PDA

View Full Version : Hilton posts lines on NBA season wins

Kori Ellis
10-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Hilton posts lines on NBA season wins
Jeff Haney
LAS VEGAS SUN

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/births/2004/oct/13/517659089.html

The Las Vegas Hilton sports book has taken plenty of action on over/unders for season wins by NBA teams after posting those numbers this week, assistant manager Jeff Sherman reported. According to the opening lines at the Hilton (which are subject to change as gamblers place their bets):

The Minnesota Timberwolves and the San Antonio Spurs are expected to win the most regular-season games, 56 1/2.

The Charlotte Bobcats, an expansion team, figure to win the fewest, 17.

The number on the defending champion Detroit Pistons was set at 55 1/2, while the Los Angeles Lakers checked in at 47 1/2.
The season begins Nov. 2.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2004, 04:55 PM
hmmm...I'd have to take the overs on Detroit...probably the overs on the Spurs too...probably the unders on Charlotte...that is gonna be the worst team basketball has seen in several years...

Kori Ellis
10-13-2004, 04:59 PM
probably the unders on Charlotte...that is gonna be the worst team basketball has seen in several years...

I'd take the over on Charlotte. I think they'll win some games. But I might only be saying that because Bernie Bickerstaff and the rest of their brass were so cool to me at RMR.

baseline bum
10-13-2004, 05:53 PM
I would definitely take the over on the Spurs. They won 57 last year without a backup point and with Duncan and Parker missing significant time. I think this team is better than last year's with Barry, a guy who's proved to be a strong bench guy unlike Hedo.