PDA

View Full Version : Miami should win the ring this year...

greens
06-03-2006, 12:55 AM
I really feel that the Miami players have proven that they have the mental and physical strength to win it all this year...Truthfully, I don't know that much about Miami. I thought they were amazing in today's game against the Pistons. A very deserved win for Miami. So I was glad for them...

I have so much respect for the Pistons who are truly a talented bunch...But I've gotta admit that in these playoffs, they weren't playing like they usually do. I did not recognize them...I loved last year's Finals...They were the best finals, in my opinion, two very best defensive teams against each other...with Spurs winning. That was so great...A 7 Game amazing series...

I was expecting another Final like that between Pistons and Spurs. Well, looks like it's time for two different teams to be in the Finals. And that's fine.

In my perfect world, i'd love for it to be Miami vs. Suns...with ultimately, Miami winning the championship. I don't even want Dallas in the Finals. I don't like the Mavs players, coach, owner, fans, organization...etc...Sorry, I just don't. They don't have "class" in my opinion. They act like they are "all that" all the time! They push and shove...and punch while their owner curses at everyone and is the pefect definition of "evil"...and their fans are booing Michael Finley for something he had no control over...they're bringing cruel posters to taunt him and wearing Terry's jersey to make him look like a "hero"...just no class...none at all...

I love Suns...and everything about them...I would love for them to be in the Finals...BUT I think if they were to win it all, it would feel like the Spurs just opened the door for them...Last year, the Spurs beat them very easily...And this year, because of stupid foul calls/officiating plus the going small idea, it's like the Spurs gave the Suns a free ticket...I respect the Suns, but I don't think they should win this year. I REALLY hope they beat Dallas, and win the conference trophy...Just don't want to see Dallas winning ANYTHING, not even a conference trophy...

Here is why I want Miami to win. The players are simply amazing. In today's game, their scoring was just unbelievable. Shaq has become a great leader and has lead his team to the Finals. I like all the guys. Their defense is good. Their shooting percentage is just awesome. They are playing like champions...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 01:15 AM
They've really been gelling together at the last minute. Walker and Williams know their roles now. Shaq's keeping them focused on the ring. Wade is amazing to watch. Riley holds an air of respect and isn't some whiney rookie Coach ala Avery. I think they'll be tough to beat.

On the other hand, Mavs with Dirk are showing great heart too, regardless of their peripheral fans/staff/owner. So, it'll be an exciting series nonetheless.

And if Suns upset the Mavs then...Suns would be a true underdog. I just want Nash to make a Finals appearance. I don't think they could beat Miami though without someone to stop Shaq. An Amare vs. Shaq inside force would have been fun, but it didn't work out that way.

Shank
06-03-2006, 01:25 AM
Here is why I want Miami to win. The players are simply amazing. In today's game, their scoring was just unbelievable. Shaq has become a great leader and has lead his team to the Finals. I like all the guys. Their defense is good. Their shooting percentage is just awesome. They are playing like champions...

You can want in one hand and shit in the other. See which one fills up first.

Solid D
06-03-2006, 01:29 AM
If the Mavs make it to the Finals, I'm not sure the Heat can beat them. The Heat didn't have Shaq in one of their two losses to the Mavs this season but neither of those games were close. The Heat have started to gel, so maybe they could beat Dallas, but I don't get that impression. I guess I'd have to see them play again to change my mind.

Shaolin-Style
06-03-2006, 01:31 AM
I've had them picked to win it all should we have lost for a long time now, looks like i'm getting closer, i put 50 bucks on it too with reasonable odds, money!

DubMcDub
06-03-2006, 01:33 AM
I put 25 bucks on the Mavs to win at 11:1 odds back in March. Wouldn't that be nice.

greens
06-03-2006, 01:33 AM
You can want in one hand and shit in the other. See which one fills up first.

What's wrong? Are you getting nervous about Dallas getting their butt kicked very soon?

Either way, I have the right to "want" and "wish" for certain teams to win. That's just my opinion. You wanna know something ironic? If the Mavs players acted like grown ups and showed "class", I would have been rooting for them because of their talent. But because of their bitchy personalities, I really can't root for them even if they are a good team..."All that" attitudes and bitchiness really makes me not like them...

Solid D
06-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Of course, Phoenix beat Miami both times, also...in fact, fairly handily with Shaq playing in both games.

baseline bum
06-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Fuck Shaq foe life.

Shank
06-03-2006, 08:48 AM
What's wrong? Are you getting nervous about Dallas getting their butt kicked very soon?

Either way, I have the right to "want" and "wish" for certain teams to win. That's just my opinion. You wanna know something ironic? If the Mavs players acted like grown ups and showed "class", I would have been rooting for them because of their talent. But because of their bitchy personalities, I really can't root for them even if they are a good team..."All that" attitudes and bitchiness really makes me not like them...

Where are all of these so-called bitchy attitudes? Do you see the post-game interviews and quotes? They're some of the most humble guys you'll meet. I don't see them skipping out on pressers because they got their feelings hurt, nor do I see the crowds at the AAC chiming in with "Javie Sucks". And surely you can come up with a better word than class. That's thrown around more than your drunk sister after prom. I think you've all but forgotten what that word even means by now.

SpursWoman
06-03-2006, 09:04 AM
I put 25 bucks on the Mavs to win at 11:1 odds back in March. Wouldn't that be nice.

Weird ... in 2003 someone in this forum bet $500 (the preceding August) on the Spurs to win it all at 11:1 odds. And made a butt-load of money. :drunk

I really have a hard time seeing the Heat beat the Mavericks, if that's who is left standing when the WCF are over. I'm fairly certain it will be the Mavericks..but these playoffs have been anything but predictable, so who knows.

picnroll
06-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Either Heat are playing a whole lot better or the Pistons were playing a whole lot worse or a combination of the two. Walker is playing well, actually fitting in and I'm sure he'd like to torch Cubans' sorry ass.

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 09:33 AM
It's not like Detroit has that bad of an offense. The Heat might be able to get the stops and rebounds to beat the Mavs, if they are the Heat's Finals opponent.

greens
06-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Where are all of these so-called bitchy attitudes? Do you see the post-game interviews and quotes? They're some of the most humble guys you'll meet. I don't see them skipping out on pressers because they got their feelings hurt, nor do I see the crowds at the AAC chiming in with "Javie Sucks". And surely you can come up with a better word than class. That's thrown around more than your drunk sister after prom. I think you've all but forgotten what that word even means by now.

LOL...Yeah, Terry is just such a sweet dude...I mean he punched his old teammate in the groin...THEN he said that he was "not sure" about what had happened...and ONLY after every channel showed that same video clip of the damn punch, he admitted that he did do that...He never apologized to Michael at all...SO yeah, sweet guys...really....

and for your information, I don't have a sister...

FreshPrince22
06-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I got my money on Dallas.

Holmes_Fans
06-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Avery does whine, but he learned from the best, Mr. Poppovich himself.

If Damp and Diop can halfway contain Shaq, the series will be alot easier. Luckily for them they won't get called for fouls when he uses illegal hand moves.

Do yall even know what class means, that word is said 1,000 times a day on this forum. What have the fans does that is "classless", we booed finley? Big whoop. Cuban only said something about the city because of this article (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA050906.1A.cityrivalry.12af225d.html) , and he was just trying to get the crowd going during a radio show. Not our fault he isn't a pussy and will voice his opinion. You spurs fans are fucking idiots, you act like the spurs orginization does no wrong. Yall think the spurs have no bandwagon, no one on the team whines about anything ever, you critisize us for booing finley but yet yall turn around and call avery a whiny bitch after the spurs cutt him on Christmas eve. It's damn hilarious how much of a double standard y'all have, you say shit about something when another orginization does something, but when the spurs do it you won't say anything, like calling Dirk a flopper but you have Manu Ginobli on your team. Same shit with Duncan, if dirk used some kind of hand/arm move and got away with it like Duncan did, yall would be crying out the ass saying how its spurs vs. the world.