PDA

View Full Version : Joe Dumars said there would be roster changes next season,

ducks
06-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Pistons president Joe Dumars said after Game 6 there would be roster changes next season, but it's highly unlikely he'll call for a major overhaul.

"I don't feel like this is the end of the run," Chauncey Billups said. "I just feel like it was one of those years where we just fell short. We have a lot of pieces here that hopefully can be here for a long time.

"What I hope is, we take the team we've got and get it better."

Billups will be entering an option year next season. Ben Wallace will be a free agent.

"I don't know what's going to happen," Wallace said. "We will find out in due time.

"I think everybody knows where my heart's at. I don't have to say anything for people to realize where I want to be."

Tayshaun Prince , Richard Hamilton , Rasheed Wallace , Antonio McDyess , Maurice Evans , Dale Davis , Carlos Delfino , Jason Maxiell and Amir Johnson are under contract.

Kelvin Cato will not be re-signed. The Pistons likely will look to trade Delfino, who wants to be moved to a situation where he has a chance to play.

Tony Delk has a player option, which he likely will waive and become a free agent. The Pistons are interested in re-signing him.

Lindsey Hunter will take the summer to decide whether to return for another season.

"Who knows?" Hamilton said when asked if he expected changes. "The way we played in this series wasn't the way we played all season.

"We have to figure out what it was. I mean, you go back to the drawing board, you figure it out and you come back next year and you change it."

himat
06-03-2006, 11:51 AM
I hope Joe D. makes a great move because we need one. I'm hoping we get a Tony Parker/Devin Harris type player who can penetrate well off the bench, a post player who can't shoot so that he always stay in the paint unlike Sheed, and a Fortson type player who rebounds well and will foul the Wades of the world hard. Wade gets the calls anyways if you look at him so a guy like this will make Wade hurt at least.

JamStone
06-03-2006, 11:54 AM
The Spurs are older, and that's not talking smack. The Spurs ARE older.

ducks
06-03-2006, 12:15 PM
you guys did have darko though

DirkAB
06-03-2006, 12:16 PM
this pistons are too old!

www.pistonstalk.com

That must make the Spurs ancient.