PDA

View Full Version : Why did Detroit not go into Chauncey Three Mode?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-03-2006, 11:49 AM
He was 3-14 with NINE total points in a game which eliminated you guys from the playoffs.

Why did Flip not go to the offensive strategy which put him ahead countless regular season games:

The Chauncey Three.

I just don't get it. It's like he....choked...his own strategy away.

JamStone
06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Flip choked as a coach. Chauncey played poorly and choked as a clutch performer.

No one really knows all the reasons behind the poor shooint all playoffs long. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the play-calling. Some of it was tired legs. Some of it was not making adjustments.

Bottomline, Flip didn't coach very well and Chauncey didn't play very well.

himat
06-03-2006, 11:57 AM
He was 3-14 with NINE total points in a game which eliminated you guys from the playoffs.

Why did Flip not go to the offensive strategy which put him ahead countless regular season games:

The Chauncey Three.

I just don't get it. It's like he....choked...his own strategy away.

I wouldn't have believed anyone if someone told me before the game that Jason Williams will outplay Chauncey drastically. It happened though
:bang :td

himat
06-03-2006, 12:00 PM
I hope Pistons have the media shoot at them again. Ever since we had 4 all stars the team has felt as if things should be handed to them. This team can't win being the favorites. I hope next year we go under the radar again.

DirkAB
06-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Pistons' egos became way too big, they bought into their own hype. It made them uncoachable, they blew this season, not the coach.

bdubya
06-03-2006, 12:24 PM

The Chauncey Three.

...because...

He was 3-14

Any other questions?

mookie2001
06-03-2006, 12:26 PM
but on offense they were free though, they could do whatever they wanted!

Bob Lanier
06-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Egos? The only Piston whose ego was out of control was Chauncey Billups, and even that was only partially his fault - he was being :jack by Flip at every possible opportunity. Uncoachable? If a coach does not establish the respect of his players, that is the coach's fault.

As for "Chauncey Three Mode", it didn't really matter at that point. Even in the unlikely event that Billups didn't brick or airball every shot he took in the second half, the Pistons' defense was absolute shit and wouldn't have gotten any stops.

Yes, they choked.

FreshPrince22
06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
They choked badly (Chauncey, I'm looking at you), and Sheed/Rip's ankles didn't help any.