PDA

View Full Version : When everything else for Bush fails, Pt. 2?

Spurminator
06-06-2006, 03:10 PM
We can't give you any details, we just want you to know.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/05/terror/main1683852.shtml

Another Terrorist Attack Coming Soon?
CBS News: U.S. Officials Believe Recent Incidents Point To An Imminent Threat

June 5, 2006

(CBS) U.S. officials believe Canadian arrests over the weekend and three recent domestic incidents in the United States are evidence the U.S. will soon be hit again by a terrorist attack. Privately, they say, they'd be surprised if it didn't come by the end of the year, reports CBS News correspondent Jim Stewart in a CBS News exclusive.

The first of the domestic incidents, all of which drew little attention at the time, began with the holdup of a string of Torrance, Calif. gas stations last summer. Muslim converts who bonded together in prison planned to use the robberies to finance attacks on 20 Army recruiting stations.

Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton admits they stumbled on the plot during a search.

"Make no mistake about it," Bratton said. "We dodged a bullet here — perhaps many bullets."

Police in Toledo, Ohio, busted another cell in February. This one consisted of three men training to attack U.S. forces overseas. Once again, luck played a role. When they tried to enlist someone in their mosque to help, he turned them in.

"These individuals are often hiding in plain sight in cities like Torrance and now Toledo," says John Pistole, a FBI deputy director.

Two months ago, a pair of Atlanta men, one a Georgia Tech engineering student, were arrested not long after communicating by e-mail with two of the suspects arrested in Canada over the weekend. The Atlanta men are charged with videotaping domestic targets, including the U.S. Capitol and the World Bank.

Analysts now conclude similarities between all the cases were dramatic: All were self-financed, self-motivated, and in each case the men were seeking out others to join their cell.

In short, Osama bin Laden didn't pay for these plots, recruit for them or even know of them. They were all totally homegrown — even amateurish. But if four, including the one in Canada, have been uncovered in just 11 months, officials fear there are inevitably other plots that have not been and are maturing even now.

The next attack here, officials predict, will bear no resemblance to Sept. 11. The casualty toll will not be that high, the target probably not that big. We may not even recognize it for what it is at first, they say. But it's coming — of that they seem certain.

©MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.

MannyIsGod
06-06-2006, 03:16 PM
Karl Rove's playbook needs some innovation. This is 2004 all over again!!!!

Extra Stout
06-06-2006, 03:23 PM
This is getting really old.

Extra Stout
06-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Karl Rove's playbook needs some innovation. This is 2004 all over again!!!!
He's been too busy fighting off an indictment to come up with new material.

xrayzebra
06-06-2006, 04:53 PM
He's been too busy fighting off an indictment to come up with new material.

Oh how I hope you are right, that this is a Karl Rove thing. But I suspect
there may be other information we are not aware of.

Extra Stout
06-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh how I hope you are right, that this is a Karl Rove thing. But I suspect
there may be other information we are not aware of.
Just telling us, "Oh, there are new terror threats out there," is not useful information. What is the public supposed to do in response? "Be extra vigilant?"

There's that color-code system, so that if there are leads about an attack, the alert level can be raised, and state and local governments, schools, industrial complexes, and other businesses can take precautions associated with the higher threat level. If they're truly concerned, why not raise the alert level to orange?

But this kind of nebulous press release is useless bullshit, and the timing stinks of political games to frighten us.

Spurminator
06-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I don't think there's anything so sinister as a manufactured threat here... I'm sure there has been ongoing evidence of various attacks for the past five years. But we don't hear about all of them, and it seems like any time Republicans need to set themselves up for Election-year "Tough on Terror" platforms, they rev up the Fear Machine.

Legitimate threat or not, this is useless information to the general public.

Extra Stout
06-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Let's see...

Gay marriage... check.

Terror threats... check.

I believe next on the agenda will be something about abortion and Supreme Court justices.

MannyIsGod
06-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Bush was bitching about judicial activism yesterday. Damn those people who want to uphold the constitutions of the states and of the country. Damn them!

gtownspur
06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Wow, there was a cell break up in atlanta, San fran, and now a huge one in Canada.

Nah... Bush is just playing games.

gtownspur
06-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Bush was bitching about judicial activism yesterday. Damn those people who want to uphold the constitutions of the states and of the country. Damn them!

God, manny!

Bush cannot say anything about social conservative causes because there are high oil prices out there, famines, pestilences, and ww3. WOw, you wouldn't hold the same standards if your pricks were elected.

Good Lord, whoever gets elected next cannot pass a single proposal till even bigger problems like Iraq, world hunger, famine, poverty, and time travel be achieved. And all because big pussy babies like Manny will throw a fit.

gtownspur
06-06-2006, 06:46 PM
This is getting really old.

What is?

Rovian tactics,

or cell break ups.

gtownspur
06-06-2006, 06:58 PM
let me ask you a questin dipshits.

if you were in charge of homeland security and you knew that there was a big potential for terrorist attacks because of an increase of telecommunication messages from sleeper cells in the U.S., because the midterm elections were only months away, you'd stay shut about it.

Unbelievable.

We can all sit here as cynical liberals wondering why the president is not at a super command center in some unkown cave fighting terrorsit w/o nsa probes but pure superhuman powers and a high flying super hero jet. Or sit around as limp wristed conservatives who have nothing better to do than try to sell the liberals of how prinicpled and above the frey we are and be cynical about these warnings.

But wouldn't the likelyhood of a terrorist attack be around any holiday or elections?

I mean i be damned if the terrorist weren't smart enough to orchestrate an attack before midterms in order to swing the country's vote towards a more passive party.

But noooo...... Bush is supposed to keep quiet and be damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

Pure genious.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 07:02 PM
So the terra alert level has been raised, right?

gtownspur
06-06-2006, 07:06 PM
And if it isn't or is, you'd still be a jackass if there was another terrorist attack.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Why? I wouldn't be told if one was imminent. That's not how it works. I've been told all along to expect another one, so why would I be a jackass if what Bush said would happen actually happened?

clambake
06-06-2006, 07:08 PM
gtownspur receiving messages from his leader. Only voice in his head.

gtownspur
06-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Why? I wouldn't be told if one was imminent. That's not how it works. I've been told all along to expect another one, so why would I be a jackass if what Bush said would happen actually happened?

I guess you're once again privy to info that no one else is privy to.

YOu're sad.

Wait nm, i could be wrong. He probably did state that on pg 2 of the war exit strategies you recieved from the pentagon.:lmao

scott
06-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I guess you're once again privy to info that no one else is privy to.

YOu're sad.

You're illiterate.

gtownspur
06-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Not illiterate, but i was confused.

For some reason i thought i was in the Bush part 1 thread. ANd since i just read Dump's last post i thought he was referring to our subject of midterm elections, and troop pullouts..

Scratch that.

gtownspur
06-06-2006, 07:37 PM

I'm sorry explain yourself.

Are you saying that you wouldnt be told if an attack was imminent, but you've been told all along to expect another attack...

This does not make sense. In both cases they are both imminent.

exstatic
06-06-2006, 08:56 PM
You need a dictionary, specifically one open to the page with the definition of "imminent".

velik_m
06-07-2006, 12:32 AM
i predict that somewhere, someone will destroy something for some reason, somehow.

elpimpo4cc for president

:lol
i would vote for you elpimpo!

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 03:11 AM
Jesus Chris G, your grap of the English language is so tenuous I can only conclude you are in this country illegally.

Consider yourself reported.

DarkReign
06-07-2006, 12:32 PM
i predict that somewhere, someone will destroy something for some reason, somehow.

elpimpo4cc for president

:lmao

:tu

JoeChalupa
06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
well.....here we go again.

gtownspur
06-08-2006, 12:02 AM
You need a dictionary, specifically one open to the page with the definition of "imminent".

If you're constantly expecting an attack like chump a dump says, then you believe an attack is imminent, or near. Same shit.

Oh and i love how Chump a dumper resorts to calling me an illegal, that only means one thing, His panties are in a wad, and he needs an extra quarter to stop his vaginal bleeding. :lol

gtownspur
06-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Jesus Chris G, your grap of the English language is so tenuous I can only conclude you are in this country illegally.

Consider yourself reported.

I could be a cock sucker like you and nitpick on spelling the word grasp, then again maybe you're the illegal. :rolleyes