PDA

View Full Version : I Am Disappointed In You

TwoDeep3
06-06-2006, 11:16 AM
I am disappointed in you. Have been for a few weeks now.

Back in '03, we meet in the WCF and you won. It was a bitter pill to take because I was sure the Mavs were ready.

But you were the better team.

I went to boards like this one and said so. It was difficult. But you were the better team, and if I am a man I have to acknowledge that fact.

So I did.

What I found were gracious fans who were proud of their team, but also humble enough not to talk crap.

I was not flamed, but thanked.

I wished you well and hoped you'd win it all.

Now were are several years removed from this and the shoe is on the other foot.

Regardless of your opinion, Dallas advanced. That makes then the better team.

Now all I see is grousing and harping on the refs and how you wish Dallas would die.

What I thought were the classiest fans in the NBA have turned out to be the biggest spoiled brats.

Even Laker fans, with their obnoxious attitude, have nevr reached the low your fanbase has with the ranting and venting.

I've been a Dallas Cowboy fan all my life. I understand championships.

I also understand when the ride is over and how difficult that is to accept.

But at some point you have to grow up and deal with it in a rational and mature manner. Be a man and accept what life hands you with aplomb.

I'm disappoiunted in you people.

You aren't who I thought you were.

Gracious when you win.

Big babies when you don't.

maddnezz
06-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Congrats to you and your team!!!! Focus on thursday, there's still work to do. Humility is harder to lift than a feather when you have things finally going your way and you feel everyone who was against you must now pay homage. We know championships too. Nothing like it when your a one sports town. And nothing like a loss to humble you once again. Like you said, the ride won't last forever so focus, and congrats to you and your team!!!! :fro

DFW Spurs
06-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Big babies? Hello, your owner is the biggest whiner of all time. Why don't you go read his blog or something.

SpursWoman
06-06-2006, 11:23 AM
For the love of God ... is this going to be post #1 for every damn Maverick fan that registers on this site?

Is there like a template posted somewhere else that ya'll are just copy & pasting?

Mr. Body
06-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Cuban ruined it for you, man. Basketball fans around the world hate the Mavs now because of your owner.

TwoDeep3
06-06-2006, 11:25 AM
And the excuses flow like wine.

Sspursin06
06-06-2006, 11:25 AM
the thing is. we're so mad because our ride isn't over, and this seasons ride shouldn't be, i'm sorry dude, but we really did get screwed and we won that series. i hate to use that excuse but besides my high school football team getting screwed out of a playoff game once, i have never used that excuse. we aren't babies we are just mad that this season got ended by the refs and not another team.

i really think if cuban weren't your owner, but avery still your coach. alot of us would take this defeat and say we are happy for avery, but nope. fuck cuban 4 life

George Gervin's Afro
06-06-2006, 11:28 AM
give these mav fans a break. they are so new to success they don't know how to handle it.. they will never overtake the Spurs as the best organization in Texas and that infuriates them. they have one shot for the ring and becoming a one yr wonder..

rascal
06-06-2006, 11:29 AM
I agree with TwoDeep 3.

There was too much whining about the refs in here. Dallas controlled the series and was the better team.

The spurs were lucky to even have a chance in game 7 because Dallas lead throughout game 7 and that was a home game which ususally goes to the home team . Dallas also won the only blowout of the series and Pop played matchup game with Dallas(showing weakness) and lost with his small ball. Dallas was the better team in this series and I was surprised the spurs were even as close as they were.

Taco
06-06-2006, 11:31 AM
I am disappointed in you. Have been for a few weeks now.

Back in '03, we meet in the WCF and you won. It was a bitter pill to take because I was sure the Mavs were ready.

But you were the better team.

I went to boards like this one and said so. It was difficult. But you were the better team, and if I am a man I have to acknowledge that fact.

So I did.

What I found were gracious fans who were proud of their team, but also humble enough not to talk crap.

I was not flamed, but thanked.

I wished you well and hoped you'd win it all.

Now were are several years removed from this and the shoe is on the other foot.

Regardless of your opinion, Dallas advanced. That makes then the better team.

Now all I see is grousing and harping on the refs and how you wish Dallas would die.

What I thought were the classiest fans in the NBA have turned out to be the biggest spoiled brats.

Even Laker fans, with their obnoxious attitude, have nevr reached the low your fanbase has with the ranting and venting.

I've been a Dallas Cowboy fan all my life. I understand championships.

I also understand when the ride is over and how difficult that is to accept.

But at some point you have to grow up and deal with it in a rational and mature manner. Be a man and accept what life hands you with aplomb.

Gracious when you win.

HELLO !!!

THINK McFLY THINK!!!

THIS IS SPURSTALK.COM IF YOU WANT PROPS GO TO MAVSTALK.COM

Taco
06-06-2006, 11:31 AM
B.T.W.

Go Heat!!!!

rascal
06-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Miami will take Dallas out though, so enjoy the hope that you may win a finals because it won't last long.

maddnezz
06-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Just remeber Spurs fans, the Mavs are the Western Conference Champs! Just one injury away from HUMILITY!!!!.......................(You still have work to do!!!!) :fro :smokin

angel_luv
06-06-2006, 11:34 AM
We're sorry we let you down?

:lol

Extra Stout
06-06-2006, 11:35 AM
The only reason the officiating sticks out is because the teams were so closely matched that the inherent suckitude of NBA officials came out in sharp relief.

clambake
06-06-2006, 11:38 AM
So, if the refs give the spurs all the calls, then you're happy?

spurs_666
06-06-2006, 11:46 AM
So, if the refs give the spurs all the calls, then you're happy?

The refs and the league are very fair. They give Terry a suspension for touching Finley's ball, they give Mbenga 6 games suspension for going to stand. Whining Spurs fans are just pathetic sore loser, word :fro

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2006, 11:49 AM

There's the difference right there.

boutons_
06-06-2006, 11:53 AM
GO HEAT GO !!!

As simple as ABC : Anybody But Cuban

shelshor
06-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Gracious when you win.

I think you need to be lecturing Cuban and about 99% of the Mavs fans that have been showing up

BigVee
06-06-2006, 12:00 PM
My belief is the only reason you Mav people continue to harp on this subject is because you are looking for Spurs fans to validate your "win", because deep down you know you should not have won. Why else would you need to hear congratulations and good luck and all that shit. It will never come from me....I will never agree that the better team won, so stop wasting your time trying to get Spurs fans on board. Jesus just go away. God damn, what is wrong with you? I don't give a shit that you said good luck to the Spurs when they won and rooted for them to win it all. Who cares? You have your team....go celebrate with your own.

strangeweather
06-06-2006, 12:01 PM
I am disappointed in you.
I am disappointed in you, too.

Some people know better than to generalize like that and characterize an entire fan base based on some posts a few people have written.

Also, if you'd actually been paying attention, you would have noticed that the same post has been made repeatedly by "helpful" Mav fans.

How disappointing.

ducks
06-06-2006, 12:02 PM
I am disappointed in twodeep

WHy had she,he or it know how we acted when spurs won.
what grounds does he have to tell me how to act?
is this his site?
does he run this place?
who died and made twodeep boss?

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
I am disappointed in twodeep

WHy had she,he or it know how we acted when spurs won.
what grounds does he have to tell me how to act?
is this his site?
does he run this place?
who dies and made twodeep boss?

Ducks make good point
Same argument hear from many mavs fan

austinfan
06-06-2006, 12:07 PM
My belief is the only reason you Mav people continue to harp on this subject is because you are looking for Spurs fans to validate your "win", because deep down you know you should not have won. Why else would you need to hear congratulations and good luck and all that shit.

Exactly. Why do Mavs fans give two flying flips what Spurs fans think of their team? Do you expect us to bow down before you and say that the Mavericks are a new dynasty in the making that will win 20 championships in a row, while the Spurs writhe in abject misery for the rest of their days? Is that what it's going to take for you to feel better about your team? Why aren't you on one of your own boards celebrating the fact that you're in the Finals?

Newsflash, Mavs fans: you're not going to convert fans of a rival team to an undying appreciation of the Mavericks, so give up trying and go soothe your fragile egos on mavtalk.com or wherever it is that you congregate, mkay?

Leetonidas
06-06-2006, 12:07 PM

And the trolls flood the forum like Katrina.

Seriously, STFU already. Stop telling SPURS FANS how to act on a SPURS FORUM. This topic has been made so many fucking times. And your fellow fans for the most part are complete dipshits.

Vashner
06-06-2006, 12:25 PM

Gracious when you win.

:stfu

TwoHandJam
06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
What makes this loss difficult to take is that we were the better team (albeit maybe only by a hair) but lost because we got outcoached.

infinite styles
06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm getting tired of the whinning and bitching on both ends! This shit is getting ridiculous. I don't like the Mavs, never have never will, plain and simple. Yes they beat the Spurs and moved on...OK we get it. But don't expect every Spur fan to go and buy a Nowitzki jersey just because of that. I won't root for them in the Finals just because "I DON'T LIKE THEM!" Fuck whats wrong with you people? We're Spurs fans and root for THE SPURS! I'm starting to realize how much envy other teams have for the Spurs when their fans expect Spurs fans to cheer for them when they beat them.

P.S. Stop coming in here telling people how to fucking act! :madrun

samikeyp
06-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Two deep...it was a good post until the end. If you are so ignorant to believe all Spurs fans act the same way...which you are implying....then you never had a chance at respect.

SPARKY
06-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Perhaps if Mavs fans didn't act like the internets had finally made it to the trailer park might anyone give a damn. Go cry elsewhere.

clambake
06-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Austinfan speak of truth. You must all bow down and worship your master. Do it now before you anger the NEW master. Do not hesitate, or thou shalt find yourselves again licking your wounds of loss next year. You have been warned!

spur219
06-06-2006, 12:32 PM
I never cried about the loss but the thing is that in this series it is not clear who the better team was. The better team could of been San Antonio but the luck did not turn their way or vice versa. In most 7 game series the better team always advances but in this particular series I honestly can't say that.

samikeyp
06-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Then twodeep runs away. Its ok though...he wasn't the only one to make the same incorrect assumption. There will be others. Thankfully a lot of Mavs fans are smarter than that.

SPARKY
06-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Mavs fans want some kind of validation, as if they themselves know their team is a fraud. I had one nutjob PMing me after the series whining about me not giving him props or something.

Maybe it's just that DFW is just a little too close to Oklahoma. I don't know.

SenorSpur
06-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Cuban ruined it for you, man. Basketball fans around the world hate the Mavs now because of your owner.

For the record, Cuban has been all over the local, regional and national airwaves absorbing both praise and congratulations on the Mavs success. He's often asked to chronicle the journey of the Mavs rise during his tenure and the factors that led to AJ becoming coach.

Hold on here! You'd think they'd already WON the DAMN championship. There are still 4 wins to be had.

All this manufactured "Mavs" hype that Cuban is notorious for generating will come off quite silly if the Mavs lose in the Finals (and I certainly hope they do). Remember, humility is usually one series away. Furthermore, no one ever remembers who comes in 2nd place.

When AJ preaches to his team to STAY HUMBLE, Cuban would be wise to heed his advice too.

Cr0vax
06-06-2006, 12:52 PM
U may have beat us this year but thats not enough to say that dallas is a better team (than the spurs)...

Let's see next season...

Goodluck Mavs.....

GO Heat!! Beat them!!!!

:elephant

clambake
06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
I promise to remember who comes in second. I'm just happy my team has a chance. This is what mavs fans are rejoicing. We had to beat the spurs and the suns to get here. We did that. This year, mavs were better and deserve.

DarrinS
06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Who asked you? Or, as Jason Terry would say, who "axed" you?

So, have a nice steaming cup of STFU!

http://geexology.org/images/pub/stfu.jpg

Go MIAMI!

clambake
06-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Don't you mean "STFU you going to the finals bastards"?

DarrinS
06-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Don't you mean "STFU you going to the finals bastards"?

<sniff><sniff> clambake? You stink.

DirkAB
06-06-2006, 01:04 PM
give these mav fans a break. they are so new to success they don't know how to handle it.. they will never overtake the Spurs as the best organization in Texas and that infuriates them. they have one shot for the ring and becoming a one yr wonder..

So what are you saying? That Spurs fans are new to failure and don't know how to handle it? Is that why there is all this vaginal bleeding on this board? I think the dude has a point, fans of 3-time champs should have more class. Even if there are some Mav fans that are acting like idiots, that is no excuse to act like a bitch.

clambake
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Just kidding darrin. Come on, chin up, wipe those tears and take it like a man.

jmard5
06-06-2006, 01:09 PM
No validation from me either. Clearly the "better team" did not exactly win by a wide margin.

clambake
06-06-2006, 01:13 PM
True. The margin of victory can be measured by the distance between W and L.

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2006, 01:15 PM
So what are you saying? That Spurs fans are new to failure and don't know how to handle it? Is that why there is all this vaginal bleeding on this board? I think the dude has a point, fans of 3-time champs should have more class. Even if there are some Mav fans that are acting like idiots, that is no excuse to act like a bitch.

He may have had a point, of course the three guys who posted the same shit also may have had a point

Shank
06-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Hey guys, what's up?

Melmart1
06-06-2006, 01:19 PM
This is the dumbest shit ever. It's bad enough some dipshit Mavs fan has to come, register and then instead of adding anything to the conversation, just ruffle people's feathers. Like anyone here gives a shit at your level of dissapointment.

But do Spurs fans have to compound the problem by continuing to bump this shit by arguing in circles? Cus that is all that is getting done here. Some Mavs fans apparently need validation, and most Spurs fans are too bitter to give it. That about sums it up. The rest of this shit is just useless and stupid.

Melmart1
06-06-2006, 01:21 PM
oh, and for Mavs fans who think that ALL Spurs fans don't give props, kindly check out this thread: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42255

Then kindly :stfu

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
I saw this thread and thought, "Dear God, my mother finally got on the Internet." Turns out its yet another belly aching Mavsfan. Are you going to tell us we need to eat our vegetables and pick up our socks?

CubanMustGo
06-06-2006, 01:36 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/trolls.gif

Damn some of you guys are dense. Quit responding to every stupid troll that shows up and they will soon go away. It's OK to let someone have the "last word" because the thread will soon drop off.

~Sweetmelody~
06-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I might be tired of some Spurs winning but I am more tired and annoyed at the majority of the Mavs fans (and I say that because the majority of the posts I have seen are like this) coming to a Spurs forum and complaining about Spurs posters. It started as a nuisance before we even played them only to become totally intolerable.

Some Mavs fans apparently need validation, and most Spurs fans are too bitter to give it.

Melmart1 I can guarantee that if the Majority of the Mavs posters had come in here and respected the posters, there would be a different attitude. I for one was totally turned off by the posters and their owner. It didn’t help matters when a former player that I liked, now coach, became George Karl before my eyes.

but you are right we shouldn't respond :oops

angel_luv
06-06-2006, 01:46 PM
But since you bumped it :)

:lol @Spurs fan in Exile

:)

clambake
06-06-2006, 01:50 PM
We need it. We lust for it, thurst for it, crave it, we must have your validation. It would be your acknowledged surrender. How can we go to the finals without it? It is your submission we require. Spurs must kiss our soon to be championship rings.

just kidding

angel_luv
06-06-2006, 01:52 PM
We need it. We lust for it, thurst for it, crave it, we must have your validation. It would be your acknowledged surrender. How can we go to the finals without it? It is your submission we require. Spurs must kiss our soon to be championship rings.

just kidding

I hope Miami denies you your preeeeeeeeeeecious.

And I'm not kidding. :)

P.S. Funny post though. :)

Drbio
06-06-2006, 01:58 PM
If it is any consolation, we all think that TwoDeep is a jackass at our site too.

my2sons
06-06-2006, 02:19 PM
The refs and the league are very fair. They give Terry a suspension for touching Finley's ball, they give Mbenga 6 games suspension for going to stand. Whining Spurs fans are just pathetic sore loser, word :fro
why don't you go post with the 20 other mavs fans on mavstalk...bye

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Every goddam time I log in....