PDA

View Full Version : Official NBA Finals Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Kori Ellis
06-03-2006, 10:41 PM
In this thread, everyone can talk about the Mavs-Heat matchup. I don't want tons of threads in the Spurs forum of the same type. So this is it.

Post here.

Good luck to Dirk and Dwyane.

DirkAB
06-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Heat take home the hardware, not sure how many games but I'm sure it will be at least 6 or 7.

angel_luv
06-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Go Heat!

4001 STEREO SPUR
06-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Go Heat!

J.T.
06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Miami in 5.

Wade for FMVP.

dnlasers
06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Go Heat Go

Spurologist
06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
1. Haslem/Posey will tame Dirk.
2. Payton will domesticate Terry.
3. Shaq will manhandle Erika in the middle.
4. Wade will be dunking on people

Those are all the keys you need

Mavs_man_41
06-03-2006, 10:51 PM
GO MAVS!!!! mavs in 6

ducks
06-03-2006, 10:52 PM
1. Haslem/Posey will tame Dirk.
2. Payton will domesticate Terry.
3. Shaq will manhandle Erika in the middle.
4. Wade will be dunking on people

Those are all the keys you need

wade would dunk on dirk if dirk played d

ducks
06-03-2006, 10:53 PM
pat riley vs aj

who has the advantage?

ducks
06-03-2006, 10:54 PM
does anyone think stan vangundy could have lead the heat to the finals this year?

CAGE
06-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Miami Heat 2006 NBA Champions :hat

snowboarder
06-03-2006, 10:57 PM
heeeeeeeeat

Leetonidas
06-03-2006, 10:57 PM
pat riley vs aj

who has the advantage?

WTF kinda question is that?

As a coach, Riley = 4 rings, AJ = 0.

Mavs_man_41
06-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Miami Heat 2006 NBA Champions :hat

no thanks

Spurologist
06-03-2006, 11:08 PM
no thanks

You need a reality check. You might not know that until it hit you in the face.

Visualize

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/tt27di.gif

DDS4
06-03-2006, 11:14 PM
The Mavs will need Josh Howard to bring it along with Dirk vs. Shaq/Wade.

spurs_in_7
06-03-2006, 11:21 PM
aj will get schooled by riley.
we will see the effectiveness of tall ball.
heat in 6

Spurologist
06-03-2006, 11:21 PM
Dallas better hope their youngings don't fade when the bright lights come on.

angel_luv
06-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Ok, I have had some time to cool off and I want to say congrats to Dirk and Keith Van Horn on making the Finals. You two guys are aiight and I'm sorry I can't wish you guys continued success.

Go Heat! :)

ponky
06-03-2006, 11:23 PM
lol, look at all these bandwagon heat fans...it's alright spurs fans, rememeber all those brotherly loving pistons fans on here last week? well, they're over on mavtalk wishing us well agains the heat...dallas in 6

ponky
06-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Dallas better hope their youngings don't fade when the bright lights come on.

eh, they didn't fade in game 7 when we were down against the spurs, nor did they fade when were down by 18 TWICE tonight...i think they're used to it by now

J.T.
06-03-2006, 11:26 PM
eh, they didn't fade in game 7 when we were down against the spurs, nor did they fade when were down by 18 TWICE tonight...i think they're used to it by now

But the question is, will they fold when they're down 27 in Game 5, in a 3-1 hole against the Heat?

angel_luv
06-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Phew! Ok I am done being witchypoo. Peace out! :)

resistanze
06-03-2006, 11:32 PM
It's gonna be a good series. I would give Dallas the egde if Shaq wasn't such a beast in the finals. He averaged like 36 PPG/15 RPG /3 BPG in the three peat. Geez.

I know he's older but watch out.

conneaut615
The Mavs will have their hands full with the Heat's D - it's a lot like the Spurs. Again, Joe Prunty is going to be a key factor in getting them ready. I see the Mavs withering, however. And what's with the Jonestown white shirts? Kinda eerie.

TwinTowers4eva
Go Heat

ponky
06-03-2006, 11:36 PM
But the question is, will they fold when they're down 27 in Game 5, in a 3-1 hole against the Heat?

Considering we beat them by 36 points (or was it 37?( late in the season with a healthy Shaq and wade, I'd say naaaaaaaaaaaaah. Keep dreaming though, the season doesn't start up again for another 5 1/2 months or so.

Spurologist
06-03-2006, 11:39 PM

this is the FINALS. "get your head out your bun" (good commercial). They are, for the first time, going to experience a media blitz unlike ever before. Reporters from various of countries be there asking questions about any and everything. The pressure will mount so high that some of them won't get any sleep. They know they will be watched world wide by hundreds of countries. Focus will be lost. They will press and become rattled. They will question themselves and what exactly they are doing on the court.

The master planner Pat Riley is a master of exploiting weaknesses. You just better hope one of the above doesn't happen because it could be all downhill from there.

Leetonidas
06-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Considering we beat them by 36 points (or was it 37?( late in the season with a healthy Shaq and wade, I'd say naaaaaaaaaaaaah. Keep dreaming though, the season doesn't start up again for another 5 1/2 months or so.

Riley's been there, Shaq has been there, Payton has been there.

Riley = 4 rings, Shaq = 3 rings.

Avery = 1 ring.

The team you'll be playing now is much different than the end of season Heat. They've been badass ever since the NJ series.

conneaut615
06-03-2006, 11:42 PM
The photo the Heat should post on their bulletin board is the ridiculous shot of Cuban in the locker room tonight - balancing the WC trophy on his head like a bunch of fruit like an old Carmen Miranda movie.

Spurologist
06-03-2006, 11:45 PM

how many of the heat players were healthy. Alonzo was out. Shaq didn't play in one game and in the rest he could barely move. JWill has been hurt most of the season. Walker was coming off the bench and his role wasn't certain. Wade was the only one that was consistent for most of the regular season. His fg% were so off against the mavs was because he had to take the majority of the shots. Thus, that made him force shots = led to easy baskets.

Dallas will be lucky if they don't get eaten alive this time around

conneaut615
06-03-2006, 11:47 PM
this is the FINALS. "get your head out your bun" (good commercial). They are, for the first time, going to experience a media blitz unlike ever before. Reporters from various of countries be there asking questions about any and everything. The pressure will mount so high that some of them won't get any sleep. They know they will be watched world wide by hundreds of countries. Focus will be lost. They will press and become rattled. They will question themselves and what exactly they are doing on the court.

The master planner Pat Riley is a master of exploiting weaknesses. You just better hope one of the above doesn't happen but it could be all downhill from there.

Remember how focused AJ was in '99 - that's most likely all coming back to him now. . .

ponky
06-03-2006, 11:51 PM
keep talking, it's funny...no sense wasting more time with the spurs and their *what-if's*...i'll be back after we take the first two at home, bye for now

RashoFan
06-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Kori, any chance you will have any NBA Finals GTG?

J.T.
06-03-2006, 11:52 PM

In the season Miami had shitty records against all of the top 4 teams. Yet they knocked off Detroit, the best team in the league record-wise with 4 All-Stars. One of the guys on TNT said it tonight, Heat aren't playing like they were playing in the season. Shaq and Wade have stepped it up. They want it. You are a fool if you are going into this next series thinking the Mavs have a considerable edge on Miami. Miami isn't going to bite the smallball bait, and your crappy centers will be exploited for what they are. Like I said, Miami in 5.

Leetonidas
06-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Shaq's been there. He wants that damn ring more than a cheeseburger right now.

boutons_
06-03-2006, 11:57 PM
With Shaq and Alonzo (and Gary) at the end of their careers, Shaq and Pat are super-motivated to get these old timers a ring. There very probably won't be another chance.

Mavs have more tools, but I bet Miami has more motivation, plus more rings + Finals coaching and playing experience.

Fuck Cuban. Anything But Cuban. I'd like Dirk to win it, but his employer is a bastard.

Mavs have HCA. Mavs took 2 games off Spurs @ATT, and 2 game off Suns @PHX, plus, like the Spurs in 03, eliminated Spurs and Suns on the road.

If the Heat can't get a split @DAL, Mavs will win it.

Drbio
06-03-2006, 11:57 PM
This forum thought the Mavs would lose to Memphis. They didn't.
This forum thought the Mavs would lose to the Spurs. They didn't.
This forum thought the Mavs would lose to the Suns. They didn't.

This forum wants the Mavs to lose to the Heat. They won't.

Leetonidas
06-03-2006, 11:59 PM

Who the hell thought they were gonna lose to the Grizz and Suns? I said the Suns wouldn't be an easy task, but I never thought they'd lose. And the Grizz? Please

ponky
06-04-2006, 12:00 AM
In the season Miami had shitty records against all of the top 4 teams. Yet they knocked off Detroit, the best team in the league record-wise with 4 All-Stars. One of the guys on TNT said it tonight, Heat aren't playing like they were playing in the season. Shaq and Wade have stepped it up. They want it. You are a fool if you are going into this next series thinking the Mavs have a considerable edge on Miami. Miami isn't going to bite the smallball bait, and your crappy centers will be exploited for what they are. Like I said, Miami in 5.

If you think the Pistons played like a team with four All-Stars during the playoffs, you're smoking something crazy. Pistons weren't playing like they were during the regular season either, genius. I never said the Mavs were going to sweep the Heat or have an easy time winning the games but I do think they'll take it in six. We'll see who comes closer with the predictions.

Spurologist
06-04-2006, 12:03 AM
keep talking, it's funny...no sense wasting more time with the spurs and their *what-if's*...i'll be back after we take the first two at home, bye for now

It's not a what if. All I am saying is reality will hit them unlike any opponent they have faced in the playoffs. Dallas will be feeling confident that they handedly beat Miami in the regular season. Healthy or not for Miami, Dallas won in the regular season. Congrats to them. However, an unassailable force will hit them straight across the face and they will wonder why they are even in the finals. An unyeilding agression will mount against them so hard that the refs can't even save them.

Erika Dampier will be wishing he stayed in the WNBA
Dirk won't be getting the same bail out calls he got before. Dude is ft line dependent. When he doesn't get there, he will be crying like a bitch acting like someone stole his ass cream. Mark Cuban won't be there because his ass will be gang raped by gorillas. His money won't be a factor in the series
Devin Harris/Howard and co. are your two core youngings. Pray for them. Stackhouse will deliver another masterful choke performance.

AJ will make adjustments and institute the "coach player offense." Out of desperation, the little general becomes and player. Shortly thereafter, Dirk yells at AJ for not making shots. AJ fires back and sits his ass for the rest of the finals.

The rest is history

midgetonadonkey
06-04-2006, 12:04 AM
So this is the official thread.

Spurologist
06-04-2006, 12:04 AM

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/niceobservation0vq.jpg

J.T.
06-04-2006, 12:05 AM
If you think the Pistons played like a team with four All-Stars during the playoffs, you're smoking something crazy. Pistons weren't playing like they were during the regular season either, genius. I never said the Mavs were going to sweep the Heat or have an easy time winning the games but I do think they'll take it in six. We'll see who comes closer with the predictions.

Tell you what, I'll mail you a Miami heat 2006 NBA Champs hat when the Heat take it home.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Who's going to hold Wade?

Who's going to guard Shaq?

I don't think they have anybody to shut down dirk...but between Posey, Walker and Wade they can throw Dirk's game off enough to win the series pretty easily. Probably 4-2 maybe 4-1.

See you next year Dallas. ; )

DDS4
06-04-2006, 12:08 AM

Nice blanket statements. The only one that was true was the thought of losing to the Spurs.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 12:08 AM
Who's going to guard Dirk at the line? The death knell for the NBA...the Kraut free throw superstar.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Who's going to guard Dirk at the line? The death knell for the NBA...the Kraut free throw superstar.

I don't think the NBA can afford to rob somebody in the NBA finals when the worlds watching.

Hopefully the games are better ref'd, and it's obvious when Dirk trips over his own feet and when he's being tripped.

midgetonadonkey
06-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Shouldn't this be in the "official" NBA finals thread?

Mavs_man_41
06-04-2006, 12:10 AM
oh fuck you

Spurologist
06-04-2006, 12:11 AM
Tell you what, I'll mail you a Miami heat 2006 NBA Champs hat when the Heat take it home.

Fuck that. Send him the entire sports illustrated package. I'm sure he'll want to relive the moments over and over a again. Those are really the moments to saver

Please_dont_ban_me
Shouldn't this be in the "official" NBA finals thread?

Thanks, Mr. Mod. :rolleyes

Please_dont_ban_me
oh fuck you

That can be arranged.

koopa
06-04-2006, 12:13 AM
i think the league would rather have the heat win this, so i hope the officiating is horrible in favor of the heat

Please_dont_ban_me
06-04-2006, 12:14 AM
i think the league would rather have the heat win this, so i hope the officiating is horrible in favor of the heat

Please, god.

I would like nothing better at this point than to have to the whole summer shove this in the Mavs faces. :D

Mavs_man_41
06-04-2006, 12:16 AM
screw u guys, mavs in 6!!!!

Leetonidas
06-04-2006, 12:21 AM
screw u guys, mavs in 6!!!!

You should've made your prediction for the Suns series before it was over.

SA Gunslinger
06-04-2006, 12:39 AM
I am gonna laugh my azz off for a week if they let Snaq go back to his old ways and just bulldozes the Mavs.

Nowitzki is half the player Larry Bird was yet he is getting Bird type respect. Hopefully Stern will rectify that in the Finals.

Shank
06-04-2006, 12:40 AM
I am gonna laugh my azz off for a week if they let Snaq go back to his old ways and just bulldozes the Mavs.

Nowitzki is half the player Larry Bird was yet he is getting Bird type respect. Hopefully Stern will rectify that in the Finals.

Are you sure you understand how the NBA works?

kalikot_boy_kr
06-04-2006, 12:42 AM
I Will Support Miami Fot This Time!!!! Hoping The Refs Will Recieved Million $ From Mr Cuban......hahhaha!

kalikot_boy_kr
06-04-2006, 12:44 AM
I Learned That Cuban Screwed The Spurs, So I Support The Heat! Hahahha!

Shank
06-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Does anyone understand this guy?

Trainwreck2100
06-04-2006, 12:49 AM
oh fuck you

quality posts like this one can't be copied.

baseline bum
06-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Shove what in the Mavs faces? They beat the Spurs, so there's nothing a Spurs fan can say to Dallas fans right now. Scroreboard own all, and they have it.

You can never underestimate a champion like Shaq in a series of this magnitude, and I expect him to be huge. Wade will give Dallas nightmares, likewise. However, in the end Dallas will be the one standing because they have the depth to wear out the Heat just like they did to the Spurs. The Spurs had 4 guys playing like All-Stars, but it still wasn't enough in the end, and I don't think Miami's 2 can get it done unless Wade has another ridiculous series like he had against the Pistons. Dallas in 6.

T Park
06-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Agreed, its Dallas's year, along with them having 3 goons to throw and hack shaq.

Who will guard Terry? Not Jayson WIlliams.

Mavericks in 6.

Congrats Mav fans and Cuban, you all will hoist your first ever trophy.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Screw the NBA, and the matchmaking setup of a Finals.

I just lost some interest in the NBA for the first time in my life.

What's the point of watching, please tell.

SA Gunslinger
06-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Are you sure you understand how the NBA works?

Dirk<<<Larry Bird

Melmart1
06-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Official Finals Thread?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Agreed, its Dallas's year, along with them having 3 goons to throw and hack shaq.

Mavericks in 6.

Let's put some money on it.

MissAllThat
06-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Screw the NBA, and the matchmaking setup of a Finals.

I just lost some interest in the NBA for the first time in my life.

What's the point of watching, please tell.

Well there is no point in watching, but it doesn't do that much good. Its not like the NBA will notice.

blaze89
06-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Dallas will need to run - Shaq won't run in the open court and if he does he won't be on the court long. Dallas cannot play in the halfcourt with O'Neal on the court, won't work.

dieman8686
06-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Please, god.

I would like nothing better at this point than to have to the whole summer shove this in the Mavs faces. :D
How ironic...

SA Gunslinger
06-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Dallas will need to run - Shaq won't run in the open court and if he does he won't be on the court long. Dallas cannot play in the halfcourt with O'Neal on the court, won't work.

Good analysis. Dallas will have to speed the game up. It will be interesting to see if Avery goes to the Van Horn - Dirk frontline, if his bigs get into foul trouble. That will let them spot up three point shooters at every position. But to play like Phoenix, you need Steve Nash. We will see how it turns out because if AJ uses Van Horn and Dirk together, one of the two will have to play Snaq at the other end.

It will come down to tempo and the Heat want to slow things down, kinda like what the Mavs did to the Suns.

Das Texan
06-04-2006, 01:27 AM

Mavericks in 6.

James Posey. When he is right he is top 5 in the league defensively on the perimeter.

dav4463
06-04-2006, 01:32 AM
I really hope Wade gets to the line a lot and Shaq is allowed to bang and push. It would be so funny to hear Mav fans say, "how can one guy shoot 24 free throws in one game? how can Shaq play 40 minutes and only get one foul??? Best case scenario: Shaq send Dirk to the floor with an offensive foul...ref calls "block"...cuban runs on the floor and is ejected ! that would be so great !

judaspriestess
06-04-2006, 01:34 AM
the point is stupid fucking mindless drones will watch the nba finals. You know like dallas fans, this is dedicated to them

dieman8686
06-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Wow, a lot of hate for my Mavs...Now you guys don't want to say anything compromising about how the Mavs suck and the Pistons, oops sorry(forgot about your Pistons sweeping the Mavs in the Finals, but I guess they didn't even make it :rolleyes ), I mean how the heat will own the Mavs. It's just funny reading all this sour grape shit you guys post here, get over yourselfs...and stop coming here with stupid ass predictions, we will see who wins and this link will be in my "favorites". Keep drinking :drunk .

dieman8686
06-04-2006, 01:36 AM
I really hope Wade gets to the line a lot and Shaq is allowed to bang and push. It would be so funny to hear Mav fans say, "how can one guy shoot 24 free throws in one game? how can Shaq play 40 minutes and only get one foul??? Best case scenario: Shaq send Dirk to the floor with an offensive foul...ref calls "block"...cuban runs on the floor and is ejected ! that would be so great !
Sorry thats not our style if you know what I mean, unlike..*Cough...Cough...Cough*, sorry excuse me. :smokin

Winnipeg_Spur
06-04-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm watching, cause it's the fucking NBA finals...

judaspriestess
06-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Have fun!! :spin

The NBA finals have been at the bottom of the heap for the past several years as far as ratings, people watch the world series more. Lets hope ABC has a suck ass finals..........

DirkAB
06-04-2006, 01:49 AM
What an intelligent thread. Next time somebody calls you Homer, you better not even try and defend yourself.

My mom will watch the NBA finals, and her favorite team is the Spurs!!!! How pathetic is that shit???? My mom is more of a fan of the NBA than some of you Homers.

makedamnsure
06-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Let the Mavs savor their first finals apperance.

not like we haven't been there before, or twice or even three times.

J.T.
06-04-2006, 02:15 AM
I am sure Hubie Brown and Al Michaels have almost everything to do with the Finals ratings sucking, not Spurs. Now, if the NBA got Dane Cook and Wanda Sykes to call the game, the Finals could pit a crippled duck against a hamster and the ratings would go thru the roof.

baseline bum
06-04-2006, 02:15 AM
I expect Dallas to bring Texas it's 6th NBA title, probably in 6 games. I don't think the Heat have enough weapons to get this series.

BTW, one of Antoine Walker and Keith Van Horn will hold the Larry O'Brien trophy. WTF is with this world?

J.T.
06-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Wow, a lot of hate for my Mavs...Now you guys don't want to say anything compromising about how the Mavs suck and the Pistons, oops sorry(forgot about your Pistons sweeping the Mavs in the Finals, but I guess they didn't even make it :rolleyes ), I mean how the heat will own the Mavs. It's just funny reading all this sour grape shit you guys post here, get over yourselfs...and stop coming here with stupid ass predictions, we will see who wins and this link will be in my "favorites". Keep drinking :drunk .

You realize we aren't going to just roll over and tie and stop talking about how your team was only 5 minutes better than us. What's hilarious is that now that the Mavs won the WC, this season is win-win for them. If Mavs beat Heat, you fuckfaces are going to joygasm about how fucking awesome your team is and how you will pwn the Spurs next year and repeat 8 times and how Dirk will dethrone Michael and a bunch of other overexaggerated homer bullshit. If Mavs lose to the Heat, you're going to say the exact same shit because beating SA is pretty much tantamount to winning the NBA championship to retarded Mavs fans. If the Mavs lose this Finals, 10 years from now when both of our teams are rebuilding, we're still gonna hear about how fucking great the Mavs are because they beat the Spurs in 2006. I for one am looking forward to Shaq ripping your collective hearts out and eating them as he hoists the Larry O'Brien. Eat shit Mavsfan, eat shit.

I expect Dallas to bring Texas it's 6th NBA title, probably in 6 games. I don't think the Heat have enough weapons to get this series.

In case you didn't get the memo, we sold Dallas back to Mexico.

BgT
06-04-2006, 03:24 AM
I'm for Mavs here. I didin't like Miami at the start of the season, when everyone said they are our biggest rivals. I don't like them now. Mavs in 6 and Spurs will "officially" be second best team in the league.

(Plus there are some bets against Miami from the beginning of the season and I don't want to pay :lol )

J.T.
06-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Mavs in 6 and Spurs will "officially" be second best team in the league.

But if Mavs win, Miami is the second best team?

Texas_Ranger
06-04-2006, 04:24 AM
I hope that Mavs will win, because I don`t want to see Shaq with the title.
I know that Mavs had won the Spurs but still I like them more then Miami.

MissAllThat
06-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Mark Cuban won't be there because his ass will be gang raped by gorillas.

:lol I stopped reading this thread after that. It just never gets old :rollin

TheSuckUp
06-04-2006, 05:50 AM
Congratulations to the Mighty Mavs! Bring it home to Texas.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-04-2006, 06:12 AM
Do I want to see Cuban win a championship or see Schmuq get a 4th before Tim does?
I don't care for either option, thank you very much!

BgT
06-04-2006, 08:06 AM
But if Mavs win, Miami is the second best team?
That's why I used "...". In NBA, there is no second, third and fourth place. You only have one winner and 29 losers. But if there would be second place I think realistically it belongs to Spurs. We were almost as good as Mavs, can't get closer than that.

Mavs_man_41
06-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Go Mavs!!!!!!!

alamo50
06-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I love Dirk and Shaq.
I hate Kobe.

GO HEAT!!!

1Parker1
06-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Go Mavs (semi-heartedly). A big FUCK YOU to the Miami Heat.

This Finals matchup is worse than watching bowling tournaments on TV for me. I would've watched had it been either the Pistons, Cavs, or Suns at least. I guess this is how the normal world felt last season when it was Spurs vs Pistons?

spurschick
06-04-2006, 10:19 AM
I'll be watching the World Cup. I'm assuming there will be some good basketball played, but I can't quite stomach it right now.

themvp
06-04-2006, 10:20 AM
I guess this is how the normal world felt last season when it was Spurs vs Pistons?

Uh, I dont think it was so bad. They showed us a great series, great basketball.

But now I just do not know who I will root for.

1Parker1
06-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Uh, I dont think it was so bad. They showed us a great series, great basketball..

:lol No, I meant that people thought that the Spurs vs Pistons was unbearably boring to watch...that's how I feel about the Mavs vs Heat.

bulletedge
06-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Reading all of the Mavs-hating posts is amusing...pathetic, but amusing.

polandprzem
06-04-2006, 11:05 AM
RUN THEM OUT AJ!

And I would like to see how Shaq and walker will handle the mavs pick&rolls.

Go Mavs Go!

etex211
06-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Reading all of the Mavs-hating posts is amusing...pathetic, but amusing.

+1

Murphy
06-04-2006, 11:20 AM
They Won't

etex211
06-04-2006, 11:21 AM
They did a couple of months ago.

FreshPrince22
06-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Dampier and Diop are plenty big enough. They will be fine.

Bob Lanier
06-04-2006, 11:23 AM
It doesn't matter.

smdanss
06-04-2006, 11:24 AM
4-2 Heat wins.

WalterBenitez
06-04-2006, 11:28 AM
$ T E R N

smdanss
06-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Dampier and Diop are plenty big enough. They will be fine.
The 12 faults will spent in 3 quarters. Shark will dominate the center.

Spurologist
06-04-2006, 11:36 AM
They did a couple of months ago.

:lol Erika Dampier is coming out of retirement from the WNBA to play in the NBA finals. WHOA

JamStone
06-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Put it another way:

When Dallas goes small and Dirk plays center, what is Shaq going to do?

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Put it another way:

When Dallas goes small and Dirk plays center, what is Shaq going to do?

Foul the Kraut's ass out.

JamStone
06-04-2006, 11:38 AM
You have to catch a player in order to foul him.

Kori Ellis
06-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Please use the thread stuck at the top of the forum.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Avery will start Keith Van Horn at center.

Seeing this lineup change, Riley will shit his pants like Pop and bench Shaq so he can go small and match up with Dallas.

BigD1
06-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Please use the thread stuck at the top of the forum.
I don't think they can. I don't think they stop D. Wade either. On the other hand, Miami has no answer for Dirk or J.Howard. I think it will come down to the productivity of the role players, in which case, I think Dallas will prevail.
Besides, if Dallas can withstand a very, very, very dominant performance by Duncan, I think they can withstand Shaq. Duncan was able to get all of Dallas' bigs(or anyone else) in early foul trouble in every game. I just don't see Shaq dominating our players any better than what Duncan did.
The only slight difference is that Shaq will be a little better guarding the rim from penetration. But believe it or not, boxing out is one of the few things Dampier can do, and I think he'll be able to create open lanes. He and Diop were pretty successful at it earlier this year. Also, though Shaq may hinder the mav's productivity in the paint, he will not be scoring 35pts a game like Duncan did. I think it will be a very good series, but I just think Dallas will be too fast and too deep for them. I hope I'm not wrong.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Just the thought of Puban holding up the trophy in two weeks should be enough for anyone with a brain to root for the Heat.

picnroll
06-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Cuban complaanig to the league office, sending tapes that will require an intermission to watch all of.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 12:24 PM

Awww, poor Mavs fans. If you don't like what you read here, scroll or leave. It's that simple.

bulletedge
06-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I LOVE what I read here...it is soooo full of the pain of losing.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 12:35 PM
More like full of Mavs fans seeking validation and whining about not getting it.

Props, your team made a NBA Finals. The Spurs have been there 3 times before. It's fun. Of course, the Spurs have won the 3 times they've made it. Maybe your team will accomplish that. Maybe not.

bulletedge
06-04-2006, 12:37 PM
You won't hear any whining from me- never have, never will.

As for validation- Mavs got that in San Antonio...in game 7.

Spurminator
06-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Ugh, this still hurts. Being in Dallas bars last night was a pretty surreal experience.

I guess I'm rooting for the Mavs...

bulletedge
06-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Dallas won't stop Shaq or DWade.

They will have to rely on shutting down everyone else and outscoring the Heat in an uptempo game if they are going to have a chance of winning. The only way they can beat Shaq is to beat him down the court.

It should be interesting.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 12:45 PM
You won't hear any whining from me- never have, never will.

As for validation- Mavs got that in San Antonio...in game 7.

Nothing like an off year to make the greatest moment in another franchise's history.

Spurologist
06-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Avery will start Keith Van Horn at center.

Seeing this lineup change, Riley will shit his pants like Pop and bench Shaq so he can go small and match up with Dallas.

so what you are saying is Shaq = Nazr/Rasho.

It will still a fuck up on pop's part for not at least trying

Trainwreck2100
06-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I hope antimatter crashes into the American Airlines center

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I hope antimatter crashes into the American Airlines center

Which one?

I think this was all a conspiracy paid for by American Airlines.

Mavs_man_41
06-04-2006, 01:46 PM
4-2 Heat wins.

you mean 4-2 mavs win, ive been right on every series so far in the playoffs except i had pistons beating miami in 7.

bonesinaz
06-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Go Heat.
Wade has been unstoppable, Shaq is still a monster.

Don't expect AJ to out smart Pat Riley and Dirk's Free throws will diminish in comparison to Wade's and Shaq's.

Spurminator
06-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I expect Dirk to get as many or more free throws than Shaq, and he'll make 90% of them.

shelshor
06-04-2006, 02:28 PM
So when the time comes in the finals, for either a pre-game or half-time presentation, and the Mavs bring out all their great players from the past, are they gonna include Roy Tarpley? :smokin

BigD1
06-04-2006, 02:39 PM

As a coach, Riley = 4 rings, AJ = 0.Pop = 3 rings AJ= 0....WTF? What's your point?

BigD1
06-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't think the NBA can afford to rob somebody in the NBA finals when the worlds watching.

Hopefully the games are better ref'd, and it's obvious when Dirk trips over his own feet and when he's being tripped.and hopefully it's obvious when Dirk gets his jersey pulled(like Parker did twice), or when players continually bump Dirk and hook elbows(Bowen), or when players push off to get rebounds(Duncan all series), or when players simply keep thier feet set and their hands up to play defense but get called out anyway(the entire mav's team against Duncan). The refs kept the Spurs from getting blown out by 30 in game 7...you're right, hopefully the games are better ref'd.

Spurologist
06-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Pop = 3 rings AJ= 0....WTF? What's your point?

Riley makes adjustments

spurster
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
I think it will be Mavs in 7. The HCA in the Finals will be a key factor.

East Coast Babe
06-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, here is a Piston's fan who is still here! Congratulations on a great win over the Suns and WC title!! I am going for the Mavs over the Heat!! Been 26 years as I understand it for your franchise. 'Bout time you won it all!!

East Coast Babe
06-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Thank you for your support :angel . I am so excited about our first title. It isnt a matter of if we will win it but when we will win it :elephant :elephant .

I expect you are excited!! In fact you should be!! Are your party plans ready? :spin :elephant :elephant

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2006, 08:10 PM
What sucks about this finals is that either Miami or Dallas will win (obviously).

I hate both teams and I don't want guys from both teams to touch a ring, but at least I will be laughing at one of them when it's all said and done.

Either Cuban + Dirk + Avery, or Walker + Payton + Zo + Shaq will all be crying.

Mavs_man_41
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Go Mavs!!!! Prove Them Haters Wrong!!!!!

FromWayDowntown
06-04-2006, 10:56 PM
I was thinking today about how excited I was in 1999 when the Spurs made the Finals for the first time and imagined that Mavs and Heat fans must be feeling very much the same way that I did (and most of us who post here) did in that amazing summer.

I don't care for Mark Cuban and will root for Miami, but in some way, it's good that new groups of fans get to experience that joyous feeling of having their team in the Finals for once. I honestly think that being there the first time forever changes the way you view the entire playoff process and the Finals as an event.

bigzak25
06-04-2006, 11:18 PM
our Spurs need to wake up to the fact that this year will be no cakewalk.

Dallas is for real.

and IF/WHEN Riley takes over as coach in Miami...holy shit...

The Spurs will be damn lucky to get past dallas and a riley coached heat team this year...

still think pop shoulda traded parker for artest and then naz/rasho for malik...

maybe get a draft pick thrown in and go pg shopping this offseason....

but oh well...

East Coast Babe
06-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Yeppers since tickets are too much here
:depressed I will watch the games downtown at various sports bars. The parade should be a blast. Very sorry your team couldnt make it.

Well, not this year! Would have been fun to play ya! Be interesting to see how they break us up next year! Fip gone? Players gone? Who knows?

angryllama
06-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Riley makes adjustments

Avery's adjustments are pretty nice. The Harris and Diop adjustments downed the Spurs.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:43 PM
I was thinking today about how excited I was in 1999 when the Spurs made the Finals for the first time and imagined that Mavs and Heat fans must be feeling very much the same way that I did (and most of us who post here) did in that amazing summer.

I don't care for Mark Cuban and will root for Miami, but in some way, it's good that new groups of fans get to experience that joyous feeling of having their team in the Finals for once. I honestly think that being there the first time forever changes the way you view the entire playoff process and the Finals as an event.

Apparently it hasn't changed their desire to troll this forum.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey im new to the site and i was just wondering....why so much hate for the mavs? I mean, i know that we are the team that put you guys out of the playoffs, but in years past i never had anything against the spurs when they beat us. Somebody please fill me in.

SPARKY
06-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Hey im new to the site and i was just wondering....why so much hate for the mavs? I mean, i know that we are the team that put you guys out of the playoffs, but in years past i never had anything against the spurs when they beat us. Somebody please fill me in.

Because you are the exception and not the rule.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Because you are the exception and not the rule.

?

SPARKY
06-05-2006, 01:05 AM
As in not trolling. Welcome.

Mavs<Spurs
06-05-2006, 01:06 AM
If Mavs weren't such punks and their fans such jerks, some of us might be more supportive of them. Howard running into and standing over Ryan Bowen (against Houston and running into Raja twice, Jason Terry taking a cheap shot low blow, Stackhouse running his mouth last year (Duncan wouldn't have made that much of a difference) and Cuban insulting San Antonio for "marketing".
Bunch of punks and criminals.

Mavs won the series and congrats. Before you leap to conclusions, remember the outcome might have been very different if we played the Grizzlies (who have never ever won a single playoff game) as our first round opponent, or we didn't have to play 3 games in 5 days (transitioning from the Kings to Mavs), or we didn't meet up with the Mavs until the WC Finals, didn't have Mavs shooting 50 free throws in a single game, have the refs hand 2 games to Dallas. Even so, you all won in overtime against us in game 7 (ie it was a close game). Remember also that you have 0 titles so far and likely it will stay like that at least until 2007. Therefore, it is ridiculous to claim that Mavs are much better than the Spurs and talk so much smack. At the very least, the two teams are very close and you finally won a series against us and go the NBA Finals. Good job, but wait until you win 3 Championships before you treat us like you're so much better than us.

This forum as a whole never believed that the Grizz would beat the Mavs nor that the Suns would beat the Mavs. Most of us knew that the series with the Mavs would be tough. A mental blunder by one of our players gave you all new life by causing the game to go into overtime.

Detroit could have said the same thing (as you Mavs fans) : that Miami could not beat them since Miami had such a bad regular season record against good teams. That logic has already been disproven.

If you can't figure out that the regular season doesn't mean much, you're really confused (exhibit a is the Pistons and we unfortunately are exhibit b).
A 7 game series involves adjustments and familiarity.

Jamstone, Dirk will get open jump shots if they play Dirk at 5. Shaq will get dunks if Dallas plays Dirk at 5. But Shaq will make a much higher percentage of dunks (say 98 %) than Dirk will make jumpshots (and the 3 pt shot won't make enough of a difference). You do the math.

Dallas has serious disadvantages in matchups.
Devin Harris = Jason Williams
Jason Terry can't guard DWade. But Howard can't guard DWade either. DWade can guard Jason Terry as can Gary Payton.
Plus, that leaves Terry guarding Antoine Walker who will post up.
Dirk can be guarded relatively well (he is so good no one can shut him down- but one can try to just make things more difficult for him) by Haslem, Posey and Walker.
Shaq cannot be guarded by Dampier or Diop. (and hack a Shaq = bad math since 0 turnovers are created by putting Shaq on the line every time down the floor - ie a chance to score every time and if he shoots even close to 50 percent then Heat score more than they would by conventional defense).

Wade and Shaq will score more at the rim than Dirk. Higher percentage shots (and more in the paint) means Miami is likely to win.

Heat in 5 or 6.

SPARKY
06-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Frankly, it's just Mavs fans who have soured this forum on the Mavs. Even Lakers fans weren't this bad after a series had been over for a few weeks.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Frankly, it's just Mavs fans who have soured this forum on the Mavs. Even Lakers fans weren't this bad after a series had been over for a few weeks.

i see, but im not here to gloat just to talk basketball. ill be the first to congradulate the spurs on a great series. If a couple of things turned out differently the spurs would be on their way to a repeat.

Mavs<Spurs
06-05-2006, 01:16 AM

What he said (the last 4 + posts)!!!

Mavs<Spurs
06-05-2006, 01:20 AM
i see, but im not here to gloat just to talk basketball. ill be the first to congradulate the spurs on a great series. If a couple of things turned out differently the spurs would be on their way to a repeat.

Well, then, congratulations on your win.

You have no idea how many Mavs fans have been complete punks and gunning us down. They did it during the regular season, before the series and after the series.

98% of the Mavs fans in here are complete punks, unwelcome trolls.

For the moment, you appear at this point to be different.

We'll see.

Anybody entering in who is a Mavs fan is going to be looked at with a great deal of hatred.

Shank
06-05-2006, 01:20 AM

I'm sorry - criminals? Who are the criminals?

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 01:26 AM

That's what I was going to ask.

I guess if you count Darrell Armstrong.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 01:29 AM
As in not trolling. Welcome.

thanks for the welcome, i can already tell i will like this place as it has 3 times the traffic of mavtalk

Mavs<Spurs
06-05-2006, 01:31 AM

I would think that several of your players would be in jail if they weren't pretty good players. The reason they aren't in jail has a lot more to do with being a good athlete than any redeeming qualities or character found in them. So, it's just pure benovelence that they aren't in jail.

The types of actions that they repeatedly engage in lead me to this conclusion. I'll just list a few examples.

Josh Howard intentionally moves over in front of Ryan Bowen to deliberately cause a collision. When Ryan runs into him (which he intentionally caused by moving over (after looking), what does he do? He goes over and stands over him and glares at him... After he initiated the contact.

Josh Howard ran into Raja Bell. Then, when Raja didn't respond, he did it again much harder to provoke a response by Raja.

Jason Terry intentionally took a cheap shot, a low blow aimed at Michael Finley. It is undeniable that this occurred. Then, he lies about it and tries to deny it when the video tape evidence had already been televised. There was no remorse whatsoever and he denied intentionally doing it when it was crystal clear and undeniable that he did intentionally punch Michael Finley (a low blow at that). Had it been a one time mistake, he would have at least admitted the truth.

Terry has been involved in other incidents prior to this.
These punks belong more in jail than in the NBA.

SPARKY
06-05-2006, 01:34 AM
I think Terry's punch was a punk move, but as far as I know he's not a criminal.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 01:36 AM
I would think that several of your players would be in jail if they weren't pretty good players. The reason they aren't in jail has a lot more to do with being a good athlete than any redeeming qualities or character found in them. So, it's just pure benovelence that they aren't in jail.

The types of actions that they repeatedly engage in lead me to this conclusion. I'll just list a few examples.

Josh Howard intentionally moves over in front of Ryan Bowen to deliberately cause a collision. When Ryan runs into him (which he intentionally caused by moving over (after looking), what does he do? He goes over and stands over him and glares at him... After he initiated the contact.

Josh Howard ran into Raja Bell. Then, when Raja didn't respond, he did it again much harder to provoke a response by Raja.

Jason Terry intentionally took a cheap shot, a low blow aimed at Michael Finley. It is undeniable that this occurred. Then, he lies about it and tries to deny it when the video tape evidence had already been televised. There was no remorse whatsoever and he denied intentionally doing it when it was crystal clear and undeniable that he did intentionally punch Michael Finley (a low blow at that). Had it been a one time mistake, he would have at least admitted the truth.

Terry has been involved in other incidents prior to this.
These punks belong more in jail than in the NBA.

yea ill admit the low blow was a stupid ass move....

Mavs<Spurs
06-05-2006, 01:41 AM
I think Terry's punch was a punk move, but as far as I know he's not a criminal.

I'm sure that you know that I was not saying that he is presently an inmate or was an inmate in the past. Surely, you know that was not my meaning.

He's got baskbetball skillz. If he didn't, I suspect he would have served time already. That's only because he was blessed with skillz; his character would have led him to jail. Don't tell me that you don't think that he gets to skate by with things that land other people in jail or paying fines. Enough dead presidents and you can get yourself a big time lawyer.

It is what it is.

ponky
06-05-2006, 01:44 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, the 3.0+ percent for the first two poll questions would probably be Spurs/Pistons fans. ESPN poll from today.

Vote: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Thank you for voting. See below for the results from across SportsNation.

Your responses in bold text below.

1) How excited are you about a Heat-Mavericks final?

54.8% Should be a good series
34.1% Should be a classic
7.7% Could go either way
3.4% Will be a snoozer

2) How has your interest changed due to the fact that neither finals team has won a championship before?

67.9% More interested
28.6% No change
3.5% Less interested

3) Who has the edge in the backcourt?

76.2% Heat - Dwyane Wade, Jason Williams
23.8% Mavericks - Jason Terry, Devin Harris

4) Who has the edge in the frontcourt?

57.3% Mavericks - Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard, DeSagana Diop
42.7% Heat - Shaquille O'Neal, Udonis Haslem, Antoine Walker

5) Who has the edge in coaching?

61.9% Heat - Pat Riley
38.1% Mavericks - Avery Johnson

6) Who should take the last shot for the Heat?

91.6% Dwyane Wade
4.3% Shaquille O'Neal
2.3% Jason Williams
1.9% Antoine Walker

7) Who should take the last shot for the Mavericks?

92.6% Dirk Nowitzki
3.8% Jason Terry
2.0% Jerry Stackhouse
1.0% Josh Howard
0.6% Devin Harris

8) Who wins?

34.8% Mavericks in 6
26.7% Heat in 6
12.6% Mavericks in 7
10.7% Heat in 7
8.1% Mavericks in 5
4.5% Heat in 5
1.6% Mavericks in 4
1.0% Heat in 4

Total Votes: 37,334

ponky
06-05-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm sure that you know that I was not saying that he is presently an inmate or was an inmate in the past. Surely, you know that was not my meaning.

He's got baskbetball skillz. If he didn't, I suspect he would have served time already. That's only because he was blessed with skillz; his character would have led him to jail. Don't tell me that you don't think that he gets to skate by with things that land other people in jail or paying fines. Enough dead presidents and you can get yourself a big time lawyer.

It is what it is.

ridiculous assumptions...it's fine to hate on the mavs but stop with the b.s. already

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 01:58 AM

It is what it is.

Because of a couple of flagrant fouls on the basketball court, you assume that Terry would be a criminal if he weren't a basketball player?

That's a huge, ridiculous assumption.

Do you even know anything about the guy off the court??

I know you are bitter the Spurs lost, but this post is crazy.

J.T.
06-05-2006, 01:59 AM
ridiculous assumptions...it's fine to hate on the mavs but stop with the b.s. already

If you don't like it, stfu and go to Mavstalk.

ponky
06-05-2006, 02:01 AM

i'm not going anywhere, there are some great spurs fans and there are some sorry ass ones who make up all kinds of shit to blame everything but the spurs for their second round defeat...i'm here for those latter types

besides, this is a thread about the nba finals, i'm going to give my boys props, doesn't matter if this is a spurs forum

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 02:03 AM

:rolleyes

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 02:04 AM
besides, this is a thread about the nba finals

Exactly.

I have no idea why Spurs fans are whining and bitching in this thread. This thread was intentionally made for people who wanted to talk about the Finals matchup.

J.T.
06-05-2006, 02:09 AM
Sorry for whining and going OT...

Go Heat? Wade for FMVP.

mavsfan4life
06-05-2006, 02:16 AM
GO Mavs! I am hoping they can win in 6.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 02:21 AM
vBookie for the series ...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43277

ponky
06-05-2006, 02:24 AM
vBookie for the series ...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43277

I have no money because I ACCIDENTALLY said the Suns would win last night when I meant to select my Mavericks. Is there ever a chance to get more money or am I stuck with $0? What do I have to do to get more money, wear a Spurs jersey for a day?

Melmart1
06-05-2006, 02:24 AM
WOOHOO! I am vbroke again. All 25 on the Heat.

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 02:26 AM
I have no money because I ACCIDENTALLY said the Suns would win last night when I meant to select my Mavericks. Is there ever a chance to get more money or am I stuck with $0? What do I have to do to get more money, wear a Spurs jersey for a day?

You have $25 now.

Everytime you hit zero, then the next time I open a new vBookie thread, you get $25 again.

I've gone from zero to over 50M and then back to zero and then back up again. Now I'm hovering at zero too.

ponky
06-05-2006, 02:27 AM
You have $25 now.

Everytime you hit zero, then the next time I open a new vBookie thread, you get $25 again.

I've gone from zero to over 50M and then back to zero and then back up again. Now I'm hovering at zero too.

cool, thanks.

Condemned 2 HelLA
06-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Plunked down my massive $25 stake on the Heat as well!
Phuck off, Phallas!!!!
:flipoff

1Parker1
06-05-2006, 08:43 AM
6) Who should take the last shot for the Heat?

91.6% Dwyane Wade
4.3% Shaquille O'Neal
2.3% Jason Williams
1.9% Antoine Walker

:lmao at the 2.3% of fans who think that Jason Williams should take the last shot for the Miami Heat.

I wonder, who on Miami is going to guard Dirk?? You think Riley will start Posey to guard him? Because Haslem will be too short for him and Shaq would get in foul trouble

strangeweather
06-05-2006, 08:55 AM
:lmao at the 2.3% of fans who think that Jason Williams should take the last shot for the Miami Heat.

I wonder, who on Miami is going to guard Dirk?? You think Riley will start Posey to guard him? Because Haslem will be too short for him and Shaq would get in foul trouble
I think Haslem, Walker, and Posey will all see time there. I don't see Posey starting game 1, but if he's the most effective, he could start later in the series.

bulletedge
06-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I don't know who will guard Dirk- probably Haslem and Posey. But I think Dirk will struggle a lot in this series- especially in games where his jumper isn't falling. He will not be able to take it to the hoop and draw fouls when Shaq is in the game. Dirk is too slow and can hardly jump- everyone knows that- so anything short of a blatant mugging by Shaq will go uncalled- i.e.- the refs and everyone else expect Shaq to block Dirk's shot near the basket thus few foul calls on Shaq when he goes after Dirk's shot.

I think the Mavs' hopes for this series hinge on 1) Howard, Terry and Harris taking it to the hoop, 2) Mavs running the ball to get the quick score before Shaq can get set, 3) somehow keeping a center (Dampier or Diop) in the game instead of on the bench in foul trouble- obviously Dallas will try to slow Shaq by fouling him but nobody really stops a determined Shaq, 4) Stackhouse bringing offense and Griffin bringing defense from the bench and 5) Mavs have to clog up the middle and force Miami to shoot from the outside as much as possible- I wouldn't be surprised to see Avery play some zone in this series. DWade will do his usual thing and get 25-35 per game- I don't think even Howard can slow him down much without winding up in foul trouble.

Overall, if the Mavs can keep the game uptempo AND shoot well from the field they have a chance. If the Heat can control the tempo the Mavs are in serious trouble.

Dallas better win the first two at home or they will be in BIG trouble going to Miami for three games in a row.

Lastly- the refs will have an impact on this series just as they have on all of the other playoff series. I expect continued inconsistent calls- some bordering on the ridiculous- affecting BOTH teams adversely at different times.

If Dallas plays well offensively it should be an interesting series...if Dallas goes cold or plays at Miami's tempo they are toast.

Just my two cents worth. Carve it up folks.

MadDog73
06-05-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't know who will guard Dirk- probably Haslem and Posey. But I think Dirk will struggle a lot in this series- especially in games where his jumper isn't falling. He will not be able to take it to the hoop and draw fouls when Shaq is in the game. Dirk is too slow and can hardly jump- everyone knows that- so anything short of a blatant mugging by Shaq will go uncalled- i.e.- the refs and everyone else expect Shaq to block Dirk's shot near the basket thus few foul calls on Shaq when he goes after Dirk's shot.

Are you kidding me? Shaq won't be able to guard Dirk, no way. Shaq will foul out so fast, it's not even funny.

In my mind, this series hinges on the play of Walker and Williams. If they get hot, watch out Mavs. But if they shoot the Heat out of too many games...

bulletedge
06-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm not saying that Shaq can cover Dirk...what I'm saying is that if Shaq is lurking under the hoop, Dirk will be very reluctant to take it to the basket and will settle for his fall-away jumper. I hope that I'm wrong- I'd love to see Dirk take it right to Shaq and get him in foul trouble. In fact- I think Dallas MUST take it to the hoop to have a chance in this series.

I'm just going on what the way I have seen Dirk play for the last 8 years. He IS taking it to the hoop more this year and being rewarded for it...I hope he has the guts to do it against Shaq, too.

Odogg
06-05-2006, 12:49 PM
It's going to look like a damn layup drill with how slow and old the Heat perimeter will be getting carved up. If Devin freakin Harris can take it to the rack against Parker and finish over Duncan, who actually has some legs left, they are plenty capable of beating Williams/Payton and finishing over Shaq. Sure, he'll block a few, but the Mavericks aren't going to stop attacking him, because they will either
1)get the whistle on Shaq/Zo,
2)finish
3)finish+foul
4)get blocked

That's a 75% chance of something good happening at the rim, which is why I'm sure Avery will stress that. Run and Attack, over and over. I give the Heat their props for making it this far, but an old Shaq and a legit Star in Wade is not enough firepower to consistently beat the Mavs. The Heat need to be in the 98-105 range to beat dallas and they won't be able to get there 4 games out of 7. Sorry all you Spurs fans, but the Mavs will be the 2006 NBA champions.

mabber
06-05-2006, 12:50 PM

I think Riley will have Jason Williams or Wade double (off of Devin Harris) Dirk anytime Dirk gets the ball in scoring position. Stackhouse is usually first off the bench (for Harris) so the Heat won't be able to double Dirk when Stack is in the game. There are going to be a ton of adjustments in this series.

CavsSuperFan
06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Why the Heat will beat the Mavericks... (http://www.nba.com/media/finals2003/riley_300_fingers.jpg)

Why Dallas is in trouble... (http://www.kurthanson.com/images/mugshots/mark_cuban_dairyqueen.jpg)

midgetonadonkey
06-05-2006, 12:53 PM
So this is the "official" NBA Finals Thread I hear people talking about.

J.T.
06-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Haslem will guard Dirk...that's a decent 1-on-1 matchup plus Haslem is a good rebounder too. That will take away some of Dallas 2nd chance points off of OREB's.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Go Mavs!!!!!

midgetonadonkey
06-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow, the "Official" NBA Finals Thread.

Drbio
06-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Why I hate the Heat.....
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Heat/jackarse.jpg

Why I love the Mavs....
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Heat/bluetour.jpg

Why the Heat will lose....
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Heat/time.jpg

What that will leave Zo, Antoine and GP leaving doing on South Beach....
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Heat/carnival.jpg

Drbio
06-05-2006, 03:53 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Heat/fatshaq.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Heat/church1.jpg

mabber
06-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Haslem will guard Dirk...that's a decent 1-on-1 matchup plus Haslem is a good rebounder too. That will take away some of Dallas 2nd chance points off of OREB's.

If Haslem is guarding Dirk out away from the basket how will he be able to help with defensive rebounding and keeping Josh, etc. off the offensive boards?

Both teams have huge matchup issues in this series. Mavs...trying to slow down Shaq and Wade (Josh will be on Wade but no one can really guard that dude). Heat...No one can guard Dirk w/o help and they can't hide Walker on defense against the Mavs. He's probably going to have to guard Howard and there's no way he can stay with Howard. Should be a good series with a lot of adjustments from game to game.

Holmes_Fans
06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Avery is gonna have a tough job on his hands, unlike the pheonix series he will be facing a coach who actually make adjustments during the game and knows what he is doing.

SA Gunslinger
06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Couldn't we just cancel the Finals?

Heat in six.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Mavs in 6..........GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurologist
06-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Mavs in 6..........GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you think Dallas will close it out in Miami. I don't think so.

Drbio
06-05-2006, 11:37 PM

I'll be there for games 3 and 4 so I hope so. :fro

DubMcDub
06-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Who's going to hold Wade?

Who's going to guard Shaq?

I don't think they have anybody to shut down dirk...but between Posey, Walker and Wade they can throw Dirk's game off enough to win the series pretty easily. Probably 4-2 maybe 4-1.

See you next year Dallas. ; )

It is pretty damn hilarious how you list a few Heat players and say in tandem that they can "throw off Dirk's game" while you refuse to acknowledge the fact that Dallas has a similar tandem of defenders (Griffin, Howard, Daniels) more capable of "throwing off" Wade than the ones you listed are of throwing off Dirk.

You Spurs fans do realize there's a difference between "I really want the Heat to win because I'm so bitter." and "The Heat WILL win.", right?

Mavtek
06-06-2006, 01:20 AM

Uh wow, not sure what to say there, you'd think a Spurs fan with all their experience in the finals would realize that the Finals are 2-3-2 format. Meaning game 6 will be at home for the Mavs............

That's why so many are saying, Mavs in 6. We take care of home court, steal one in Miami and seal the deal when we get back home.

DubMcDub
06-06-2006, 01:23 AM

I'm pretty sure he doesn't think that, considering the fact that Game 6 will be in Dallas. :lol

So how long have you been watching basketball for? Few months?

MissAllThat
06-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Why the Heat will beat the Mavericks... (http://www.nba.com/media/finals2003/riley_300_fingers.jpg)

Why Dallas is in trouble... (http://www.kurthanson.com/images/mugshots/mark_cuban_dairyqueen.jpg)

That pick of Riley with all his rings is great.

mabber
06-06-2006, 07:06 AM

Game 6 is in Dallas, sport.

j-6
06-06-2006, 07:28 AM
I want to say Mavs in five. But I think they'll have a letdown game where they beat themselves as well as another where Shaq wakes up in 2001 and gets 20/20.

So I'll follow the consensus and say Mavs in 6. It'll be a long offseason for us Metroplex Spurs fans.

DarrinS
06-06-2006, 09:59 AM
My head says, Mavs.

My heart says...hmm...geez....I hate both of these teams.....that's a tough one.

Would I rather see Shaq get a 4th ring, or Cuban get a 1st?

This sucks.

mabber
06-06-2006, 10:05 AM
My head says, Mavs.

My heart says...hmm...geez....I hate both of these teams.....that's a tough one.

Would I rather see Shaq get a 4th ring, or Cuban get a 1st?

This sucks.

What does your basketball IQ say?

mffl89
06-06-2006, 10:06 AM

As a coach, Riley = 4 rings, AJ = 0.

didn't really help when Pop has 3 and the spurs had a lot more rings compared to the mavs 1... 1=AJ

DarrinS
06-06-2006, 10:11 AM
What does your basketball IQ say?

That's why I said, "my head says, Mavs".

Watch out for Dick Bavetta. His loyalties will be tested. He's been known for years as a Shaq lover, but I think he also gives Dirk a lot of love. It will be interesting to see how much they will let Shaq get away with in the paint, and whether Dirk will get whistles when people fart in his general direction in the 4th quarters.

Amarelooms
06-06-2006, 10:15 AM

Watch out for Dick Bavetta. His loyalties will be tested. He's been known for years as a Shaq lover, but I think he also gives Dirk a lot of love. It will be interesting to see how much they will let Shaq get away with in the paint, and whether Dirk will get whistles when people fart in his general direction in the 4th quarters.

Dirk is a super-star just like Duncan and Shaq. Super-stars get the calls...we all know that.

mabber
06-06-2006, 10:57 AM

I hope the refs don't have to hear the farts to give Dirk the calls :lol Smelling one of Shaq's farts should be good enough for 2 free throws I'd think. :lol

Leetonidas
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
didn't really help when Pop has 3 and the spurs had a lot more rings compared to the mavs 1... 1=AJ

Yes, but this wasn't the Finals. Many people could also argue that Riley is a better coach than Pop.

Drbio
06-06-2006, 01:59 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Heat/survival.jpg

German_Spursfan
06-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Nobody will stop Shaq and Wade. Perhaps it's good that Dallas will check this out. Ok, I've to admit, I'd like Nowe to play a great final series, but that's all.
If Dallas playes the same style like vs SA, they will get Championship, if not, they will get a 1-4.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't know how many times I have to tell Spurs fans. This thread is NOT for trashing the Mavs and your little stupid whining. This thread is for DISCUSSION OF THE NBA FINALS ONLY.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Walker on Josh Howard is disaster waiting to happen. No way Antoine Walker could hold his own against Josh Howard. Dallas will probably have their highest scoring totals of the playoffs against Miami. Jason Williams on Jason Terry is another mismatch. I'm sure Miami will get 95-100 points a game but Dallas might get to 105-110 a game.

happytoplay1
06-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Mavs all the way!!!!!

Dirk Nowitzki is playing the best ball of his career, and hasn't even been shooting the mid to long range jumpers except gm 5 wcf. I'm not sayin he should sit outside and shoot 3's all nite but he is the 3 point champ and really lit it up in gm 5 when he let em fly.

Josh Howard has also began playing on an All Star level. His length and quickness can give anyone fits.

Terry, Stackhouse, and Harris, though inconsistent most times, can explode to the rack, and defend/rebound.

Dampier and Diop must be alive this series. I don't think Shaq has enuff left in the tank be be any more of a factor in this series than Duncan was in the SA series.

With that said I pick........Dallas in 6

DDS4
06-06-2006, 07:44 PM
I'd be shocked if the Finals were less than 6 games.

There are mismatches all over the place. And I think the refs are going to play a big part, especially the fouls called on/against Shaq.

Vashner
06-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Dallus in 7 --<<

I H8 Mavs Fans
06-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Heat in four

Cr0vax
06-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Do you guys think that coach riley will change his starting five against the mavs?

click here:
http://world2.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=31053817
Its awesome

mabber
06-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Do you guys think that coach riley will change his starting five against the mavs?

I highly doubt it. The only change he might consider is starting Posey (to guard Howard) over Walker but I think Riley has figured out that Walker is a much better player in starting lineup.

It ain't happening!

bulletedge
06-07-2006, 07:47 AM
I think Shaq is going to look like King Kong standing atop the Empire State Building swatting at airplanes- and missing. Those "airplanes" are going to be Harris, Howard and Terry.

He might feel them whoosh as they fly by.

Then the big German- The Hindenburg, played by Dirk, will come trundling down the lane for an "and 1".

Could happen.

On the other hand, an enraged Shaq could destroy the enitre Dallas team.

The matchups and the contrasting styles of these two teams should be a lot of fun to watch. I can't wait for Thursday.

AlvinRobertsonrocksjail
06-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Heat in 6. Dallas will falter and Cuban will choke on his own ego.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Then the big German- The Hindenburg, played by Dirk, will come trundling down the lane for an "and 1".

The matchups and the contrasting styles of these two teams should be a lot of fun to watch. I can't wait for Thursday.

While I question comparing Dirk to the Hindenburg (?), I agree this will be a fun series with very contrasting styles of play. And very hard to predict a winner.

CubanMustGo
06-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Dallas in five. Way too much team speed for Miami to defend. Yes, they have Wade, but who else is going to keep up with those waterbugs?

mabber
06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
I agree this will be a fun series with very contrasting styles of play. And very hard to predict a winner.

Yep, I can see this going either way but it should be a fun series to watch. Obviously, I'm pulling hard for the Mavs but it would be foolish not to be worried about Shaq & Wade.

Odogg
06-07-2006, 11:53 AM
While I question comparing Dirk to the Hindenburg (?), I agree this will be a fun series with very contrasting styles of play. And very hard to predict a winner.

What? Give me a break. The Heat will be lucky to beat the Mavericks twice, let alone 4 times out of 7! Everyone talks about Shaq, he is averaging freaking 20 pts a game and 10 rebounds, exactly what he averaged in the regular season. Wade will give us some problems but the Mavs will keep him out shooting 18 foot jumpshots or dishing to walker/williams which is easily advantage MAVS. This is how it will play out. Mavs/Heat starters will play close, 4 or 5 points either way. Once the second team for the Mavs comes in, (Harris,Stack,Daniels,Center) they will eat the Heat's second team alive and proceed to make a lead a blowout. Riley will be forced to keep either Wade or Shaq on the floor at all times, which equals more time for Shaq to draw another foul or Wade to be worn down come the 4th quarter. Miami has zero options, flexibility or versatility. NONE. If Shaq,Wade or their role players are off for even a quarter, they're cooked because they can't hang with the Mavs offense, period. And I guess no one seems to notice that Shaq is a freaking 50% free throw shooter along with Walker's 65%. In big games, those FT's are magnafied and this will also lead to their undoing. Duncan shot VERY well from the FT line, Shaq will be lucky to shoot 60%.

Mavs in 6 only because the Heat will be playing 3 at home in a row. They are bound to win games 3 (down 0-2) and game 5 (down 1-3) since desperation and home cooking refs kicks in. But if JT is clicking with his jumper and Harris with his penetration, the fuckin Heat will get swept.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Mavs in 6 only because the Heat will be playing 3 at home in a row. They are bound to win games 3 (down 0-2) and game 5 (down 1-3) since desperation and home cooking refs kicks in. But if JT is clicking with his jumper and Harris with his penetration, the fuckin Heat will get swept.

Well, to be fair, I think it all depends on who imposes who's will on the other.

If it's a slow, half court game, I think that favors the Heat. Heat are done if Mavs are allowed to run.

Frankly, the more I think about it, the less chance I think the Heat have to win. But, then I think about the desperation of Alonzo, Shaq, Walker and Williams. I'm not going to say the desperation is enough to win, but Shaq knows this is his best chance to win another title. We'll see if the Heat can defy the odds, and do it.

BigD1
06-07-2006, 03:23 PM
how many of the heat players were healthy. Alonzo was out. Shaq didn't play in one game and in the rest he could barely move. JWill has been hurt most of the season. Walker was coming off the bench and his role wasn't certain. Wade was the only one that was consistent for most of the regular season. His fg% were so off against the mavs was because he had to take the majority of the shots. Thus, that made him force shots = led to easy baskets.

Dallas will be lucky if they don't get eaten alive this time aroundIn that one particular blowout game, only Alonzo was not playing. Walker is Walker. Trust me, we had him for one miserable season. He will never be anything more than mediocre in this league. He still played more minutes than Posey (the starter) and didn't do $hit. Wade only scored 16 and he had 4 to's too. Yeah, I'm sure none of that had anything to do with J.Howard's and Adrian Griffin's defense on him. Now obviously, Miami will be a lot tougher this time a round and they are definitely a more polished team since that last game, but to say that Dallas will be lucky not to get eaten alive is far fetched and ridiculously absurd. Really, u don't think Dallas has gotten better since Feb. It's now June. You're crazy.

BigD1
06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I'd be shocked if the Finals were less than 6 games.

There are mismatches all over the place. And I think the refs are going to play a big part, especially the fouls called on/against Shaq.or fouls not called on Shaq in the paint.

BigD1
06-07-2006, 04:17 PM
If Mavs weren't such punks and their fans such jerks, some of us might be more supportive of them. Howard running into and standing over Ryan Bowen (against Houston and running into Raja twice, Jason Terry taking a cheap shot low blow, Stackhouse running his mouth last year (Duncan wouldn't have made that much of a difference) and Cuban insulting San Antonio for "marketing".

Mavs won the series and congrats. Before you leap to conclusions, remember the outcome might have been very different if we played the Grizzlies (who have never ever won a single playoff game) as our first round opponent, or we didn't have to play 3 games in 5 days (transitioning from the Kings to Mavs), or we didn't meet up with the Mavs until the WC Finals, didn't have Mavs shooting 50 free throws in a single game, have the refs hand 2 games to Dallas. Even so, you all won in overtime against us in game 7 (ie it was a close game). Remember also that you have 0 titles so far and likely it will stay like that at least until 2007. Therefore, it is ridiculous to claim that Mavs are much better than the Spurs and talk so much smack. At the very least, the two teams are very close and you finally won a series against us and go the NBA Finals. Good job, but wait until you win 3 Championships before you treat us like you're so much better than us.

This forum as a whole never believed that the Grizz would beat the Mavs nor that the Suns would beat the Mavs. Most of us knew that the series with the Mavs would be tough. A mental blunder by one of our players gave you all new life by causing the game to go into overtime.

Detroit could have said the same thing (as you Mavs fans) : that Miami could not beat them since Miami had such a bad regular season record against good teams. That logic has already been disproven.

If you can't figure out that the regular season doesn't mean much, you're really confused (exhibit a is the Pistons and we unfortunately are exhibit b).

Jamstone, Dirk will get open jump shots if they play Dirk at 5. Shaq will get dunks if Dallas plays Dirk at 5. But Shaq will make a much higher percentage of dunks (say 98 %) than Dirk will make jumpshots (and the 3 pt shot won't make enough of a difference). You do the math.

Jason Terry can't guard DWade. But Howard can't guard DWade either. DWade can guard Jason Terry as can Gary Payton.
Dirk can be guarded relatively well (he is so good no one can shut him down- but one can try to just make things more difficult for him) by Haslem, Posey and Walker.
Shaq cannot be guarded by Dampier or Diop. (and hack a Shaq = bad math since 0 turnovers are created by putting Shaq on the line every time down the floor - ie a chance to score every time and if he shoots even close to 50 percent then Heat score more than they would by conventional defense).

Wade and Shaq will score more at the rim than Dirk. Higher percentage shots (and more in the paint) means Miami is likely to win.

Heat in 5 or 6.Terry won't be guarding Walker. Dallas's defensive lineups will look more like this.
Griffin/Howard-Wade; they held Wade to 16 and 23 respectively the last 2 games this season.
Terry-Williams; not worried about Williams, he is too inconsistent and is often turnover prone.
Howard/Daniels-Walker; Walker will have a very difficult time against much more athletic and quicker defenders. Not to mention long and lanky.
Dirk-Haslem; when has Haslem ever been an off. jaugernaut
Damp/Diop/Mbenga; Dallas will have 12-18 "big body" fouls to try and contain an older Shaq. These are favorable defensive matchups for Dallas.

Now let's look at Miami's defensive mathups against Dallas.
Terry-Williams; Williams can't guard Terry any better than Terry can him. But, the difference is, Terry will be a more efficient scorer and will outscore Williams for the majority of the series. not to mention,he's more clutch.
Griff/Harris-Wade; of course Wade can guard these guys, but Dallas isn't looking for big offensive nights from them. Guarding Wade is the priority here.
Howard-Walker/Posey-When Walker is guarding Howard, he will get eaten alive. Posey will present some problems. Edge to Dallas.
Dirk-Haslem/Posey; this will be the biggest mismatch of the entire series and possibly the result of a Dallas series victory.
Damp/Diop/Mbenga-Shaq/Zo-irrelevant since Dallas doesn't ever rely on their bigs to score.
This is just the probable starting 5 matchup. What is Miami going to do when Stackhouse, Daniels, Van Horn, and Harris get hot.

mabber
06-07-2006, 04:52 PM

Heat in 5 or 6.

Wow, maybe the Mavs shouldn't even bother showing up :lol

Where do I start...

1) Terry won't be guarding Wade. Griffin will start off on him and Howard will get time on him.

2) Terry will be guarding Jason Williams and not Walker, Howard will open on Walker. Harris will be coming off the bench and will only matchup with Jason Williams or Gary Payton.

3) I don't know what you mean by Dirk can be guarded relatively well. If him scoring 28pts/game is being guarded "relatively well" then bring it on.

4) While Shaq can't really be guarded by anyone in the league, Damp & Diop can do as well as any tandem that I'm aware of for what it's worth. Plus, the Mavs won't resort to hack-a-Shaq except in certain parts of the game depending on the situation.

While you're opinion on matchups is what this thread is basically about, at least try to get them right before making your opinion :lol :lol :lol

Drbio
06-07-2006, 11:24 PM
After next week you will be able to get a kick ass download from iTunes.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/ipod.jpg

THE SIXTH MAN
06-07-2006, 11:43 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/ipod.jpg
:trolls: :wrongf Its sad that this is supposed to be the thread about the finals, and yet we still get people like this. Lets try to bring some good insight on the finals, not cocky posts.

J.T.
06-08-2006, 07:44 AM

You can actually already download that song on iTunes. Maybe if you got your ass out from under your bridge every now and then you'd know that.

Shank
06-08-2006, 09:48 AM
You can actually already download that song on iTunes. Maybe if you got your ass out from under your bridge every now and then you'd know that.

I think you took his post a little too seriously. Lighten up, peaches.

CubanMustGo
06-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Interesting that in today's Dallas Morning News, 6 of the 9 sportswriters picked Miami to win the championship (http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/). Maybe it's reverse mojo or something.

ALL of the "celebrities" picked the Mavs.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-08-2006, 11:49 AM
Who do you feel is going to come out with more energy? Dallas has homecourt, and the Heat have the vets(none of them have a ring though). On the other hand avery has been there, but so has riley.

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Interesting that in today's Dallas Morning News, 6 of the 9 sportswriters picked Miami to win the championship (http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/). Maybe it's reverse mojo or something.

ALL of the "celebrities" picked the Mavs.

Mav Fans responses are hilarious:
What is the big freakin deal about the experience of Shaq and Riley? Joe Montana has a ton of experience in Super Bowls. Does that mean he can still win one today?

The deal about Riley is even more hilarious. The loser hasn't been to the Finals in nearly 20 years!!!!!! The last time he won he had guys like Magic Johnson and Abdul-Jabbar. You give me those guys, and I could coach them to the playoffs in my sleep. Riley is the most overated coach in NBA history. Even more overated than Phil Jackson.

What has AJ won again as a Coach?

I mean, I'm not saying Dallas doesn't have a chance, or perhaps is even the favorites, but to discount Miami because Riley hasn't won anything in 20 years?!?

Bottom line, these two teams both beat Champion teams to get here, and both feel this is their chance. They are so different, from their strengths and weaknesses, that I can honestly not decide who's going to win. I don't think even after watching game 1 is going to help me decide.

I just hope we get some exciting, close games, and it's not a blowout either way.

Oh, and SIXTH MAN, the energy should be the same for both teams. SHOULD be... but if it's not, I'm guessing the Mavs because of the Fans, AJ, and just the way the Mavs came out against SA in Game 7.

Drbio
06-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Aw how sweet....sixth man got his panties in a wad.

Drbio
06-08-2006, 12:52 PM
I think you took his post a little too seriously. Lighten up, peaches.
:lmao

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Aw how sweet....sixth man got his panties in a wad.

Why? Why derail this thread further.... why?

Drbio
06-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Who do you feel is going to come out with more energy? Dallas has homecourt, and the Heat have the vets(none of them have a ring though). On the other hand avery has been there, but so has riley.
Idiot. Shaq doesn't have rings? You were trying to call out people for good insight on the finals and make a rookie mistake like this?

Drbio
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Why? Why derail this thread further.... why?
Sorry. I didn't mean to inspire a post where you were a prick. I hardly see where a photoshop about the finals in the finals thread is a derail especially since the administrator has stated that she doesn't want a ton of threads about this. You guys need to realize that little gem before you spout off because you still ache about the Mavs winning.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/drbio/Heat/rings.jpg

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Idiot. Shaq doesn't have rings? You were trying to call out people for good insight on the finals and make a rookie mistake like this?

Aw, Crap. Good call. I missed that....

Sorry. I didn't mean to inspire a post where you were a prick.
:rolleyes

AMOS7
06-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Why haven't Heat fans come to the forum to balance out with the Mav trolls?

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 02:01 PM
maybe Heat fans have more class...

or maybe they don't need to cry for Spurs fans to give them validation.

JET_31
06-08-2006, 02:20 PM
maybe Heat fans have more class...

or maybe they don't need to cry for Spurs fans to give them validation.
i cant speak for everyone, but i dont come here for validation. i come here because this is the best board to talk basketball. and the mavs fans vs spurs fans shit is getting so old. what it all boils down to is at least a texas team might bring home the trophy, at least this is what i thought last year when the spurs won it all.

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm not talking about all Mavs Fans, just the more annoying ones.

Still, it will please you that I hate Shaq, and therefore am rooting for the Mavs. Plus, I like the idea of AJ winning another ring, and I've always enjoyed watching Dirk play (although, I enjoyed it more when we beat him...)

themvp
06-08-2006, 02:30 PM
I am excited!!!

JET_31
06-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Go Mavs!!!!!!

robb2676
06-08-2006, 04:58 PM
people...people...... thats why they play the games....... good luck to both teams...

they deserve to be there... its who ever gets to 4 games first.... its who ever out plays or out coaches the other team.....

all we can do now spur fans is wait and wonder what kind of team we'll have for next year...

go mavs......
go heat.....

who cares dont watch if you dont want to...