PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent: Darius Songaila

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 09:41 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_darius_songaila.jpghttp://www.nba.com/bulls/images/bulls_logo.gif

Darius Songaila | 25
Position: F
Born: Feb 14, 1978
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108,9 kg.
College : Wake Forest

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/darius_songaila/index.html?nav=page)

Athletic big. Not bad for an uptempo style.

Bruno
06-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Scola is way better than Songaila.
And he will be a restricted free agent if he opts out.

Rescueone
06-03-2006, 09:48 AM
We don't need a stiff! This dude isn't Athletic enough.

Texas_Ranger
06-03-2006, 09:52 AM
We don't need a stiff! This dude isn't Athletic enough.

agree

strangeweather
06-03-2006, 11:34 AM
The one thing I like about Songalia is that he actually has a little range. He would open up the floor on offense.

Streakyshooter08
06-03-2006, 11:58 AM
The things Songaila did before he got injured were solid. But I doubt he is the player Pop looks for...

timvp
07-08-2006, 03:50 AM
Don Harris on the news said that the Spurs have contacted Songaila.

I think it'd be a decent signing but I really don't like his lack of rebounding and his lack of toughness in general. He has a very good midrange jumper but is poor when it comes to boards and blocked shots.

I guess he'd be decent for a small ball power forward.

Meh.

Kori Ellis
07-08-2006, 03:56 AM
I would be really happy if we picked him up. He wouldnt play that much...

People are forgetting we have Duncan, Oberto, Javtokas, Williams, Bonner, and Horry playing 2 positions. There isnt much room left.

Williams isn't a power forward. And the Spurs still have no starter next to Duncan.

whottt
07-08-2006, 03:57 AM
Don Harris on the news said that the Spurs have contacted Songaila.

Is it curable? Penicillin?

I think it'd be a decent signing but I really don't like his lack of rebounding and his lack of toughness in general. He has a very good midrange jumper but is poor when it comes to boards and blocked shots.

I guess he'd be decent for a small ball power forward.

Meh.

Personally I give fuck all about Songaila...but I don't think his rebounding is that bad.

timvp
07-08-2006, 03:58 AM
Williams is a small forward.

Songaila would probably start if the Spurs signed him so he'd be a pretty vital piece. And not that inexpensive.

As I mentioned elsewhere, he has Wake Forest ties to Duncan and has played on the Lithuanian national team with Javtokas.

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 04:01 AM
He's skilled but I don't think he's athletic.

Sense
07-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Songaila is a very good player with decent range. I saw him play every game in Sacramento. He is solid.

I fucking love how you say that almost every player that played for SAC is solid JUST because you watched them play..

So fuckin credible!

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 04:06 AM
I have said that about BJ24 and Songaila. It is true. Sacramento gets solid players really cheap (BJack, Songaila, Gerald Wallace) and then cannot hold on to them. Just wait. Kevin Martin is next. Wallace is a stud losing him has got to hurt.

RON ARTEST
07-08-2006, 04:33 AM
Wallace is a stud losing him has got to hurt.
what? not when you have artest, he can do everything wallace can do except he can ron can do those things WAY better. let wallace go to a good team and see what he does, he cant hit an open shot to save his life either.

RON ARTEST
07-08-2006, 04:35 AM
I have said that about BJ24 and Songaila. It is true. Sacramento gets solid players really cheap (BJack, Songaila, Gerald Wallace) and then cannot hold on to them. Just wait. Kevin Martin is next.
kevin martin isnt going anywhere. in the sac bee they said songaila is most likely coming back to the kings or the heat. and bobby is gone because we traded him for bonzi, if you dont think that was a good trade your crazy. they just picked up kevin martins option on his contract and if bonzi gets signed and traded he will start so why the hell would they let him go?

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 04:41 AM
what? not when you have artest, he can do everything wallace can do except he can ron can do those things WAY better. let wallace go to a good team and see what he does, he cant hit an open shot to save his life either.
He would give you depth at least, or you could have gotten something for him, and Artest has far from proven himself to be free of his reputation as an undependable headcase, so depth would definitely be a good thing.

RON ARTEST
07-08-2006, 04:43 AM
im not saying they would want him to jon. the kings just have a history of letting 2 guards go...kmart will be back in sacramento next year for sure. i was talking about down the line.
what shooting guards are you talking about? i hope you dont mean mobley because hes a chucker and im glad that fucking idiot is gone. and if bonzi leaves it will be because we have to many 2 guards but he will be signed and traded in my opinion if they dont keep him. there is no reason why kevin would be gone down the line so why would he?

RON ARTEST
07-08-2006, 04:46 AM
anyway to get back on subject i think songaila is a very good player and would be very good on the spurs with tim duncan passing it out of double teams because songaila has a great mid range jumper. But he wouldnt be a good starter if you want to win a championship thats for sure.

RON ARTEST
07-08-2006, 04:51 AM
I am mostly talking about Maurice Evans and Gerald Wallace. Evans was a stud in Sacramento.
evans was very good but i dont think he was a stud, especially with kevin martin and fransisco on the team. they are better than him in my opinion and him and kevin arent even close as far as talent because kevin can do more things. where would evans fit on this team with bonzi, artest, kevin and fransisco? i think evans is a good player and everything but i think hes pretty much reached his potential because all he can do is shoot threes from the corner and dunk, plus he plays NO defense despite what some kings fans think.

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 04:56 AM
evans was very good but i dont think he was a stud, especially with kevin martin and fransisco on the team. they are better than him in my opinion and him and kevin arent even close as far as talent because kevin can do more things. where would evans fit on this team with bonzi, artest, kevin and fransisco? i think evans is a good player and everything but i think hes pretty much reached his potential because all he can do is shoot threes from the corner and dunk, plus he plays NO defense despite what some kings fans think.

If they had those guys they could have drafted a center or pf instead.

RON ARTEST
07-08-2006, 04:57 AM
If they had those guys they could have drafted a center or pf instead.
but i would rather have kevin and fransisco. evans isnt even close to kevin martin as far talent and i think everyone knows that. those guys were steals at the picks we got them for, petrie is one of the best gms i have ever seen.

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah they do draft well they still could have gotten something for those guys picks or whatever. Enough about the Kings anyways. Songaila would be a good guy to have in the rotation here.

RON ARTEST
07-08-2006, 05:28 AM
Scola is way better than Songaila.
And he will be a restricted free agent if he opts out.
scola? he hasnt even played in the nba and javtokas hasnt either so why the hell are you acting like this guy is proven? hes not better than anybody in the nba yet because he hasnt even played a damn game.

venitian navigator
07-08-2006, 06:38 AM
scola? he hasnt even played in the nba and javtokas hasnt either so why the hell are you acting like this guy is proven? hes not better than anybody in the nba yet because he hasnt even played a damn game.

Scola has played against the best of the U.S. athletes (U.S.A. national team) and played well...so, we're not talking about a player just with NBA potential (that is huge) but with proven skills at all levels, now in his prime -26 years old - with a lot of basketball experience at the highest level except NBA (Eurolegue, wher's always been the best P.F. in the game).
The fact ha has not played one nba game deosn't mean he didn't do already enough to be judged like a basketball player...in NBA perspective.
I also have to tell you that a lot of ppeople in Europe don't understand why the spurs are not signing him if they really have the chance to do it...also imho he's the best choice, along with javtokas, the spurs could make for rejuvenate the roster and be competitive at the some time.
he only problem, could be the "wiew" of referees...since he would be a rookie.
However, is not just necesary to be a rookie to have bad calls from the refs (see games 3-4 against Dallas in the play off).

Bruno
07-08-2006, 06:59 AM
hes not better than anybody in the nba yet because he hasnt even played a damn game.

:lmao This is the one of the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.
So Jason Hart is better than Adam Morrison, because Morriso hasn't played a nba game.

scola? he hasnt even played in the nba and javtokas hasnt either so why the hell are you acting like this guy is proven?

Get a clue, you don't play BB only in nba.
And it's not like I say that Scola is better than SAR, it's Darius Songaila.

Bruno
07-08-2006, 07:02 AM
If it's true that Spurs are after Songaila, I'm stunned :
It makes zero sense for me to go after Songaila when you have Matt Bonner and when you have refused to sign a better and cheaper player with Scola.

V-2
07-08-2006, 07:21 AM
I second that, Spurs need a shot blocker.

Russ
07-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Javtokas outscored Songaila and Tim Duncan when the US played Lithuania in the '04 Olympics.

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2004/04_moly83_box.html

wildbill2u
07-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Darius Songaila | 25
Position: F
Born: Feb 14, 1978
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108,9 kg.
College : Wake Forest

Athletic big. Not bad for an uptempo style.

Carreer journeyman with undistinguished record and at 28 no upside.

Gotta be better than this to make the elephant dance. :depressed :depressed

bdictjames
07-08-2006, 01:17 PM
The one thing I like about Songalia is that he actually has a little range. He would open up the floor on offense.

We've already got plenty of guys to do that. We need a rebounding, blocking center

Russ
07-08-2006, 01:59 PM
We've already got plenty of guys to do that. We need a rebounding, blocking center

Javtokas also had more blocks (and rebounds) than Songaila in the olympics.

http://www.basketstat.com/jo/04athenes/cumulstatLTU.php

coachmac87
07-08-2006, 02:08 PM
kings suck

coachmac87
07-08-2006, 02:08 PM
sacramento queens

DirkAB
07-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Scola must not be as good as a lot are making him out to be, otherwise the Spurs would pay the money to get him over here. Does anybody else get sick of hearing about this guy?

ChumpDumper
07-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Damn, Marcus Fizer would give you 9 and 4 off the bench for room and board.