PDA

View Full Version : Well ain't that a bitch

DDS4
06-02-2006, 10:20 PM
No Spurs in the finals.
No Pistons in the finals.

I was totally wrong about this season. For one, I thought it would take an act from God not to have at least one of these two teams in the Finals again.

I guess that's why they play the games.

gospursgojas
06-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Or an act of Stern

dknights411
06-02-2006, 10:22 PM
We were ALL wrong apparently. :pctoss

Good thing I don't bet. :)

spurs=bling
06-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Or an act of Stern
:lol

but it sucks that pistons didn't make it.

Spurologist
06-02-2006, 10:34 PM
No Spurs in the finals.
No Pistons in the finals.

I was totally wrong about this season. For one, I thought it would take an act from God not to have at least one of these two teams in the Finals again.

I guess that's why they play the games.

That's why you have to call Ms. Cleo for those types of situations.

FreshPrince22
06-02-2006, 10:35 PM
What a waste of a season.

milkyway21
06-02-2006, 11:49 PM
What a waste of a season.i agree :grim

our quest for best record for HCA was useless.

what a waste.

see you again next yr Detroit! :smokin

DirkAB
06-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Or an act of Stern

Seriously, if anybody truly believed that, then you would be an absolute fool for ever watching another game.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 11:53 PM
The Spurs should be there.

The Pistons just got outplayed.

TheSanityAnnex
06-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Bakrid, I know who you are. And yeah. Fuck that Bitch.

ponky
06-02-2006, 11:56 PM
i agree :grim

our quest for best record for HCA was useless.

what a waste.

see you again next yr Detroit! :smokin

Best record doesn't always equate to a finals showdown, especially the last three years:

2003-2004:
best record in the east: indiana
best record in the west: minnesota
finals: lakers/pistons

2004-2005:
best record in the east: miami
best record in the west: phoenix
finals: spurs/pistons

2005-2006:
best record in the east: pistons
best record in the west: spurs
finals: heat/winner of suns/mavs

MWILL
06-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Are u kidding me! The Spurs played great, but lost. Detroit played like shit (again!!) Pistons didn't deserve to go to the finals. BTW who are you Spurs/Pistons fans going for now! Suns? or Heat.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Are u kidding me! The Spurs played great, but lost. Detroit played like shit (again!!) Pistons didn't deserve to go to the finals. BTW who are you Spurs/Pistons fans going for now! Suns? or Heat.

Hah, it doesn't even matter now. Either one can win.

I personally would like to see Pat Riley get another ring.

MWILL
06-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Hah, it doesn't even matter now. Either one can win.

I personally would like to see Pat Riley get another ring.

Pat Riley has enough rings. It's the Mavs turn.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:02 AM

Get past the Suns first.

I would root for the mavs...but the fans just take on the personality of your owner, which is to say annoying. That and Avery has turned into a bitch. Well he may have always been one but he's shown his true colors. Viva le Heat.

MWILL
06-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Get past the Suns first.

I would root for the mavs...but the fans just take on the personality of your owner, which is to say annoying. That and Avery has turned into a bitch. Well he may have always been one but he's shown his true colors. Viva le Heat.

I can understand why lots of Spur fans hate Cuban, but if it wasn't for him Dallas would still be a shitty team. As for Avery being a bitch, I have to disagree with that. The REAL Bitch is Michael Finley! :lol

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Get past the Suns first.

I think Spurs fans are annoying as fuck (lotsof them in my family) but then again I root for the Mavs. I think it's always that way for teams that play each other hard and really don't like each other. Why do you think Avery's a bitch? Just curious, because I think he's great and waaaaaaaaay better than Nellie.

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Maybe you're the one who's "annoying as fuck".

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 12:19 AM
all I can say is that the difference between the Spurs elimination game/series and the Pistons elimination series was that it didn't feel like a waste of a good season for the Spurs it was just Spurs coming up short on what played like a WCF.

If I were a Pistons fan I'd feel like it was a waste. Chauncey, Rasheed, where'd they go? Tayshaun, and Ben were teh only ones who showed heart consistently.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 12:19 AM

DWade doesn't have nearly enough

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 12:21 AM
I can understand why lots of Spur fans hate Cuban, but if it wasn't for him Dallas would still be a shitty team. As for Avery being a bitch, I have to disagree with that. The REAL Bitch is Michael Finley! :lol
How is Finley a bitch? He didn't take shots at Stackhouse for the incident and gave him some respect even AFTER he went for his jewels.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I think Spurs fans are annoying as fuck (lotsof them in my family) but then again I root for the Mavs. I think it's always that way for teams that play each other hard and really don't like each other. Why do you think Avery's a bitch? Just curious, because I think he's great and waaaaaaaaay better than Nellie.

What a coicidence, I think Mavs fans are annoying as fuck, but then again they are.

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:25 AM
How is Finley a bitch? He didn't take shots at Stackhouse for the incident and gave him some respect even AFTER he went for his jewels.

I think some Mavs fans feel like Finley could've gone anywhere and he chose the Spurs, the one team that Mavs fans dislike the most. I don't feel that way, I feel like he did what he thought would benefit him the most in getting a championship. I actually dislike Nash more because he actually had a choice and was offered another contract, whereas Finley was waived. I feel sorry for Finley and I will always like him.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:26 AM

How is Finley a bitch? Please explain.

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:27 AM
What a coicidence, I think Mavs fans are annoying as fuck, but then again they are.

Of course we are....to touchy little Spurs fans.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:27 AM
all I can say is that the difference between the Spurs elimination game/series and the Pistons elimination series was that it didn't feel like a waste of a good season for the Spurs it was just Spurs coming up short on what played like a WCF.

If I were a Pistons fan I'd feel like it was a waste. Chauncey, Rasheed, where'd they go? Tayshaun, and Ben were teh only ones who showed heart consistently.

That's the feeling I got. Rip...Ben...Sheed...Chauncey...it's like they're coming unglued.

I have a feeling they'll be a team that's always there, but never quite gets another ring.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Same can be said about Dirk.

I'm not worried about Wade. He's on the upside.

Anyway that sense of entitlement killed the Pistons so watch it there. (I don't know if it applies to the Spurs players though, they played to win as always-- only the fans felt entitled. ) What 2006 season has shown is that so no one is truly deserving til they've made the 16 wins.

If Mavs beat the Suns, the Finals will be exciting to watch for this matchup. Dirk has elevated his game this year to legend like status (as far as these playoff games go).

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:29 AM
I think some Mavs fans feel like Finley could've gone anywhere and he chose the Spurs, the one team that Mavs fans dislike the most. I don't feel that way, I fell like he did what he thought would benefit him the most in getting a championship. I actually dislike Nash more because he actually had a choice and was offered another contract, whereas Finley was waived. I feel sorry for Finley and I will always like him.

The Mavs fans don't think.

They just do what the Owner and Dirk say they should. They cheered Finley until Dirks "I just smelt shit" ass told them they should boo Finley. Absolutely retarded. If you're fans are that stupid, they don't deserve to win a championship.

DubMcDub
06-03-2006, 12:33 AM

The Pistons just got outplayed.

Hi.

The Spurs got outplayed too. On their home court. In a Game 7.

Bye.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 12:33 AM

They just do what the Owner and Dirk say they should. They cheered Finley until Dirks "I just smelt shit" ass told them they should boo Finley. Absolutely retarded. If you're fans are that stupid, they don't deserve to win a championship.
yeah and they call Duncan a whiner just because Cuban publically called him a crybaby....Lame.

Most star players are guilty for it and are a lot worse, Sheed, Shaq, Wade, etc.
Duncan's just goofy-assed when he puts his trademark arms up.

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Bye.

Good.

Trainwreck2100
Of course we are...every fucking moment of every fucking day

Please_dont_ban_me
Hi.

Bye.

Hi.

You're right. Game 6 and 7 were good games. But I guess you forgot about us getting fucked in game 3/4 by the refs.

Bye.

MWILL
06-03-2006, 12:35 AM

Wade will get a ring, if they play the suns.

If they face the MAVS, FORGET IT! (MAVS win in 5)

This is Dallas were talking about, not Detroit. :nope

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:35 AM

That's b.s. I'm not the biggest fan of Cuban because I hate when he sits in the huddles and near the players during the game...he's kind of a wannabe. However, he does stick up for the team like any FAN would so I give him props for that. He's just an owner who's a nutty fan, mosy of us would die to be in his position. I don't think owners should be some hoity-toity rich dude sitting in a suite never accessible to the public and a lukewarm fan of his team.

You did read where Dirk said he was joking about the booing, right? He even said we should boo Nash...Nash, his best frickin' friend. You really think it hurts these guys to hear a bunch of regulars booing them during the game? I don't think so, and if it does then the guy is too thin-skinned. Anyway, not all Mavs fans agree with the whole booing Finley/Nash stuff so it's ridiculous to make a blanket statement about fans. Same goes for idiot SPurs fans who hate on Avery.

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:36 AM
yeah and they call Duncan a whiner just because Cuban publically called him a crybaby....Lame.

Most star players are guilty for it and are a lot worse, Sheed, Shaq, Wade, etc.

So why do the Suns fans call Duncan a whiner? Because of Cuban? There's a whole thread devoted to Duncan's whining on the Suns forum.

DubMcDub
06-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Hi.

You're right. Game 6 and 7 were good games. But I guess you forgot about us getting fucked in game 3/4 by the refs.

Bye.

Game 6 and 7. You mean the games in which the Spurs were called for considerably less fouls than the Mavs? Perhaps you're referring to the Game 7 in which ONE of your players had shot more FT's at the start of the 4th quarter than our entire team?

Hmmm. I guess the officiating does even out after all. Lets keep talking about Games 3 and 4 though exclusively while ignoring all the others. The best way to beat a counter-argument is to completely disregard and ignore it, right Spurs fans?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:37 AM

Duncan does whine.

But Mavs have no room to talk. Dirk's just as big of a bitch.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi.

Bye.
In a general sense as far as reults go. Beyond that, Pistons got eliminated a LOT differently. They got plain beat.

Mavs game came down to the wire. It just came down to one great team had to lose, one great team had to move on. It was back and forth the whole way through.

A true fan of basketball can recognize that without picking sides.

That series was probably the best series of the playoff so far. Don't tell me the Spurs overcoming a 20 Point Lead in the face of elimination to almost winning it with seconds left-- is the same as letting another great team(Miami) have their way with you and admitting you're not playing like a unit through your actions in the game (a la the Pistons).

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Game 6 and 7. You mean the games in which the Spurs were called for considerably less fouls than the Mavs? Perhaps you're referring to the Game 7 in which ONE of your players had shot more FT's at the start of the 4th quarter than our entire team?

Hmmm. I guess the officiating does even out after all. Lets keep talking about Games 3 and 4 though exclusively while ignoring all the others. The best way to beat a counter-argument is to completely disregard and ignore it, right Spurs fans?

I could list all the questionable calls in games 3/4.

Could you be so kind as to list the questionable calls in games 6/7 ?

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:40 AM

Yup, when you have Steve 'the Spur' Kerr pointing out calls that should've gone the Mavs way and saying how the Mavs organization would have cause for concern about the lop-sided officiating in game 7 should they lose, well...

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:41 AM
That's b.s. I'm not the biggest fan of Cuban because I hate when he sits in the huddles and near the players during the game...he's kind of a wannabe. However, he does stick up for the team like any FAN would so I give him props for that. He's just an owner who's a nutty fan, mosy of us would die to be in his position. I don't think owners should be some hoity-toity rich dude sitting in a suite never accessible to the public and a lukewarm fan of his team.

You did read where Dirk said he was joking about the booing, right? He even said we should boo Nash...Nash, his best frickin' friend. You really think it hurts these guys to hear a bunch of regulars booing them during the game? I don't think so, and if it does then the guy is too thin-skinned. Anyway, not all Mavs fans agree with the whole booing Finley/Nash stuff so it's ridiculous to make a blanket statement about fans. Same goes for idiot SPurs fans who hate on Avery.

It's not about him joking or not. Even if he was joking, why did the fans start boo'ing him just b/c Dirk mentioned they should? That's just stupid.

We didn't hate on Avery. Until he started making stupid comments against us. When did you start hating Finley...when he got hit in the nuts, or was it when Dirk told you guys to?

It's a little different buddy.

DubMcDub
In a general sense as far as reults go. Beyond that, Pistons got eliminated a LOT differently. They got plain beat.

Mavs game came down to the wire. It just came down to one great team had to lose, one great team had to move on. It was back and forth the whole way through.

That series was probably the best series of the playoff so far. Don't tell me the Spurs overcoming a 20 Point Lead in the face of elimination to almost winning it with seconds left-- is the same as letting another great team(Miami) have their way with you and admitting you're not playing like a unit through your actions in the game (a la the Pistons).

It's absolutely completely different the way the two teams lost. I'm not denying that.

Just denying the oft-repeated comment that "The Spurs should be in the Finals." No, they shouldn't. They lost a 7 game series. Period.

SPARKY
Nothing like an off year to make another franchise's history. Rather amusing to see their fans still trolling in here.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:44 AM
Nothing like an off year to make another franchise's history. Rather amusing to see their fans still trolling in here.

It'll be more amusing when they're sitting at home just like us.

Except, we'll still have 3 rings. :D

ponky

The Spurs/Mavs matchup was one of the best I've seen in the playoffs and as a Mavericks fan, and not because we won. The Spurs are a much better team than the Pistons this year and the last series should've been the WCF.

DubMcDub
I could list all the questionable calls in games 3/4.

Could you be so kind as to list the questionable calls in games 6/7 ?

What you don't seem to realize is that just because you and other Spurs fans think there were "questionable calls" doesn't mean that's somehow the concrete truth of the matter. Of course you think there were questionable calls--you're pissed off and bitter than you lost.

So, no. I'm not gonna sit here and trade off with you about what I think were questionable calls that went the other way. I'm reasonable enough to understand that my own opinion of various calls really isn't worth anything. You should try to come to the same realization about yourself.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:46 AM
What you don't seem to realize is that just because you and other Spurs fans think there were "questionable calls" doesn't mean that's somehow the concrete truth of the matter. Of course you think there were questionable calls--you're pissed off and bitter than you lost.

So, no. I'm not gonna sit here and trade off with you about what I think were questionable calls that went the other way. I'm reasonable enough to understand that my own opinion of various calls really isn't worth anything. You should try to come to the same realization about yourself.

Let me rephrase.

"I can list calls in game 3 and 4 which I as a Spurs fan found questionable. Could you please list calls in game 6 or 7 which you as a Mavs fan found questionable". I have a feelign you're not willing to tradeoff on the subject b/c there isn't much complaining to do when the refs are on your nuts.

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:48 AM
It's not about him joking or not. Even if he was joking, why did the fans start boo'ing him just b/c Dirk mentioned they should? That's just stupid.

We didn't hate on Avery. Until he started making stupid comments against us. When did you start hating Finley...when he got hit in the nuts, or was it when Dirk told you guys to?

Like I said, I never started hating on Finley, ever. I don't get into all that b.s. but I do think it's media hype, players don't really get all f*cked up by the fans like that. Look at Kobe when he plays, the guy gets some ridiculous chants started about him wherever he goes and how does it affect him? Well, check out his old Sprite and Nike commercials, they'll tell you. BTW, what comments did Avery start up with concerning the Spurs? If it's about the games, he has every right to make comments about the game, he's the coach.

It's a little different buddy.

MWILL
06-03-2006, 12:50 AM
How is Finley a bitch? Please explain.

That's an easy question

Do I hate finley, Hell no! He's one of our dear ex-mavs, his MAVS jersey will always be on my wall (I respect what he did for our franchise). We hate him because of that fucking jersey he choose to wear.

Now for Nash, I hate that little fucker for bolting to phoenix the way he did. I could of swore he left one minute after free agancy took effect. :madrun

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 12:51 AM
That's an easy question

Do I hate finley, Hell no! He's one of our dear ex-mavs, his MAVS jersey will always be on my wall (I respect what he did for our franchise). We hate him because of that fucking jersey he choose to wear.

Now for Nash, I hate that little fucker for bolting to phoenix the way he did. I could of swore he left one minute after free agancy took effect. :madrun

Hate the owner for not ponying up the $.

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:51 AM
I have all the games burned on DVD. After we win the championship, I'll bump this thread and post the fouls. I do this all the time, it won't take long but right now I have to focus on the game later today.

DubMcDub
06-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Let me rephrase.

"I can list calls in game 3 and 4 which I as a Spurs fan found questionable. Could you please list calls in game 6 or 7 which you as a Mavs fan found questionable". I have a feelign you're not willing to tradeoff on the subject b/c there isn't much complaining to do when the refs are on your nuts.

Whatever you say. To be quite honest, it really doesn't bother me at all whether or not you think I couldn't list a bunch of calls that were questionable in favor of the Spurs throughout the series. I know that may surprise you.

I'll give you one to stew on though--the absolutely horrendous offensive foul called on Devin Harris in the last minute of Game 6 while he was on a fastbreak.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 12:52 AM
That's an easy question

That's fair.

But fans that boo'd him after getting hit in the nuts, and Cuban actually trying to justify it was just stupid.

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:53 AM

Nah, Nash never got respect from the refs when he played with us and he certainly wouldn't have gotten MVP playing with us so it's better for both sides that he left. His game is better suited to D'Antoni's style which has helped him garner his MVP awards.

Please_dont_ban_me
Whatever you say. To be quite honest, it really doesn't bother me at all whether or not you think I couldn't list a bunch of calls that were questionable in favor of the Spurs throughout the series. I know that may surprise you.

I'm glad you could list a few for me.

I don't care what you think either, but since you insisted on inserting your opinion I offered a way for you to help prove your point. I guess you didn't want it.

DubMcDub
I'm glad you could list a few for me.

I don't care what you think either, but since you insisted on inserting your opinion I offered a way for you to help prove your point. I guess you didn't want it.

Look again. I edited.

ponky
06-03-2006, 12:55 AM
That's fair.

But fans that boo'd him after getting hit in the nuts, and Cuban actually trying to justify it was just stupid.

You're blowing this whole thing way out of proportion, lots of Mavericks fans love Finley who was around before we could even make the playoffs. What does it matter if some fans booed him? Does it affect his gameplay? No, certainly not, judging by the way he played in the last series. He and Terry hugged each other after the series, if they can get over it, so can Spurs fans.

ploto
06-03-2006, 12:58 AM
First, I picked Miami from the East back in October. Do people forget how they would have been in the Finals last year against the Spurs if Wade hadn't gotten hurt, and that was even with a less than healthy Shaq.

Second, I enjoyed Flip going down in flames.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-03-2006, 12:58 AM
God damnit, can this officiating talk just fucking die already? Yes there were some bad calls that went against the Spurs in games 3 and 4, but we had our shot, a game 7 on our own floor and just couldn't get it done. It was an extremely close series, just didn't go our way. Shit happens.

At least the Spurs went down fighting, they left it all on the floor and just couldn't get the breaks they needed. There's a certain championship contender in the East you couldn't say that about right now...

milkyway21
06-03-2006, 12:59 AM

you'd thank Cuban for his countless emails around the NBA?

as for Michael Finley i didn't hear him punching your Mavs :lol

look your team already have accumulated too much fines, embarrassment and suspensions in this yr's playoffs.

You just made a new record.

just take a look of this yr's playoffs bad boys/girl:

1.Cuban-fined.
2.Terry-1 game suspension
3.AJ's wife 2 game acts of being prima donna
4. MBenga-6 game suspension

others:
Udonis Haslem
Artest

..congratulations :clap

MWILL
06-03-2006, 12:59 AM

At first I did, but after the moves Cuban & Co. made afterwards I felt we had a better team.

ponky
06-03-2006, 01:01 AM
you'd thank Cuban for his countless emails around the NBA?

as for Michael Finley i didn't hear him punching your Mavs :lol

look your team already have accumulated too much fines, embarrassment and suspensions in this yr's playoffs.

You just made a new record.

just take a look of this yr's playoffs bad boys/girl:

1.Cuban-fined.
2.Terry-1 game suspension
3.AJ's wife 2 game acts of being prima donna
4. MBenga-6 game suspension

others:
Udonis Haslem
Artest

..congratulations :clap

Great post, reminds me that our team is no longer *soft*...if we get called bad boys, hell yeah!!! BTW, only one of those four you listed has actually been on the court playing ball during the playoffs. You should've seen the classy chick with the beer in one hand and a *bird* in the other that AJ's kids had to see. Yeah, we thank Cuban, just like the Spurs thanked Pop for sending in a tap to the league to help you guys out in Game 6.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Great post, reminds me that our team is no longer *soft*...if we get called bad boys, hell yeah!!!

yes because Cuban being a douchebag and AJ's bitch acting stupid really helps you lose that.

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 01:03 AM
God damnit, can this officiating talk just fucking die already? Yes there were some bad calls that went against the Spurs in games 3 and 4, but we had our shot, a game 7 on our own floor and just couldn't get it done. It was an extremely close series, just didn't go our way. Shit happens.

At least the Spurs went down fighting, they left it all on the floor and just couldn't get the breaks they needed. There's a certain championship contender in the East you couldn't say that about right now...

Tell that to Mavs fans, they are the ones on the unholy crusade.

Winnipeg_Spur
06-03-2006, 01:05 AM
True. As tired I am of hearing Spurs fans complain about the refs, I think I'm even more tired of hearing how the Mavs "beat the Spurs and the refs" in game 7. Both sides are equally at fault...

milkyway21
06-03-2006, 01:07 AM
Great post, reminds me that our team is no longer *soft*...if we get called bad boys, hell yeah!!! BTW, only one of those four you listed has actually been on the court playing ball during the playoffs. You should've seen the classy chick with the beer in one hand and a *bird* in the other that AJ's kids had to see. Yeah, we thank Cuban, just like the Spurs thanked Pop for sending in a tap to the league to help you guys out in Game 6.i'd rather want to hear you being called bad boys because you play good defense like Detroit-nasty in both shotblocking and rebounding.

but in this case, you're not :lol

MWILL
06-03-2006, 01:08 AM
That's fair.

They didn't boo Finley cause he got hit in the nuts, they booed him because he used his arm or something to lean on Jason Terry's head while they were on the floor.

DubMcDub
06-03-2006, 01:10 AM

Correct. Absolutely no Spurs fans are partaking in their own crusade by proclaiming that "we should be in the Finals, not the Mavs."

You're right. That hasn't happened at all on these boards. And it's definitely not happening in this very thread. Certainly not in post #9...

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Correct. Absolutely no Spurs fans are partaking in their own crusade by proclaiming that "we should be in the Finals, not the Mavs."

You're right. That hasn't happened at all on these boards. And it's definitely not happening in this very thread. Certainly not in post #9...

Don't feed the conspiracy theorists and this things on the bottom of the page.

DubMcDub
06-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Don't feed the conspiracy theorists and this things on the bottom of the page.

You make a good point. Fair enough.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 01:25 AM

I'll give you one to stew on though--the absolutely horrendous offensive foul called on Devin Harris in the last minute of Game 6 while he was on a fastbreak.

What exactly happened on the play?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 01:26 AM
You're blowing this whole thing way out of proportion, lots of Mavericks fans love Finley who was around before we could even make the playoffs. What does it matter if some fans booed him? Does it affect his gameplay? No, certainly not, judging by the way he played in the last series. He and Terry hugged each other after the series, if they can get over it, so can Spurs fans.

I'm not blowing it up.

I'm just trying to show some Mavs fans character. I do think it's just more than "some" though. Those boo's didn't seem like they were spread out throughout the crowd...they seemed pretty loud.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 01:28 AM
They didn't boo Finley cause he got hit in the nuts, they booed him because he used his arm or something to lean on Jason Terry's head while they were on the floor.

Right.

You boo'd a guy becaue in a pile he used his arm to balance himself. :rolleyes Let me guess what you're reply will be... "well then how can you blame Terry for doing what he did in a pile".

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Right.

You boo'd a guy becaue in a pile he used his arm to balance himself. :rolleyes Let me guess what you're reply will be... "well then how can you blame Terry for doing what he did in a pile".
This guy acts like the Mavs fans never seen a basketball scrimmage over a jump ball before. Guys have tripped over each others heads before. It's a pretty stupid comment to justify the boos.

MWILL
06-03-2006, 01:44 AM
Right.

First of all, that wasn't finley balancing himself. As for Terry he should have grabbed, not punched. :lol Therefore, Dallas could closed that series out in 6 not in 7 games.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 01:45 AM
First of all, that wasn't finley balancing himself. As for Terry he should have grabbed, not punched. :lol Therefore, Dallas could closed that series out in 6 not in 7 games.

Ya, because we lost all the other games you had Terrin in. :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 01:47 AM
This guy acts like the Mavs fans never seen a basketball scrimmage over a jump ball before. Guys have tripped over each others heads before. It's a pretty stupid comment to justify the boos.

I guess a guy on top of you going for the ball is unacceptable and warrants a nads-shot.

MWILL
06-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Ya, because we lost all the other games you had Terrin in. :lol

Actually, the Spurs did lose all the games Terry was in. :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 01:49 AM
Actually, the Spurs did lose all the games Terry was in. :lol

He only missed one game. :lol

(goes back to espn.com to make sure the spurs didn't lose the sereis 4-1 )

MWILL
06-03-2006, 01:55 AM
It's been nice Spur Fans. I'm out

P.S. To all the Detroit Fans: Don't worry, Dallas will take care of the Heat in the finals for ya.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-03-2006, 02:01 AM
The Heat have nobody to guard Dirk.

The Mavs have nobody to guard Dwayne Wade. This should be good. (assuming you beat the Suns)

milkyway21
06-03-2006, 02:19 AM

P.S. To all the Detroit Fans: Don't worry, Dallas will take care of the Heat in the finals for ya.or the other way around?

Go! Go! Miami!

East Coast Babe
06-03-2006, 03:12 AM

P.S. To all the Detroit Fans: Don't worry, Dallas will take care of the Heat in the finals for ya.

Well, thanks, I think, Mavs fan. We would have rather done it ourselves. But, since we didn't, I would rather see you win the Western Conference against the Suns. If you win this series, I will root for ya, but if the Suns win, I will go back to my Eastern Conference and root for the Heat. I don't like the Suns, and I would just as soon not see the Heat win because I hate Walker, and Payton! Wade is okay and so is 'Zo, and Shaq and Riley have too many rings between them. Besides, the Suns are too beatable. Take Nash out of the game and it is over. That is what they would probably do first. Short series. Heat in 4. But Mavs would be a contest! So, put the Suns down as soon as you can!! (this is hard!) GO MAVS!!

angel_luv
06-03-2006, 08:39 AM
That's an easy question

Do I hate finley, Hell no! He's one of our dear ex-mavs, his MAVS jersey will always be on my wall (I respect what he did for our franchise). We hate him because of that jersey he choose to wear.

Don't blame the man. He needed a job!

Thank you Mark Cuban!

MWILL
06-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Don't blame the man. He needed a job!

Thank you Mark Cuban!

There was a job in Miami.

There was a job in Detroit.

Hell, there was a job in Phoenix too.

BTW, what movie did you get that clip from? (the girl with the wings)

ALVAREZ6
06-03-2006, 10:29 AM
What a waste of a season.
:tu

this NBA season was such a waste.

The Spurs and the Pistons had great years, neither are in the finals.

F that, this league sucks.

MWILL
06-03-2006, 10:39 AM

F that, this league sucks.

A WASTE!!! Last years finals was good, but I didn't want to see that again!
Tim Duncan is only person I know that makes a basket, then runs back looking depressed. :lol

This Years Finals will be great, then again maybe not.

The MAVS will blow out the Heat. Mavs win in 5. :lol

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Just like the Pistons were going to take the Heat, right?

himat
06-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Just like the Pistons were going to take the Heat, right?

:depressed . If the Wllaces couldn't stop Shaq neither can the Mavs. If Tay and Rip can't stop Wade neither can the Mavs. Shaq had 28 and 16 against Ben so heres Shaq's averages against the Mavs: 35 and 20. This might be the heats last crack t the championship unlike the Pistons though because Shaq isn't getting any younger along with Payton, mourning, and Walker.

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 10:46 AM
It's not like the Pistons didn't have a good offense. The Heat's D is a little better at this point than some believe. I think the Heat can do better on the glass against the Mavs than the Spurs did.

MWILL
06-03-2006, 10:54 AM
:depressed . If the Wllaces couldn't stop Shaq neither can the Mavs. If Tay and Rip can't stop Wade neither can the Mavs. Shaq had 28 and 16 against Ben so heres Shaq's averages against the Mavs: 35 and 20. This might be the heats last crack t the championship unlike the Pistons though because Shaq isn't getting any younger along with Payton, mourning, and Walker.

Ben Wallace is a great defender, but his size is the reason why he's going fishing this year (and not to mention Detroit's lack of offence, BTW the Pistons make Miami look good last night). Diop & Damp will have more of an impact than the Wallaces.

JUST WONDERING: Why are the Spur fans pushing for Detroit to win, because the last time I checked the Pistons owne your asses this year.

dknights411
06-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi.

Bye.

A Game 7 WE forced after being down 1-3. Just remember how close you guys were to choking up the entire series.

himat
06-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Ben Wallace is a great defender, but his size is the reason why he's going fishing this year (and not to mention Detroit's lack of offence, BTW the Pistons make Miami look good last night). Diop & Damp will have more of an impact than the Wallaces.

JUST WONDERING: Why are the Spur fans pushing for Detroit to win, because the last time I checked the Pistons owne your asses this year.

Both pull for each other because we play the same way, but thats only why I pulled for the Spurs. As for Bens size yep that hurt, but Diop and Dampier will be getting fouls called on them left and right. The heat have no one that can gaurd Dirk though either.

Shank
06-03-2006, 12:08 PM
yeah

mavs vs heat
or
suns vs heat

the nba sucks. this is equivalent to a 7 on 7 game in football

Why would you say it sucks? Because the teams YOU want in the Finals aren't there? I guess you can petition Stern to change the format so the best regular season teams automatically make it to the Finals. Any team that makes it that far will have earned it through their hard work. Any team that doesn't came up short.

How are those Edmonton Oilers doing, by the way?

Shank
06-03-2006, 12:44 PM
all three teams are an embarrasment to basketball and dallas and miami's style of play are prime examples of why the US keeps getting its ass kicked in international games

Tim Duncan is an international ball-playing God!

LakerHater0823
06-03-2006, 03:02 PM
A Game 7 WE forced after being down 1-3. Just remember how close you guys were to choking up the entire series.

EXACTLY!!!

DubMcDub
06-03-2006, 03:16 PM

An excellent moral victory. Congratulations!!!!

td4mvp21
06-03-2006, 04:15 PM
An excellent moral victory. Congratulations!!!!

I'd rather have a moral victory and a history of success to look back on and be thankful for rather than 20+ YEARS OF FRICKING NOTHING. Any day.

Shank
06-03-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd rather have a moral victory and a history of success to look back on and be thankful for rather than 20+ YEARS OF FUCKING NOTHING. Any day.

Ok, it's yours then. What's the trophy look like for a moral victory?

td4mvp21
06-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Ok, it's yours then. What's the trophy look like for a moral victory?

Whats the trophy look like for an NBA championship? Oh wait you wouldn't know your a Mavs fan.

angel_luv
06-03-2006, 04:23 PM
There was a job in Miami.

There was a job in Detroit.

Hell, there was a job in Phoenix too.

BTW, what movie did you get that clip from? (the girl with the wings)

Mark Cuban surely knew when he waived Finely that there was a chance of him coming here.
And I don't see how Finley is obligated to make life easier for the person who fired him.

The clip was a gift. I don't know where the poster originally found it. :)

Shank
06-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Whats the trophy look like for an NBA championship? Oh wait you wouldn't know your a Mavs fan.

Pretty fucking weak, chief. Surely you could have done better than that. Maybe you can go suck on the Celtics or the Lakers cocks for awhile, seeing as they have so many trophies and that's all that counts as acceptable to you. Spurs fans are so easy to draw offsides and they ALWAYS resort to trophy or ref talk.

td4mvp21
06-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Pretty fucking weak, chief. Surely you could have done better than that. Maybe you can go suck on the Celtics or the Lakers cocks for awhile, seeing as they have so many trophies and that's all that counts as acceptable to you. Spurs fans are so easy to draw offsides and they ALWAYS resort to trophy or ref talk.

And when we do, Mavs fans do nothing but refer to how we refer about trophy talk. You can't come up with anything either, unless the Mavs win this year.

Shank
06-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Because last year's trophy won't bring your team back from the dead this season. You can hate on the Mavs all you want, but they rightfully sent your boys packing.

EVAY
06-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I was rooting for Detroit because I don't like what Pat Riley did to Stan VanGundy and I really can't stand Gary Payton and Antoine Walker. I have been rooting for the Suns in their series because I like their coach and I think Steve Nash (who is admittedly an ineffective defender who spends too much time holding on to the jerseys of whoever he is guarding) is hands down the MVP this year for keeping the Suns where they are with Stoudemire being out all year. Plus, I admit I cannot ABIDE Mark Cuban, or most anything about him. He embarasses real fans I think.

Having said all that, I think the finals will be the Heat and the Mavs and that the Heat will trump the Mavs because they have NO WEAK PLAYERS, even from their bench. What's more, I hope that the Heat win. If we can't represent the West, and the Suns can't represent the west, I want the East to win.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 12:05 AM

Weak is beating your chest over a lone series win out of three. Weak is whining about Spurs fans referring to the three championships the team has won. Weak is hanging out in this forum day after day like a red headed stepchild. Sucking cock? Methinks that's something you know how to do quite well.

Fucking inbreds like you make me sick.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Because last year's trophy won't bring your team back from the dead this season. You can hate on the Mavs all you want, but they rightfully sent your boys packing.

I sure hope the Mavs win, for there sake.

If they don't lose, there will be a lot of smack in there direction via SA. At the end of the day you got further than us this year, but we still have 3 rings...and you guys haven't won shit.

kalikot_boy_kr
06-04-2006, 12:13 AM
so this championship game is boring!!!!!!!

kalikot_boy_kr
06-04-2006, 12:14 AM
i love texas but its hard to accept this cuban and this mavs suckers!!! hahahha!

kalikot_boy_kr
06-04-2006, 12:15 AM
mavs are so sucky dumb little bitch! they're just lucky.....

Shank
06-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Weak is beating your chest over a lone series win out of three. Weak is whining about Spurs fans referring to the three championships the team has won. Weak is hanging out in this forum day after day like a red headed stepchild. Sucking cock? Methinks that's something you know how to do quite well.

Fucking inbreds like you make me sick.

I make you sick? Cool. Mission accomplished. Not much you can do about it though, Sparkly.

Duncanoypi
06-04-2006, 03:00 AM
pistons < spurs, wheres your picture of little white duncan and billups broke backing together?...lol...i think that two jinx our teams...

release it...

MissAllThat
06-04-2006, 04:24 AM

Well its not just Spurs fans. That NBA Finals commercial on TNT, the one with all the past highlight stuff includes not a single second of Mavs footage. Why? Because the Mavs have never been there before. There is no footage to show. Championships are what count. They're what matters. Thats what all the players are going after. If it wasnt then why play as a team at all. Why not hog the ball every time you get it and then jack up a shot even if you have 3 defenders on you? Why do players go to other teams for minimum contracts? Its the reason the play the game. Thats why fans of teams with multiple championships will ALWAYS bring up the trophy talk, and if the Mavs win one this year and one day you run into some Clippers fans talking trash, you'll bring up the trophy too.

BigD1
06-04-2006, 01:54 PM

The Pistons just got outplayed.should've, would've,could've...Mavs just made the plays at the end. Unfortunately, for Spurs' fans, your team didn't execute at the end of those games. Anyway, if Terry plays game 6, that shit is done with in 6. U can't seriously say the Spurs should be there. They got outplayed just like Detroit.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 01:55 PM
should've, would've,could've...Mavs just made the plays at the end. Unfortunately, for Spurs' fans, your team didn't execute at the end of those games. Anyway, if Terry plays game 6, that shit is done with in 6. U can't seriously say the Spurs should be there. They got outplayed just like Detroit.

Damn, Mavs fans are that stupid.

BigD1
06-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Whats the trophy look like for an NBA championship? Oh wait you wouldn't know your a Mavs fan.Mav's fans will know all about it in the next 2 weeks. It's ours to take. We'll just keep the damn thing in Texas. What's wrong with that?
Meanwhile, Spurs won't be seeing the promiseland for a very,very long time. Dallas has a roster of young guns who haven't even reached potential yet and PHX will be SCARY next year with Amare back. Not to mention, Miami isn't going any where and Lebron and Cleveland are 1 solid player from being Championship bound. SA has 10 contracts on lock at about 63 mil and will not be a player in the free agency. They will be even older next year. Times a slippin away.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Mav's fans will know all about it in the next 2 weeks. It's ours to take. We'll just keep the damn thing in Texas. What's wrong with that?
Meanwhile, Spurs won't be seeing the promiseland for a very,very long time. Dallas has a roster of young guns who haven't even reached potential yet and PHX will be SCARY next year with Amare back. Not to mention, Miami isn't going any where and Lebron and Cleveland are 1 solid player from being Championship bound. SA has 10 contracts on lock at about 63 mil and will not be a player in the free agency. They will be even older next year. Times a slippin away.

TD 30 yrs old
MG 28
TP 24

Yeah, it's all downhill from here.

mavsfan1000
06-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Did you mention Bruce Bowen, Horry, and Finley? I would say they are key players to the spurs also. At least the defense and outside shooting.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2006, 04:46 PM
We don't play defense anymore.

Weren't you watching?

Those three are the core, and you can't change that.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Now you're into the supporting cast.

DDS4
06-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Mav's fans will know all about it in the next 2 weeks. It's ours to take. We'll just keep the damn thing in Texas. What's wrong with that?

You're delusional if you think the Spurs are going away.

The Mavs time is now, so take advantage of it.

mavsfan1000
06-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah since the spurs don't play defense anymore than there goes their championship hopes. Duncan will never have a better series than he did against Dallas and Bowen and Finley will slow down to make Dirk's job even easier next year.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah since the spurs don't play defense anymore than there goes their championship hopes.Not at all. The league changes the rules every year the Spurs win the championship because the Spurs get a little too dominant on D, and the Spurs take two years to adjust.

That's how good they are.

This was year one.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Just like the Spurs' time was up in '01, '02, & '04, eh?

himat
06-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Spurs will be back next year. I hope the Pistons will be too. :depressed :pctoss

MissAllThat
06-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Duncan will never have a better series than he did against Dallas

You know people say that about alll the greats "he'll never play better than this _____" or "he'll never outdo his performance against ______." They said it about Michael, and they've been saying it about Shaq for years. Well look what good that did. People said he'd never get to the finals without Kobe. He's there. Said he was done when he left LA, all of his good years were over. Wrong again. Really now, do you think Duncan is all downhill from now on?

ChumpDumper
06-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Duncan will never have a better series than he did against DallasYou'll still be throwing the same scrubs at him.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Nowitzki is the player least likely to be able to replicate this season's performance.

BigD1
06-04-2006, 11:01 PM

F that, this league sucks.Josh Howard missed 20+ games, Daniels missed 20+, Stack missed 26 games, Harris and Van Horn missed almost the entire last 2 months, Terry missed 10 games, and Griffin missed 16. And a lot these injures were concurrent and Dallas still won 60. Mavs easily win 65 games if these injuries didn't plague them. So, IMO, Dallas would have had a very, very special season. Even more so than the Spurs or Pistons. That's hardly a waste to me.

BigD1
06-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Nowitzki is the player least likely to be able to replicate this season's performance.yeah right, the guy is only 27 and he gets better every year. Look for Dirk to improve on another asset...with his defense or most importantly, passing out of double teams. Also, he is just now getting this "driving to the lane thing" going. this super star is not even in his prime yet.
In fact, If Dallas wins the Title this year, I expect Dirk to win MVP next season.

strangeweather
06-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Also, he is just now getting this "driving to the lane thing" going. this super star is not even in his prime yet.
27 is pretty close to the peak of the curve for most guys. I'm not sure how much more driving the lane we're ever going to see from Dirk, though I could be wrong.

In fact, If Dallas wins the Title this year, I expect Dirk to win MVP next season.
If voters had respected the Mavs more pre-playoffs, he could easily have won it this year. He doesn't even need to improve to at least be a top-3 MVP candidate. And if Nash can win, it's not like anyone's going to be holding Dirk's D against him. :lol

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:17 PM
28 in a few days. This is the top, especially with him being so reliant on the perimeter game. If he had developed a post game he might be looking at a longer useful career.

East Coast Babe
06-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Sparky, Dirk is not so reliant on the perimeter game anymore. Didn't you watch the playoffs? He goes down the lane much more often. He can shoot from the perimeter, but not nearly as often as he used to. That left with Nash, I think, or it left when Avery came in, not sure which!

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Dribble penetration is part of the perimeter game.

jamezyjamez
06-04-2006, 11:37 PM
28 in a few days. This is the top, especially with him being so reliant on the perimeter game. If he had developed a post game he might be looking at a longer useful career.

So I guess Timmy is on his way down...so sad. If Dirk's next two "downhill" years are as good as Tim's, I will gladly take that.

And the "if" games are fun, too...like...if Duncan could shoot more than 40% from the FT line, he'd lead the league in scoring every year. "If" he had developed a FT game, he would actually be useful in crunch time...fun fun fun..."if" Manu had a basketball IQ higher than his jersey, you win Game 7...

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:39 PM
TD actually has a post game, so he'll last a bit longer.

strangeweather
06-04-2006, 11:40 PM
So I guess Timmy is on his way down...so sad. If Dirk's next two "downhill" years are as good as Tim's, I will gladly take that.
I don't think anyone's saying Dirk is going to tank. But it's not like he's going to suddenly sprout a bunch of new facets to his game, either.

At the point he mostly is what he is -- and obviously, that's pretty impressive.

jamezyjamez
06-04-2006, 11:45 PM
TD actually has a post game, so he'll last a bit longer.

That makes sense because playing in the post is a lot less wear and tear than playing on the perimeter.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Playing on the perimeter places a greater reliance on a player's quickness and agility. Less so playing in the post. What tends to decline for a player as he hits his 30s?

jamezyjamez
06-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Playing on the perimeter places a greater reliance on a player's quickness and agility. Less so playing in the post. What tends to decline for a player as he hits his 30s?

Apparently foot health....TD told me so.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Nowitzki will be the magical player who never retires and never sees a drop in his physical health. In fact, he will sprout wings and play until he's 100.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Nowitzki will be the magical player who never retires and never sees a drop in his physical health. In fact, he will sprout wings and play until he's 100.

LMAO :lol ..........where did this come from?

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2006, 12:33 AM
LMAO :lol ..........where did this come from?

The Unicorn of truth

JET_31
06-05-2006, 12:37 AM
The Unicorn of truth

Did he also tell you that the mavs will win the championship?
:spin

Trainwreck2100
06-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Did he also tell you that the mavs will win the championship?
:spin
http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/yahoo/straightface.gif