PDA

View Full Version : What a great game!

Solid D
06-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Stanley Cup Game 1

Carolina and Edmonton

A Chris Pronger penalty-shot goal (left) helped Edmonton to a 3-0 lead in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final (in progress, OLN, CBC, RDS, NHL Radio), but the Hurricanes have rallied with four straight goals -- the last one a short-handed break-away in the third.
That is all.

Solid D
06-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Link to Other Sports Forum Official Stanley Cup thread:

OLN and HDTV OLN
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1014355#post1014355

Billy Cobham
06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
It be tied now.

Solid D
06-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Amazing game. Brind'Amour of Carolina scores off a misplayed puck with 17 secs. left to win 5-4.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Kinda sad that such a great game had to end with a fuck up between two teammates.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
I have a question.

Why is NHL being shoved down our throat this year moreso than any other year? It seems like every radio station I turn on mentions it. I don't hate hockey, but I don't watch it either. I would like to learn the rules and whatnot so I know what the f' I'm watching though. =/

SequSpur
06-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Hockey is for same sex marriages.

leemajors
06-05-2006, 11:45 PM
i thought this thread was about new super mario bros. =[

Solid D
06-06-2006, 12:00 AM
I have a question.

Why is NHL being shoved down our throat this year moreso than any other year? It seems like every radio station I turn on mentions it. I don't hate hockey, but I don't watch it either. I would like to learn the rules and whatnot so I know what the f' I'm watching though. =/

It's been considered a fairly major sport for decades. I'm not sure "mentioning" hockey on the radio is shoving it down people's throats. Are the broadcasts of the games on radio, too? TV coverage is primarily on OLN. Do most people even know it's a cable channel? If so, do most people know where to find OLN without looking it up in the guide?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-06-2006, 12:02 AM
It's been considered a fairly major sport for decades. I'm not sure "mentioning" hockey on the radio is shoving it down people's throats. Are the broadcasts of the games on radio, too? TV coverage is primarily on OLN. Do most people even know it's a cable channel? If so, do most people know what where to find OLN without looking it up in the guide?

Sports talk radio.

They're doing more than mentioning it, they discuss it for whole segments at a time. : (

Solid D
06-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Ah! It's a great sport when you know the few rules it has. It doesn't have enough scoring for some people, but if you ever get a chance to go to a game and sit fairly close to the action, it's some pretty cool live action. Fans get into it. Most of the major northern cities follow Ice Hockey to a greater degree than they do in the south.

I know when we lived in Mass. when I was a kid, it was easier to get a ticket to the Celtics games than it was to the Bruins games...and we are talking about during some great Celtics years.

Melmart1
06-06-2006, 12:13 AM
I have been to a rampage game. I won't watch hockey on TV but man, it sure was fun in person! I would go again in a heartbeat.