all I'm saying is that Walker is a fucking pussy. People are all impressed about his three pointers, but they're all open. Kind of like KVH if you know what I mean.

1Parker1
06-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Bump. :)

1Parker1
06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
These past two games are evidence of the fact that Antoine Walker is over-rated, one dimensional, inconsistent, and IMO isn't even good enough to be considered a "role player" in today's NBA.

1Parker1
06-12-2006, 12:46 PM
P.S I know, I know. Mavs haven't won the championship yet. However, even if the Heat somehow come back and win this thing, guaranteed it will be no thanks to Walker.

MadDog73
06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Shit, I'll go on record saying the Mavs have won their first Championship...

and if this jinxes them? Oh well...

Seriously, I can't think of how the Heat can come back from this. For detailed reasons, check my post here http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43710

1Parker1
06-12-2006, 12:59 PM
:lol I don't think the Heat will win this series either. I was just stating that as a precaution to all the posters that would have said "It ain't over yet..."

Burn531
06-20-2006, 11:17 PM
:lol

3rdCoast
06-20-2006, 11:18 PM
:lol I don't think the Heat will win this series either. I was just stating that as a precaution to all the posters that would have said "It ain't over yet..."

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

3rdCoast
06-20-2006, 11:18 PM
P.S I know, I know. Mavs haven't won the championship yet. However, even if the Heat somehow come back and win this thing, guaranteed it will be no thanks to Walker.

3rdCoast
06-20-2006, 11:19 PM
These past two games are evidence of the fact that Antoine Walker is over-rated, one dimensional, inconsistent, and IMO isn't even good enough to be considered a "role player" in today's NBA.
:elephant

Dre_7
06-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Shaq and Wade are lucky to be riding Walkers coattails to a title. Matter of fact Wade and Shaq dont even deserve this. It was all Walker baby!!

MadDog73
06-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Shit, I'll go on record saying the Mavs have won their first Championship...

and if this jinxes them? Oh well...

Seriously, I can't think of how the Heat can come back from this. For detailed reasons, check my post here http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43710

:oops

So, uh, good Jinx, eh?

LEONARD
06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
They won in spite of the "volume shooter"... :lmao

Had he shot a little more, the Mavs would've won ;)