PDA

View Full Version : Next Year

himat
06-04-2006, 04:44 PM
How good will next season be for the Spurs and Pistons? Both teams where supposed to go to the Finals and have another showdown, but both teams underachieved in the postseason especially the Pistons. The Spurs should be good next year, but the Pistons future looks very cloudy to me right now :depressed .

thispego
06-04-2006, 04:44 PM
very cloudy indeed

himat
06-04-2006, 05:05 PM
very cloudy indeed
:grim: :hang

WalterBenitez
06-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Spurs will do a good season, really worried (well I am a Spurs' fan) about DET, probably the same way Lakers had two seasons ago.

exstatic
06-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Detroit's wheels seem to be coming off under Flip. 'Sheed seems to be reverting to type, and Flip isn't a coach to confront his players, so that will only get worse. Ben hires a "money agent". Arn Tellem is the Drew Rosenhaus if the NBA. Nothing wrong with Ben seeking to maximize his last big contract, but I think it will come at Detroit's expense.

JamStone
06-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Much depends on what happens in the off-season.

Detroit might not be as good as the last two years, but I think they'll be ok.

Spurs should be pretty good still, but I think Dallas and Phoenix have caught up.

In the weak East with a year-older Shaq, I think Detroit still has at least as good a shot at getting back to the Finals as the Spurs do, since San Antonio has a couple tougher teams to get through. Detroit does have to worry about Cleveland.

Nothing is guaranteed. That's why they play the games.

Mr. Body
06-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Detroit might have some chemistry issues. Their bench needs some help.

San Antonio should be on the warpath. Whether they can get some youth and talent on the bench is an issue. BUt they should win 60+ and threaten to win it again.

himat
06-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Much depends on what happens in the off-season.

Detroit might not be as good as the last two years, but I think they'll be ok.

Spurs should be pretty good still, but I think Dallas and Phoenix have caught up.

In the weak East with a year-older Shaq, I think Detroit still has at least as good a shot at getting back to the Finals as the Spurs do, since San Antonio has a couple tougher teams to get through. Detroit does have to worry about Cleveland.

Nothing is guaranteed. That's why they play the games.

Joe will have to make a move at a guy who can get the Pistons some points in the paint whether it''s quick point gaurd or a low post bigman. Come on Joe D. I say stick with the core, but this time develop a damn bench Flip.

himat
06-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Next year Miami or Dallas will be defending champs. :shootme :vomit: :td

NCaliSpurs
06-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Mavs were lucky to get past the Spurs. I would take a redo with the same two teams any day of the week.

JamStone
06-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Mavs were lucky to get past the Spurs. I would take a redo with the same two teams any day of the week.

Most Pistons fans feel the same way about the 2005 NBA Finals.

What does either belief mean?

Jack squat.

picnroll
06-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Spurs need a tweak or two to beat this years version of the Mavs. Suns could be another story if Amare comes back strong, especially if they use any excess talent to go after a center. Remember they still have a couple of Atlanta draft picks in their pocket. Houston if they stay healthy and upgrade a but is in the mix too.

Detroit has to deal with Cleveland and an up and coming Orlando and Miami has a run or two left with Shaq probably.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-04-2006, 07:10 PM
My sentiments exactly. :smokin

clubalien
06-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Because they pistons are losing ben wallace to the spurs I think it is likely the pistons won't return to the finals

leemajors
06-04-2006, 07:25 PM

meh. with any luck the spurs will be fielding a more versatile team next year - same core, better accesories. mavs will pretty much stay the same, we need to get refuel.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:29 PM
We will be if we keep Jason Terry. This Mavs team will only be getting better as the 29 teams in this league try to figure out how to beat us!! :elephant :elephant :elephant
Gay poster #2113

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Jack squat.
Lucky? No sir. You had it, blew it, gave it away. Luck was getting the refs to go your way in the ECF vrs the Heat last year.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Comeback to what? Try not to be smart.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Mavericks talking big is just like them, their fans, players and owner. Biggots. So used to losing that they don't know how to handle winning. And when I said winning, I mean help winning. Memphis was easy, a tech called back decided the 2nd round, and beating a helpless Suns team with 3 key injuries must make Dallas feel like they really earned something for once.

You didn't.

exstatic
06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
:rolleyes how is the fishing this time of the year? As a mavs fan I dont know how that feels since my team sent you on that trip :king .
Actually, you have LOTS more experience than we do with fishing this time of year.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Nice comeback...

Melmart1
06-04-2006, 07:42 PM
:rolleyes how is the fishing this time of the year? As a mavs fan I dont know how that feels since my team sent you on that trip :king .

So, did you just hop on the bandwagon this year? Cus you should know how it feels to be knocked out by the Spurs if you were a fan all along. 2003 comes to mind. But if you are like a lot of Mavfans, you didn't realize there was a basketball team in Dallas just then.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Using a tech call is very lame if you want me to elaborate :spin. As bad as Stern and the Refs shit is being spewed, that excuse is by far crap :king . The truth hurts kiddo
Denial that's easy when you're not used to winning.

Shank
06-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Mavericks talking big is just like them, their fans, players and owner. Biggots. So used to losing that they don't know how to handle winning. And when I said winning, I mean help winning. Memphis was easy, a tech called back decided the 2nd round, and beating a helpless Suns team with 3 key injuries must make Dallas feel like they really earned something for once.

You didn't.

Man, you are one ignorant, bitter sonofabitch. You can rant on and on about how YOU don't think the Mavs deserve to be where they are but you should know that you are in a very scant minority. Cram your conspiracy theories and bullshit excuses directly up your ass.

And as far as "talking big"? Does this sound like anyone running their mouth or sounding overconfident?
--------------------------------

"This is a huge steppingstone to our final goal," the Mavs' Jerry Stackhouse said. "But when we started in training camp, our goal was to win the championship and that requires us getting four more wins.

"We know we have a tough task ahead of us."

and...

"We signed up to win the championship," Johnson said. "We're delighted to be there, but again, we're not satisfied."

and...

"He [Nash] said best of luck, bring it home," Cuban said. "There's a part of me that wishes Steve was here, wishes Fin [who plays for San Antonio] was still here.

"All these guys that taught me a lot along the way and impacted what this franchise has become. They deserve a lot of credit, too."

and...

"Obviously they're great friends and it hurt losing them," Nowitzki said of Nash and Michael Finley, who joined San Antonio last summer after Dallas waived him via the one-time amnesty clause.

"I wish, obviously, that both would still be here to enjoy this moment with me, but we made different decisions as an organization and we moved on."
-------------------

Now, get your shit straight before any more Mavs fans come here and put your dumb ass back in its place.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:49 PM
What does that prove? Seriously half ass ignorant quotes? Okay then I agree!

"He [Nash] said best of luck, bring it home," Cuban said. "There's a part of me that wishes Steve was here, wishes Fin [who plays for San Antonio] was still here.

Biggest lie of bullshit I have ever seen.

Shank
06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
What does that prove? Seriously half ass ignorant quotes? Okay then I agree!

Biggest lie of bullshit I have ever seen.

Nice try. What else do you have?

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Bring something to the table - I'll serve it to you for free kid.

Shank
06-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Everyone will agree that I did. You're the one with the pathetic retort. Calling me "kid"? Cool. Then a "kid" showed your ignorant ass up and there's very little you can do to combat it. Again, I'll ask - what else do you have?

exstatic
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
:lol I sure as hell did but had to deal with lots of fans giving me hell. Losing sucks and especially to your rival. but those times make right now worth it. Mavs are building a DYNASTY here :fro
Funny, you aren't acting like a fan of a team that thinks they have a dynasty on their hands. You're acting MUCH more like a fan who desperately wants their team to win one.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Did you make a point before? If so put it in english and type it out for me. Otherwise, stop running up a post count kiddo.

And show me everyone.

himat
06-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey Mavs fans if you haven't noticed this is a Spurs Board.

Shank
06-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Did you make a point before? If so put it in english and type it out for me. Otherwise, stop running up a post count kiddo.

And show me everyone.

http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/Literacy/images/RIFLogo2.jpg

Brutalis
shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shank

...says the Pistons fan.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/Literacy/images/RIFLogo2.jpg
http://www.dsherwood-guitartuition.co.uk/retard.jpg

I'll post your senior picture next.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
...says the Pistons fan.
They're welcome here, if you didn't notice.

himat
06-04-2006, 08:04 PM
...says the Pistons fan.

But I'm not mouthing off. Spur fans won't treat the Mavs like they're gods. They'll believe there team is better than anyone no matter what. Just like i still think the Pistons are the best team.

Shank
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
I'll leave to watch Sopranos now. I hope everyone can read through this thread and see the bulletholes shot through your bullshit ideas.

Mavs are playing in the Finals this season. The Spurs aren't.

Argue that while I'm gone.

Brutalis
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Just promise you'll be around when you get your ass handed to you in the Finals.

spurschick
06-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Mavs are playing in the Finals this season. The Spurs aren't.

Then what are you still doing here? You clearly think you're better than all of us, so why don't you just leave us poor losers (with three championship banners) and go infest a Heat board.

gogojojo
06-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Brutalis
2nd Place = 1st Loser

That's funny. I guess this is a Piston, Spurs board.

I hear there running a blue light special at the bait shop.

spurschick
06-04-2006, 08:12 PM
I hear there running a blue light special at the bait shop.

You should know... your team has been a loyal customer there for years.

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2006, 08:18 PM
You should know... your team has been a loyal customer there for years.
:lol

spurschick = owning the Mav chodes

ashbeeigh
06-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Is it October yet?

SPARKY
06-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Then what are you still doing here? You clearly think you're better than all of us, so why don't you just leave us poor losers (with three championship banners) and go infest a Heat board.

I guess it beats a night with his girlfriend Palmita.

MWILL
06-04-2006, 10:36 PM

You didn't.

Spurs lost to Dallas because Ginobli fouled Dirk in the closing seconds of the game. Then in overtime Little Timmy was depending on foul calls to save his old ass. And most important, San Antonio was outplayed by Dallas.

Dont forget Timmy was BITCH SLAPPED!! by Diop (1 FOR 7 in overtime) :lol

NCaliSpurs
06-04-2006, 11:18 PM

Jack squat.

There is a huge difference between the series between the Pistons and Spurs and the Spurs Mavs series.

1) Officiating didn't play a role in determining the series. First two games in SA the game was called tight. Two games in detroit it was laizes faire. Games 5 - 7 were fairly balanced, though the Pistons were definitely allowed to be very physical.

No one won any games at the free-throw line due to touch fouls.

2) In the Pistons-Spurs series, the games weren't that close going down the wire, except for game 5. In the Spurs mavs series, almost every game was decided by 1 or 2 or went to overtime.

3) The Mavs have never won anything. The Spurs had already won a championship with basically the same core, so when they beat the Pistons it wasn't really a shocker.

You are right in that the end result is the same - both of our respective teams went packing. But in no way should the Pistons fans should have felt like they let something slip away. I can't say the same for Spurs fans.

spurschick
06-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Spurs lost to Dallas because Ginobli fouled Dirk in the closing seconds of the game.

They didn't lose on one play. They lost because they played like shit in the first half and spent the rest of the game trying to catch up.

1Parker1
06-05-2006, 08:52 AM
There is a huge difference between the series between the Pistons and Spurs and the Spurs Mavs series.

1) Officiating didn't play a role in determining the series. First two games in SA the game was called tight. Two games in detroit it was laizes faire. Games 5 - 7 were fairly balanced, though the Pistons were definitely allowed to be very physical.

No one won any games at the free-throw line due to touch fouls.

2) In the Pistons-Spurs series, the games weren't that close going down the wire, except for game 5. In the Spurs mavs series, almost every game was decided by 1 or 2 or went to overtime.

3) The Mavs have never won anything. The Spurs had already won a championship with basically the same core, so when they beat the Pistons it wasn't really a shocker.

You are right in that the end result is the same - both of our respective teams went packing. But in no way should the Pistons fans should have felt like they let something slip away. I can't say the same for Spurs fans.

I think the Pistons also let the something slip away. Just because the final scores weren't close doesn't tell the entire story. Pistons, known for their mental strength and swagger, unraveled during a crucial time. Pistons are a team that won 64 regular season games, was on pace to win 70 at one point, had 4 All Stars, and mentally brokedown during the most important time of the season.......the definitely let this one slip away. If they had played better/smarter and they way they are capable of this entire playoffs, they could have taken on Miami.

Mavschick
06-05-2006, 09:00 AM
I wonder why no one has mentioned the Suns as a possibility to come out of the West next year. They'll have Stoudemire and Kurt Thomas back and with those guys PHO could kick everyones' asses, and I'm humble and objective enough to admit that could include that of my Mavs'. Part of the reason they lost to the Mavs was injury problems and lack of depth, but next year their depth could be awesome.

C K. Thomas - B. Grant (if he picks up his option) - B. Diaw
PF A. Stoudemire - S. Marion
SF S. Marion - B. Diaw - J. James
PG S. Nash - L. Barbosa
SG R. Bell - E. House

150 ppg? lol....they'll have way better rebounding for sure and they have lots of athleticism and sky-high-upside youth in Stoudemire, Barbosa, and Diaw.

1Parker1
06-05-2006, 09:02 AM
BTW, Nothing will be easy for the Spurs next season either. Though I have no doubt they'll still be competitive and still a championship contender, the competition will be double what it was this season. Suns, with Amare back, scare me the most. The Mavs could very well be the defending champs (it feels weird just typing that! :oops) or at the very least, the reigning conference champs, Lakers if they make some trades this offseason will always be scary as long as Phil and Kobe are there.

For the Pistons, they'll still have to worry about the Miami Heat (defending champs? :oops), Cavs should be their biggest obstacle, the Nets are still scary with their Big 3, and up and comming teams like the Bulls, Magic, and Sixers (:lol I just through that in for my sake).

Pistons better hope that Ben Wallace decides to stay.

Streakyshooter08
06-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, I think it comes down to how the offseason turns out for both teams. If Detroit looses Ben somehow it will be tough for them to find a replacement and be as strong as this year. If they keep the S5 and sign 1-2 good role players they will be really good...

The Spurs need to sign sb. athletic who is able to defend the wing. If they sign Javtokas, a good tall 3 and a backup PG, they will be in shape to be a contender once again.

1Parker1
06-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I wonder why no one has mentioned the Suns as a possibility to come out of the West next year. They'll have Stoudemire and Kurt Thomas back and with those guys PHO could kick everyones' asses, and I'm humble and objective enough to admit that could include that of my Mavs'. Part of the reason they lost to the Mavs was injury problems and lack of depth, but next year their depth could be awesome.

PG S. Nash - L. Barbosa
SG R. Bell - E. House

150 ppg? lol....they'll have way better rebounding for sure and they have lots of athleticism and sky-high-upside youth in Stoudemire, Barbosa, and Diaw.

:tu Suns look scary next season. With Marion, Nash, and Amare back.....but this time with up and comming role players in Diaw and Barbosa, as well as solid defense from Raja Bell and Thomas, they look downright scary for the Spurs and the Mavs.

picnroll
06-05-2006, 09:07 AM
I've said in several posts that I'm more worried about the Suns than the Mavs next year. Not that the Mavs won't be good but there is no one on the Mavs or Spurs that can handle a fully restored Amare. Add a Diaw with an improved outside shot and the way he palys the high-low and you have bad news.

NCaliSpurs
06-05-2006, 10:28 AM
I think the Pistons also let the something slip away. Just because the final scores weren't close doesn't tell the entire story. Pistons, known for their mental strength and swagger, unraveled during a crucial time. Pistons are a team that won 64 regular season games, was on pace to win 70 at one point, had 4 All Stars, and mentally brokedown during the most important time of the season.......the definitely let this one slip away. If they had played better/smarter and they way they are capable of this entire playoffs, they could have taken on Miami.

I was referring to last year against the Spurs.

But I agree with you about this year too.

leemajors
06-05-2006, 10:32 AM

PG S. Nash - L. Barbosa
SG R. Bell - E. House

i would actually consider starting amare at c, marion at pf, diaw at sg, nash and bell. i think diaw functions best as a starter and they should have him on the floor as much as possible. that way you have your two best ballhandlers on the court at the same time, and create incredible mismatches in your favor. the suns also need a better option at backup pg than eddie house, he's a chucker.

Mavschick
06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
i would actually consider starting amare at c, marion at pf, diaw at sg, nash and bell. i think diaw functions best as a starter and they should have him on the floor as much as possible. that way you have your two best ballhandlers on the court at the same time, and create incredible mismatches in your favor. the suns also need a better option at backup pg than eddie house, he's a chucker.

Well that just shows how versatile the Suns will be next year, able to reshape their lineup as they see fit depending on the matchup. I kind of see Diaw with his ball-handling and passing skills as a younger-Antoine-Walker-like-point-forward, able to bring the ball up court and initiate plays when Nash is off the floor.