PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood

T Park
06-06-2006, 02:40 AM
god was I missing out, went to Best Buy today and got season one from this show, and Im now hooked.

Anyone else watch?

Its challenging House and 24 as my favorites.

Sense
06-06-2006, 02:53 AM
For some reason my brother got hooked on Prison Break..... he's more like addicted to it... he's watched like almost all of it in 3 days...

Never seen it... but it looks alright.

Melmart1
06-06-2006, 02:55 AM
They do a whole lot of cussing on "Deadwood", even by my standards!

NASpurs
06-06-2006, 02:59 AM
I'm guessing in the Wild West, cocksucker was a favorite curse word at the time. Not only that but they repeat it like every other sentence. Some hardcore stuff right there.

Kori Ellis
06-06-2006, 02:59 AM
I've never seen it.

xcoriate
06-06-2006, 03:21 AM
so whats it about :/

we dont get it down here...

PM5K
06-06-2006, 03:25 AM
I haven't seen too many HBO shows that I didn't like:

Entourage
Big Love
Curb
Sopranos

I liked a bunch of the other old shows like The Larry Sanders Show, Arliss, etc..

I'd probably like the ones I don't watch too, but maybe it's a good thing I'm not hooked on all the others too...

T Park
06-06-2006, 03:49 AM
Entourage is fantastic as well.

I bought season 1, but it was only like 8 freakin shows, is that right?

When does the new season start?

I typed it into my TIVO and it had no clue what I was talking about.

BTW,

the cussing in Deadwood is slightly over the top, but, its a hell of a story.

The old west has always fascinated me though.

The way they depict it almost seems true to how it was.

PM5K
06-06-2006, 03:54 AM
I think Entourage is on next Sunday, you can always Google Entourage...

Melmart1
06-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Entourage starts Sunday, but it is season 3. So if you have only seen season 1, T-Park, you best start watching season 2. That one is longer than the first, which is indeed only 8 episodes. It's a badass show, highly addicting.

Ginofan
06-06-2006, 06:17 AM
Yes, it is an awesome show.

TheTruth

j-6
06-06-2006, 07:17 AM
I'm not enough of a starfucker to really get into what Entourage is selling, but Deadwood does start up again for its third season this Sunday as well. Deadwood's probably my favorite show on television.

Also, I've grown pretty partial to Big Love the last couple of months - enough to the point that the GF has to go watch the show where all the doctor interns are humping each other in the other room. It's worth checking out if you haven't gotten a chance, especially since it's the first season and every episode is up on HBO on Demand.

Taco
06-06-2006, 07:53 AM
I saw the 1st season but didn't follow the 2nd

Mrs Taco has watched them all

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2006, 08:00 AM
I love Deadwood.
I've been sitting on pins and needles for season 3 to start. Can't wait untill Sunday. entourage startgin on Sunday also is just an added bonus.

some big shit is gonna go down this season on Deadwood...have you seen the preview?? bad ass.

and I'm still pissed that carnival got cancelled.

spurschick
06-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Deadwood is the shit! Back in high school, one of my best friends was Ian McShane's stepson. The parents were separated, so I didn't get to spend a lot of time around Ian, but he is a cool dude.

batman2883
06-06-2006, 08:28 AM
grays anatomy and enterouge are the best shows to ever be created

MaNuMaNiAc
06-06-2006, 08:32 AM
I was under the impression that Deadwood was cancelled. I was all bummed out and everything! If it turns out it continues you people have made my day :D

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2006, 08:37 AM
I was under the impression that Deadwood was cancelled. I was all bummed out and everything! If it turns out it continues you people have made my day :D

No, Deadwood has always been continuing.. they've (HBO) have been teasing us abotu the "new season" for months.
Carnivale was cancelled.

Deadwood starts the new season this coming Sunday.
Go check out HBO.com

MaNuMaNiAc
06-06-2006, 08:39 AM
No, Deadwood has always been continuing.. they've (HBO) have been teasing us abotu the "new season" for months.
Carnivale was cancelled.

Deadwood starts the new season this coming Sunday.
Go check out HBO.com
:tu http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

goliath
06-06-2006, 10:08 AM
HBO did cancel Deadwood.

Season 3 of Deadwood starts sunday. Then there are 2 2 hr episodes to be made to wrap it up.

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.jspa?forumID=700000049

""Deadwood" lives.

After a month of what seemed like public negotiating, HBO and "Deadwood" creator-exec producer David Milch have kissed and made up, as it were, agreeing to produce a pair of two-hour specials that will serve as the show's series finale.

While Milch's grisly Western had been presumed a goner last month after HBO announced it would not be renewing options on the large cast (Daily Variety, May 12), HBO said Sunday that the series and its fans would get closure in what amounts to a four-hour event.

HBO will have to renegotiate new deals -- now for a pair of two-hours as opposed to a full season -- with all of the players. Although no one is locked into continuing with "Deadwood," an HBO rep said the network was confident in reaching all the deals necessary to proceed with the show in its new incarnation.

No decisions had been made about a production start date or a premiere date.

Insiders say HBO was uncomfortable with the hefty costs of holding the actors over an indefinite amount of time now that Milch would be splitting his time between another season of "Deadwood" and his new surf noir pilot "John from Cincinnati," also set up at the pay network.

"Deadwood" rotated in at least 20 major characters during season two. In addition, each episode of "Deadwood" is said to cost around $5 million to produce and require 15-16 days of shooting -- a hefty tab even for HBO.

And although both Milch and HBO say the parties had always intended for the series to end after four seasons, economics at the cablercabler have changed. "The Sopranos," which begins production on its final episodes shortly, is more expensive than ever, while new series -- including the expensive $100 million first season of "Rome," a co-prod with the BBC, and "Big Love" -- haven't exactly ignited ratings or subscriptions.

For Milch, keeping "Deadwood" alive in some form saves him having to prematurely end the show or work with a truncated fourth season of six episodes, which HBO had initially offered (Daily Variety, June 2). He is said to have worked with the network over the weekend to give "Deadwood" a proper conclusion.

A shorter order was problematic for Milch because each episode in the first three seasons of "Deadwood" represented a single day, and he could not see how to wrapwrap up the stories in just six days. By instead producing a pair of special event presentations, Milch will be able to write the finale using a different format and space of time.

"I am thrilled that we were able to figure out a way to continue," Milch said in a statement. "No one was ready to let go of the show, and I'm really glad we've found a way to proceed that works creatively."

Decision to continue also spares HBO brass criticism that they were prematurely pulling the plug on a series with both critical acclaim and a loyal following -- two elements that earned lauded but ratings-challenged crime drama "The Wire" a fourth season, due this fall. "

Vashner
06-06-2006, 10:10 AM
I was gonna make a western shooter video game called "Dirtwood".. but that idea got buried in the graveyard.

T Park
06-06-2006, 10:38 AM
so the series only lasts 3 seasons?!!??!

WTF!!!

FUCKKKK

That happened with me the last time I got into a show, called Millenium.

Goddamnt.

fuckin HBO :flipoff

MaNuMaNiAc
06-06-2006, 11:42 AM
hate to say I told you so on this one... :(

Mrs.Tlong
06-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Deadwood? Oh I can tell you lots of stories about dead wood.... :depressed

Duff McCartney
06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
God damn HBO is quickly becoming an embarrassment in my eyes. First they flat out just let Carnivale die a death and now they are doing the same with Deadwood.

While a 100 million dollar show like Rome is their baby. I didn't spend two seconds watching Rome....while I'm hooked on Deadwood and Carnivale.

j-6
06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
God damn HBO is quickly becoming an embarrassment in my eyes. First they flat out just let Carnivale die a death and now they are doing the same with Deadwood.

While a 100 million dollar show like Rome is their baby. I didn't spend two seconds watching Rome....while I'm hooked on Deadwood and Carnivale.

I wonder how much BBC has to do with Rome still being around.

Melmart1
06-06-2006, 12:54 PM
How is this HBO's fault? I would think it's the viewers' fault for not tuning in.

Vashner
06-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Polling and tv data collection is no perfect art...

When is the last time Nielson box was in your house?

Look at that Howie game show.. it fucking sucks and no one watches it but NBC acts like it's a hit.

ObiwanGinobili
06-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Polling and tv data collection is no perfect art...

When is the last time Nielson box was in your house?

Look at that Howie game show.. it fucking sucks and no one watches it but NBC acts like it's a hit.

I was a nielson house for 5 yrs.
3 years with Cable and a box, 2 years with no cable and a journal with a 1-800 #.

man i miss that $5 a week.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2006, 07:08 PM
man i miss that $5 a week.:lol

I had a good friend who had a Nielsen box about 15 years ago. We used to fuck with it by keeping it on the UHF 2 a.m. infomercials.