ducks
06-06-2006, 07:21 PM
:rolleyes
I had to charge a credit card for $1 fax

PATHETIC

chode_regulator
06-06-2006, 07:28 PM
lol

i hate carrying cash. if i have iton me then i spend it on stupid shit. especially at work where theres so many coke machines, snack machines and food huts, gut sluts, you name it.

i only get out cash when im required to get the weekly haircut, and its gone immediatly. i find if i dont have cash then it limits what i can get and also limites me from buying tidbit shit.

JoeChalupa
06-06-2006, 08:21 PM
The wife is always on me for not carrying cash. I just don't use it much anymore at all. I always use my debit card or use it as a credit card if I have to but I don't carry more than $10 cash on me at any time.

MannyIsGod
06-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I rarely have cash on me. Whats the point?

ZStomp
06-06-2006, 08:33 PM
What is this cash you speak of??

This is the only Cash I use....

http://www.ascap.com/about/payment/images/cash_johnny.jpg

McKenzie
06-06-2006, 09:57 PM
:lmao

No shit! What cash. I think I have 12 bucks. Maybe 14 if you count my change purse. I had to get a new debit card in January. I broke the strip on the back. :lol

PM5K
06-06-2006, 10:10 PM
You know what I really hate, checks...

Especially people using checks in the quick checkout lanes at stores like HEB and Walmart, get with the damn times...

Vashner
06-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I'll take any unwanted cash $$$

Jekka
06-06-2006, 10:22 PM
You know what I really hate, checks...

Especially people using checks in the quick checkout lanes at stores like HEB and Walmart, get with the damn times...

Quick checkout lanes should be cash or card only.

Silver21_Black20
06-06-2006, 10:30 PM
I just recently got a debit card and it kicks ass. I rarely carry cash now.

MannyIsGod
06-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Checks fucking suck. Who the hell still uses checks?

PM5K
06-06-2006, 10:36 PM

I can understand some situations, but for the most part I can't understand people still using them, especially at the grocery store....

MannyIsGod
06-06-2006, 10:36 PM
For bills and paying another person, sure, but at a store it just seems weird.

Melmart1
06-06-2006, 10:41 PM
For bills and paying another person, sure, but at a store it just seems weird.

I know a few friends who still use them at stores and stuff like on Wed or Thur and don't get paid till Friday. I know I have been guilty of doing that in the past a lot. Luckily, I am now fiscally responsible and MasterDebit is my friend.

When I worked at HEB it was all the viejitos who wrote checks. Technology like the little swipe machines scare them, literally. Hell, even my mom refuses to get an ATM card, and she isn't quite 50 yet. She also has no clue how to send an email, despite my best efforts to show her how. To each their own, I guess.

Solid D
06-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Absolutely. Checks, no. Cash yes. If you entertain clients, you don't want to be without a little something in the pocket just in case. Also, if you ever want to help someone out here or there with a buck or two, it's nice to be prepared.

Guru of Nothing
06-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Fax of Life forum.

Please_dont_ban_me
06-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Ducks,

Where are you from? I'm not being rude...I just notice your english and grammar is always just a little off. So I'm curious, what ethnicity are you?

Please_dont_ban_me
06-07-2006, 12:10 AM
And to stay on topic...

I try not to keep more than a 10 and few 1's in the wallet, rest in the bank.

Vashner
06-07-2006, 12:13 AM
We are all just walking Imperial Scores anyway..

Fair Isaac ... it blowz..

MannyIsGod
06-07-2006, 01:11 AM

Ducks is as American as they come. He's just got his own unique style.

ShoogarBear
06-07-2006, 01:14 AM
The cash I carry tends to be 1s and 20s. :angel

ShoogarBear
06-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Ducks,

Where are you from? I'm not being rude...I just notice your english and grammar is always just a little off. So I'm curious, what ethnicity are you?North American Quacker.

SA Gunslinger
06-07-2006, 03:05 AM

Online banking is the shit. I just hate it when my payees change their remittance.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 03:13 AM
I carry $100 on me in case I get mugged. They're much more likely to kill you if you have to make the trip to the ATM.

Kori Ellis
06-07-2006, 04:06 AM
As anyone who has been around me knows, I never have even a dollar cash.

LJ carries the money.

He's the man after all. That's one of the requirements.

dougp
06-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I know a few friends who still use them at stores and stuff like on Wed or Thur and don't get paid till Friday. I know I have been guilty of doing that in the past a lot. Luckily, I am now fiscally responsible and MasterDebit is my friend.

When I worked at HEB it was all the viejitos who wrote checks. Technology like the little swipe machines scare them, literally. Hell, even my mom refuses to get an ATM card, and she isn't quite 50 yet. She also has no clue how to send an email, despite my best efforts to show her how. To each their own, I guess.
The funny thing about checks is that places like Walmart & the bigger chains are turning it into an electronic check and processing it same day so that they can avoid this kind of crap ... But nothing pisses me off more than people who don't know how to work the machines ... drives me nuts!

AlamoSpursFan
06-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Cash was the first thing I discovered the wonder of when Mrs. ASF and I split up. It is so nice to be able to open my wallet and not hear crickets chirping...

lilmads
06-07-2006, 08:13 AM
I love cash... The thing is down here we don't charge everything to a credit card or use a debit card... You can but not everyone does it.. To top it all off, I HATE when some people come to my parents' store and try to buy like a shot glass that costs like $2.50 with a credit card. Because of crap like that we require a minimum charge of $15.

CosmicCowboy
06-07-2006, 08:34 AM
I always carry cash...usually $200-$500 in twenties, fives, and ones...maybe a few extra 50's tucked in the wallet...Cash is still the easiest and quickest way to pay for stuff in stores...I hate waiting in line behind someone trying to charge a friggen cup of coffee...

SpursWoman
06-07-2006, 08:54 AM
I only have cash in my wallet right now because they don't have an ATM or take debit cards at the batting cages we went to last night. But usually I'm digging for change at the bottom of my purse or paying with my check card.

Solid D
06-07-2006, 09:09 AM
As anyone who has been around me knows, I never have even a dollar cash.

LJ carries the money.

He's the man after all. That's one of the requirements.

:rollin Man-Law

tlongII
06-07-2006, 09:39 AM
I carry bad checks.

xrayzebra
06-07-2006, 09:46 AM
I'll take any unwanted cash $$$

Get in line. I still pick up pennies.

I can't wait for comments on this post.
:lol

xrayzebra
06-07-2006, 09:52 AM
On a serious note. When you put a tip on the check at many restaurants, sometimes
the wait person doesn't get it. The restaurant keeps it. So I usually leave my tips
in cash. More than likely the wait person likes that better than writing it on the
check.

pache100
06-07-2006, 10:36 AM

I had to write a check to my air conditioner repairman (second time this year) yesterday. I couldn't for, the life of me, remember where my checkbook was, it's been so long since I used it. I got out my debit card for him, and he just looked at me. He said he could take it as Master Charge, but he'd prefer a check. I left him standing in the driveway while I went on a quest. Hey, the guy was from Seguin, they are a little behind the times, :lol .

On a serious note. When you put a tip on the check at many restaurants, sometimes the wait person doesn't get it. The restaurant keeps it. So I usually leave my tips in cash. More than likely the wait person likes that better than writing it on the check.

Me, too. If more than one person waits on me, I will take the tip to the person I want to get the money...if they want to share, that's up to them.

jcrod
06-07-2006, 12:51 PM
On a serious note. When you put a tip on the check at many restaurants, sometimes
the wait person doesn't get it. The restaurant keeps it. So I usually leave my tips
in cash. More than likely the wait person likes that better than writing it on the
check.

Are you sure, because thats were 90% of my tips go.

I really never carry cash on me and I use to hate it when McDonalds didn't take cards. I use checks when I pay for my league fees. I just have it filled out and drop it off, but I do carry cash to Ancira since thats the only thing they take at the stands.

sa_butta
06-07-2006, 12:53 PM
I rarely carry cash at all anymore. The only things I write checks for are bills. I use my debit card all the time. But sometimes it is inconvienient when I only want to buy a soda or something and dont even have cash on hand.

pache100
06-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Are you sure, because thats were 90% of my tips go.

I really never carry cash on me and I use to hate it when McDonalds didn't take cards. I use checks when I pay for my league fees. I just have it filled out and drop it off, but I do carry cash to Ancira since thats the only thing they take at the stands.

According to a friend of mine who works at a restaurant (used to work at Chili's and now works at Cappy's), it is true. She rarely sees any of the tips that people put on credit cards or write over the amount on debit cards. And when they do see any of it, management puts it all together at the end of the day and divides it up between the wait staff. I rarely pay for a meal with a credit card, but when I do, I tip in cash; if I pay with a debit card, I always make them bring me the change for what I "write over" and give it to the waiter/waitress in person.

sa_butta
06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
According to a friend of mine who works at a restaurant (used to work at Chili's and now works at Cappy's), it is true. She rarely sees any of the tips that people put on credit cards or write over the amount on debit cards. And when they do see any of it, management puts it all together at the end of the day and divides it up between the wait staff. I rarely pay for a meal with a credit card, but when I do, I tip in cash; if I pay with a debit card, I always make them bring me the change for what I "write over" and give it to the waiter/waitress in person.That is good to know. That pisses me off that they do that. But I will now try to tip in cash.

SpursWoman
06-07-2006, 01:10 PM
That is good to know. That pisses me off that they do that. But I will now try to tip in cash from now on.

No kidding....I usually tip on the receipt, too. That'll have to stop...if someone is doing a good job, I want them to get the money.

TheSanityAnnex
06-07-2006, 01:18 PM
When will hookers start accepting ATM cards?

sa_butta
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
When will hookers start accepting ATM cards?they do your just not sliding it in right.

TheSanityAnnex
06-07-2006, 01:23 PM
I've tried both slits, maybe my bar on the card is too used up.

sa_butta
06-07-2006, 01:25 PM
I've tried both slits, maybe my bar on the card is too used up.Or the hooker is all used up.

Vashner
06-07-2006, 01:41 PM
When will hookers start accepting ATM cards?

In Mexico some of the bigger brothels in Cancun, Cozumel, Boystown have ATM machines lol..

TheSanityAnnex
06-07-2006, 01:56 PM
In Mexico some of the bigger brothels in Cancun, Cozumel, Boystown have ATM machines lol..

<Spicoli runs to cash in his frequent flyer miles and heads down to Cancun.>

lilmads
06-07-2006, 02:16 PM

damn :lol

Vashner
06-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Ok I screwed up the topic again with low life comment..

Back to cash$$$

tlongII
06-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I always carry cash...usually $200-$500 in twenties, fives, and ones...maybe a few extra 50's tucked in the wallet...Cash is still the easiest and quickest way to pay for stuff in stores...I hate waiting in line behind someone trying to charge a friggen cup of coffee...

I find this post to be valuable as I know CosmicCowboy's real name, his residential address, and where he is most likely to be at certain times during the day. :nutkick:

Melmart1
06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Damn, I had NO clue that they rarely get thier tips. I hate carrying cash, but I might have to hit up the ATM before I eat in a restaurant next time.