PDA

View Full Version : Spurs interested in drafting Aaron Gray?

Kori Ellis
06-05-2006, 02:36 AM
He doesn't even know if he's going to be in the draft, but it's interesting that the Spurs are looking at a 7-foot center.

Scratch the NBA workout Aaron Gray was planning somewhere in the Northeast.

The Pitt center, who completed his junior year by averaging a double-double in his first college season in a starting role, apparently will wait until after he arrives this week at the NBA Pre-Draft Camp in Florida.

Gray is contemplating leaving school early to enter the NBA Draft, and while he will not take part in the camp from Tuesday through Saturday at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, near Orlando, he will undergo a physical and is expected to participate in private workouts.

Gray's 7-foot, 270-pound frame is intriguing to all 30 NBA clubs. The San Antonio Spurs last week were among the latest to express an interest, but they lack a first-round pick in this year's draft June 28 in New York.

Rest of the article ..

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/today/s_456699.html

T Park
06-05-2006, 02:41 AM
yeah right.... :lol

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 03:28 AM
Just the kind of guy that should be looked at if Rasho is dealt.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2006, 04:12 AM
As the years wind down on his deal he becomes more tradeable.

Back to the shallow end, water wings.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2006, 04:17 AM
grays atonomy? :D

SsKSpurs21
06-05-2006, 05:36 AM
Rasho for Malik...only Isiah can make that happen!

Aaron Gray

As only the second seven-footer to play at Pitt, Aaron Gray is a powerful big man who has a strong work ethic and reliable hands and has proved that he can rebound, catch, shoot and score inside. He is effective around the basket with his jump hook shot. He has also proved to be a productive player, converting 57.1 percent of his field goals. In both his freshman and sophomore seasons, Gray contributed off the bench while learning Pitt's system. This year, Gray figures to play a key role and compete for a starting position. Gray is also a bright student who is a two-time Big East Academic All-Star honoree and has earned Pitt's team academic award in each of the last two seasons.

he has improved every year during his stay at Pitt..

03-04 1.7ppg 1.5reb .4ast .2blks
04-05 11.6ppg 2.8reb .7ast .6blks
05-06 13.9ppg 10.5reb 1.8ast 1.5blks

Scouting Report: Possesses enormous size ... Terrific rebounder who stays at home defensively rather than trying to block every shot ... Not particularly mobile, so it is in his best interest to feed off of his position in the lane ... Uses his size to gain deep position, and then can hit short jump hooks over smaller opponents ... Has trouble creating his own shot when opponents deny him position or the ball down low ... A far better offensive than defensive rebounder because he largely plays the role of garbage man in offense, focusing on collecting buckets off putbacks ... Still does not understand how to use his body, so he often picks up bad fouls.

robb2676
06-05-2006, 06:12 AM
who??????????????????????

Doug Collins
06-05-2006, 06:24 AM
Aaron Gray is an american version of Rasho

ploto
06-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Any Spurs draft interest that is public is never what ends up happening. Two summers ago Beno came to SA and it never even hit any media at all while somehow a bunch of other visits did. Last summer, anyone hear about Ian??

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2006, 07:28 AM
any spurs interest made public, other teams will pounce on them, i dont think the guy will fall down to us cose sum lame team probaly signs him cose we are interested in him.

hell if he said we had interest in jerome james, i bet yah sum team is goin to sign him b4 we do.

JamStone
06-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Hopefully, he'll be as good as Chris Mihm.

SequSpur
06-05-2006, 01:50 PM
aaron gray sucks.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
If the Spurs are that interested, you figure they trade the rights to Scola for him?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 12:59 PM

This is an upgrade.

If I want to hear the cookie monster I'll turn on Nickalodean.

TDMVPDPOY
06-15-2006, 02:55 PM
he looks like sum clown on queer folk

Taking it to the Hole
06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
No first round pick. Won't happen.

FromWayDowntown
06-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Unless they've figured out how to offload both Rasho and Nazr, Grey doesn't strike me as being consistent with the plan to get more athletic -- he's not terribly mobile and has had some problems with his weight in the past. He got in better shape for the 05-06 season at Pitt and was better because of it, but I'm not sold on his fitting the need for athletic big guys.

If the Spurs are interested in taking a domestic player in the draft without moving up dramatically, I could sooner see them (and would rather see them) make a play to get a guy like Alexander Johnson from Florida State, Josh Boone from UConn, or James Augustine from Illinois. None of those guys are perfect fits, either.

Slinkyman
06-15-2006, 03:22 PM
If the Spurs are that interested, you figure they trade the rights to Scola for him?

god no, i hope we can get more for Scola then another white stiff. here's part of his draft profile from NBAdraft.net

Lacks great agility and body control ... Struggles coordinating his feet on drives to the basket and in transition ... Lacks great touch and range on his shot. FG% far below where it needs to be for a center ... Turnover prove, doesn't have great ability to protect the basketball ... Slow foot speed and lateral quickness ... Plays better in the half court set ... Not a big leaper ... Struggles offensively against athletic shot blockers ... Decent shot blocker due to his size, but does not get great lift, and wont be a huge shot blocker on the next level ...

NO THANKS

I'd rather have Hilton Armstrong or Josh Boone

Please_dont_ban_me
06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
god no, i hope we can get more for Scola then another white stiff. here's part of his draft profile from NBAdraft.net

Lacks great agility and body control ... Struggles coordinating his feet on drives to the basket and in transition ... Lacks great touch and range on his shot. FG% far below where it needs to be for a center ... Turnover prove, doesn't have great ability to protect the basketball ... Slow foot speed and lateral quickness ... Plays better in the half court set ... Not a big leaper ... Struggles offensively against athletic shot blockers ... Decent shot blocker due to his size, but does not get great lift, and wont be a huge shot blocker on the next level ...

NO THANKS

I'd rather have Hilton Armstrong or Josh Boone

Lmao.

That sounds like Malik and Nazr got it on and produced a 21 year old white male.

DarrinS
06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Erin Gray? Loved her in Buck Rogers.

http://www.heavenandearthandyou.com/auto/EGREY.jpg

strangeweather
06-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Erin Gray? Loved her in Buck Rogers.

http://www.heavenandearthandyou.com/auto/EGREY.jpg
:lmao

strangeweather
06-15-2006, 07:54 PM
I would be fine with either an American or a Slovenian version of Rasho on the roster as long as he didn't cost so much against the cap as Rasho's current deal.

SenorSpur
06-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Anybody ever see this guy play while at Pitt?

DarrinS
06-16-2006, 10:14 AM
I would be fine with either an American or a Slovenian version of Rasho on the roster as long as he didn't cost so much against the cap as Rasho's current deal.

No doubt.