PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Will Surprise The NBA?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-05-2006, 05:28 PM
Out of the ones who did not make the playoffs, who will DEFINITELY make the playoffs next year?

RON ARTEST
06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
definently? there is no such thing for those teams.

JET_31
06-05-2006, 05:38 PM
who cares...i seriously doubt that anyone who didnt even make the playoffs will be a contender in only 1 year. The teams to watch next year will be the usual mavs, suns, spurs, heat, pistons, and maybe the clippers.

atxrocker
06-05-2006, 05:42 PM
golden state.. if they keep davis/jrich they will make the postseason

mabber
06-05-2006, 05:45 PM
golden state.. if they keep davis/jrich they will make the postseason

I agree, Golden State should make postseason if they keep those guys and everyone stays healthy.

FreshPrince22
06-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Orlando or maybe Utah. Seems like Utah's due for an injury-free season.

Bob Lanier
06-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Houston.

JamStone
06-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Toronto

ducks
06-05-2006, 06:39 PM
I think the suns will be a surpise.
I think they will nto be as good as this year record wise. maybe better in the playoffs once they get it figured out. chemistry is going to be key and guys wanting to play their role on the team and not more then that

pussyface
06-05-2006, 06:48 PM
i was thinking toronto and golden state

JMarkJohns
06-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Toronto

Orlando

What they said.

ducks
06-05-2006, 07:01 PM
so what teams will be out if 2 or 3 new teams get in?
nuggets?
lakers?
clippers?

Leetonidas
06-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Orlando will be a 4-6 seed next year.

JMarkJohns
06-05-2006, 07:14 PM
so what teams will be out if 2 or 3 new teams get in?
nuggets?
lakers?
clippers?

First Teir
x-San Antonio
x-Dallas
x-Phoenix (if they stay the same, plus health)

Second Teir
x-Sacramento (if they resign Wells)
x-Denver
x-Memphis (if they get a legit PG)
x-L.A. Clippers (if they resign Cassell)

Third Teir
Houston (if they stay healthy)
x-L.A. Lakers (need PG help)
New Orleans (need frontcourt depth)
Utah (need health, experience)

Lottory Teir
Seattle (need PG and frontcourt depth)
Minnesota (everything but Garnett)
Golden State (new coach, PG and frontcourt depth)
Portland (everything)

NOTE: x-made playoffs this season

The two LA teams have the most to lose or to improve this offseason, but Memphis needs some direction as well.

In the end, I think Houston bumps the Lakers for the final playoff spot.

Manu20
06-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Orlando Magic

spurschick
06-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Orlando, and while the Bull made it this year, I look for them to go further next year.

SA Gunslinger
06-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I have to agree with the folks that think Orlando is going to be a force next season.

If I was starting a franchise and could pick any player to build around, I would take a long look at Dwight Howard. But then I would come to my senses and select Lebron.

AZLouis
06-05-2006, 09:21 PM
New Orleans from the West

Orlando from the East

strangeweather
06-05-2006, 10:03 PM
I agree that New Orleans, Orlando, and Houston have a good shot. I thinkToronto is at least a year away.

The only team I haven't seen mentioned that I think has a reasonable shot is Boston. Well, and Philly -- they always seem to be on the bubble, but they're not really a surprise.

Pistons < Spurs
06-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Orlando

DirkAB
06-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Orlando is eventually going to be really good, next season they won't be a force but they will make the playoffs and be in the middle of the East. Milicic will have a nice season next year, but I think his breakout year will be the season after that. Ariza is a nice player, the Knicks are retards for trading him, he'll have a nice season next year. I also like Nelson a lot as a PG, plus Dooling is a pretty nice bench player, he adds a big spark. It would be wonderful to see Grant Hill have one last healthy season where nothing goes wrong for him, but it looks like he might retire.

I think that New Orleans might make the playoffs, but who do they really have to go with Paul? West is alright, but they really need to pick up another scorer to play with him before they amount to much.

I think Utah will make the playoffs next season, they have 4 really solid players in Williams, Kirilenko, Boozer, and Okur. They need a solid slasher to play the 2 and they are in great shape next season. They have decent bench and a great coach, they are my sleeper pick next year. I think they will win that division and actually win over 50 games.

East: Orlando

West: Utah

baseline bum
06-06-2006, 12:09 AM
I would be shocked if the Magic didn't make it. Out West, Houston will be there if McGrady is healthy. The Clippers and Nuggets are two teams that it wouldn't surprise me if they missed the playoffs. Cassel's already said he won't start next season, and Livingston is still a guy best used off the bench. Who knows what the hell is going to happen to Denver with KMart and 'Dre. I don't see Utah in it. They have a lot of players who'd be great 6th men, but the only really good player they have is Kirilenko. As much as I like Jerry Sloan, they don't have the talent to beat out Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix, Memphis, LAL, Houston (if healthy), or the Clippers even. I like Seattle to be better too with Wilcox getting some run.

MissAllThat
06-06-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm leaning towards Houston right now, but that could change.

velik_m
06-06-2006, 01:26 AM
Bobcats

Vizzini
06-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Toronto

1Parker1
06-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Sixers!! (at least they better :devil)

Texas_Ranger
06-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Warriors

PaceMonster
06-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Out East- Orlando, and maybe Toronto
Out West- Houston(with a healthy Tracy),Utah,maybe Seattle,and GSW

jman3000
06-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Orlando was definately opening some eyes late last year with victories over some of the more elite teams in the league. If they can play like they have nothing ot lose the entire season they might be able to make a playoff push. So I'm going with Orlando.

NBA Junkie
06-06-2006, 10:54 AM
If the Wolves can somehow pry Allen Iverson from the Sixers, as has been speculated, they could surprise as I feel that KG and AI would be rejuvenated at the prospect of playing alongside one another. I don't think it will happen though.

If Houston can stay healthy next season and add depth, they'll be a lock to return to the playoffs.

1Parker1
06-06-2006, 11:02 AM
^Who do the Sixers get in return for AI in that trade, if the Wolves keep KG?

NBA Junkie
06-06-2006, 11:09 AM
^Who do the Sixers get in return for AI in that trade, if the Wolves keep KG?

Supposedly, Ricky Davis, Rashad McCants or Trenton Hassell and the #6 pick in the draft. Eddie Griffin and Marko Jaric are considered included possibilities if the Sixers Kyle Korver is included.

The dealbreaker could be if the Wolves would want Philly's #13 overall pick.

This has been discussed on other forums, but I 'm not expecting it to happen. Stephon Marbury would probably be plan B if they don't land Iverson.

1Parker1
06-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Sixers can do better than that for AI. They'd be dumb if they accepted that trade. If anything send KG to Philly, for Salmons, Webber, #13 draft pick, and any other loser not named Allen Iverson or Andre Igodala on our team. :lol

StylisticS
06-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Minnesota (everything but Garnett)

I can't believe how fast they fell off. I mean, earlier in the decade, they would be talked about as the 5th or 6th best team in the west and overall, the NBA. Finally got out the 1st round, but hasn't done jack since. Now, they are just simply a lottery team year in and year out.

Watch out for Orlando not only next year, but in the coming years. The way they ended that season was scary similar to the way we ended the 99-2000 season. On a roll and become a good team since. Florida may look like a mini Texas with it's two teams for the next few years.

NBA Junkie
06-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Sixers can do better than that for AI. They'd be dumb if they accepted that trade. If anything send KG to Philly, for Salmons, Webber, #13 draft pick, and any other loser not named Allen Iverson or Andre Igodala on our team. :lol

Exactly. That's why I don't see Minnesota landing Iverson.

BTW, that Garnett trade to Philly you're proposing is just as bad as the Iverson to Minny proposals I've read on the net.

Mavschick
06-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Watch out for Orlando not only next year, but in the coming years. The way they ended that season was scary similar to the way we ended the 99-2000 season. On a roll and become a good team since.

Everyone knows Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard are cornerstone-type young players to build around, but watch out for SF Trevor Ariza too. He's like a young Gerald Wallace in that he doesn't have 3-point shooting range but he does have mad hops and quick hands and isn't lazy or bad on D.

gus
06-07-2006, 03:09 PM
In 2/3 years Toronto is going to be the team to beat. You hear it first.

They contracted the best scouters. They are going to make some short term fix with experienced Europeans and get the best out there, plus they have hired the Manager of Benetton Treviso as ViceP. who is one of the best executives in world basket who studied in the U.S. so the transition is going to be reasonable.

Gus

1Parker1
06-07-2006, 08:18 PM
BTW, that Garnett trade to Philly you're proposing is just as bad as the Iverson to Minny proposals I've read on the net.

:lol Doesn't sound so bad as a Philly native.

himat
06-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I know this thread is about teams who didn't make the playoffs and what not, but I think Pistons and Spurs will surprise a lot of people maybe not in the regular season but in the playoffs. A LOT of people think that both teams's time is over. I'm hoping next season the 2 best teams meet again. Miami played better than us, but that sure as hell does not mean they are better.

himat
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Remember Golden State? They looked promising going into this season and look what happened. We'llsee if Orlando is really good. I hope they play bad and get the Pistons a very high draft pick.