PDA

View Full Version : NBA all reject team

sickdsm
06-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Out of all the castoffs and not highly coveted players of course.

Center: Diop
PF: Diaw
SF: Tim Thomas?
SG:
PG: Banks?

Missing a bunch of course but these come to mind.....

Holmes_Fans
06-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Marcus Banks
Mark Blount
Anthony Carter
Ricky Davis
Ronald Dupree
Eddie Griffin
Trenton Hassell
Troy Hudson
Marko Jaric Montenegro
Mark Madsen
Rashad McCants
Justin Reed
Bracey Wright

JMarkJohns
06-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Out of all the castoffs and not highly coveted players of course.

Center: Diop
PF: Diaw
SF: Tim Thomas?
SG:
PG: Banks?

Missing a bunch of course but these come to mind.....

Would you consider Raja Bell who is with his fourth team in five years? Think Utah, with it's need for a sweet-shooting, yet defensive-minded SG wouldn't mind having Bell back?

Mike James. Toronto was his third team in a two year span. He's in demand now, but at the time, he seemed pretty expendable to all his teams. I believe there was even talk of trades this season until Colangelo got there, but I'm not certain on that.

If not James, maybe Steve Blake. Portland played its best ball with him as the point. He could have been resigned by the Wiz for pretty cheap, but they opted for the more expensive, less of a legit PG option in Daniels.

sickdsm
06-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah, i was planning on putting tim thomas on the second team for Bell but i forgot.

As for James, i dunno, i've always really admired his game.

Holmes_Fans
06-06-2006, 08:56 PM
How would you put Diop on the all reject team? He has been on 2 teams since he was drafted 4 years ago and is actually doing good right now because of personall effort. Not because of the system like Bell/Thomas/Suns roster.

JamStone
06-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Mike James
Flip Murray (Richie Frahm a close second)
Bruce Bowen
Reggie Evans
Ben Wallace

Mavschick
06-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Would you consider Raja Bell who is with his fourth team in five years? Think Utah, with it's need for a sweet-shooting, yet defensive-minded SG wouldn't mind having Bell back?

DAL had him for a year but he was stuck behind Finley so he didn't get that much playing time. It was only after he got to Utah that he started to flourish and it's great that playing with PHO is bringing out all his natural skill.

At PG, I'd go with IND's Anthony Johnson. 5 teams dumped him before he hit IND and he ended up starting more games then Jamaal Tinsley. He's not the most athletic or flashy PG, but he doesn't give the ball up too much and he's an underrated shooter.

DFW Spurs
06-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Chauncey Billups. He was rejected by Boston, Denver, Toronto, and Minnesota before he went to Detroit.

Sense
06-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Mike James
Flip Murray (Richie Frahm a close second)
Bruce Bowen
Reggie Evans
Ben Wallace

Heh not ben

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Kevin Willis
Billups
Blount
R.Davis
Ronald Murray

Darrin
06-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Heh not ben
- 1996 draft - not drafted, had to cut his own highlights and mailing tapes to GMs just to get tryouts.
List of players drafted over him: Todd Fuller, John Wallace, Dontae Jones, Roy Rogers, Efthimis Rentzias, Martin Muursepp, Brian Evans, Priest Lauderdale, Travis Knight, Mark Hendrickson, Ryan Minor, Shawn Harvey, Joseph Blair, Doron Sheffer, Steve Hamer, Russ Millard, Marcus Mann, Jason Sasser, Ben Davis, Joe Vogel, Ron Riley, Jamie Feick, Amal McCaskill, Terrell Bell, Chris Robinson Western, Jeff Nordgaard, Ronnie Henderson, Reggie Geary, Drew Barry, Darnell Robinson.
- Boston - they tried to make him a small forward / shooting guard in summer league, cut him before training camp.
Briefly signed with a Russian team before rookie season.
- Washington - Traded him for Isaac Austin, a true center.
- Orlando - Teetered between Bo Outlaw and Ben Wallace before deciding to go with Outlaw, and therefore, trading Ben Wallace (and Chucky Atkins) to the Pistons for Grant Hill.

DirkAB
06-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Brad Miller.

pussyface
06-07-2006, 02:56 PM
...is an all star.

adrian griffin...wang zhizhi (just kidding, but god i love that chinaman.)

himat
06-07-2006, 03:05 PM
MJ didn't play on his highschool team for years.

AZLouis
06-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Jermaine O'Neal? Portland gave up on him.

angryllama
06-07-2006, 03:35 PM
First, you have to better define "reject"...I'll go with the players who over the past two seasons have gone from bench fodder to a contributing player.

PG - Mike James
SG - Flip Murray
SF - Bonzi Wells
PF - Boris Diaw
C - DeSagana Diop

2nd Team:
PG - Anthony Johnson
SG - Adrian Griffin
SF - Tim Thomas
PF - David West
C - Joel Pryzbilla

JamStone
06-07-2006, 04:28 PM
MJ didn't play on his highschool team for years.

Wrong, he played on his high school team.

The whole thing about MJ they talk about is that he didn't make the VARSITY team in his freshman year. Such an played-out argument. Most freshman don't make the varsity team. But, since it was Jordan, in retrospect, it was a big deal.

Vashner
06-07-2006, 05:03 PM
D. Rodman - AKA The Wurm