PDA

View Full Version : Who are you rooting for?

himat
06-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm going for the Suns now because I don't hate any of their players. I hate the Mavs, and I don't want Alonzo, Payton, Wade, Antione, and the rest of those bitches to win a championship.

I can't believe that both the Pistons and Spurs are not alive. Wow :smokin . I hope the Spurs get a person that can help them match up with the Mavs, and I hope the Pistons get back to playing basketball because something went terribly wrong after Game 2 against Cleveland. Spurs and Pistons in 07 Finals. :grim:

Oh, Gee!!
06-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Heat.

ducks
06-03-2006, 10:12 AM
I am going for SUNS

angel_luv
06-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Suns first and the Heat if necessary.

Hook Dem
06-03-2006, 10:14 AM
^^^^^ Ditto^^^^^

SPARKY
06-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Spurs.

Rescueone
06-03-2006, 10:15 AM
PHOENIX for me also, although I think they are running out of gas. If Amare was there no question who would win the ring.

ducks
06-03-2006, 10:16 AM
they were rumors he was going to play in game 5 which would be STUPID but would shock the mavs

Trainwreck2100
06-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Anyone not named Mavericks

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-03-2006, 10:17 AM
All the Mavericks opponents.:smokin

Texas_Ranger
06-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Phx

rwb
06-03-2006, 10:25 AM
I really, really couldn't care less. The thought of Shaq on TV even longer makes me as ill as seeing Dallas or the Suns go all the way. However, the networks must be ecstatic.

ALVAREZ6
06-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Fuck all of them.

I hate all of those teams. But if I had to choose one to win, I'd pick the Suns.

...but it will be tough for them.

Why couldn't the Pistons just beat Miami...

himat
06-03-2006, 10:29 AM
I really, really couldn't care less. The thought of Shaq on TV even longer makes me as ill as seeing Dallas or the Suns go all the way. However, the networks must be ecstatic.

God I wish the Pistons were not so cocky and I wish the Spurs were not screwed by the refs in Games 3 and 4 because than I'd be very happy right now. Pistons fans and the players just realized that it wasn't the HCA that lost it for them in 05 against San Antonio, but it was that they had to comeback again and the Spurs had much more energy to kill the Pistons. We had HCA this year, but we had to fight back again and it's so damn annoying because it's great that this team has the heart and composure to comeback, but every time we get ourselves stuck in the situation when we are better.

picnroll
06-03-2006, 10:30 AM
abc

snowboarder
06-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I have nothing wrong with the heat, wade is tha man!

ashbeeigh
06-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm going for the Mavs just to make you all really really really mad.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Fuck all that shit, any teams that plas the mavericks are my allies because the mavericks are my enemies.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 11:45 AM
For me it goes Suns, then Heat....(just because IF , and that's a big if, they do advance past the Mavs, then they'd be a true underdog against Shaq, Wade and Riley )

Mavs are out of the question...:lol

but in the end if Dirk gets it, he really earned it no matter how you want to slice it.(ref excuse, star treatment) He did his part at least. :lol

Today we'll see if the Suns make it. Though I can't believe I'm actually concerned for them , if not just a fraction of concern I had when the Spurs were facing elimination against the Mavs in game 6. They've been a tight unit, without talking too much like the Pistons and some at the Mavs camp so I like that in the Suns this year.

I don't mind Miami Shaq, and I like Wade a lot so if they win it all I'll be happy too.

Payton getting his first ring??? ehh, it's not as bad Malone getting it.

Walker and Williams...I don't have much of a problem--it's just, they're just so damn stupid. But hopefully they'll both lose their rings the next day because of that very reason somehow.

mFFL03
06-03-2006, 11:46 AM
i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness

himat
06-03-2006, 11:47 AM
1. Suns: Don't hate any of the players
2.Mavs: I don't like nowitzki.
3.Heat: I hate all of them. I hope Shaq doesn't get another ring, and I hope Wade, Zo, payton, Antione, and the rest of them don't get their first ring.

dknights411
06-03-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm actually indifferent, just as long as the Mavs lose of course. :devil

ShoogarBear
06-03-2006, 11:50 AM
See sig.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-03-2006, 11:53 AM
i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness i am a nowitzness
GAY

Much gayer than "I am a Wadeness." :lol

shelshor
06-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Whoever the Mavericks are playing

lilmads
06-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Heat!:)

Shank
06-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Mavs.

Mavs_man_41
06-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Mavs all the way!!!!!!!

Bob Lanier
06-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I guess the Mavericks.

And I really don't like the Mavericks. I just like the other two teams less (and that has nothing to do with the Pistons losing).

Whoever has the best chance of denying Shaquille O'Neal a ring has gotten my unquestioned support since he came into the league, and I'm not going to change my policy now.

themvp
06-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Suns.

koopa
06-03-2006, 01:43 PM
suns are more then likely out tonight, so i'm going for the heat, i hate almost everyone on the heat but i hate cuban, dirk, and aj even more.

greens
06-03-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm rooting for a Miami vs Suns Finals...with Miami winning...

birdy219
06-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Call me a hater if you want to.

I don't care who wins. After Stern admitted he is rigging the NBA so that flashier teams win, I quit watching. Look I was a bulls fan and saw that Jordan got every benefit of the doubt call ever invented. Most of us said well he deserves it because of who he is and what he has done for the game. But when Dirk starts getting MJ treatment, I knew it was time to stop watching. Then, Ronnie Nunn (head of officials) said on NBA insiders that the blocking call on Timmy was incorrect and should have been called a charge on Dirk. I was saying "yeah right" don't act like the officials didn't know what they were doing. Stern's three main guys Bavetta, Joey Crawford, and Javie were given explicit instructions from the head honcho to make sure we get outta there. I watched the 1st couple of games of the Phoenix series and I noticed that Dirk wasn't getting nearly the RESPECT he received against us. Did the refs suddenly forget hand checking fouls? Could it be that little Stevie gets the same RESPECT as Dirk? I even saw that Dirk had to sit in the first half of a game because he was in FOUL trouble. Was he EVER in foul trouble in the Spurs series? The mission was ACCOMPLISHED. Make sure that there won't be another boring finals with the Spurs and Pistons. Look for the finals to be called completely different. Shaq will be allowed to elbow, knock defenders off with his butt, and Wade can not be looked at without going to the line. Then, Cuban will send in tapes, get fined, and miraculously Shaq will foul out the next game. Stern would have wanted the Lakers/Heat, but the Lakers weren't good enough. This will be the first year since the Lakers/Pacers series that I won't be watching the finals.
Reasons to pull for the Suns- nash & marion
Reasons to pull against them- d'antoni & sarver, amare is too cocky for my taste but he's young. Also, bell is a punk.

Reasons to pull for the mavs- avery diop dirk is good (I hate when he makes faces.)
Reasons to pull against them- CUBAN, terry, stackhouse, MAV FANS

Reasons to pull for Miami- Wade and Miami fans
Reasons to pull against them- Shaq, Zo, the mitten, the shimmy

baseline bum
06-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I don't care. This is probably the first NBA Finals I won't watch since 1985. I hate Shaq, and hope he loses. I hate Cuban, and hope he never gets a title. I hate Nash, and it would be disgusting to see his overrated ass legitimized by a title.

ducks
06-03-2006, 02:55 PM
I am with bb this finals suck
I have reasons why I want no team to win
I guess the suns but the bad think about that is then nash might win the mvp next year

spurster
06-03-2006, 02:56 PM
For me it seems to depend on who I've made my vBookie bet on. I bet on Mavs in 6 and Heat in 6 and then I started rooting for them.

himat
06-03-2006, 03:28 PM
I thought this would be a decade all about the Pistons and Spurs. :depressed . I guess one can beat 5 Sheed. I hate players who get so many calls when they haven't even earned it. You didn't even see MJ get these calls after he became a legend. He didn't get the benifit of the whistle his first 5 years and here come Lebron and Wade and you can't even look at the guys. Fuck Stern :madrun

sanman53
06-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I havent watched an NBA game since G7Spurs/Mavs.

I hate Shaq with a passion. Now that I hear he is in the finals, I will not watch another game, nor get on ESPN, CNNSI, NBA, etc., .com's until the draft.

Once again, I hate Shaq with a passion. Shaq ruins the entire playoffs for me.

jochhejaam
06-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Whoever comes out of the West.

Ariel
06-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Suns first. If Dallas advances, then it comes down to this:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/260/dog4ix.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Miami & Shaq winning

VS

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8789/elephant8se.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Dallas & Cuban winning

j-6
06-03-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm rooting for the snakes on the plane.

AMOS7
06-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Suns if they make it. Heat if the Suns don't make it.

mike detroit
06-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Holland

jochhejaam
06-04-2006, 07:06 AM
Shaq's been a jerk too many times in his career for me to root for the Heat. Do any of the Spurs fans here recall his unfounded disrespect for David Robinson? I remember Shaq addressing that issue to a reporter and saying something to the effect that he didn't like Robinson but that 'if he saw him in the store he wouldn't punch him out'.
Robinson was the greatest role model of all time (IMO) in the NBA and Shaq's a shameless self promoter. No contest on who I'm pulling for. I'd love to see Shaq "devasted" for the third year in a row!

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/0531/nba_a_wallace_395.jpg

Pero
06-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Mavs, because I don`t like Shaq...

Mavs_man_41
06-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Go Mavs!!!!!

Cant_Be_Faded
06-04-2006, 12:34 PM
See sig.

:lmao

picnroll
06-04-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm rooting for the off season.

mavsfan1000
06-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Mavs for 2006 Champions. I like their chances against Miami.

pussyface
06-04-2006, 03:45 PM
im going with the san antonio spurs.
they've won 3 rings in the past...

theMUHMEshow
06-05-2006, 01:42 PM
I am pulling for Cuban to win one for Dallas

MrChug
06-05-2006, 03:41 PM
This technically is a win-win for me. Why? I come from the school of rooting for the team/opponent that you lost to to win it ALL so that way you didn't lose in vain. So if they win, I'm happy...hell, it's still a TX team. Second, if the Heat win Dwyane Wade, my favorite non-Spur in the world wins and most likely will grab an MVP. I'm not and have NEVER been a Shaq hater, how could you hate a big dorky kid? And yes, the annoying arrogant Mavs fan will enter another year (what does this make 40?) of "what coulda been"! :lol