PDA

View Full Version : Cover Your Ears!!!

dawn
06-06-2006, 11:25 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 5, 2006

Murphy to be guest host of The Motorsports Zone

Dawn Murphy, known as “The Official KTSA(-AM) NASCAR Babe,” will sit in with Chuck Licata, host of The Motorsports Zone, for the next three weeks starting this Sunday.

Murphy produces the Chris Duel Afternoon Show on KTSA (550 AM) in San Antonio and also provides sports coverage – and NASCAR coverage and commentary – for other shows on the station, including Trey Ware, who hosts the highly-rated Morning Edge radio show (Monday-through-Friday, 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.).

“We look forward to having Dawn sit in for the next couple of weeks,” Licata said. “I’ve had chances to talk with her and her enthusiasm – especially about NASCAR and racing in general – is outstanding. I also got a high recommendation about Dawn from Mike Haag, writer for the San Antonio Express-News (MySA.com). She also works with Trey Ware and Chris Duel at KTSA, who gave her the ‘NASCAR Babe’ nickname; those are two great radio personalities, aside from Trey’s endeavors in local racing in the past.”

Murphy and her husband Scott have two children, Caleb (13) and Donovan (5).

Murphy is a San Antonio native who went to school in the East Central ISD before graduating from Texas Military Institute in SA. She was named captain of the volleyball team at Emmanuel College (Boston) as a freshman; she was named first team All-Massachusetts NCAA Division III team and team M.V.P.

Information about KTSA can be found at the station’s web site, www.ktsa.com.

The Motorsports Zone, a four-year-old show, airs on KVET-AM 1300, Austin, and can be streamed live at www.am1300thezone.com. Listeners can also interact live on the World Wide net by logging into the Chat Room at www.txracing.com. Replays of the show can be heard at www.kmacsports.com.

pache100
06-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Dawn, that's fantastic! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!

I will try to listen some, but I usually watch the race on television with my Mom and sister (and sometimes my brother).

This is so exciting! You go, girl!

dawn
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
We will be on at 10 am for one hour. Won't mess with Race time at all!!! :spin

Kori Ellis
06-08-2006, 04:36 AM
How exciting for you, Dawn!

Go Dawn Go!!

pache100
06-08-2006, 08:19 AM
We will be on at 10 am for one hour. Won't mess with Race time at all!!! :spin

FANTASTIC! I'm looking forward to it!

dawn
06-10-2006, 01:43 PM
thanks guys for your support!!!

pache100
06-12-2006, 08:57 AM
thanks guys for your support!!!

Dawn, I'm so sorry I missed your show. :depressed I was out during the morning and did not get home until right at race time. I will try to catch you next week!

dawn
06-12-2006, 08:53 PM
cool. It will also be up on the website later tonight after 9. I will post the link when I see it if you want.

dawn
06-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Here it is!
http://kmacsports.com/mzoneaudio.shtml

pache100
06-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Here it is!

Dawn, I'm listening now! Great show, good work! You kept Licata on his toes.

dawn
06-13-2006, 11:04 PM
HA HA. It should get better. I am on with him the next few weeks, so we will see. :spin