PDA

View Full Version : 2006 NBA Finals:Dallas vs Miami Pickem

Nikos
06-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Who wins, in how many games, and why?

Right now I will take Miami in 6 if health remains the same for both teams.

Dallas is deeper and gets more help from their role players, but Shaq and Wade to me are a more dominant force than Dirk, Howard, and Terry combined. Plus I don't think Miami will panic like the Spurs and play such poor defense due to matchup problems etc...

Yeah the Spurs don't have Shaq, but I get the feeling Dirk isn't going to exactly destroy Haslem and Walker every single game. Their will be games where Miami plays solid defense, and the Mavs can't expect to have an offensive field day like they did against the Spurs for a few games.

Spurminator
06-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Dallas in 6.

I don't see Dallas resorting to any gimmicks against Shaq and Wade... I think they will concentrate on taking the role players out of their games, similar to the way Dallas eliminated Bowen's corner shot.

Offensively, I expect to see Dallas focus on getting Dirk open for his mid range jumper. Shaq doesn't like to show on screens, and he won't for a while. But if Dirk is hitting, he may have to, and that will open up the paint.

Nikos
06-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Another advantage I think Miami has is in the rebounding department. They are simply the best rebounding team in the league going by the stats.

I don't see them benching all their PF's in favor of guards to try and matchup with Dallas. Therefore Dallas will not have a huge advantage on the boards as they did vs SA. This means less offensive rebounds for Dirk especially, who had a field day at times in that regard vs the Spurs.

Without the rebounding edge Dallas will need to play great team defense to make up for it. And they will need certain role players to explode offensively from time to time.

Shaq should have a dominant effect on the interior and I don't see them defending him very well at all.

Dallas role players are superior and they do have more team balance, but I think Wade and Shaq will level that out. Miami IMO has the edge.

FreshPrince22
06-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Dallas in 6

Bob Lanier
06-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Dallas in 5.

1Parker1
06-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Dallas in 6, I'm praying. Dirk has been an absolutely beast this postseason.

pussyface
06-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Right now I will take Miami in 6 if health remains the same for both teams.

Dallas is deeper and gets more help from their role players, but Shaq and Wade to me are a more dominant force than Dirk, Howard, and Terry combined.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
if you concede that dallas has better role players, its hard to argue that dirk/jet/jho vs wade/shaq is so uneven that this will tip the series to Miami, especially given the play of Dirk.

i think the obvious pick is Dallas in 6.

snowboarder
06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
I want Miami, but i think dallas will win in 6 or 7

ChumpDumper
06-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Shaq is large. If he's healthy, he can't be stopped.

picnroll
06-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Heat in 6. Forces of evil defeated. World order restored.

thispego
06-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Dallas in 6, I'm praying. Dirk has been an absolutely beast this postseason.
you're praying??

miami in 5, dallas's annual post season choke job is LONG overdue

Cant_Be_Faded
06-04-2006, 04:25 PM
They actually did choke, twice, against us, in the fourth quarter. We just sucked too bad to capitilize.

mavsfan1000
06-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Dallas because they are too athletic for Miami to handle. They will wear down Shaq and make Miami go small with Walker at center. :lol j/k

Spurs rock
06-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Miami in 6.

adidas11
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Dallas in seven, although I hope that Miami wins. Another title for Shaq would be great. I just don't think Miami has the defensive capability to contain Dallas in any manner whatsoever.

ducks
06-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Wade Deserves A Ring Shaq Does Not
If Shaq Wins The Ring Without Kobe It Only Proves He Needed Wade
He Can Not Get It Done By Himself

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Fuck both teams, I honostly don't care at all who wins this. I'm not watching a single second of this shitty finals.

greens
06-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Miami in 6. I think all the Miami players have really stepped up. They really want to win. Plus Jason Williams was amazing in the last game with the Pistons...Wade will be a hundred percent. Shaq has been terrific. I don't think Dallas has the answer for Shaq. Walker is a great three point shooter. Plus I don't think Dirk will get his 20 shots behind the free throw line...LOL...hopefully, we'll get fair refs this time...Either way, Miami is also mentally very strong.

So yeah, I say Miami...definitely. And in a fight with good vs evil, good always wins in the very end. That's just my opinion, so Mavs fans don't waste your time insulting me. There is no point in doing that...

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2006, 05:29 PM
About that whole "Dallas won't have an answer for Shaq thing"...

does it really matter if they won't? Dallas didn't have an answer for Tim, what happened there?

ChumpDumper
06-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Shaq is larger than Tim.

pking
06-04-2006, 05:33 PM
On the rebounding thing that someone mentioned -- I'm curious to see how the battle of the boards pans out. Mavs have still yet to be outrebounded in the post season. Miami obviously was the best in the regular season, we'll se if the Mavs can continue what they've done so far.

Solid D
06-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Dallas in 5

pking
06-04-2006, 05:48 PM
you kiddin, solid?

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't dismiss the Heat so quickly. They D'd up pretty well against a solid Detroit offense. I think their rebounding will be a bit better against Dallas than the Spurs' was. AJ will employ the same basic defense against the Heat that he ran against the Spurs. I'm not sure it will work as well. Wade is a scarier cover for the Mavs because of his J. With TP you have to watch the penetration but otherwise that set shot isn't that scary. Wade can shoot over the top of you if he gets any space. As much as TD ripped the Dallas' bigs a new one, Shaq will make Dampier/Diop/Mdonga a giant fat pink hole. I don't see AJ being able to stick with the defense he ran against the Spurs. At some point the Heat supporting cast are going to get their chance.

The problem for the Spurs in the Dallas series was too many one shot trips on offense and too many 2nd chance opportunities given up on defense. Miami was the best rebounding team in the NBA this season and the 5th best in limiting opponent rebounds (Spurs were 12th and 10th and they were starting a guard at the 4 for most of the series).

The Heat seem to have found themselves as a team and Shaq is energized. They took out a Pistons team that was supposed to knock them out with relative ease, a Pistons team that had won the season series 3-1. If you have a Shaq not only looking to score but to board, D up, block shots and do whatever it takes to win then the Heat's prospects in the series look rather good. Get ready for Dwayne Wade's mainstream coming out party.

Heat in 6.

CHAMPS AGAIN
06-04-2006, 06:17 PM
HEAT in 5, can not stand AJ crying about the refs.after every lost and cuban sending video to NBA office about the refs.

resistanze
06-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Wade Deserves A Ring Shaq Does Not
If Shaq Wins The Ring Without Kobe It Only Proves He Needed Wade
He Can Not Get It Done By Himself

How do you figure? Wouldn't it prove that Shaq WAS the reason they Lakers won the rings considering the team he joined turned into instant contenders and Kobe's team turned into crap?

I mean, he was the finals mvp throughout the 3-peat averaging like 36/15....

East Coast Babe
06-04-2006, 07:16 PM
So yeah, I say Miami...definitely. And in a fight with good vs evil, good always wins in the very end. That's just my opinion, so Mavs fans don't waste your time insulting me. There is no point in doing that...

Are you saying the Heat are the good team and the Mavs are the evil team? So, because the Heat are the good team and the Mavs are the evil team and good wins over bad, that the Heat will win because they are good?
Who is insulting who? That's an insult to everyone's intelligence!!

Bob Lanier
06-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Gorillas in one.
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2968/king1ly.jpg

mavsfan1000
06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
We can agree that Duncan>Shaq and etc. I don't see why Diop/Dampier would have more problems with Shaq. Duncan has much better mobility and is 4 years younger than Shaq. Shaq is a wannabe superstar at this point in his career. Occassionally he has flashbacks of the dominant Shaq but not often enough.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:53 PM
We can agree that Duncan>Shaq and etc. I don't see why Diop/Dampier would have more problems with Shaq. Duncan has much better mobility and is 4 years younger than Shaq. Shaq is a wannabe superstar at this point in his career. Occassionally he has flashbacks of the dominant Shaq but not often enough.
Shaq is bigger.

Shaq gets calls no matter what.

Shaq shows up for the playoffs.

You make stupid sentences.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Playoff Shaq is much different than regular season Shaq, trust me.

And regular season Shaq owned Diop and Dampier.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
'Superstar wannabe' Shaq and friends eviscerated one of the league's top defenses and shut down a rather solid offense at the same time. Overlook at your peril.

mavsfan1000
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Shaq always hated Dampier so don't you think he was extra motivated to prove to Dampier that he is a spare during the regular season. Shaq is still good but Dallas should be more worried about Wade. He is the real superstar on Miami now. Dampier or Diop will hold their own.

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Dampier or Diop will hold their own.
:rolleyes

mavsfan1000

I don't remember Shaq's numbers but how does 112-76 sound? I was actually more worried about Phoenix since they play at an uncomfortable pace.

SPARKY
Shaq always hated Dampier so don't you think he was extra motivated to prove to Dampier that he is a spare during the regular season. Shaq is still good but Dallas should be more worried about Wade. He is the real superstar on Miami now. Dampier or Diop will hold their own.

Just like Ben Wallace did, right?

ChumpDumper
06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Shaq always hated Dampier so don't you think he was extra motivated to prove to Dampier that he is a spare during the regular season.Why would he change his mind for the playoffs?

Item: Rasho pretty much shut down Shaq during the regular season a couple years ago - as much as anyone has since DRob and Sabonis left the league.

Take a look at his playoff numbers against the Spurs that year.

Then hope he gets injured - that's all that really helps.

mavsfan1000
06-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Just like Ben Wallace did, right?
Ben Wallace is a PF playing the center position. He is not big enough to handle Shaq. Plus he has lost a lot of his speed and athleticism. His numbers this year are down.

mavsfan1000
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Rasho=Dampier on defense. Really I don't see anyone in the league that matches up better against Shaq than Dampier.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Rasho=Dampier on defense.Didn't really show this season against Shaq.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Ben Wallace is a PF playing the center position. He is not big enough to handle Shaq. Plus he has lost a lot of his speed and athleticism. His numbers this year are down.

Yeah, Ben Wallace isn't "big enough". Yeah. Any other gems?

bendmz
06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Dallas in 6..... they will OWN the paint !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smeagol
06-04-2006, 09:50 PM
I want Miami to win. I don't care how.

ambchang
06-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Dallas in 6/7. Their defense > Miami defense, Mavs are extremely strong in the perimeter, which is Miami's defense's biggest weakness.
Miami is much better at low post scoring, but Mavs have a reliable low post scorer now in Dirk Nowitzki.
Miami cannot double Dirk, but Mavs can double Wade.
Diop and Dampier each has 6 fouls to use on Shaq.

Findog
06-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Another advantage I think Miami has is in the rebounding department. They are simply the best rebounding team in the league going by the stats.

Dallas has won the rebounding battle in EVERY SINGLE GAME of the playoffs. Dirk is going to get his. Shaq and Dwyane are going to get theirs. The role players are going to decide this. I'd rather have Howard, Terry, Harris, Griffin, Stackhouse, Diop, Daniels and Van Horn over Fatoine, an over the hill Payton, White Chocolate, Posey and Haslem.

I keep hearing the refrain "Who is going to guard Shaq?" Diop and Dampier. He'll get his 22 and 11. I keep hearing the refrain "Who is going to guard Wade?" Griffin and Howard, that's who. He'll get his 25. So let me ask you, who is going to guard Dirk? Haslem? Posey? Mourning? The Mavs are going to do to Miami what they did to San Antonio...they're going to run, run, run and take home the title.
Mavs in 6.

strangeweather
06-04-2006, 11:01 PM

You might be completely right. Shaq can be a monster, and it's possible he'll own the entire series.

But my gut feel is that Dampier and Diop are going to get posterized like they were Cindy Crawford, and Shaq will have a monster series, but in the end, they will have made just enough stops to keep Shaq from singlehandedly winning the series.

I think the Mavs play better as a team, on both offense and defense. Mavs in 6.

Findog
06-04-2006, 11:02 PM

Oh really? Dallas 112, Miami 76. Shaq had 23 points on 9-12 shooting to go along with 8 rebounds. We can live with that. What we can't live with is 30 points and 20 rebounds, and even "Playoff Shaq" can do that anymore. Duncan had a series for the ages, Dwyane Wade can't kill us anymore than Ginobili did over the final 5 games of that series, and Regular Season Dallas owned Regular Season Miami. But why are we talking about the regular season, as you mentioned? It'll be a closer, more evenly matched fight between the two, but Dallas will use its versatility and superior depth and athleticism to dispatch the Heat.

Taking it to the Hole
06-04-2006, 11:09 PM
This series is going to come down to the role players really. Dallas has more role players, but Miami's are unpredictable. They could be really great or really bad. I think if Posey, Haslem, Walker, and Williams step up their games, they can win this series but doing so is going to require winning on the Mavs court. I think if Miami takes Game 1, they force the Mavs to not lose game 2. I think Games 1 and 3 will be pivotal games in the series, games that the Heat must win to have a chance in this series.

Shank
06-04-2006, 11:28 PM
I like how "Playoff Miami" is so much greater than "Regular Season Miami".

How similar is "Playoff Dallas" to "Regular Season Dallas"? Not very.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Dallas has won the rebounding battle in EVERY SINGLE GAME of the playoffs. Dirk is going to get his. Shaq and Dwyane are going to get theirs. The role players are going to decide this. I'd rather have Howard, Terry, Harris, Griffin, Stackhouse, Diop, Daniels and Van Horn over Fatoine, an over the hill Payton, White Chocolate, Posey and Haslem.

They won the rebounding battle against a Spurs team that was starting a guard at the 4. Grizzlies? Suns? Come on.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Oh really? Dallas 112, Miami 76. Shaq had 23 points on 9-12 shooting to go along with 8 rebounds. We can live with that. What we can't live with is 30 points and 20 rebounds, and even "Playoff Shaq" can do that anymore. Duncan had a series for the ages, Dwyane Wade can't kill us anymore than Ginobili did over the final 5 games of that series, and Regular Season Dallas owned Regular Season Miami. But why are we talking about the regular season, as you mentioned? It'll be a closer, more evenly matched fight between the two, but Dallas will use its versatility and superior depth and athleticism to dispatch the Heat.

The Pistons won their season series with the Heat 3-1. Regular season doesn't mean jack.

Spurminator
06-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Shaq is going to dominate, but I don't know if he and Wade will be enough against Dallas, especially when you assume that two or three games will likely turn into FT shooting contests with Shaq in foul trouble.

I'm assuming that anyway...

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Shaq is going to dominate, but I don't know if he and Wade will be enough against Dallas, especially when you assume that two or three games will likely turn into FT shooting contests with Shaq in foul trouble.

I'm assuming that anyway...

It'll be interesting to see what happens when the refs give Wade an untouchable game or two like Nowitzki got in the semifinals.

jamezyjamez
06-04-2006, 11:46 PM
It'll be interesting to see what happens when the refs give Wade an untouchable game or two like Nowitzki got in the semifinals.

Hopefully the same thing that happened when Duncan got his untouchable games. Win a game or two and then lose the series...

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:48 PM
TD didn't get to the line 23 times or whatever in a game.

resistanze
06-04-2006, 11:48 PM
lol that was cold blooded.

jamezyjamez
06-04-2006, 11:49 PM

Not sure of the numbers but good chance TD's FT makes stay the same with another 8-10 attempts.

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 11:54 PM
We'll see how many trips Wade takes to the line until Mavs fans start complaining. Only Nowitzki is worthy of that treatment, I suppose.

Pablo Escobar
06-05-2006, 12:18 AM
fuck the mavs there is only one team in texas
heat in 4

JET_31
06-05-2006, 12:24 AM
As a mavs fan, i have to go with my team. Not just to be a homer but for several reasons. Miami has no one to guard dirk, but in turn the mavs have no one to guard wade. Diop/Dampier should be able to slow an old shaq enough to give us hope unlike the past where shaq would dominate the mavs. With that being said, the deciding factor will be the mavs role players > miami's role players. If JET and Howard play well this series could easily be over in 6 games.

Bob Lanier
06-05-2006, 12:32 AM
The Pistons won their season series with the Heat 3-1. Regular season doesn't mean jack.
AJ > Flip.

AJ will probably at least hold his own against that fraud Riley. And, I hate to say it, but the Mavs fans are mostly right about Shaq. Dampier, Diop, and Mbenga can hold him to workable numbers.

But Howard on Wade? Forget it, especially with two bum ankles.

The Mavs can win, and fairly easily, if they can ramp up the speed of the game and force Miami to adjust to Dirk.

Texas_Ranger
06-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Dallas will win, because they have the better team

zwbgr
06-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Mavs in 7. I believe Avery will adjust roster again and find proper players to stop Haslem, Walker and Williams. They'll have problems with Shaq and Wade, but also Miami will have unstopable Dirk on opposite side. Defenses are equal, but speed is on Mavs side, Walker or Haslem are too slow to stop Howard, Harris and Terry are to fast for Williams.

MadDog73
06-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Wade and Dirk will cancel each other out.

Shaq and Howard will get theirs.

I really think Antoine Walker and Jason Williams have to play really good to beat the Mavs... and I think they can. Heat in 6, but it's going to be a tough, tough battle.

Odogg
06-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Wade and Dirk will cancel each other out.

Shaq and Howard will get theirs.

I really think Antoine Walker and Jason Williams have to play really good to beat the Mavs... and I think they can. Heat in 6, but it's going to be a tough, tough battle.

LoL! Are you smoking? Williams/Payton are going to get smoked by Harris and Terry on pick and rolls! I'm talking Nick Van Exel levels of smoking. Antoine Walker hasn't guarded anybody since the '92 Championship game.
Haslem/Posey on Dirk? Yeah right, next. The Heat are going to get ran out of the building and Dallas will shoot better than the Pistons whopping 30% from the field. In their last game, I saw the Pistons miss jumper after jumper after jumper. All on their pet shots too, Sheed on his baseline turnaround, Rip off of double screen/jumper, Billups missing layups after blowing by Williams. The Mavs will be beating Shaq/Mourning down the floor and taking Posey/Haslem/Payon and the boys one on one to the rim or kicking out for wide open jump shots. Mentally, the Pistons were not there, and it showed. When Flip Saunders talks about his team in the 3rd person, you know you have MAJOR issues.The Mavs are such a focused team right now, its scary. And the most overlooked thing so far, is FT% shooting. Walker/Oneal are major liabilities and that will contribute greatly to their undoing. This series will be as tough as the mavericks make it on themselves. If they continue to listen to AJ and play as a team, its already over. I see it being 3-1 going back to Dallas for game 6, Mavs win in a blowout. This years title winner was decided a few weeks ago back in San Antonio game 7. The rest is just formality.

Nikos
06-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Looks like it is pretty close if you discount all the Dallas fans. Maybe even Miami has the edge if thats the case, but I am not sure which users exactly are Mavs fans.

Hey Kori, Timvp, MI21, Chump, Whottt, Jim, Rascal, Smeagol, etc.. come on and vote!

rascal
06-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Agree with Nikos. Miami in 6. Could even go only 5 but I'll pick 6.

Nikos
06-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Just wanted to BUMP this again. A good chunk of regular posters haven't voted yet. Come on Timvp my nikka. I want to see your analysis.

Amarelooms
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Agree with Nikos. Miami in 6. Could even go only 5 but I'll pick 6.

Put your hate aside and then predict. So sad Spurs fans....

MadDog73
06-06-2006, 03:42 PM
LoL! Are you smoking? Williams/Payton are going to get smoked by Harris and Terry on pick and rolls! I'm talking Nick Van Exel levels of smoking. Antoine Walker hasn't guarded anybody since the '92 Championship game.
Haslem/Posey on Dirk? Yeah right, next. The Heat are going to get ran out of the building and Dallas will shoot better than the Pistons whopping 30% from the field.

No doubt, Mavs will play better than the Pistons, but that doesn't mean the Heat lose.

I know, it's quite a gamble to pick Walker or Williams to win anything! :lol

But, if the Heat want to win, they have to. If Walker and Williams play like shit, this series will be over fast.

DJ Lean
06-06-2006, 04:27 PM
For those of you who said Miami in 6, I will concur.

miss paxton
06-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I'll go with Miami in 6. As much as Dirk has really stepped it up this postseason, I just don't think anybody on Dallas is as talented as Wade for the second option (I'm sure I'm boldly leaping into the majority here). I also think Shaq's Finals experience will be key, and he seems to be playing energized. Miami couldn't beat any of the top teams in the regular season, and yet they've only lost what, five games in the postseason? Including dispatching Detroit with much more ease than I thought possible.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Axl Van Dam
06-08-2006, 05:06 AM
:fro Dallas in 6. Dirk will be named Finals MVP.

Nikos
06-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Come on timvp, whott and chump! Vote!

ObiwanGinobili
06-08-2006, 11:17 AM
i want miami, I vote miami.

but dep down i think it's dallas.

ratm1221
06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Dallas in 7

Solid D
06-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Bump

Still lookin' good with "Dallas in 5" :smokin

You can't change your pick now....but are you second guessing yourself now, with the Mavs leading 2-Love?

abelle23
06-12-2006, 03:28 PM
id like for miami to win but i thinkits dallas in 6 or 7

DubMcDub
06-12-2006, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't dismiss the Heat so quickly. They D'd up pretty well against a solid Detroit offense. I think their rebounding will be a bit better against Dallas than the Spurs' was. AJ will employ the same basic defense against the Heat that he ran against the Spurs. I'm not sure it will work as well. Wade is a scarier cover for the Mavs because of his J. With TP you have to watch the penetration but otherwise that set shot isn't that scary. Wade can shoot over the top of you if he gets any space. As much as TD ripped the Dallas' bigs a new one, Shaq will make Dampier/Diop/Mdonga a giant fat pink hole. I don't see AJ being able to stick with the defense he ran against the Spurs. At some point the Heat supporting cast are going to get their chance.

The problem for the Spurs in the Dallas series was too many one shot trips on offense and too many 2nd chance opportunities given up on defense. Miami was the best rebounding team in the NBA this season and the 5th best in limiting opponent rebounds (Spurs were 12th and 10th and they were starting a guard at the 4 for most of the series).

The Heat seem to have found themselves as a team and Shaq is energized. They took out a Pistons team that was supposed to knock them out with relative ease, a Pistons team that had won the season series 3-1. If you have a Shaq not only looking to score but to board, D up, block shots and do whatever it takes to win then the Heat's prospects in the series look rather good. Get ready for Dwayne Wade's mainstream coming out party.

Heat in 6.

:lol :lol :lol

Except for that he did. In game 7. Glad to see your knowledge of facts is about as good as your ability to make predictions.

td4mvp21
06-12-2006, 04:14 PM
If the Heat will win it will have to be in seven, unless Riley really comes up with something to beat the Mavs.

Game 3 will be the toughest game of the playoffs for the Mavericks. If they win that one, it will be a sweep.

ALVAREZ6
06-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Shaq is large. If he's healthy, he can't be stopped.
5 points.

adrienne
06-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Dallas in 6.

Miami wins games 3 and 5.

dieman8686
06-13-2006, 02:04 AM
I bet some people feel stupid just about now by overating the Heat, the experience factor, and that Shaq can't be stopped. Sparky is one of those that stick out :lol . At least I didn't see him end his posts with "bitch".

DubMcDub
06-13-2006, 06:07 PM
I bet some people feel stupid just about now by overating the Heat, the experience factor, and that Shaq can't be stopped. Sparky is one of those that stick out :lol . At least I didn't see him end his posts with "bitch".

Sparky stopped posting in this thread as soon as he realized A) how bad his prediction sucked and B) the fact that he made a horrendously false statement regarding Duncan's FT attempts and had no idea what he was talking about.

SPARKY
06-13-2006, 07:58 PM
C) He has a life, unlike RubADub and friend.

Nikos
06-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Turns out Haslem did end up doing a solid job. I expected Dirk to do better offensively, but I am not suprised at all that Haslem did a good job in many of the games.

Rebounding I am not shocked at all about either. Dirk didn't get a bunch of offensive putbacks like against SA and that limited his offensive effectiveness.

I am surprised that the Heat won with Shaq being only decent on offense. Shaq was still an excellent presense in terms of rebounding and sucking in the defense. But not nearly as big as he was against Detroit and in previous playoff series.

Wade I expected to play real well, but he did even better than I thought. He carried them on offense big time. He was Jordanesque from a scoring standpoint. As clutch as they come.

I figured Dallas role players weren't going to have a field day against the Miami defense and they didn't to the extent they did vs SA. For example, where was Devin Harris this series? For all the quickness he had he surely didn't take advantage of it. Josh Howard didn't really do anything in the fourth quarters of most of the games, even when he was hot. Jason Terry in the end couldn't make up for his cold shooting, by getting to the line.....But Terry was easily their best player after Dirk....

Miami's rebounding and defense were the difference. Wade was obviously the main reason they won, but without the solid D and rebounding they could have lost this series.

SPARKY
06-20-2006, 11:55 PM

Heat in 6.

Oh well, what does SPARKY know?

Rebounds
Heat 263 total 43.8 per game
Mavs 251 total 41.8 per game

Opponent's FG%
Heat 45.8%
Mavs 42.2%