Slinkyman
06-06-2006, 11:29 PM
College: Miami
Class: Junior
Ht: 6-2
Wt: 190
Projected: late 1st, early 2nd round

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/largepics/diaz3.jpg

Strengths: A converted volleyball player with phenomenal athleticism … Incredible leaping ability. Owns (roughly) a 45 inch vertical … Aggressive scorer's mentality … Very competitive player … Great outside shooter with tremendous range, a little streaky, but when he’s on watch out! … Has excellent form on his shot and is clever at creating shots for himself … Has good body strength … Great body control … Very fast running the floor and can push the ball very well … Smart player , tough mentally, doesn’t get rattled easily … Uses pump fakes well to create shots … Understands how to use screens …

Weaknesses: A tweener … Lacks great point guard skills … Can handle and pass ok, but doesn’t understand how to run a team or direct an offense … Probably a small 2 on the next level, with the ability to fill in at the PG position … Still tends to be very out of control … Must work on protecting the basketball and passing … Still learning English which as a point guard is more of a concern for teams … Can get caught up trying to shoot outside when taking strong to the basket would be the better option …

DraftExpress Profile (http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=41)

Since the spurs are looking for another PG and looking to get more athletic this kid might be worth a shot if we can trade up. He's only been playing basketball for 4 years and is very raw so the spurs could bring him in and mold him into the player they want him to be and with his athletic ability he could be one hell of a player.

Mr. Body
06-06-2006, 11:43 PM
If they trade up anywhere close to getting him, I'd rather the Spurs look at some SFs instead - the Sefoloshas of the world. I don't see PG as big a priority at this point, especially a very raw one.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-06-2006, 11:44 PM
It's a great bargain, but I think getting another really young point guard to go with Beno isn't such a great idea. Give him a few years in the NBA and if he is as good as this profile says he is then we'll be in some serious business. But for now, let's get an experienced point guard, but not a bust like Nick The Geezer. Let's get like a Lindsay Hunter or Darrell Armstrong.

strangeweather
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
But for now, let's get an experienced point guard, but not a bust like Nick The Geezer. Let's get like a Lindsay Hunter or Darrell Armstrong.
You waant to get an old guy that isn't washed up like NVE and you want to get Darrell Armstrong?!? :lmao

If DA were any more done he'd need a burial plot.

Rynospursfan
06-07-2006, 02:40 AM
If your looking at a high-flyer in the late 1st, early second I would rather have James White.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2006, 07:16 AM
umm i prefer we draft the guy thats gettin jump over, looks like 6'11, the nb needs a new posterboy

infinite styles
06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
If your looking at a high-flyer in the late 1st, early second I would rather have James White.

Thats who I've been saying we should try to get all along.

Taking it to the Hole
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Bobby Jackson in a Spur's uniform. The guy is instant energy off the bench, experienced veteran, and has a defensive mindset, just what the Spurs are looking for from their backup point position. I know his age is a concern, but he looks like he still has some gas in his tank and he is hungry for a championship.

SsKSpurs21
06-07-2006, 02:07 PM
if manu played PG his name would be guillermo diaz.

judging by his strengths he seems like a determined player like manu who creates his own shots. i think pop would kill himself if he had another out of control player on the floor along with manu.

ducks
06-07-2006, 02:37 PM
If they trade up anywhere close to getting him, I'd rather the Spurs look at some SFs instead - the Sefoloshas of the world. I don't see PG as big a priority at this point, especially a very raw one.
in 3 years when spurs bring him in who knows what the biggest weaknesses will be

strangeweather
06-07-2006, 02:45 PM
in 3 years when spurs bring him in who knows what the biggest weaknesses will be
The listing says he played college ball at Miami, so they would need to add him to the roster this year, right?

Mr. Body
06-07-2006, 02:47 PM

My guess? Still the SF.

It wouldn't take 3 years, anyway.

ducks
06-07-2006, 02:47 PM
most likely yes

that is why they will not draft usa people

Slinkyman
06-07-2006, 06:04 PM
It's a great bargain, but I think getting another really young point guard to go with Beno isn't such a great idea. Give him a few years in the NBA and if he is as good as this profile says he is then we'll be in some serious business. But for now, let's get an experienced point guard, but not a bust like Nick The Geezer. Let's get like a Lindsay Hunter or Darrell Armstrong.

Well if we trade Beno for a 1st rounder like we tried to do last year we wouldn't have 2 young PGs and i hope you were joking about Darrell Armstrong.

Also Sefoloshas and James White are 6'6, 6'7 and will more then likely be SG in the NBA so they wouldn't be that 6'9, 6'10 SF we need. Marcus Vinicius or Shawne Williams would be the better fit if we're drafting a SF.