PDA

View Full Version : Javtokas on Nowitzki. What Do You Think?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-05-2006, 02:42 PM
I think it's a hell of a plan. He's built like Nowitzki and the only thing different is he is an inch smaller. But on his profiles they say that he gets most of his points by getting offensive rebounds and putting it back in, so if he can out-jump people on the down-low he should be able to jump really high, so he can contest Dirk's shots really really well. And according to spursreport.com, the Spurs and Javtokas are finalizing the contract and in the first few days of free agency he should be signed. IMO he'll be able to put the smackdown on Dirk and we'll be back in the finals in no time! :smokin

JET_31
06-05-2006, 02:44 PM
No way is this gonna happen. Bowen is first team all defense and couldnt shut dirk down. If the guy is this good he would already be in the NBA.

dknights411
06-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Shouldn't we get Javtokas on the roster first?

Anyway, Duncan and Bowen are the only ones who can realisticly take on Dirk

picnroll
06-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Nope.

ducks
06-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Javtokas is taller then bowen

not saying he will shut him downnoone really knows because noone has seen enough of him to know

Texas_Ranger
06-05-2006, 02:51 PM
First we need to see how good is Javtokas and if he is a good player for NBA or not. Then we can talk about: who can stop Dirk.
Right now only Bowen and Duncan can guard him in the SAS team. But nobody can stop him 100%, he is unstoppable.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2006, 02:59 PM
javtokas will make dirk his biatch

JET_31
06-05-2006, 03:00 PM

Stupid comments like this are the reason there is constant bickering between mavs fans and spurs fans. Grow up

coopdogg3
06-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Stupid comments like this are the reason there is constant bickering between mavs fans and spurs fans. Grow up

Well this is a Spurs board, and if a spurs fan is a bit excited about a new arrival, that is certainly our right. Do I think Javtokas can make Nowitzki his beatch? Certainly not. But that comment does not equal 1/100000000th of the bull-crap that comes out of Cuban's mouth. So I would humbly suggest that you be the one to grow up. Perhaps you should worry about the plank in your eye before you worry about the splinter in others.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Im not trying to instigate more trouble, im just saying that comment was uncalled for. And by the way spurs fans have every right to be excited about a new arrival, although i don't believe he is the answer for slowing down nowitzki when you already have the best person for the job(Bowen).

Bruno
06-05-2006, 03:08 PM

Funny because you're the one who start to make a stupid comment :

No way is this gonna happen. Bowen is first team all defense and couldnt shut dirk down. If the guy is this good he would already be in the NBA.

Do you know Javtokas ?
Have you seen him play ?

The answer is likely no for both question.
Saying what a guy is able or no to do without knowing him is stupid.
Grow up.

ace3g
06-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Javtokas will come in next year to do what we were missing, rebounds (O + D), put backs , etc. you can beat the mavs by letting dirk score 30, all you have to do is stop his supporting cast

JET_31
06-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Ok, you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. I'm done, not giving anyone a reason to start anything.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Well this is a Spurs board, and if a spurs fan is a bit excited about a new arrival, that is certainly our right. Do I think Javtokas can make Nowitzki his beatch? Certainly not. But that comment does not equal 1/100000000th of the bull-crap that comes out of Cuban's mouth. So I would humbly suggest that you be the one to grow up. Perhaps you should worry about the plank in your eye before you worry about the splinter in others.
Exactly. This isn't called Spurs&MavsTalk. Mavs fans shouldn't be reading this because in this website, Mavs fans aren't welcome. No Pistons fans no T'Wolves fans no Lakers fans. Just Spurs fans.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Do we get mod powers after 45 posts? I had no idea.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-05-2006, 03:14 PM
I doubt he's even comming

Bruno
06-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Ok, you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. I'm done, not giving anyone a reason to start anything.

I'm rude with you but I don't get why you post on a guy you don't know.

coopdogg3
06-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Exactly. This isn't called Spurs&MavsTalk. Mavs fans shouldn't be reading this because in this website, Mavs fans aren't welcome. No Pistons fans no T'Wolves fans no Lakers fans. Just Spurs fans.

Well I think this is the opposite extreme. I am not a mod on this site, but IMO all fans are welcome on this site. They just might need to realize that some Spurs fans are going to be excited about there team - and might exagerate a bit. It's all part of the fun.

Bruno
06-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Back to the topic :
Javtokas can do a decent job an Dirk (better than Rasho/Nazr) because he is more mobile. He won't shut him down but I rather have him at PF than Finley.

leemajors
06-05-2006, 03:21 PM
if javtokas can do a decent job on him, it frees up bowen to guard other people. that would be good enough for me.

Phenomanul
06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Bye bye Nazr....

Extra Stout
06-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Spurs fans are acting like Javtokas is the answer because we need him to be. From what I've seen, it's even money that he's even as good as Oberto.

Mr. Body
06-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Javtokas, as a first year player, will be highly foul prone. Not good against Dirk "Mr. Glass" Nowitski. It's bad enough when a swipe at the air near him gets you a whistle, much less a clumsier center trying to guard him.

coopdogg3
06-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Spurs fans are acting like Javtokas is the answer because we need him to be. From what I've seen, it's even money that he's even as good as Oberto.

There's probably some truth to this, but ESPN's Chad Ford (I think) gave Javtokas an "A" and called him NBA ready. So if Spurs' fans are deceived - we aren't the only ones. Plus I think it's easier (but no guarantee) to judge how well a player will do defensively as opposed to their offensive game. And Javtokas' defense is highly regarded. I've just got to believe that he'll be better than Oberto :) - it would be hard to be worse than Oberto

Rescueone
06-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Put his ass in the summer league to see how well he does there.

objective
06-05-2006, 04:01 PM
he'll be too busy with the World Championships to mess with Summer League play

Rescueone
06-05-2006, 04:03 PM
O.K., will the World Championship be on T.V. here? Anyone know? I want to see this dude play ball!

RON ARTEST
06-05-2006, 04:05 PM
your stupid.

Mr. Body
06-05-2006, 04:08 PM
your stupid.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

waly.mg
06-05-2006, 04:08 PM
I Think 40 Points from Irk

And 15 Minutes and 6 Fouls form Javtokas

mabber
06-05-2006, 04:09 PM
I think it's a hell of a plan. He's built like Nowitzki and the only thing different is he is an inch smaller. But on his profiles they say that he gets most of his points by getting offensive rebounds and putting it back in, so if he can out-jump people on the down-low he should be able to jump really high, so he can contest Dirk's shots really really well. And according to spursreport.com, the Spurs and Javtokas are finalizing the contract and in the first few days of free agency he should be signed. IMO he'll be able to put the smackdown on Dirk and we'll be back in the finals in no time! :smokin

I think Dirk has finally reached that level where no one can really stop him. Yes, some players are gonna make him work harder for his points but he really doesn't have any weaknesses on offense anymore.

waly.mg
06-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Probably the WC not be on TV in USA, but you can see them in P2P

waly.mg
06-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I think Dirk has finally reached that level where no one can really stop him. Yes, some players are gonna make him work harder for his points but he really doesn't have any weaknesses on offense anymore.

We need a player who can score on Him in the other side, if we use BB and he finish with 0 Points and Irk with 30 we must to lose

We need to attack the Rim and we can win every time

Rescueone
06-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Probably the WC not be on TV in USA, but you can see them in P2P

What's P2P

Extra Stout
06-05-2006, 04:16 PM
There's probably some truth to this, but ESPN's Chad Ford (I think) gave Javtokas an "A" and called him NBA ready.
Chad Ford also thought Fabricio Oberto would make the All-Rookie team. You could scoop up a random street urchin from Minsk, and Chad Ford would project him as a late first-rounder.

waly.mg
06-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Peer to Peer

Or Internet TV

Rescueone
06-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Peer to Peer

Or Internet TV
Thanks for the info Waly

mabber
06-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Chad Ford also thought Fabricio Oberto would make the All-Rookie team. You could scoop up a random street urchin from Minsk, and Chad Ford would project him as a late first-rounder.

Good stuff :lol

leemajors
06-05-2006, 04:29 PM

that urchin had incredible upside.

Slinkyman
06-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Javtokas couldn't hold Dirk's jock

smdanss
06-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Then shut up here and go back to your home board. :elephant

JET_31
06-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Then shut up here and go back to your home board. :elephant

what home board there are no good mavs message boards. And im not some troll thats going to go away i came here to talk basketball, i never once trashed your team, i have every right to be here. So you can get over it or leave.

Knoxville Spur
06-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Javtokas averaged 21.8 PPG, 14.7 RPG and 4.6 BPG last season per 48 mins.
For comparison, Duncan career 28 PPG, 15.2, 3.0 per 48

I think a rotation is the best thing on Nodickski. Bowen-Finley-Javtokas?-Tim Thomas?

ploto
06-05-2006, 11:12 PM
O.K., will the World Championship be on T.V. here? Anyone know? I want to see this dude play ball!
I don't know if you will be able to find any broadcast, but for a really good look at Robertas:

To get ready for the World Championships, the USA Men’s Team will play in a five-team World Basketball Challenge that will be held Aug. 11-15 in Seoul-- includes teams from the United States, Italy, Korea, Lithuania and Turkey. The USA-Lithuania match is scheduled for Aug. 13.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-05-2006, 11:15 PM
This bitch better be right about Robertas or him and us are gonna have some problems.(The computer is Chad->) :pctoss

sendman
06-06-2006, 04:16 AM
This thread reminds me of last years off season. Everyone was pumped up by Oberto signing and then, during the season, reality hit them hard. I watched Javtokas a lot. He is solid or maybe good in Europe, but there is a lot of difference between euroball and NBA. Even great in Europe doesn't always translate in good in NBA. And he is not great in Europe, just good or solid. He will be a rookie in new environment, trying to adapt to a new lifestyle and new bbal philosophy. He will need at least season or two to adapt. So hold your horses people.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 04:22 AM
I think we've set the bar low enough with Finley as our starting center.

And he has lived in the states before, FYI.

sendman
06-06-2006, 04:44 AM
I think we've set the bar low enough with Finley as our starting center.

And he has lived in the states before, FYI.
If that is the case, then all I can say is: "Enjoy sitting on Robertases jock, and I will enjoy watching you try get off it.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2006, 04:46 AM
So the WC won't be on TV here? I thought it would be.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 04:49 AM
If that is the case, then all I can say is: "Enjoy sitting on Robertases jock, and I will enjoy watching you try get off it.I was one of those who was lukewarm on Oberto.

I think Javtokas is better suited to the NBA, but I'm certainly aware of the possibility he could be very Obertoesque next season. However, if all we're looking for is someone to match Rasho or Nazr's numbers next season, there's just as fair a possiblity he could do it.

polandprzem
06-06-2006, 05:23 AM
Jeez stffy Javtokas :rolleyes

Parker 09
06-06-2006, 05:53 AM
Well i think really all Jav would be able to do is to contest his shot more than bowen or finley, i can't imangine him having the foot speed to keep up with dirk. But the guy is athletic to he can be another tower to scare dirk away from the paint and make him shoot jumpers.
In short shifts i think Jav might be able to do it though.

sendman
06-06-2006, 07:07 AM
Jeez stffy Javtokas :rolleyes

As you can see for yourseves, european posters are not all sold on Javtokas fella. And they know Robertas.

waly.mg
06-06-2006, 10:14 AM

I think a rotation is the best thing on Nodickski. Bowen-Finley-Javtokas?-Tim Thomas?

And Nazr is 17 Points and 14.4 Rebounds per 48 in the NBA

Extra Stout
06-06-2006, 10:30 AM

Per 48 minutes is a useless stat to begin with.
Comparing per 48 minutes stats in Lithuania to per 48 minutes stats in the NBA has zero credibility. You might as well compare their heights and make a point from that.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah, let's all just calm down and give it 6 months. We'll know how he's doing by December.

And let's cross our fingers he's better, quicker and meaner than Oberto.

On him, can anyone envision any sort of role for him? Can we make him practice 3s all summer and convert him to Sam Perkins?

fonzy16
06-06-2006, 10:51 AM
no way, javtokas is a stiff. more athletic than rasho (better rebounder), poorer defender.