PDA

View Full Version : TP's interview from 11

ducks
10-14-2004, 09:16 AM
TP's interview
• October 11, 2004

Happy to be amongst my teammates !

Tony, you met with your teammates last Tuesday for day one of training camp How did it go ?

It went very well. We were all very pleased to see each other again. Regarding the practice, we worked on some systems. We have not changed anything since last year; we will play in much the same way. Prior to the start of the season (November 3rd against Sacramento), the objective is to assimilate the new players. They have a mere three weeks to learn our systems.

What are the news about Beno Udrih, the new player from Slovenia ?

He is getting back in shape from injury but he is still not at 100%. He took part in our last two practices as well as in the game that the bench players had to play against the starters. We played at the SBC Center, in front of our fans for the first time of the season. It was nothing more than practice, but every year we put together that game for our fans.

What will be the starting five next year ?

Tim Duncan, Rasho Nesterovic, Bruce Bowen, Manu Ginobili and myself. For now, Manu and Tim are not taking part in all of the exercises while at practice. Pop is somehow resting them after the Olympic games. This upcoming week, we will all start the more serious practices. We will all be there.

What about Brent Barry ?

He adapted very well. He is a great shooter and he proved it yesterday. I think he will bring a lot to this team. He will open up the game for Tim and myself. He is truly a great player.

How would you rate your own start of practice ?

I feel great physically. The work I did this summer seem to pay off. Pop is happy with my work and he congratulated me on several occasions. I am not the one to jump all around after a practice session, but then, I was particularly satisfied. I am now anticipating the beginning of the season. We have a few preseason games but this will most likely be for bench players to help them understand our systems.

Regarding your contract with the Spurs, anything new ?

We are still talking and for now I cannot say more. I simply hope that we will find an agreement prior to October 31st. It not, we'll just have to wait for next year. Wait and see.

www.tp9.net