PDA

View Full Version : Spurs matching up with Heat

clubalien
06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
I know many of ya'll thought there would be a rematch between the spurs and the piston in the finals. However, the heat made it past the pistons. Do we have enough big man to throw at shaq. IS shaq still as dominate as he was. Is wade the real threat. WHo do we put on wade. We got boen for kobe but now shaqs new team has wade. IS shaq less deadly now that he isn't a laker and not enjoying superior coach from phil jakson and laker arora. Do we have to admit that shaq might be the best bigman if he defeated the spurs as a laker and then goes to another team and defeats the spurs again with a totaly differnt team.

Please comment on your thoughts for the spurs heat series here. I didn't see any thread for it so I decided to make one. There are much better basketball minds then mine ofcourse.

MadDog73
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Man, I hate to be rude, but I don't even feel like thinking about it...

Suffice to say I believe the Spurs would have killed the Heat. Nazr and Rasho would actually have been useful, and Tony and Manu would have ripped through Walker and J. Williams.

The fact that we won't find out this year just pisses me off even more.

Solid D
06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Spurs are fishing.

mabber
06-07-2006, 12:46 PM
I know many of ya'll thought there would be a rematch between the spurs and the piston in the finals. However, the heat made it past the pistons. Do we have enough big man to throw at shaq. IS shaq still as dominate as he was. Is wade the real threat. WHo do we put on wade. We got boen for kobe but now shaqs new team has wade. IS shaq less deadly now that he isn't a laker and not enjoying superior coach from phil jakson and laker arora. Do we have to admit that shaq might be the best bigman if he defeated the spurs as a laker and then goes to another team and defeats the spurs again with a totaly differnt team.

Please comment on your thoughts for the spurs heat series here. I didn't see any thread for it so I decided to make one. There are much better basketball minds then mine ofcourse.

They'd be the slight favorite just like Dallas is. Bowen would try to slow Wade down and Duncan and your 2 big men (that didn't play in Mav series) would have plenty of fouls to go around on Shaq.

rayray2k8
06-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Um.. Dude, we're out.

Taking it to the Hole
06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
We would win simply because of the home court advantage and we have enough bigs to throw at Shaq. Bowen did a decent job in containing Wade this year, so I think our chances would have been really good at repeating.

TDMVPDPOY
06-07-2006, 01:13 PM
sweep :)

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Spurs are history for this playoffs, we will see next season.

SenorSpur
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Can't do it. I'm still too pissed off to even entertain the thought.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Spurs would own the Heat. Not even close.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Woudashouldacoulda forum.

Odogg
06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Spurs matchup with the Heat?

The Spurs match up VERY VERY Well with the heat. Let's see, I think Duncan has a 25ft. yacht off the coast of the Virgin Islands that has PLENTY of A/C onboard. I heard Parker and Ginoboli are staying with him since their #1 priority these days is to "catch the big one". They also have copious amounts of ice to keep the drinks cold and the bait fresh. In my opinion, the heat doesn't have a chance!! (Sorry, couldn't resist....)

:lol :lol :lol

JamStone
06-07-2006, 05:00 PM

Just curious why this is all written in a present tense form, as if the series is actually about to happen. Am I missing something?

Vashner
06-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Beat.. the heat...!!

When does there plane land in town..? i'll be at the air port!! (fan that refuses to belive dallus won lol)

mavsfan1000
06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Just curious why this is all written in a present tense form, as if the series is actually about to happen. Am I missing something?
It is a comedy act of pretending the spurs actually won. To most spurs fans this year it was generally thought of that the mavs had no chance in beating the spurs.

SequSpur
06-07-2006, 06:18 PM
The Spurs own the Heat.

Popovich Sucks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I know many of ya'll thought there would be a rematch between the spurs and the piston in the finals. However, the heat made it past the pistons. Do we have enough big man to throw at shaq. IS shaq still as dominate as he was. I

club, are you fucking psychotic or just in a serious case of denial?

Axl Van Dam
06-08-2006, 12:49 AM
:angel Spurs would've won it 6.

clubalien
06-08-2006, 12:32 PM
I doubt the spurs sweep the heat. They haven't being doing that lately.

SPurs in 6 seems very realistic. Also remember it changes to a 2-3-2 format in finals

MadDog73
06-08-2006, 12:47 PM
The Spurs own the Heat.

Popovich Sucks.

So, are you saying the Spurs would lose? :rolleyes