PDA

View Full Version : To the French Spurs fans...

BillsCarnage
06-05-2006, 01:05 PM
One of you, and i forget the name, said how suprised the Suns/League would be with Boris Diaw once he gets PT; while everyone else, including me, had him as an after thought.

I'd just like to commend you and say good call.

picnroll
06-05-2006, 01:15 PM
To the Atlanta Hawks who gave up Diaw and two draft picks.

:flipoff

SpursWoman
06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
He's really blossomed with increased playing time. What a steal he turned out to be. :fro

boutons_
06-05-2006, 01:26 PM
I watched the ESPN? interview in France with Boris and his (white), non-English-speaking French mother.

One can see where he and Tony would share a lot of family similarities and, as nice guys who love basketball, would be best of friends.

JamStone
06-05-2006, 04:00 PM
While the Atlanta Hawks seem like they got bent over in that deal, part of it was that the Atlanta Hawks offensive schemes just didn't quite Boris Diaw's style and skills. Plus, they played him at a guard spot.

D'Antoni and the Suns were a perfect coach and team for him to flourish with.

Even had Boris stayed in Atlanta, I'm not quite sure he would have become the player he has become, simply because Atlanta used him improperly and their style of play didn't cater to his skills.

Still a lot to give up for Joe Johnson. But, it was probably better for both sides that Diaw was moved.

JUUOT
06-05-2006, 04:14 PM
One of you, and i forget the name, said how suprised the Suns/League would be with Boris Diaw once he gets PT; while everyone else, including me, had him as an after thought.

I'd just like to commend you and say good call.

BillsCarnage, This is really nice to come back and remember this. I was the one telling you last year when they made the trade that boris was underrated. I was right but i will admit i could not imagine a scenario as good as this one. The fact Amare was out, really favored bobo explosion and he was coming of an incredible europe tournament.

Thank you to Boris for making me look good one year after!

BillsCarnage
06-05-2006, 04:16 PM
BillsCarnage, This is really nice to come back and remember this. I was the one telling you last year when they made the trade that boris was underrated. I was right but i will admit i could not imagine a scenario as good as this one. The fact Amare was out, really favored bobo explosion and he was coming of an incredible europe tournament.

Thank you to Boris for making me look good one year after!

That's right it was you! I could remember the "UOT" in your name but not the first part.

Good call. :clap

picnroll
06-05-2006, 04:21 PM
While the Atlanta Hawks seem like they got bent over in that deal, part of it was that the Atlanta Hawks offensive schemes just didn't quite Boris Diaw's style and skills. Plus, they played him at a guard spot.

D'Antoni and the Suns were a perfect coach and team for him to flourish with.

Even had Boris stayed in Atlanta, I'm not quite sure he would have become the player he has become, simply because Atlanta used him improperly and their style of play didn't cater to his skills.

Still a lot to give up for Joe Johnson. But, it was probably better for both sides that Diaw was moved.
Atlanta is clueless. They don't know how to draft players, they don't know how to acquire players, they don't know how to trade players. Idiots have three long combo 2/3/4s so they trade for one, trade away one, draft one. Meanwhile they pass on Paul. Idiots should be thrown out of the league (or only allowed to trade with the Spurs).

strangeweather
06-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Atlanta is clueless. They don't know how to draft players, they don't know how to acquire players, they don't know how to trade players. Idiots have three long combo 2/3/4s so they trade for one, trade away one, draft one. Meanwhile they pass on Paul. Idiots should be thrown out of the league (or only allowed to trade with the Spurs).
The biggest problem with a lot of franchises like that is that they have a lot of coaching turnover and no coherent front-office plan for how they want to play. As a result, they end up with a bunch of players where many of them might be able to play, but they can't play together. When you combine that with an inability to attract decent free agents without drastically overpaying them and with (probably more than their share of) the inevitable mistakes that any front office makes sometimes anyway, they tend to look like complete idiots.

ducks
06-05-2006, 04:32 PM
spur fans hate hawks because they said no to rasho

picnroll
06-05-2006, 04:35 PM
They look like idiots because they are idiots. Hawks have help build two of the Spurs nemesisis, Pistons by giving them Rasheed and Suns by giving them Diaw and two upcoming lottery picks.

strangeweather
06-05-2006, 04:39 PM
They look like idiots because they are idiots. Hawks have help build two of the Spurs nemesisis, Pistons by giving them Rasheed and Suns by giving them Diaw and two upcoming lottery picks.
Maybe so, but I have this suspicion that they're a couple of obvious moves and some good coaching away from starting to be a decent team. They have some talented players.

Whether they will make those obvious moves or get any good coaching, I have no idea.

picnroll
06-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Well if you spend 15 years in the lottery I guess anything is possible. I figure they're trying to decide which small forward would be the best one to take in the upcoming draft.

strangeweather
06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Well if you spend 15 years in the lottery I guess anything is possible. I figure they're trying to decide which small forward would be the best one to take in the upcoming draft.
Heard any good Clippers jokes lately?

picnroll
06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Yes. I hear the Clips are suing the Hawks for identity theft.

strangeweather
06-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Yes. I hear the Clips are suing the Hawks for identity theft.
They want it back?!?